All extremists should be taken out and shot.

tech / sci.bio.paleontology / Re: Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction

SubjectAuthor
* Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstructionpanther2020
`* Vendramini Neanderethal ReconstructionSight Reader
 `* Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstructionpanther2020
  `- Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstructionerik simpson

1
Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction

<%VUkN.16199$IfLe.1149@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6382&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6382

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
From: panther2020@vivaldi.net (panther2020)
Subject: Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 08:17:31 -0600
 by: panther2020 - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 14:17 UTC

https://youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs

Advanced bipedal ape with dark-world eyes and a fur coat...

Re: Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction

<6ea95aa3-a132-4a06-a996-6abb6c3aee61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6392&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6392

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 06:37:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction
From: thesightreader@gmail.com (Sight Reader)
 by: Sight Reader - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 14:37 UTC

On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 7:17:34 AM UTC-7, panther2020 wrote:
> https://youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs
>
> Advanced bipedal ape with dark-world eyes and a fur coat...

Didn’t get to watch the whole thing, but although they help with night vision, there are some pretty serious disadvantages to having vertical eye pupils. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to it and hear out the rest of the reasoning.

Re: Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction

<AXflN.18691$9cLc.18549@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6393&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6393

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
From: panther2020@vivaldi.net (panther2020)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:29:20 -0600
 by: panther2020 - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:29 UTC

That's the one problem I have with Vendramini's reconstruction, i.e. the
slit eye pupils. He was sasuming thata Neanderthals were diurnal like
cats and I do not believe that. The remaining creatures from that age
such as lemurs and tarsiers do not have slit eyes, just the huge eyes
that you assume were adapted to a very dark age (long story). Same
almost certainly true for Neanderthals, I do not believe they ever saw
anything that we would call daylight.

On 1/3/24 08:37, Sight Reader wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 7:17:34 AM UTC-7, panther2020 wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs
>>
>> Advanced bipedal ape with dark-world eyes and a fur coat...
>
> Didn’t get to watch the whole thing, but although they help with night vision, there are some pretty serious disadvantages to having vertical eye pupils. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to it and hear out the rest of the reasoning.

Re: Vendramini Neanderethal Reconstruction

<d6e287de-3f7b-4602-9444-95f7adc571c8@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6394&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6394

Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:51:04 -0800
To: "sci.bio.paleontology" <sci.bio.paleontology@google.groups.com>
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
From: eastside.erik@gmail.com (erik simpson)
 by: erik simpson - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:51 UTC

On 1/3/24 8:29 AM, panther2020 wrote:

> That's the one problem I have with Vendramini's reconstruction, i.e. the
> slit eye pupils.  He was sasuming thata Neanderthals were diurnal like
> cats and I do not believe that.  The remaining creatures from that age
> such as lemurs and tarsiers do not have slit eyes, just the huge eyes
> that you assume were adapted to a very dark age (long story).  Same
> almost certainly true for Neanderthals, I do not believe they ever saw
> anything that we would call daylight.
>

> On 1/3/24 08:37, Sight Reader wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 7:17:34 AM UTC-7, panther2020 wrote:
>>> https://youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs
>>>
>>> Advanced bipedal ape with dark-world eyes and a fur coat...
>>
>> Didn’t get to watch the whole thing, but although they help with night
>> vision, there are some pretty serious disadvantages to having vertical
>> eye pupils. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to it and hear out the
>> rest of the reasoning.

Is this some kind of joke? Most mammals came out of the dark at the
beginning of the Paleogene, let alone a few hundred thousand years ago.

Vendramini is also engaged in sci-fi or is also a nutter.