   | +* Re: OT: Sod's Lawalan_m
   | |`* Re: OT: Sod's LawTim Streater
   | | `* Re: OT: Sod's Lawalan_m
   | |  `- Re: OT: Sod's LawTim Streater
   | `* Re: OT: Sod's LawSam Plusnet
   |  `* Re: OT: Sod's LawJNugent
   |   +* Re: OT: Sod's LawSam Plusnet
   |   |+- Re: OT: Sod's LawJNugent
   |   |`- Re: OT: Sod's LawThe Natural Philosopher
   |   `* Re: OT: Sod's LawThe Natural Philosopher
   |    `* Re: OT: Sod's LawTim Lamb
   |     `- Re: OT: Sod's LawThe Natural Philosopher
   +- Re: OT: Sod's LawThe Natural Philosopher
   +* Re: OT: Sod's LawSteveW
   |`- Re: OT: Sod's LawRod Speed
   +- Re: OT: Sod's LawJNugent
   `- Re: OT: Sod's LawDavey

Pages:12
Re: OT: Sod's Law

<utbntd$ottq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=127231&group=uk.d-i-y#127231

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT: Sod's Law
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:03:25 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:03 UTC

On 19/03/2024 09:53, Tim Lamb wrote:
> In message <uta8c4$btrn$4@dont-email.me>, The Natural Philosopher
> <tnp@invalid.invalid> writes

>>>  The consumer chooses...
>>
>> I watch telly on a 14" laptop, in bed.
>>
>> When I watch it at all...which is increasingly rarely. I've seen all
>> the good old repeats, and all the new stuff is woke documentaries or
>> woke 'soshul' drama. Or woke propaganda disguised as news.
>
> An unexpected feature of advanced years is an ability to enjoy
> re-watching/reading films or books already encountered.
>
> Perhaps I'm a boring old fart after all.
>>
>> Better stuff on you tube...
>
> Very handy for the *how to* stuff but otherwise I stay away from social
> media.

You tube is a massive repository of old films , TV series and radio
plays and audio books.
And quite up to date thrillers and documentaries.
Plus some pretty good science and maths shit.
Basically its ten thousand channels of TV and in the end there is always
*something* worth watching or listening too.

I watched a 1970 film featuring an incredibly young Michael Caine in it
last night.

"Too late, the Hero".

Quite good.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? … Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump