"Your butt is mine." -- Michael Jackson, Bad

tech / sci.math / Re: Seven deadly sins of set theory

Re: Seven deadly sins of set theory

<tYidnT51tLsg87X7nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=157985&group=sci.math#157985

Subject: Re: Seven deadly sins of set theory
Newsgroups: sci.math
<5bac1d68-de40-4a33-96a2-ef97e886df6b@att.net>
<8dea8b03-46f2-4c6c-bff2-da3e6616e262@att.net>
<KpqdnUhAQJl-S1X4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>
<e26b4dc1-faa4-49ba-8835-a9005fb4d6ee@att.net>
<IoOcnWnsidRVf1f4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<k7icnZXgwafiIFb4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<03139d07-ba50-45ae-bc6c-8dcf2987eb4a@att.net>
<1FKdnb13r5_JfFb4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>
<d91b901d-724e-4783-aa8d-a4ea7b45ae76@att.net>
<lYGcnT3ks_lNllH4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<WFGdnTGieIyycEX4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<mYydnRyHRuSN9LX7nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 19:30:24 -0700
 by: Ross Finlayson - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 02:30 UTC

On 04/23/2024 07:05 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> On 02/23/2024 11:08 AM, Ross Finlayson wrote:

>>> Consider for example the matrix product.
>>> It's well known that aligning m x p and p x n
>>> results an m x n matrix, its product.
>>>
>>> Yet, there are as well generalized products,
>>> for matrices of any dimensions, and as well
>>> inner and outer products, for example the
>>> determinant, or as with regards to bivectors,
>>> for examples, these fuller and scalar and
>>> inner and outer: "complementary duals",
>>> the duals of the complements.
>>>

>>> There's as well sort of generalized inverses,
>>> with regards to principal values p.v. for example,
>>> as with regards for example to complex numbers,
>>> or for example the postive and negative roots of even
>>> and odd powers of non-negative numbers.
>>>
>>> Again this is as with regards to "complementary duals",
>>> and about the usual notion of the inverse as axiomatic.
>>>
>>> Another key notion is for the deconstructivist account,
>>> for as what results what was elementary, for example
>>> atoms, has "sub-atomic particles", where for example
>>> the very theory of atoms is a deconstructivist account,
>>> and the very theory of axiomatic set theory making
>>> a descriptive set theory a model of models of mathematics,
>>> is as of deconstructive and constructivist accounts,
>>> for the constructivist side that it is structure, and
>>> for the intuitionist side that there's more than one
>>> way to look at things, then as with regards to the
>>> results of existence, distinctness, and uniqueness.
>>>
>>> Here then this "continuous topology" notion is rather
>>> for a sort of inner product already, if a wider and more
>>> general class of structures the topologies.
>>>

>>> Here, pair-wise contiguity is sharing all neighborhoods,
>>> while transitive contiguity has that contiguity is associative.
>>> It seems an example of a usual property like transitivity
>>> that happens to also model and be modeled by an other
>>> usual property like associativity, sort of in simile to how
>>> here the notion of a continuous domain's continuous topology,
>>> has that composing and decomposing them is just like as
>>> of the regions or analytical regions of the surfaces or bodies
>>> they represent, being together, and meeting.
>>>

>>> So, I think this is a good idea and part of mathematics.
>>> It's a bit more involved than topology which is connected
>>> enough to establish usual results, while it provides for
>>> various certain stronger and more direct results.
>>>
>>> When I think of algebraic geometry, I sort of have the
>>> geometry first, because it's Euclidean and there's the
>>> Cartesian and R^N. The algebras are a much richer
>>> milieu for the deconstructivist and analytical accounts,
>>> and models of all the products, whose images, are geometric.
>>>
>>> So, let's consider further this notion of a definition of
>>> "continuous topology", and why it's a central and primary
>>> feature in the structure of the objects of mathematics.
>>>

>> Here then let us consider furthermore this notion
>> of a "continuous topology" it being embodying contiguity,
>> and of the sort of least-tenuous "tenuous topology",
> [...]

Points a lot at Ian Mueller: "Aristotle on Geometrical Objects".

https://philpapers.org/rec/MUEAOG

Published Online: 2009-07-17
Published in Print: 1970

"[Jakubowicz has] attempted to go beyond those writers who make
the claim that Aristotle's ideas of continuity, geometry, etc.,
were essentially those that _we_ hold."

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Seven deadly sins of set theory

By: WM on Thu, 4 Jan 2024