Wad some power the giftie gie us To see oursels as others see us. -- R. Burns

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / back to square one

SubjectAuthor
* back to square oneHerman
+* back to square oneDan Koren
|+* back to square oneAndy Evans
||`- back to square oneDan Koren
|`* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
| `* back to square oneFrank Berger
|  +* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  |+* back to square oneDan Koren
|  ||`* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  || +* back to square oneDan Koren
|  || |`* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  || | `- back to square oneDan Koren
|  || +- back to square oneDan Koren
|  || `* back to square oneFrank Berger
|  ||  `* back to square oneDan Koren
|  ||   `* back to square oneFrank Berger
|  ||    `* back to square oneDan Koren
|  ||     `- back to square oneFrank Berger
|  |`* back to square oneFrank Berger
|  | `* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  |  `- back to square oneFrank Berger
|  `* back to square oneAndy Evans
|   `* back to square oneFrank Berger
|    `- back to square oneAndy Evans
+* back to square oneAndrew Clarke
|`* back to square oneFrank Berger
| `* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  +* back to square oneMarc S
|  |`* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  | `* back to square oneMarc S
|  |  `- back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|  `* back to square oneFrank Berger
|   +* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|   |`* back to square oneFrank Berger
|   | `* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|   |  `* back to square oneFrank Berger
|   |   `* back to square oneraymond....@gmail.com
|   |    `- back to square oneFrank Berger
|   `* back to square oneMandryka
|    `- back to square oneFrank Berger
`- back to square onemswd...@gmail.com

Pages:12
back to square one

<da4bdb5a-fd2d-4873-9688-9e113bd6656cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62166&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62166

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 14:37:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: back to square one
From: herstx@yahoo.com (Herman)
 by: Herman - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 22:37 UTC

It did not take long...
the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen to live in t London.
We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.

Re: back to square one

<eba1e520-5e35-4e2a-9d38-9cc645a51e5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62170&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62170

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:24:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: back to square one
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 23:24 UTC

On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 2:37:24 PM UTC-8, Herman wrote:
> It did not take long...

Sticking your head in the sand as always.

> the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music

Are you referring to yourself, Mandryka, Andy and Gerard? Can you even
count to 4? FWIW I have posted far more useful information about music
and recordings on this ng over the past 30+ years than you and your ilk
will ever be able.

> are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible
> proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen
> to live in London. We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.

Can you quote chapter and verse? As usual you are taking things out of
context, projecting, reading between lines, and ignoring what I actually
wrote.

There is little doubt the UK and its "academic" institutions are leading
the defamation campaign against Jews and Israel in Western Europe.
Just read the British press and watch the BBC, who refuses to refer to
Hamas as a terrorist group even though it is officially desognated as a
terrorist group by the UK government.

Case closed.

Re: back to square one

<7d1b7be5-cdb7-4f5e-8e8a-ed8f402ecee1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62171&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62171

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 16:29:49 -0800 (PST)
From: performanceandmedia@gmail.com (Andy Evans)
 by: Andy Evans - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 00:29 UTC

On Saturday, 11 November 2023 at 23:24:04 UTC, Dan Koren wrote:
> Case closed.

In your mind maybe. But that's because it's a closed mind.

London, UK. Where free speech is still possible.

Re: back to square one

<bef38b30-a97a-4192-ab52-f06d18def8d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62179&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62179

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 18:02:56 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 02:02 UTC

On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 10:24:04 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:
> On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 2:37:24 PM UTC-8, Herman wrote:
> > It did not take long...
> Sticking your head in the sand as always.
> > the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music
> Are you referring to yourself, Mandryka, Andy and Gerard? Can you even
> count to 4? FWIW I have posted far more useful information about music
> and recordings on this ng over the past 30+ years than you and your ilk
> will ever be able.
> > are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible
> > proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen
> > to live in London. We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.
>
> Can you quote chapter and verse? As usual you are taking things out of
> context, projecting, reading between lines, and ignoring what I actually
> wrote.

One doesn't have to read between lines, because the drivel written by the few here is self evident.

> There is little doubt the UK and its "academic" institutions are leading
> the defamation campaign against Jews and Israel in Western Europe.

More utter rubbish. Why are people throughout many cities worldwide being condemned by some for protesting the systematic killing of 11000 people, 4500 who are kids, under the false narrative that they are Pro-Palestinian? And yet you choose to believe otherwise. You are no better than your Nazi mate Marc and his ilk that bore him.
Interesting also that to note in another post that while condemning Oxbridge you choose to believe that good ole Etonian and Oxbridge "scholar" Murray. What a deceived fool you are. In short you demonstrate no worth because you choose to believe what you want believe.

> Just read the British press and watch the BBC, who refuses to refer to
> Hamas as a terrorist group even though it is officially desognated as a
> terrorist group by the UK government.
>
> Case closed.

There was never any case to close. Clearly you support genocide. You are beyond contemptable.

Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<4715faa5-0ba6-4bfd-b8b8-0934ef557effn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62180&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62180

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:18:08 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 03:18 UTC

On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 4:29:53 PM UTC-8, Andy Evans wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 November 2023 at 23:24:04 UTC, Dan Koren wrote:
>
> > Case closed.
>
> In your mind maybe. But that's because it's a closed mind.
>
> London, UK. Where free speech is still possible.

Selectively -- with a strong pro Arab/Muslim/Palestinian bias.

Please tell everybody what happened to Hatun Tash when
she tried to exercise her right to free speech in London.

You are delusional and completely disconnected from
reality.

Re: back to square one

<98-cnR_Z9YTN8s34nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62187&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62187

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 01:23:12 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankdberger@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
 by: Frank Berger - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 06:23 UTC

On 11/11/2023 9:02 PM, raymond....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 10:24:04 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 2:37:24 PM UTC-8, Herman wrote:
>>> It did not take long...
>> Sticking your head in the sand as always.
>>> the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music
>> Are you referring to yourself, Mandryka, Andy and Gerard? Can you even
>> count to 4? FWIW I have posted far more useful information about music
>> and recordings on this ng over the past 30+ years than you and your ilk
>> will ever be able.
>>> are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible
>>> proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen
>>> to live in London. We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.
>>
>> Can you quote chapter and verse? As usual you are taking things out of
>> context, projecting, reading between lines, and ignoring what I actually
>> wrote.
>
> One doesn't have to read between lines, because the drivel written by the few here is self evident.
>
>> There is little doubt the UK and its "academic" institutions are leading
>> the defamation campaign against Jews and Israel in Western Europe.
>
> More utter rubbish. Why are people throughout many cities worldwide being condemned by some for protesting the systematic killing of 11000 people, 4500 who are kids, under the false narrative that they are Pro-Palestinian? And yet you choose to believe otherwise. You are no better than your Nazi mate Marc and his ilk that bore him.
> Interesting also that to note in another post that while condemning Oxbridge you choose to believe that good ole Etonian and Oxbridge "scholar" Murray. What a deceived fool you are. In short you demonstrate no worth because you choose to believe what you want believe.

How are we to understand your usage of the word "systematic?" Wasn't "killing" enough?. Does systematic imply indiscriminate killing or maybe even genocide? On second thought, I thing "systematic" is correct, but not in any sense you intended. The "system" is to attack Hamas and its facilities while trying to minimize innocent casualties. The number of deaths you claim may be correct, but since their source is Hamas, why on earth would any thinking person take them at face value? Remember the 500 dead when Hamas said Israel bombed a hospital (of course, there weren't nearly 500 dead and Israel didn't even do it). No one has said that deaths in Gaza are because they are pro-Palestinian. Israel is not fighting Palestinians. It is trying eradicate Hamas and Islamic Jihad, or at least their rule in Gaza. This cannot be done without deaths of Gazans who are not card-carrying terrorists. If I asked you what percentage of Gazans support Hamas, or what percent support specifically what Hamas did on Oct. 7, what would you answer? Is the mother who raised her son to hate Jews an innocent civilian? Are a terrorist's uncles, aunts and cousins who cdelebrate his killing Jews innocent civilians? How about the Palestinians who give out candy whenever a terrorist kills Jews. All innocent civilians?
If I see that proportionality argument one more time I will throw up. The rule of war the concerns proportionality does not say that if an enemy kills 1000 of your people then you are entitled to kill around 1000 of theirs. It says that you should not use force more than necessary achieve your objective. The objective is to destroy Hamas. That can not be done without "civilian" casualties. Every bomb or missile that Israel has used in Gaza targeted a known Hamas stronghold, facility, tunnel, etc. The war crime is Hamas operating from within civilian areas. Their main headquarters are under a hospital for God's sake. When this is the case their enemy is allowed to strike them where they are.

Re: back to square one

<c6fd297c-889e-44fc-849f-a3da8da0e77fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62190&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62190

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 23:48:22 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:48 UTC

On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 17:36:20 UTC+11, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 11/11/2023 9:02 PM, raymond....gmail.com wrote:
> >> Sticking your head in the sand as always.
> >> Are you referring to yourself, Mandryka, Andy and Gerard? Can you even
> >> count to 4? FWIW I have posted far more useful information about music
> >> and recordings on this ng over the past 30+ years than you and your ilk
> >> will ever be able.
> >>
> >> Can you quote chapter and verse? As usual you are taking things out of
> >> context, projecting, reading between lines, and ignoring what I actually
> >> wrote.
> >
> > One doesn't have to read between lines, because the drivel written by the few here is self evident.
> >
> >> There is little doubt the UK and its "academic" institutions are leading
> >> the defamation campaign against Jews and Israel in Western Europe.
> >
> > More utter rubbish. Why are people throughout many cities worldwide being condemned by some for protesting the systematic killing of 11000 people, 4500 who are kids, under the false narrative that they are Pro-Palestinian? And yet you choose to believe otherwise. You are no better than your Nazi mate Marc and his ilk that bore him.
> > Interesting also that to note in another post that while condemning Oxbridge you choose to believe that good ole Etonian and Oxbridge "scholar" Murray. What a deceived fool you are. In short you demonstrate no worth because you choose to believe what you want believe.

Rd
> How are we to understand your usage of the word "systematic?"

Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people worldwide, except for those who want to muddy the argument with red herrings, which we all know you do.

Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<fcfa8256-60dd-4e38-9052-4bb9cb73a978n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62191&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62191

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 00:16:04 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 08:16 UTC

On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 11:48:25 PM UTC-8, raymond....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 17:36:20 UTC+11, Frank Berger wrote:

> > > One doesn't have to read between lines, because the drivel written by
> > > the few here is self evident.

> > > More utter rubbish. Why are people throughout many cities worldwide
> > > being condemned by some for protesting the systematic killing of 11000
> > > people, 4500 who are kids, under the false narrative that they are Pro-
> > > Palestinian? And yet you choose to believe otherwise. You are no better
> > > than your Nazi mate Marc and his ilk that bore him. Interesting also that
> > > to note in another post that while condemning Oxbridge you choose to
> > > believe that good ole Etonian and Oxbridge "scholar" Murray. What a
> > > deceived fool you are. In short you demonstrate no worth because
> > > you choose to believe what you want believe.
> > >
> Rd
> > How are we to understand your usage of the word "systematic?"
>
> Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people
> worldwide, except for those who want to muddy the argument with red
> herrings, which we all know you do.

https://youtu.be/w3NX4VnNuV8

Re: back to square one

<8589b442-ac00-498b-aad6-2512c58356ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62196&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62196

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 01:12:26 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 09:12 UTC

On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 19:16:07 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:
> On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 11:48:25 PM UTC-8, raymond....gmail.com wrote:

> > Rd
> > > How are we to understand your usage of the word "systematic?"
> >
> > Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people
> > worldwide, except for those who want to muddy the argument with red
> > herrings, which we all know you do.
> https://youtu.be/w3NX4VnNuV8
There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any aspects, teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast majority of those who belong only really care about the community and fellowship that is offered by membership. To quote bibles, qurans or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger that can persuade those who cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts of biblical type teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is better equiped to give advice.

Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<8eadcc5e-d0cc-420b-b263-fd8847b5e296n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62200&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62200

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 01:34:57 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 09:34 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:12:30 AM UTC-8, raymond....@gmail..com wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 19:16:07 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:

> > > Rd
> > >
> > > Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people
> > > worldwide, except for those who want to muddy the argument with red
> > > herrings, which we all know you do.
> >
> > https://youtu.be/w3NX4VnNuV8
>
> There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any aspects,
> teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast majority of those
> who belong only really care about the community and fellowship that is offered
> by membership. To quote bibles, qurans or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger
> that can persuade those who cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts
> of biblical type teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is
> better equiped to give advice.

Your dog does not belong to any religion ?!? How strange .....

Re: back to square one

<Gq6dnYjRK53H0cz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62223&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62223

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:06:18 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankdberger@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
 by: Frank Berger - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:06 UTC

On 11/12/2023 2:48 AM, raymond....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 17:36:20 UTC+11, Frank Berger wrote:

>>> One doesn't have to read between lines, because the drivel written by the few here is self evident.

>>> More utter rubbish. Why are people throughout many cities worldwide being condemned by some for protesting the systematic killing of 11000 people, 4500 who are kids, under the false narrative that they are Pro-Palestinian? And yet you choose to believe otherwise. You are no better than your Nazi mate Marc and his ilk that bore him.
>>> Interesting also that to note in another post that while condemning Oxbridge you choose to believe that good ole Etonian and Oxbridge "scholar" Murray. What a deceived fool you are. In short you demonstrate no worth because you choose to believe what you want believe.
>>>
> Rd
>> How are we to understand your usage of the word "systematic?"
>
> Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people worldwide,

Except that it's quite common for people to uses words in different ways.

except for those who want to muddy the argument with red herrings,

Refusing to answer is just evasion.

which we all know you do.

By which to mean you and a few others.

> Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<c56ea0c3-e7bf-4fa1-b220-69660bb6b724n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62224&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62224

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 14:16:31 -0800 (PST)
From: andrewclarke437@gmail.com (Andrew Clarke)
 by: Andrew Clarke - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:16 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 9:37:24 AM UTC+11, Herman wrote:
> It did not take long...
> the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen to live in t London.
> We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.

I might add that 'The Australian' newspaper plus 'The Spectator' and the 'Daily Telegraph' in London are very much pro-Israel, and all three are sympathetic to the fears of Australia's and Britain's Jewish communities. In fact many of the readers' comments are extraordinarily belligerent when it comes to Hamas.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra

Re: back to square one

<40dd7b06-5a0c-4730-bfad-a0491adb738an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62225&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62225

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 14:16:54 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:16 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:12:30 AM UTC-8, raymond....@gmail..com wrote:

> There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any
> aspects, teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast
> majority of those who belong only really care about the community
> and fellowship that is offered by membership. To quote bibles, qurans
> or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger that can persuade those who
> cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts of biblical type
> teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is
> better equiped to give advice.

Or in other words, no discussion is possible about religion(s)
according to you? As we all know, the number of people who
are capable of thinking for themselves from first principles
and without prior input is between 0 and 1.

I should also point out that my cats are far better qualified to
give advice than is your dog! ;-)

Cheers

Re: back to square one

<Gq6dnYvRK51Hzcz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62226&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62226

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:25:30 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankdberger@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
 by: Frank Berger - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:25 UTC

On 11/12/2023 4:12 AM, raymond....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 19:16:07 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:

>>> Rd
>>>
>>> Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people
>>> worldwide, except for those who want to muddy the argument with red
>>> herrings, which we all know you do.
>> https://youtu.be/w3NX4VnNuV8
>
> There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any aspects, teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast majority of those who belong only really care about the community and fellowship that is offered by membership. To quote bibles, qurans or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger that can persuade those who cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts of biblical type teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is better equiped to give advice.
>
> Ray Hall, Taree

Gee, why does this remind of me of left-wing indoctrination in our schools?

Not sure what asking what is meant by "systematic" has to do with religion.

Re: back to square one

<135fbf3c-abf8-4e79-a478-927baa8f0225n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62228&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62228

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 14:29:10 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:29 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 2:25:44 PM UTC-8, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 11/12/2023 4:12 AM, raymond....@gmail.com wrote:

> >> https://youtu.be/w3NX4VnNuV8
> >
> > There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any aspects,
> > teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast majority of those
> > who belong only really care about the community and fellowship that is offered
> > by membership. To quote bibles, qurans or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger
> > that can persuade those who cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts
> > of biblical type teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is
> > better equiped to give advice.
>
> Gee, why does this remind of me of left-wing indoctrination in our schools?
>
> Not sure what asking what is meant by "systematic" has to do with religion.

Frank, you missed the point entirely. Ray's purpose was not the discussion of
any matters of consequence. It was merely to promote the consulting service
provided by his dog ;-)

dk

Re: back to square one

<Gq6dnYrRK52Zycz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62229&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62229

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:38:59 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankdberger@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
 by: Frank Berger - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:38 UTC

On 11/12/2023 5:16 PM, Andrew Clarke wrote:
> On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 9:37:24 AM UTC+11, Herman wrote:
>> It did not take long...
>> the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen to live in t London.
>> We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.
>
> I might add that 'The Australian' newspaper plus 'The Spectator' and the 'Daily Telegraph' in London are very much pro-Israel, and all three are sympathetic to the fears of Australia's and Britain's Jewish communities. In fact many of the readers' comments are extraordinarily belligerent when it comes to Hamas.
>
> Andrew Clarke
> Canberra
All true. Yet thousands are demonstrating in the streets. And not nearly all just for a humanitarian cease-fire. There is an increase in purely antisemitic incidents such as fire bombings of synagogues, swastikas painted on Jewish homes and even physical violence against Jews. Personally I'm not so surprised at this, as I knew there is a lot of antisemitism in the world. Such incidents always increase whenever Israel is prominent in the news. I think that most of the anti-Israel demonstrators, especially in Europe, are Arabs/Muslims. Perhaps mostly Palestinian. I understand that. They have skin in the game. Rights aside, they want the land, including the land that is Israel ("From the river to the sea"). Almost all of the rest are dupes. They don't even know what they are demonstrating for. One young man carrying a pro-Hamas sign, when told what Hamas stands for and what did on Oct 7, was horrified and said he didn't support that. These morons will not go on to be world leaders; perhaps they will after they learn to think, if that is possible.

Re: back to square one

<Gq6dnYXRK52uycz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62230&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62230

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:39:47 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
References: <da4bdb5a-fd2d-4873-9688-9e113bd6656cn@googlegroups.com> <eba1e520-5e35-4e2a-9d38-9cc645a51e5cn@googlegroups.com> <bef38b30-a97a-4192-ab52-f06d18def8d1n@googlegroups.com> <98-cnR_Z9YTN8s34nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@supernews.com> <c6fd297c-889e-44fc-849f-a3da8da0e77fn@googlegroups.com> <fcfa8256-60dd-4e38-9052-4bb9cb73a978n@googlegroups.com> <8589b442-ac00-498b-aad6-2512c58356ecn@googlegroups.com> <Gq6dnYvRK51Hzcz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <135fbf3c-abf8-4e79-a478-927baa8f0225n@googlegroups.com>
From: frankdberger@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
 by: Frank Berger - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:39 UTC

I see.

Re: back to square one

<bb3390a3-7ab6-48e6-8e70-84885ee51c48n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62231&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62231

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 15:04:46 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:04 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 2:40:01 PM UTC-8, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 11/12/2023 5:29 PM, Dan Koren wrote:

> >> Gee, why does this remind of me of left-wing indoctrination in our schools?
> >>
> >> Not sure what asking what is meant by "systematic" has to do with religion.
> >
> > Frank, you missed the point entirely. Ray's purpose was not the discussion of
> > any matters of consequence. It was merely to promote the consulting service
> > provided by his dog ;-)
>
> I see.

It is the only possible reading of what Ray wrote that makes any sense.

dk

Re: back to square one

<-rOdnbfPxaYt9Mz4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62234&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62234

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:11:27 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
References: <da4bdb5a-fd2d-4873-9688-9e113bd6656cn@googlegroups.com> <eba1e520-5e35-4e2a-9d38-9cc645a51e5cn@googlegroups.com> <bef38b30-a97a-4192-ab52-f06d18def8d1n@googlegroups.com> <98-cnR_Z9YTN8s34nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@supernews.com> <c6fd297c-889e-44fc-849f-a3da8da0e77fn@googlegroups.com> <fcfa8256-60dd-4e38-9052-4bb9cb73a978n@googlegroups.com> <8589b442-ac00-498b-aad6-2512c58356ecn@googlegroups.com> <Gq6dnYvRK51Hzcz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <135fbf3c-abf8-4e79-a478-927baa8f0225n@googlegroups.com> <Gq6dnYXRK52uycz4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <bb3390a3-7ab6-48e6-8e70-84885ee51c48n@googlegroups.com>
From: frankdberger@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
 by: Frank Berger - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:11 UTC

On 11/12/2023 6:04 PM, Dan Koren wrote:
> On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 2:40:01 PM UTC-8, Frank Berger wrote:

>>> Frank, you missed the point entirely. Ray's purpose was not the discussion of
>>> any matters of consequence. It was merely to promote the consulting service
>>> provided by his dog ;-)
>>
>> I see.
>
> It is the only possible reading of what Ray wrote that makes any sense.
>
> dk

I was thinking about that. Some people who think religion is bunk have nothing but contempt for those who follow a religion (any religion). Others don't get upset that there are people who believe stuff that they don't. Ray recognizes that religion can provide community and fellowship (presumably good things if not taken too far). We know he's not religious and so is concerned that people who cannot think for themselves are at risk to fall prey to religions charlatans. Of course they are equally at risk to fall prey to anyother kind of bunkum, like progressivism, or even antisemitism. I guess Ray things duped antisemites are better than duped believers in God.

Re: back to square one

<7bd6bf2f-b6d2-4702-8135-cbaff29005e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62235&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62235

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 16:57:57 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:57 UTC

On Monday, 13 November 2023 at 09:06C+11, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 11/12/2023 2:48 AM, raymond....gmail.com wrote:

> > Rd
> >> How are we to understand your usage of the word "systematic?"
> >
> > Go to language classes, as the word is well understood by most people worldwide,
> Except that it's quite common for people to uses words in different ways.
> except for those who want to muddy the argument with red herrings,
> Refusing to answer is just evasion.

There wss no question to answer, but as you are the proven master of obfuscation, and blind blinkered subjectivity, you're a complete waste of time replying to.

As always, enjoy the last word. Having the ,last word is for you an achievement.

Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<4bc9ffc4-2a58-4c6c-899a-c2c24613528fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62237&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62237

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:36:47 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:36 UTC

On Monday, 13 November 2023 at 09:39:15 UTC+11, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 11/12/2023 5:16 PM, Andrew Clarke wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 9:37:24 AM UTC+11, Herman wrote:
> >> It did not take long...
> >> the two resident trolls who show little or no interest in classical music are out again campaigning about antisemitism, talking about "irrefutible proof" of RMCR members being anti-semites, just because they happen to live in t London.
> >> We've had these hysterics before. It's completely useless.
> >
> > I might add that 'The Australian' newspaper plus 'The Spectator' and the 'Daily Telegraph' in London are very much pro-Israel, and all three are sympathetic to the fears of Australia's and Britain's Jewish communities. In fact many of the readers' comments are extraordinarily belligerent when it comes to Hamas.
> >
> > Andrew Clarke
> > Canberra
> All true. Yet thousands are demonstrating in the streets. And not nearly all just for a humanitarian cease-fire. There is an increase in purely antisemitic incidents such as fire bombings of synagogues, swastikas painted on Jewish homes and even physical violence against Jews. Personally I'm not so surprised at this, as I knew there is a lot of antisemitism in the world. Such incidents always increase whenever Israel is prominent in the news. I think that most of the anti-Israel demonstrators, especially in Europe, are Arabs/Muslims. Perhaps mostly Palestinian. I understand that. They have skin in the game. Rights aside, they want the land, including the land that is Israel ("From the river to the sea"). Almost all of the rest are dupes. They don't even know what they are demonstrating for. One young man carrying a pro-Hamas sign, when told what Hamas stands for and what did on Oct 7, was horrified and said he didn't support that. These morons will not go on to be world leaders; perhaps they will after they learn to think, if that is possible.

Like all religions, you even surpass them in illogical and gross misrepresentation. Maybe but highly unlikely, it is simply not even possible for you to consider that these demonstrations are NOT pro-Palestinian, neither pro-Hamas. Maybe you are too stupid and too gullible, but the reality is you probably especially regard genocide as ok when practised by others, but not when practised by thug bibi's Israel. The SLAUGHTER is what the demos are about, and no amount of obfuscation and delusion will take away that fact. You can write a zillion sentences nd it will not remove the facts. It is because many world politicians and their grubby rw nutjob newspapers influence people like you that the growth of rabid groups like Hamas, will only have cause to flourish in the future.

Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<67b5648e-805f-4a5a-9ec9-110ce7456350n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62239&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62239

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 17:43:23 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:43 UTC

On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 20:35:00 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:
> On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:12:30 AM UTC-8, raymond....gmail.com wrote:

> > > https://youtu.be/w3NX4VnNuV8
> >
> > There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any aspects,
> > teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast majority of those
> > who belong only really care about the community and fellowship that is offered
> > by membership. To quote bibles, qurans or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger
> > that can persuade those who cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts
> > of biblical type teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is
> > better equiped to give advice.
> Your dog does not belong to any religion ?!? How strange .....

My dog belongs to a spiritual world far removed from any religion, and even cats are allowed there.

Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<496d296d-61ae-45b7-8d76-a9aa19756589n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62241&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62241

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:26:18 -0800 (PST)
From: dan.koren@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 03:26 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 5:43:26 PM UTC-8, raymond....@gmail..com wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 November 2023 at 20:35:00 UTC+11, Dan Koren wrote:

> > > There is no way any real debate can take place if one involves any aspects,
> > > teachings, or axioms, as defined by ANY religion. The vast majority of those
> > > who belong only really care about the community and fellowship that is offered
> > > by membership. To quote bibles, qurans or Hebrew scriptures involves a danger
> > > that can persuade those who cannot think for themselves, because whole tracts
> > > of biblical type teachings amount to bunkum in the present day world. My dog is
> > > better equipped to give advice.
> >
> > Your dog does not belong to any religion ?!? How strange .....
>
> My dog belongs to a spiritual world far removed
> from any religion, and even cats are allowed there.

Please provide a video clip of your dog engaging in
a spiritual conversation with a cat.

Cheers!

Re: back to square one

<7e2829ba-95a1-4a70-8f84-3c9bd4bd23a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62247&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62247

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:15:41 -0800 (PST)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:15 UTC

raymond....@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 13. November 2023 um 02:36:50 UTC+1:
> On Monday, 13 November 2023 at 09:39:15 UTC+11, Frank Berger wrote:
> > >
> > > I might add that 'The Australian' newspaper plus 'The Spectator' and the 'Daily Telegraph' in London are very much pro-Israel, and all three are sympathetic to the fears of Australia's and Britain's Jewish communities. In fact many of the readers' comments are extraordinarily belligerent when it comes to Hamas.
> > >
> > > Andrew Clarke
> > > Canberra
> > All true. Yet thousands are demonstrating in the streets. And not nearly all just for a humanitarian cease-fire. There is an increase in purely antisemitic incidents such as fire bombings of synagogues, swastikas painted on Jewish homes and even physical violence against Jews. Personally I'm not so surprised at this, as I knew there is a lot of antisemitism in the world. Such incidents always increase whenever Israel is prominent in the news. I think that most of the anti-Israel demonstrators, especially in Europe, are Arabs/Muslims. Perhaps mostly Palestinian. I understand that. They have skin in the game. Rights aside, they want the land, including the land that is Israel ("From the river to the sea"). Almost all of the rest are dupes.. They don't even know what they are demonstrating for. One young man carrying a pro-Hamas sign, when told what Hamas stands for and what did on Oct 7, was horrified and said he didn't support that. These morons will not go on to be world leaders; perhaps they will after they learn to think, if that is possible.
> Like all religions, you even surpass them in illogical and gross misrepresentation. Maybe but highly unlikely, it is simply not even possible for you to consider that these demonstrations are NOT pro-Palestinian, neither pro-Hamas. Maybe you are too stupid and too gullible, but the reality is you probably especially regard genocide as ok when practised by others, but not when practised by thug bibi's Israel. The SLAUGHTER is what the demos are about, and no amount of obfuscation and delusion will take away that fact. You can write a zillion sentences nd it will not remove the facts. It is because many world politicians and their grubby rw nutjob newspapers influence people like you that the growth of rabid groups like Hamas, will only have cause to flourish in the future.

Do you ever think before you write? What a deluded mess lol.

‘Reprehensible’ anti-Israel protesters chant ‘Gas the Jews’ outside Sydney Opera House: video

https://nypost.com/2023/10/10/reprehensible-protestors-chant-gas-the-jews-outside-sydney-opera-house/

That there are no anti-Hamas demonstrations organized by muslims in Australia and elsewhere should be quite telling.

These are the facts. Another fact is: Your mindset is very antisemitic. And another is that you are too deluded to realize this.

> Ray Hall, Taree

Re: back to square one

<b7bcbd09-626f-417e-a3fc-c1fda97efe18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62250&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62250

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 01:41:49 -0800 (PST)
From: raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com (raymond....@gmail.com)
 by: raymond....@gmail.co - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:41 UTC

On Monday, 13 November 2023 at 19:15:44 UTC+11, Marc S wrote:
> raymond....gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 13. November 2023 um 02:36:50 UTC+1:

> > > All true. Yet thousands are demonstrating in the streets. And not nearly all just for a humanitarian cease-fire. There is an increase in purely antisemitic incidents such as fire bombings of synagogues, swastikas painted on Jewish homes and even physical violence against Jews. Personally I'm not so surprised at this, as I knew there is a lot of antisemitism in the world. Such incidents always increase whenever Israel is prominent in the news. I think that most of the anti-Israel demonstrators, especially in Europe, are Arabs/Muslims. Perhaps mostly Palestinian. I understand that. They have skin in the game. Rights aside, they want the land, including the land that is Israel ("From the river to the sea"). Almost all of the rest are dupes. They don't even know what they are demonstrating for. One young man carrying a pro-Hamas sign, when told what Hamas stands for and what did on Oct 7, was horrified and said he didn't support that. These morons will not go on to be world leaders; perhaps they will after they learn to think, if that is possible.
> > Like all religions, you even surpass them in illogical and gross misrepresentation. Maybe but highly unlikely, it is simply not even possible for you to consider that these demonstrations are NOT pro-Palestinian, neither pro-Hamas. Maybe you are too stupid and too gullible, but the reality is you probably especially regard genocide as ok when practised by others, but not when practised by thug bibi's Israel. The SLAUGHTER is what the demos are about, and no amount of obfuscation and delusion will take away that fact.. You can write a zillion sentences nd it will not remove the facts. It is because many world politicians and their grubby rw nutjob newspapers influence people like you that the growth of rabid groups like Hamas, will only have cause to flourish in the future.
> Do you ever think before you write? What a deluded mess lol.

Knowing you from your posts, anything that offends your braincell, will always appear as a mess.
> ‘Reprehensible’ anti-Israel protesters chant ‘Gas the Jews’ outside Sydney Opera House: video
>
> https://nypost.com/2023/10/10/reprehensible-protestors-chant-gas-the-jews-outside-sydney-opera-house/
>
> That there are no anti-Hamas demonstrations organized by muslims in Australia and elsewhere should be quite telling.

Especially as it isn't Hamas that is killing 1000s of Palestinians. Even someone like should have worked this out, but you failed on this too.
> These are the facts. Another fact is: Your mindset is very antisemitic. And another is that you are too deluded to realize this.

It is you that is the antisemite and are too stupid to realise it. But as this epithet has obviously no weight or currency anymore, especially coming from this NG, you can rest easy, and provide us with more laughs about your continuing choice of chimposers. Chimps for chimps but hey even LvB was ok for his time.

Ray Hall, Taree

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / back to square one