Disease can be cured; fate is incurable. -- Chinese proverb

arts / rec.arts.tv / InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

SubjectAuthor
* InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsBTR1701
+- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogstrotsky
+* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogssuper70s
|+* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsshawn
||`* Web of cries, was: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon'sdanny burstein
|| `- Re: Web of cries, was: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmshawn
|`* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsAdam H. Kerman
| `- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsshawn
`* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsanim8rfsk
 `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsshawn
  `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
   `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
    +- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsdanny burstein
    +- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsanim8rfsk
    +* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogstrotsky
    |`* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
    | +* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsDimensional Traveler
    | |`* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
    | | `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogsshawn
    | |  `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsAdam H. Kerman
    | |   `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsDimensional Traveler
    | |    +- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
    | |    `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsAdam H. Kerman
    | |     `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
    | |      +- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsDimensional Traveler
    | |      `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
    | |       `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogstrotsky
    | |        `- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
    | `- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogstrotsky
    `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
     `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
      `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
       `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
        `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
         `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
          `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP
           `* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
            +* Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsDimensional Traveler
            |`- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsmoviePig
            `- Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's DogsFPP

Pages:12
InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<IIydnQDcmb30Epb7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212165&group=rec.arts.tv#212165

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!diablo1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.26.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:54:01 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:54 UTC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter
weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on
Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he
dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed
our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the
deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog.
Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t
being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He did
not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping
under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and
myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did." We
are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved
boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no
tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately
suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with
the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their
investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law
enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot the
dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to
deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him
while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a single
gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at
the residence but did not attack."

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges had
been filed against the driver at this time.

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uug4ld$314do$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212169&group=rec.arts.tv#212169

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 05:21:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 05:21 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html

>The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
>dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter
>weekend. . . .

What a terrible story.

>. . . He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle. . . .

Uh, stupid question. Did the police attempt to learn if Merle is alive
and unharmed?

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c26dd1cd5b4f4b$33207$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212201&group=rec.arts.tv#212201

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:52:35 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsingh@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 09:52 UTC

On 4/1/24 11:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html
>
> The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
> dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter
> weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on
> Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he
> dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.
>
> "This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed
> our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the
> deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog.
> Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t
> being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He did
> not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping
> under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and
> myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did." We
> are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved
> boy and family member."
>
> InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to DailyMail.com:
>
> "We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no
> tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately
> suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with
> the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their
> investigation."
>
> In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law
> enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot the
> dog in self-defense.
>
> "The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to
> deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him
> while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a single
> gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at
> the residence but did not attack."
>
> They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
> the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges had
> been filed against the driver at this time.
>
> The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals

Maybe somebody will need to shoot the guy in self defense.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uugnt1$35itu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212208&group=rec.arts.tv#212208

From: super70s@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 05:50:09 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 10:50 UTC

On 2024-04-02 04:54:01 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle.

I guess we're supposed to glean from this that any transgender person
who shoots a dog couldn't be doing it in self-defense.

F--- dogs, especially aggressive ones and their masters who don't care
enough to train them, and the horse they rode in on.

I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<n17o0jp8b2o51jliav3gkbc5adggk2aio8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212233&group=rec.arts.tv#212233

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:56:43 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:56 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 05:50:09 -0500, super70s
<super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>On 2024-04-02 04:54:01 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle.
>
>I guess we're supposed to glean from this that any transgender person
>who shoots a dog couldn't be doing it in self-defense.
>
>F--- dogs, especially aggressive ones and their masters who don't care
>enough to train them, and the horse they rode in on.
>
>I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.

These women can still be quite fetching. I saw Jill Hennessy (CROSSING
JORDAN) a few weeks back when I watched MADAME WEB and she still looks
quite good as you can see in the bedroom scene (no nudity).

Web of cries, was: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uuha1j$bfj$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212242&group=rec.arts.tv#212242

From: dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:59:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:59 UTC

In <n17o0jp8b2o51jliav3gkbc5adggk2aio8@4ax.com> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

[snip]
>>I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.

>These women can still be quite fetching. I saw Jill Hennessy (CROSSING
>JORDAN) a few weeks back when I watched MADAME WEB and she still looks
>quite good as you can see in the bedroom scene (no nudity).

So _you're_ the other person who saw Madame Web.

I sympathize with you....

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Web of cries, was: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<9bbo0jlo243ui8q9k0srq996ngdu6fdap3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212243&group=rec.arts.tv#212243

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 12:12:27 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 16:12 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:59:47 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>In <n17o0jp8b2o51jliav3gkbc5adggk2aio8@4ax.com> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:
>
>[snip]
>>>I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.
>
>>These women can still be quite fetching. I saw Jill Hennessy (CROSSING
>>JORDAN) a few weeks back when I watched MADAME WEB and she still looks
>>quite good as you can see in the bedroom scene (no nudity).
>
>So _you're_ the other person who saw Madame Web.
>
>I sympathize with you....

Yeah, I was shocked at how little emotion Dakota Johnson showed in
this movie. She really was/is a one note actress. I thought she must
have been doing a bit in the interview I saw with her where she again
wasn't showing much emotion but then you see her doing the same thing
in this movie in very different sorts of situations and realize that's
just her.

Which makes you wonder how she got hired to be a lead actress. I
realize she's pretty and has famous parents but don't
producers/casting agents/ directors want someone that can emote? Maybe
she had Covid and this is a new symptom of long Covid where it removes
your sense of emotions?

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uuiguc$3m9p5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212323&group=rec.arts.tv#212323

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 03:03:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 03:03 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>On 2024-04-02 04:54:01 +0000, BTR1701 said:

>>He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle.

>I guess we're supposed to glean from this that any transgender person
>who shoots a dog couldn't be doing it in self-defense.

Fuck you, you asshole. He wasn't an InstaCart gig worker. She was. Merle
was an actual woman, from reading that sentence without being an
asshole. The sentence was about a guy working as a gig worker under a
woman's identity.

>F--- dogs, especially aggressive ones and their masters who don't care
>enough to train them, and the horse they rode in on.

If it were self defense, why was there no evidence that the dog attacked
him? It didn't say why the dog was loose.

>I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<eoip0jdlh12755e6ngourentondcpbuuoh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212324&group=rec.arts.tv#212324

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 23:23:35 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 03:23 UTC

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 03:03:40 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>On 2024-04-02 04:54:01 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>>>He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle.
>
>>I guess we're supposed to glean from this that any transgender person
>>who shoots a dog couldn't be doing it in self-defense.
>
>Fuck you, you asshole. He wasn't an InstaCart gig worker. She was. Merle
>was an actual woman, from reading that sentence without being an
>asshole. The sentence was about a guy working as a gig worker under a
>woman's identity.

>>F--- dogs, especially aggressive ones and their masters who don't care
>>enough to train them, and the horse they rode in on.
>
>If it were self defense, why was there no evidence that the dog attacked
>him? It didn't say why the dog was loose.

It also doesn't explain why he shot one dog and not the other. As for
them being loose they were inside a gated area so no need to keep them
chained up. Without some evidence of the dog attacking him or it being
known to attack others it does sound like he just decided to kill the
dog for unexplained reason.

>>I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<1437748060.733782420.649436.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212329&group=rec.arts.tv#212329

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie
Harmon's Dogs
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 06:45 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html

> The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter
weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on
Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he
dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

> "This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed
our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the
deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our
dog.
Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he
wasn’t
being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He
did
not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping
under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and
myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did."
We
are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved
boy and family member."

> InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to DailyMail.com:
>
> "We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no
tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately
suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with
the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their
investigation."

> In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law
enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot
the
dog in self-defense.

> "The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to
deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him
while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a
single
gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at
the residence but did not attack."

> They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges
had
been filed against the driver at this time.

> The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions.

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the front of
the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen all the
time?

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the front door. I
thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see that
her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew.

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life
happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video
which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart,
drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and steals
their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be
pets and it’s just a small fine.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<p15q0j9t7p6v9oqg3912hnsj625l5uubah@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212332&group=rec.arts.tv#212332

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 04:38:22 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 08:38 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

> [...]
>deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him
>while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a
>single
>gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at
>the residence but did not attack."
>>
>> They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
>the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges
>had
>been filed against the driver at this time.
>>
>> The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals
>>

>I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions.
>
>Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the front of
>the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen all the

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see
around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to
the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

>The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the front door. I
>thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see that
>her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew.

I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
unless he delivered items there before.

>Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life
>happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video
>which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign?
>
>I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart,
>drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.

>They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and steals
>their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be
>pets and it’s just a small fine.

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
happen to him.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uuj99h$3rnmp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212356&group=rec.arts.tv#212356

From: fredp1571@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's
Dogs
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 05:59:11 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 09:59 UTC

On 4/3/24 4:38 AM, shawn wrote:
> [...]
>
> I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
> unless he delivered items there before.
>
>> Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life
>> happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video
>> which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign?
>>
>> I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart,
>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?
>
> My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.
>
>> They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and steals
>> their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be
>> pets and it’s just a small fine.
>
> Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to

You're kidding, right? Without him having proof of self defense, he's
going to get his ass sued off.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, he's
charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c2d83f594a4d02$139916$3265$48d50260@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212424&group=rec.arts.tv#212424

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:22:52 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: never@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 18:22 UTC

On 4/3/2024 5:59 AM, FPP wrote:
> [...]
>>> happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video
>>> which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign?
>>>
>>> I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart,
>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?
>>
>> My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.
>>
>>> They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and
>>> steals
>>> their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be
>>> pets and it’s just a small fine.
>>
>> Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
>> happen to him.
>>

> You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, he's
> going to get his ass sued off.
>
> As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, he's
> charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uuk7ap$j5c$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212426&group=rec.arts.tv#212426

From: dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 18:31:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 18:31 UTC

In <17c2d83f594a4d02$139916$3265$48d50260@news.newsdemon.com> moviePig <never@nothere.com> writes:

[snip]

>I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
>provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

I do want to believe there are people who'd shoot Usenet posters
who copy over a half dozen screen fulls just to add a single line
comment at the end.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<2056438725.733866773.037332.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212430&group=rec.arts.tv#212430

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Harmon's Dogs
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 13:01:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 20:01 UTC

moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
> On 4/3/2024 5:59 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 4/3/24 4:38 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see
>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
>>> connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to
>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

>>> I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
>>> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
>>> unless he delivered items there before.

>>> My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.

>>> Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
>>> happen to him.
>>>

>> You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, he's
>> going to get his ass sued off.
>>
>> As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, he's
>> charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.
>
> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

PETA would.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c30bdfdd7e92cd$124383$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212503&group=rec.arts.tv#212503

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 05:08:59 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsingh@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 10:08 UTC

On 4/3/24 1:22 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/3/2024 5:59 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 4/3/24 4:38 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see
>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
>>> connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to
>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

>>> I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
>>> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
>>> unless he delivered items there before.

>>> My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.

>>> Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
>>> happen to him.
>>>

>> You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, he's
>> going to get his ass sued off.
>>
>> As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything,
>> he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.
>
> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

You're confused. Try "not enough provocation." A dog growling isn't
reason to execute it.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uum0nv$jodl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212504&group=rec.arts.tv#212504

From: fredp1571@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Dogs
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 06:51:42 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 10:51 UTC

On 4/3/24 2:22 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/3/2024 5:59 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 4/3/24 4:38 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see
>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
>>> connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to
>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

>>> I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
>>> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
>>> unless he delivered items there before.

>>> My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.

>>> Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
>>> happen to him.
>>>

>> You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, he's
>> going to get his ass sued off.
>>
>> As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything,
>> he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.
>
> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

Wow, pig. So you've never been on a jury before, have you?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c31d4bca8886e3$33222$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212536&group=rec.arts.tv#212536

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 11:28:12 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: never@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:28 UTC

On 4/4/2024 6:08 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 4/3/24 1:22 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense,
>>> he's going to get his ass sued off.
>>>
>>> As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything,
>>> he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.
>>
>> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
>> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.
>
> You're confused.  Try "not enough provocation."  A dog growling isn't
> reason to execute it.

"Not enough" is much more subjective than "zero".

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c31d7e35cbe777$33223$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212537&group=rec.arts.tv#212537

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 11:31:49 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: never@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:31 UTC

On 4/4/2024 6:51 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 4/3/24 2:22 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense,
>>> he's going to get his ass sued off.
>>>
>>> As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything,
>>> he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.
>>
>> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
>> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.
>
> Wow, pig.  So you've never been on a jury before, have you?

No, I fail the voir dire. But in this instance it's the word of the
victim and only witness against the owners' speculative "certainty".

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uunfai$v0c0$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212592&group=rec.arts.tv#212592

From: fredp1571@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Dogs
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:06:42 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:06 UTC

On 4/4/24 11:31 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 6:51 AM, FPP wrote:

>>> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
>>> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.
>>
>> Wow, pig.  So you've never been on a jury before, have you?
>
> No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of the
> victim and only witness against the owners' speculative "certainty".

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his reason for
shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly? Do you live
under a rock?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<uuniva$vmua$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212622&group=rec.arts.tv#212622

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Dogs
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 18:09:01 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 01:09 UTC

On 4/4/2024 8:28 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 6:08 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>> I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
>>> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.
>>
>> You're confused.  Try "not enough provocation."  A dog growling isn't
>> reason to execute it.
>
> "Not enough" is much more subjective than "zero".

I have the feeling the dog was walking up to the InstaCart person
looking for a scritch or petting.

dirty old man.

Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c34296ab7bef96$51967$3384359$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212633&group=rec.arts.tv#212633

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 22:51:36 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <IIydnQDcmb30Epb7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com> <1437748060.733782420.649436.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <p15q0j9t7p6v9oqg3912hnsj625l5uubah@4ax.com> <uuj99h$3rnmp$1@dont-email.me> <17c2d83f594a4d02$139916$3265$48d50260@news.newsdemon.com> <17c30bdfdd7e92cd$124383$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com> <17c31d4bca8886e3$33222$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com> <uuniva$vmua$1@dont-email.me>
From: never@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 02:51 UTC

On 4/4/2024 9:09 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 4/4/2024 8:28 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> You're confused.  Try "not enough provocation."  A dog growling isn't
>>> reason to execute it.
>>
>> "Not enough" is much more subjective than "zero".
>>
> I have the feeling the dog was walking up to the InstaCart person
> looking for a scritch or petting.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

<17c342b0976dff0b$51968$3384359$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212634&group=rec.arts.tv#212634

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 22:53:27 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: never@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 02:53 UTC

<1bvu0jl90je2vev5j8ea7bkfoiegneeeri@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212642&group=rec.arts.tv#212642

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 00:30:11 -0400
References: <IIydnQDcmb30Epb7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com> <1437748060.733782420.649436.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <p15q0j9t7p6v9oqg3912hnsj625l5uubah@4ax.com> <uuj99h$3rnmp$1@dont-email.me> <17c2d83f594a4d02$139916$3265$48d50260@news.newsdemon.com> <17c30bdfdd7e92cd$124383$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com> <17c31d4bca8886e3$33222$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com> <uuniva$vmua$1@dont-email.me> <17c34296ab7bef96$51967$3384359$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 04:30 UTC

<uuo28j$16fg4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=212646&group=rec.arts.tv#212646

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 05:29:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 05:29 UTC

>>. . .

>The sad thing is you can't always tell what the dog is going to do.

You pay attention to the dog's ears, his head position, and his tail.
They make it quite clear. Also, dogs pay attention TO YOU, so show
leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach the dog
in a way he might feel threatened, like with your from above trying to
pet the top of his head. If he's willing to be petted, he'll let you but
do it from below eye level on his chest.

Some dogs, like herding dogs, might be aggressive with their mouths,
like grabbing wrists or ankles, but that's trying to dominate and not
trying to kill. A dog that attacks the neck or face is quite dangerous.

>I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs
>are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like
>they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was walking by
>but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to
>always be cautious when going to pet a dog even though the owner is
>right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case the
>dog wants to take a nip.

Right. NEVER offer dog a finger.