Laugh and the world thinks you're an idiot.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatles

SubjectAuthor
* Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|`* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
| `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|  `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|   `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|    `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|     +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|     `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|      `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|       `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|        `- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
+- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|+- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|`* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
| +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
| `- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|`* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
| `- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|`- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|`* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatlesgeoff
| +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
| `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|  `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|   `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|    `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|     `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|      `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|       +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|       +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|       `- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
+- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
+- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesPamela Brown
|`* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
| `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|  `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|   `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|    `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|     +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|     `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatlesgeoff
|      `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|       `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatlesgeoff
|        `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|         +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|         `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatlesgeoff
|          `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|           `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatlesgeoff
|            +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|            +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|            `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|             +* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|             |`- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|             `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|              `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|               +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|               `* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|                +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|                +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|                +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|                +- Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|                +- Re: Imagined...un hommage to John LennonPamela Brown
|                `- Re: Hilda Wolpe Discusses Yoko and ToshiNorbert K
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
||+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
|||+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesCurtis Eagal
|||`- McCartney: A Life in LyricsBook Lover
||`- Re: "Now And Then" Lyric "If We Must Start Again" Hints At ObligationCurtis Eagal
|`- Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style onNorbert K
+* Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The BeatlesFamous Amos
`- Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style onBruce

Pages:12345
Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatles

<540838f6-ebd8-4d36-b8c2-f239eb083984n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6084&group=rec.music.beatles#6084

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:50:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatles
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 18:50 UTC

On Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 10:08:06 AM UTC-7, Curtis Eagal wrote:
> [...]
>
> Society believing its own devised pursuits supervene whatever prophecy has to offer suggests the mindset of vanity precluding salvation. It is not as if some people can learn and propagate education in the normal fashion: the requisite truths are so strange they strain credulity, rendering fulfillment of the 'As in the days of Noah' comparison by Jesus. The End-Times society would be fated to generally disbelieve their critical esoteric truths, which 'no one can resist or gainsay,' just as the people of Noah's time scoffed at the notion of an impending Deluge.
>
> Sardon Nemaus si haut deborderont
> Qu'on cuidera Deucalion renaitre
> Dans le colosse la plus part fuiront
> Vesta sepulcre feu eteint apparaitre
>
> The Gardon will flood Nimes to such a high degree
> That one will believe Deucalion was reincarnated;
> From the Colossus the majority will flee,
> Vesta sepulchral fire would make them incinerated
>
> The clues always correspond with something actual, and timeframe can usually be roughly inferred. I knew something would affect a parliament on a feast for a saint named Felix before the London train bombing, which happened on Ringo Starr's 7 July birthdate with Felix of Nantes. I projected an explosive event around a Mercury solar transit at the feast of a saint of Tours, however it occurred later with the Beirut stockpile explosion on the day for Saint Euphronius of Tours.
>
> The Husk of III.75 was determined to be Ceres long before the 11 January 2020 convergence with Saturn, Pluto, Sun and Mercury as portents of the pandemic; the March 2020 lockdowns were anticipated a different way, counting 73 years 7 months from Truman signing the AEC into being. The George Floyd Memorial Day police murder had its date pre-derived as stirring the ire of Hannibal, from the feast of Leo of Troyes. The Ukrainian invasion date was surmised many years prior using I.16's hint about Saturn midway through Aquarius having a lunar sextile aspect with Sagittarius.
>
> Once the 25 October 2022 solar eclipse failed to produce what I.52 line 3 projected, the 20 April 2023 subsequent solar eclipse should been the focus, with the Venusian lunar conjunct bringing the relevant Grand Trines involving the Vertex. However the list of intervening relevant events has been extensive, including the Griner-Bout prisoner exchange, Nepal plane crash into Seti Gorge, massively lethal sibling quakes at the Turkey-Syria border, and so on. My posts on apn are archived where the Park Slope NYC neighborhood solution for II.65 was outlined, many months before the collapse of the parking garage.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatles

<934069bb-1cf2-45d8-b5d5-e256ed1103c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6085&group=rec.music.beatles#6085

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 02:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 09:51 UTC

<89037e6c-812d-4d6a-9c95-8666aeb736d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6086&group=rec.music.beatles#6086

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 10:09:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 17:09 UTC

<72f0cdfd-408c-49cc-81e3-d8667fb034a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6087&group=rec.music.beatles#6087

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 10:13:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 17:13 UTC

<fda64ad8-6420-4f71-9bd1-989accd0beabn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6088&group=rec.music.beatles#6088

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 03:49:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style on
"Norwegian Wood."
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:49 UTC

On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:34:31 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 5:14:16 AM UTC-8, Pamela Brown wrote:

> > > I agree. I also think he's an abysmal live performer. I hated his sanctimonious Christian phase. I also think he's a vastly overrated lyricist. Dylan is due for critical reappraisal.
> > >
> > > How about Dylan's embarrassing, either drunk or drugged-out appearances at the 1991 Grammy awards?
> > >
> > > As you probably know, Lennon wrote "Serve Yourself" in the late 70s in mockery of Dylan's Christian song "You've Got To Serve Somebody." Lennon quipped, "So Dylan wants to be a waiter now?"
> > There is a lot about the interactions of Bob Dylan and John Lennon that is only now becoming evident. I see their rivalry as not ending until John was dead.
> >
> > You might like my Bob Dylan blog Dylagence...https://dylagence.wordpress.com/
> I like the title!
Thank you! After trying to piece together all the odd coincidences that seem to occur, it seems appropriate...

Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style on "Norwegian Wood."

<5c983c5f-34c2-41a8-9b43-29946b5524fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6091&group=rec.music.beatles#6091

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 05:01:25 -0800 (PST)
"Norwegian Wood."
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 13:01 UTC

On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 3:49:56 AM UTC-8, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:34:31 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:

> > > There is a lot about the interactions of Bob Dylan and John Lennon that is only now becoming evident. I see their rivalry as not ending until John was dead.
> > >
> > > You might like my Bob Dylan blog Dylagence...https://dylagence.wordpress.com/
> > I like the title!
> Thank you! After trying to piece together all the odd coincidences that seem to occur, it seems appropriate...

Was it in fact Dylan who introduced the Beatles to marijuana? There's debate as to whether it was Dylan or Al Aronowitz.

Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style on "Norwegian Wood."

<98ff2f65-0718-47e1-a8af-af2107a82637n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6106&group=rec.music.beatles#6106

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 03:58:03 -0800 (PST)
"Norwegian Wood."
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:58 UTC

On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 7:01:27 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 3:49:56 AM UTC-8, Pamela Brown wrote:

> > > I like the title!
> > Thank you! After trying to piece together all the odd coincidences that seem to occur, it seems appropriate...
> Was it in fact Dylan who introduced the Beatles to marijuana? There's debate as to whether it was Dylan or Al Aronowitz.

I think the idea that the Beatles had to be 'introduced' to anything is ridiculous. They tried everything, weed included, in Hamburg...and may not have been impressed. I do think Bob may have given them some really good stuff though, and that made an impression...

Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style on "Norwegian Wood."

<f9cd57a9-c76a-448e-99cc-7c6ea1609031n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6110&group=rec.music.beatles#6110

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:31:22 -0800 (PST)
"Norwegian Wood."
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:31 UTC

On Monday, November 13, 2023 at 3:58:05 AM UTC-8, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 7:01:27 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:

> > > Thank you! After trying to piece together all the odd coincidences that seem to occur, it seems appropriate...
> > Was it in fact Dylan who introduced the Beatles to marijuana? There's debate as to whether it was Dylan or Al Aronowitz.
> I think the idea that the Beatles had to be 'introduced' to anything is ridiculous. They tried everything, weed included, in Hamburg...and may not have been impressed. I do think Bob may have given them some really good stuff though, and that made an impression...

You might be right about them trying weed in Hamburg, but I think it was the experience with Aronowitz and Dylan that they became seriously interested in the drug. Pot wouldn't have been conducive to the type of extended, high-energy performances they were doing in Hamburg, anyway.

There's a sound basis for believing John, George and their women were exposed to LSD for the first time in 1965 -- though that drug had been around since the late 40s.

Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style on "Norwegian Wood."

<8553e6c9-785a-4d87-ad76-64f99722d204n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6113&group=rec.music.beatles#6113

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 04:00:03 -0800 (PST)
"Norwegian Wood."
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:00 UTC

On Monday, November 13, 2023 at 3:31:24 PM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2023 at 3:58:05 AM UTC-8, Pamela Brown wrote:

> > > Was it in fact Dylan who introduced the Beatles to marijuana? There's debate as to whether it was Dylan or Al Aronowitz.
> > I think the idea that the Beatles had to be 'introduced' to anything is ridiculous. They tried everything, weed included, in Hamburg...and may not have been impressed. I do think Bob may have given them some really good stuff though, and that made an impression...
> You might be right about them trying weed in Hamburg, but I think it was the experience with Aronowitz and Dylan that they became seriously interested in the drug. Pot wouldn't have been conducive to the type of extended, high-energy performances they were doing in Hamburg, anyway.
>
> There's a sound basis for believing John, George and their women were exposed to LSD for the first time in 1965 -- though that drug had been around since the late 40s.
I agree. They were doing prellies and the like in Hamburg, kept them awake and revved up. Probably not much interested in anything that mellowed them out. I also agree that they most likely had a formal intro to LSD...

Re: Dylan wrote this to mock John Lennon doing his style on "Norwegian Wood."

<77dd5089-5b1b-44c3-85af-bfd8154602c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6363&group=rec.music.beatles#6363

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 09:09:52 -0800 (PST)
"Norwegian Wood."
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 17:09 UTC

On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 3:40:54 AM UTC-8, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 7:14:16 AM UTC-6, Pamela Brown wrote:

> > > I agree. I also think he's an abysmal live performer. I hated his sanctimonious Christian phase. I also think he's a vastly overrated lyricist. Dylan is due for critical reappraisal.
> > >
> > > How about Dylan's embarrassing, either drunk or drugged-out appearances at the 1991 Grammy awards?
> > >
> > > As you probably know, Lennon wrote "Serve Yourself" in the late 70s in mockery of Dylan's Christian song "You've Got To Serve Somebody." Lennon quipped, "So Dylan wants to be a waiter now?"
> > There is a lot about the interactions of Bob Dylan and John Lennon that is only now becoming evident. I see their rivalry as not ending until John was dead.
> >
> > You might like my Bob Dylan blog Dylagence...https://dylagence.wordpress.com/
> I think Bob had a hidden agenda when it came to John and the Beatles...Bob knew things John did not, which caused John to stumble...

And some years later, Dylan tried to warn Lennon that he'd heard Yoko had "bad vibes." I wonder what he knew, and through whom.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Bob Eubanks On Brian Epstein's Management Of The Beatles