From: Inyo@altavista.com (Inyo)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Subject: Update To My PDF Print Book: "In Search of Vanished Ages"
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 13:18:24 -0800
 by: Inyo - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:18 UTC

Just updated my downloadable pdf print-book In Search of Vanished
Ages--Field Trips to Fossil Localities in California, Nevada, and Utah.
It's available for free download over at
https://inyo.coffeecup.com/site/fieldtripbook.html .

The volume is now up to 144,998 words--equivalent to an
above-average-sized hard cover work of standard nonfiction. Runs to 360
printed pages with 36 chapters and 38 individual field trips to places
of paleontological interest; also includes 78
photographs--representative on-site images and pictures of fossils from
each locality visited. In total, including images, the pdf file is
equivalent to about 400 pages in standard nonfiction 6 by 9 inch hard
cover format, with an average 400 words per page.

The print-book now contains the following four field trip chapter additions:

Plant Fossils At The La Porte Hydraulic Gold Mine, California

Fossil Plants, Insects, and Frogs in the Vicinity of Virginia City, Nevada

Field Trip To The Alexander Hills Fossil District, Mojave Desert, California

Plant Fossils In The Neighborhood Of Reno, Nevada