There are no data that cannot be plotted on a straight line if the axis are chosen correctly.

tech / sci.bio.paleontology / end Google Groups?

SubjectAuthor
* end Google Groups?*Hemidactylus*
+- end Google Groups?Kerr-Mudd, John
+- end Google Groups?Trolidan7
+- end Google Groups?*Hemidactylus*
`- end Google Groups?Trolidan7

1
end Google Groups?

<cYycnasugtBnpej4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6302&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6302

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Subject: end Google Groups?
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 04:05:14 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 04:05 UTC

WTF is up with the recent spam onslaught? I see it sporadically on an
iphone group and heavily here. Is it Google enabled? Should a request go
out to end Google Groups? There should be a bit of effort in accessing
usenet that makes throwaway spam accounts not worth the cost involved. Am I
yelling at clouds?

I only follow a few groups. Is there enough people in various fora fed up
enough to stage a grassroots revolt against corporate enablers?

Or is usenet doomed to spammer armageddon?

Re: end Google Groups?

<20231210110430.a866a02043d168344aa790e4@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6303&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6303

From: admin@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Subject: Re: end Google Groups?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 11:04:30 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 11:04 UTC

On Sun, 10 Dec 2023 04:05:14 +0000
*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:

> WTF is up with the recent spam onslaught? I see it sporadically on an
> iphone group and heavily here. Is it Google enabled? Should a request go
> out to end Google Groups? There should be a bit of effort in accessing
> usenet that makes throwaway spam accounts not worth the cost involved. Am I
> yelling at clouds?
>
> I only follow a few groups. Is there enough people in various fora fed up
> enough to stage a grassroots revolt against corporate enablers?

"Are there", not "Is there".

Yes, and various NG providers are also fed up and are filtering.
Looks like your NG provider isn't.

I suggest you sign up to Eternal September. I dont see this deluge, only
complaints about it.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: end Google Groups?

<ulaqqv$3ripo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6308&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6308

From: trolidous@antarcticbase.no (Trolidan7)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:37:03 -0800
 by: Trolidan7 - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 23:37 UTC

On 12/9/23 20:05, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
> WTF is up with the recent spam onslaught? I see it sporadically on an
> iphone group and heavily here. Is it Google enabled? Should a request go
> out to end Google Groups? There should be a bit of effort in accessing
> usenet that makes throwaway spam accounts not worth the cost
involved. Am I
> yelling at clouds?
>
> I only follow a few groups. Is there enough people in various fora fed up
> enough to stage a grassroots revolt against corporate enablers?
>
> Or is usenet doomed to spammer armageddon?

Yes, you hate freedom of speech.

The nuclear governments pay corporations to censor and
say it is not 'censorship' because the 'private sector'
has washed their censorship with money.

Since it is the 'private sector' even when governments
give licenses to operate to corporations, then it is
no longer a violation of constitutions when they censor.

Nine nations have built nuclear weapons to murder every
last man, woman, and child on Earth. The court systems
of the world enable monster kings like the president of
the United States, the president of Russia, the chairman
of military committee of the People's Republic of China,
the prime minister of England, the monarch of England,
the prime minister or Israel, and others, to murder
billions of innocent women and children with nuclear
weapons designed to murder civilians and non-combatants
in violation of the Hague Conventions of 1899 because ...
the judges of the court systems of the world do not
want to endanger their government salaries. You
are one of the eight billion people that they want
to murder.

Government officials do murder people. That is why
nuclear weapons exist. On usenet you could tell judges
that murdering people is wrong, but once they censor
usenet, you would not be able to tell judges that
that attempting to kill 8 billion people with nuclear
weapons and having even the judges being incinerated
by nukes themselves is not justified execution and
lawful suicide. That is all because you like
censorship. As for Google, well, Google is evil.
They even have a slogan that says something like that.

Re: end Google Groups?

<zpOcnfiOVLXF7eH4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6316&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6316

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:27:20 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:27 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> WTF is up with the recent spam onslaught? I see it sporadically on an
> iphone group and heavily here. Is it Google enabled? Should a request go
> out to end Google Groups? There should be a bit of effort in accessing
> usenet that makes throwaway spam accounts not worth the cost involved. Am I
> yelling at clouds?
>
> I only follow a few groups. Is there enough people in various fora fed up
> enough to stage a grassroots revolt against corporate enablers?
>
> Or is usenet doomed to spammer armageddon?

Do they read this group? Becauseā€¦ask and you shall receive.

Re: end Google Groups?

<ulihun$22rmv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6317&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6317

From: trolidous@go.com (Trolidan7)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:54:07 -0800
 by: Trolidan7 - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:54 UTC

On 12/9/23 20:05, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
> WTF is up with the recent spam onslaught? I see it sporadically on an
> iphone group and heavily here. Is it Google enabled? Should a request go
> out to end Google Groups? There should be a bit of effort in accessing
> usenet that makes throwaway spam accounts not worth the cost
involved. Am I
> yelling at clouds?
>
> I only follow a few groups. Is there enough people in various fora fed up
> enough to stage a grassroots revolt against corporate enablers?
>
> Or is usenet doomed to spammer armageddon?

I was unaware that e-s filtered anything.

I like the idea that usenet is not actually
owned by anyone. This means that there is
no corporation to censor anyone.

As for nations throughout the world, some
of them have built nuclear weapons to murder
billions of people. And some people like
the concept of murdering billions of people.
They watch cop shows because they like to
be entertained by people shooting other people.
That is just the way they are. Is the sum
total of all governments and laws the total
extermination of all life on Earth?

Court systems, if they were interested in
not murdering people, could use 'full faith
and credit' to correspond with the court
systems of the world, to outlaw nuclear
weapons around the world. This is based
upon the idea that murder is wrong. The
'executive branch' will never do this.
This is because the 'executive branch'
is just out of control cops that like
to murder people.

Is the sum total of democracy the death
of billions of people with nuclear weapons?
Well there are carnivores in nature that
have nervous systems programmed to kill
and eat other organisms. They are not
interested in the lives of others. Only
in destroying the lives of others for
food. Food is the objective. Nonetheless
there are of course the laws of thermodynamics.
Good is low entropy. Evil is high entropy.
If you define a god as Summum Bonum (or
absolute goodness) and a demon as Summum
Malum (or absolute evil) then both could
be equated with low and high entropy. This
would also involve pantheism or at least
some ability for the theoretical deities
to interact with the universe that we
actually observe in some manner. Machines
called television sets and radios regularly
clamor for more and more destruction because
it appeals to the base instincts of many
people. Well maybe I am ignorant of this
'spam'. I guess it is uninteresting and
not worth reading?