You will not censor me through bug terrorism. -- James Troup

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Acceleration's higher orders

Re: Acceleration's higher orders

<NsScnQOz7spEzWb4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=131320&group=sci.physics.relativity#131320

Subject: Re: Acceleration's higher orders
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 14:10:53 -0700
 by: Ross Finlayson - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 21:10 UTC

On 03/11/2024 10:56 AM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> On 03/11/2024 10:09 AM, Ross Finlayson wrote:

>>> Hey now, we're talking about f = ma, and about the infinitely-many
>>> higher-order derivatives of velocity, and meters/second and
>>> seconds/meter, that it is possible to have constant velocity,
>>> constant rest for that matter, constant acceleration and so on,
>>> but to get there it goes from zero to one, each higher order
>>> contribution going from 0 to 1 and back to 0 again, with regards
>>> to acceleration and deceleration, starting and stopping, and
>>> parting and meeting, all the objects in their ephemerides each
>>> other, in a world where all the orbits add up to the geodesy's
>>> world-lines, according to a theory of sum potentials, where
>>> all the real fields are potential fields including the classical
>>> field their sum in the middle, with least action and conservation,
>>> then about Einstein's bridge and rotational space-contraction,
>>> because Einstein's theory is classical in the limit.
>>>
>>> Usually the unit impulse function, and, the radial basis function,
>>> are two analytical features, of interest. For example, the
>>> Dirac delta, also known as unit impulse, is not-a-real-function,
>>> that's modeled as a continuum limit of real functions, that
>>> always has area 1, but is a spike of infinite height and infinitesimal
>>> width at the origin. The radial basis function, is a round bump
>>> on the line, with area 1, say. A droplet, is like a sphere,
>>> yet it's pointed in a direction, which is the direction of
>>> the classical force vector, in the theory of waves.
>>>

>>> So, here we're talking about the infinitely-many higher-order
>>> derivatives of velocity, calling those "v^prime(infinity)".
>>>
>>> Correspondingly there's about "e^x + e^-x", and also the
>>> power series out both sides of that, and, the sinusoidal,
>>> with respect to, the inch-worm.
>>>
>>> Einstein knows Newton, and, Newton doesn't define what
>>> happens except "rests stays at (constant) rest, motion
>>> stays at (constant) motion, all interactions follow a
>>> billiard ball model of perfect inelastic collisions",
>>> yet things don't and they aren't. It's undefined.
>>> So, Einstein, helps recognize, that there are some
>>> sorts these "Newton's Zero-eth laws of motion".
>>>

>>> I studied this for a while the other day and the
>>> usual gimme-gimme-gratification or cursory search
>>> arrives pretty much at "well, you see, it's undefined ...".
>>>
>>> Yet, life goes on.
>>>

>> I got to wondering about this and well it basically gets
>> to Galileo and the great relation of constant acceleration,
>> usually enough in the terrestrial setting the only source
>> of which being gravity, which is really only "constant"
>> in relatively short distances like from the table to the
>> floor, vis-a-vis "high-altitude low-opening parachuting"
>> or "a hole to the center of the Earth", it's sort of so
>> that the usual framing of terrestrial gravity as constant
>> acceleration is contrived, and, Newtonian gravity pretty
>> much works when the objects are quite massive and independent,
> [...]

Moment and Motion: inertial momentum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-c4UcaBcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-c4UcaBcA&list=PLb7rLSBiE7F4eHy5vT61UYFR7_BIhwcOY&index=32

Acceleration, mechanics, interaction, higher-order acceleration,
motion and rest, continuity, hologram universe, Mach,
physical quantities, point to total, dp/dt, dv/dt, change
in time, dimensional analysis, immovable and unstoppable,
dimensioned quantities, algebra and units, implicits
and implicit zero, reaching and finding equilibrium,
dimensional dynamics analysis, the un-linear, connection
of cascade and carriage, linearity of units of momentum and units
in inertia, higher-order linearity, complex and harmonic analysis,
dimensional resonator, Lucretius and Polybius, Aristotle's science
of physics, a place to stand, Aristotle's platonism,
Feynman's notes, configuration and energy of experiment,
forces and the classical limit, independence of coordinates,
stop-derivative, dimensional resonance, book-keeping,
momentum phase and phase momentum, Cerenkov and
Brehmsstrahlung, Huygens principle and boom angle,
d'Espagnat on objectivity, re-flux.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Acceleration's higher orders

By: Ross Finlayson on Fri, 8 Mar 2024