From: Snag_one@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: I need a project ...
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:18:44 -0500
 by: Snag - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 02:18 UTC

The 4Runner is being repaired (motor swap) by someone else , the
truck only needs some minor carb tweaks (until i get the SUV back , then
it gets an axle gear swap) , I don't have any payin' projects right now
.. If I don't find something to make or modify I'll have to get busy on
splitting and stacking firewood for next winter . Well , there is the
garden , but it's mostly in harvest-as-it-ripens mode right now .
Who am I kiddin' , I need to get hot on that firewood or we're going
to freeze our asses off this winter . Lucky me , I have a neighbor that
was clearing some trees to give his garden more sun . I got around 2
cords of white oak firewood out of that deal for free . That only leaves
4 more I have to cut down , saw to length , haul home and split then
stack . And I've only got about 12,000 trees to choose from ...
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .

Re: I need a project ...

<aeb593bf-36d6-4dbd-9725-3739bfe8ed77n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=7950&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7950

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 08:32:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I need a project ...
From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jean Bernadotte)
 by: Jean Bernadotte - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 15:32 UTC

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:18:47 PM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
> The 4Runner is being repaired (motor swap) by someone else , the
> truck only needs some minor carb tweaks (until i get the SUV back , then
> it gets an axle gear swap) , I don't have any payin' projects right now
> . If I don't find something to make or modify I'll have to get busy on
> splitting and stacking firewood for next winter . Well , there is the
> garden , but it's mostly in harvest-as-it-ripens mode right now .
> Who am I kiddin' , I need to get hot on that firewood or we're going
> to freeze our asses off this winter . Lucky me , I have a neighbor that
> was clearing some trees to give his garden more sun . I got around 2
> cords of white oak firewood out of that deal for free . That only leaves
> 4 more I have to cut down , saw to length , haul home and split then
> stack . And I've only got about 12,000 trees to choose from ...
> --
> Snag
> Men don't protect women because they're weak .
> We protect them because they're important .

This is a test reply using Google Groups because Eternal September appears to be down.
-jsw

Re: I need a project ...

<u9e8tv$3abuf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=7951&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7951

From: djb@invalid.com (David Billington)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 16:40:47 +0100
 by: David Billington - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 15:40 UTC

On 21/07/2023 16:32, Jean Bernadotte wrote:
> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:18:47 PM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>> The 4Runner is being repaired (motor swap) by someone else , the
>> truck only needs some minor carb tweaks (until i get the SUV back , then
>> it gets an axle gear swap) , I don't have any payin' projects right now
>> . If I don't find something to make or modify I'll have to get busy on
>> splitting and stacking firewood for next winter . Well , there is the
>> garden , but it's mostly in harvest-as-it-ripens mode right now .
>> Who am I kiddin' , I need to get hot on that firewood or we're going
>> to freeze our asses off this winter . Lucky me , I have a neighbor that
>> was clearing some trees to give his garden more sun . I got around 2
>> cords of white oak firewood out of that deal for free . That only leaves
>> 4 more I have to cut down , saw to length , haul home and split then
>> stack . And I've only got about 12,000 trees to choose from ...
>> --
>> Snag
>> Men don't protect women because they're weak .
>> We protect them because they're important .
> This is a test reply using Google Groups because Eternal September appears to be down.
> -jsw

I'm using Eternal September and haven't noticed any issues.

Re: I need a project ...

<u9edev$3bdp5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=7953&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7953

From: Snag_one@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 11:58:11 -0500
 by: Snag - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 16:58 UTC

On 7/21/2023 10:40 AM, David Billington wrote:
> On 21/07/2023 16:32, Jean Bernadotte wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:18:47 PM UTC-4, Snag wrote:
>>> The 4Runner is being repaired (motor swap) by someone else , the
>>> truck only needs some minor carb tweaks (until i get the SUV back , then
>>> it gets an axle gear swap) , I don't have any payin' projects right now
>>> . If I don't find something to make or modify I'll have to get busy on
>>> splitting and stacking firewood for next winter . Well , there is the
>>> garden , but it's mostly in harvest-as-it-ripens mode right now .
>>> Who am I kiddin' , I need to get hot on that firewood or we're going
>>> to freeze our asses off this winter . Lucky me , I have a neighbor that
>>> was clearing some trees to give his garden more sun . I got around 2
>>> cords of white oak firewood out of that deal for free . That only leaves
>>> 4 more I have to cut down , saw to length , haul home and split then
>>> stack . And I've only got about 12,000 trees to choose from ...
>>> --
>>> Snag
>>> Men don't protect women because they're weak .
>>> We protect them because they're important .
>> This is a test reply using Google Groups because Eternal September
>> appears to be down.
>> -jsw
>
> I'm using Eternal September and haven't noticed any issues.

Same here , no problems that I know about .
--
Snag
Men don't protect women because they're weak .
We protect them because they're important .

Re: I need a project ...

<u9emkb$3dar9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=7955&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7955

From: none@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 12:34:34 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 19:34 UTC

On 7/21/2023 9:58 AM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/21/2023 10:40 AM, David Billington wrote:
>>> This is a test reply using Google Groups because Eternal September
>>> appears to be down.
>>> -jsw
>>
>> I'm using Eternal September and haven't noticed any issues.
>>

>   Same here , no problems that I know about .

Ditto.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

Re: I need a project ...

<u9fc4u$3ktq8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=7957&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7957

From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 21:41:34 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 01:41 UTC

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news:u9emkb$3dar9$1@dont-email.me...
On 7/21/2023 9:58 AM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/21/2023 10:40 AM, David Billington wrote:
>> On 21/07/2023 16:32, Jean Bernadotte wrote:
>>> This is a test reply using Google Groups because Eternal September
>>> appears to be down.
>>> -jsw
>>
>> I'm using Eternal September and haven't noticed any issues.
>>

> Same here , no problems that I know about .
Ditto.
Bob La Londe

---------------------
It looks like malfunctioning AVG was blocking access to ES until I rebooted
Win7.

This is Jean Bernadotte, an Army sergeant who rose to Marshal of France
under Napoleon and then was elected King of Sweden, where his descendants
still reign.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_XIV_John

Murat and Lannes were fellow Marshals whose dash and daring have been
ignored in English histories. I needed 10 characters and dropped the 's'.

My TV happens to be playing a PBS show on Jacques-Louis David, painter of
the French Revolution.