From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: Brexit dividend: Civil service has ballooned by 100,
000 since Brexit!
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:27:33 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:27 UTC

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 12:40:31 +0000, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Am 21/03/2024 um 10:58 schrieb Joe:
>> On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 09:36:16 +0000
>> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> And the reason was not to escape HM Prisons.

>>> What you lack in educated speech, you make up with prison slang.
>>>
>>> Congratulations, you are a true Australian!
>>>

>> Had you realised that a few years ago, an Australian made an English
>> translation of the Divine Comedy?
>>

>Not a true Australian, then. True Australians couldn't tell Christian
>Europeans from the "religion of peace" ones.
>
>But, what do I hear you say, neither gammons do! Bingo!

Auschwitz: Myth and facts
By Mark Weber

Nearly everyone has heard of Auschwitz, the German wartime
concentration camp where many prisoners -- most of them Jewish --
were reportedly exterminated, especially in gas chambers. Auschwitz
is widely regarded as the most terrible Nazi extermination center.
The camp's horrific reputation cannot, however, be reconciled with
the facts.

Scholars challenge Holocaust story

Astonishing as it may seem, more and more historians and engineers
have been challenging the widely accepted Auschwitz story.
These "revisionist" scholars do not dispute the fact that large
numbers of Jews were deported to the camp, or that many died there,
particularly of typhus and other diseases. But the compelling
evidence they present shows that Auschwitz was not an extermination
center and that the story of mass killings in "gas chambers" is a
myth.

The Auschwitz camps

The Auschwitz camp complex was set up in 1940 in what is now south-
central Poland. Large numbers of Jews were deported there between
1942 and mid-1944.

The main camp was known as Auschwitz I. Birkenau, or Auschwitz II,
was supposedly the main extermination center, and Monowitz, or
Auschwitz III, was a large industrial center where gasoline was
produced from coal. In addition there were dozens of smaller
satellite camps devoted to the war economy.

Four million victims?

At the postwar Nuremberg Tribunal, the Allies charged that the
Germans exterminated four million people at Auschwitz. This figure,
which was invented by the Soviets, was uncritically accepted for
many years. It often appeared in major American newspapers and
magazines, for example. (note 1)

Today no reputable historian, not even those who generally accept
the extermination story, believes this figure. Israeli Holocaust
historian Yehuda Bauer said in 1989 that it is time to finally
acknowledge the familiar four million figure is a deliberate myth.
In July 1990 the Auschwitz State Museum in Poland, along with
Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust Center, suddenly announced that
altogether perhaps one million people (both Jews and non-Jews) died
there. Neither institution would say how many of these people were
killed, nor were any estimates given of the numbers of those
supposedly gassed. (note 2) One prominent Holocaust historian,
Gerald Reitlinger, has estimated that perhaps 700,000 or so Jews
perished at Auschwitz. More recently, Holocaust historian Jean-
Claude Pressac has estimated that about 800,000 persons -- of whom
630,000 were Jewish -- perished at Auschwitz. While even such lower
figures are incorrect, they show how the Auschwitz story has changed
drastically over the years. (note 3)

Bizarre tales
At one time it was seriously claimed that Jews were systematically
electrocuted at Auschwitz. American newspapers, citing a Soviet
eyewitness report from liberated Auschwitz, told readers in February
1945 that the methodical Germans had killed Jews there using
an "electric conveyor belt on which hundreds of persons could be
electrocuted simultaneously [and] then moved on into furnaces. They
were burned almost instantly, producing fertilizer for nearby
cabbage fields." (note 4)

And at the Nuremberg Tribunal, chief U.S. prosecutor Robert Jackson
charged that the Germans used a "newly invented" device to
instantaneously "vaporize" 20,000 Jews near Auschwitz "in such a way
that there was no trace left of them." (note 5) No reputable
historian now accepts either of these fanciful tales.

The Höss 'confession'
A key Holocaust document is the "confession" of former Auschwitz
commandant Rudolf Höss of April 5, 1946, which was submitted by the
U.S. prosecution at the main Nuremberg trial. (note 6)

Although it is still widely cited as solid proof for the Auschwitz
extermination story, it is actually a false statement that was
obtained by torture.

Many years after the war, British military intelligence sergeant
Bernard Clarke described how he and five other British soldiers
tortured the former commandant to obtain his "confession." Höss
himself privately explained his ordeal in these words: "Certainly, I
signed a statement that I killed two and half million Jews. I could
just as well have said that it was five million Jews. There are
certain methods by which any confession can be obtained, whether it
is true or not." (note 7)

Even historians who generally accept the Holocaust extermination
story now acknowledge that many of the specific statements made in
the Höss "affidavit" are simply not true. For one thing, no serious
scholar now claims that anything like two and a half or three
million people perished in Auschwitz.

The Höss "affidavit" further alleges that Jews were already being
exterminated by gas in the summer of 1941 at three other camps:
Belzec, Treblinka and Wolzek. The "Wolzek" camp mentioned by Höss is
a total invention. No such camp existed, and the name is no longer
mentioned in Holocaust literature. Moreover, the story these days by
those who believe in the Holocaust legend is that gassings of Jews
did not begin at Auschwitz, Treblinka, or Belzec until sometime in
1942.

No documentary evidence

Many thousands of secret German documents dealing with Auschwitz
were confiscated after the war by the Allies. Not a single one
refers to a policy or program of extermination. In fact, the
extermination story cannot be reconciled with the documentary
evidence.

Many Jewish inmates unable to work

For example, it is often claimed that all Jews at Auschwitz who were
unable to work were immediately killed. Jews who were too old,
young, sick, or weak were supposedly gassed on arrival, and only
those who could be worked to death were temporarily kept alive.

But the evidence shows that, in fact, a very high percentage of the
Jewish inmates were not able to work, and were nevertheless not
killed. For example, an internal German telex message dated Sept. 4,
1943, from the chief of the Labor Allocation department of the SS
Economic and Administrative Main Office (WVHA), reported that of
25,000 Jewish inmates in Auschwitz, only 3,581 were able to work,
and that all of the remaining Jewish inmates -- some 21,500, or
about 86 percent -- were unable to work. (note 8)

This is also confirmed in a secret report dated April 5, 1944,
on "security measures in Auschwitz" by Oswald Pohl, head of the SS
concentration camp system, to SS chief Heinrich Himmler. Pohl
reported that there was a total of 67,000 inmates in the entire
Auschwitz camp complex, of whom 18,000 were hospitalized or
disabled. In the Auschwitz II camp (Birkenau), supposedly the main
extermination center, there were 36,000 inmates, mostly female, of
whom "approximately 15,000 are unable to work." (note 9)

These two documents simply cannot be reconciled with the Auschwitz
extermination story.

The evidence shows that Auschwitz-Birkenau was established primarily
as a camp for Jews who were not able to work, including the sick and
elderly, as well as for those who were temporarily awaiting
assignment to other camps. That's the considered view of Dr. Arthur
Butz of Northwestern University, who also says that this was the
reason for the unusually high death rate there. (note 10)

Princeton University history professor Arno Mayer, who is Jewish,
acknowledges in a recent book about the "final solution" that more
Jews perished at Auschwitz as a result of typhus and other "natural"
causes than were executed. (note 11)

Anne Frank

Perhaps the best known Auschwitz inmate was Anne Frank, who is known
around the world for her famous diary. But few people know that
thousands of Jews, including Anne and her father, Otto
Frank, "survived" Auschwitz.

The 15-year-old girl and her father were deported from the
Netherlands to Auschwitz in September 1944. Several weeks later, in
the face of the advancing Soviet army, Anne was evacuated along with
many other Jews to the Bergen-Belsen camp, where she died of typhus
in March 1945.

Click here to read the complete article