On the eighth day, God created FORTRAN.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Boiling water taps

SubjectAuthor
* Boiling water tapsTim+
+* Re: Boiling water tapsJeff Gaines
|+* Re: Boiling water tapsTim+
||`- Re: Boiling water tapsJohn Rumm
|`- Re: Boiling water tapswasbit
+* Re: Boiling water tapsTim Lamb
|+- Re: Boiling water tapsTim+
|`* Re: Boiling water tapsRJH
| `* Re: Boiling water tapsTim Lamb
|  `* Re: Boiling water tapsRJH
|   `* Re: Boiling water tapsTim+
|    `* Re: Boiling water tapsRoger Mills
|     +* Re: Boiling water tapsRJH
|     |`* Re: Boiling water tapsRoger Mills
|     | `- Re: Boiling water tapsTim+
|     +- Re: Boiling water tapsTim+
|     `* Re: Boiling water tapscharles
|      +* Re: Boiling water tapsColin Bignell
|      |+* Re: Boiling water tapscharles
|      ||`* Re: Boiling water tapsColin Bignell
|      || `* Re: Boiling water tapsThe Natural Philosopher
|      ||  `* Re: Boiling water tapsColin Bignell
|      ||   `- Re: Boiling water tapsSteveW
|      |`- Re: Boiling water tapsTim Lamb
|      `- Re: Boiling water tapsRoger Mills
`* Re: Boiling water tapsColin Bignell
 `* Re: Boiling water tapsFredxx
  `- Re: Boiling water tapsRJH

Pages:12
Re: Boiling water taps

<1794928024.735165154.667712.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129095&group=uk.d-i-y#129095

From: timdownieuk@yahoo.co.youkay (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Boiling water taps
Date: 18 Apr 2024 20:36:16 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:36 UTC

Roger Mills <mills37.fslife@gmail.com> wrote:
> If set at a higher
> temperature, there's no safe way of blending it with cold.

From what I can see of it on the website, there’s nothing stopping you from
turning on the boiling water tap and the cold tap at the same time.

Now because lack of mixing this might not qualify as “safe for imbeciles”
but I imagine that with care it’s possible. I’ll let you know when I have
it fitted. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Boiling water taps

<rsWdnWuQ5uRvGr_7nZ2dnZeNn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129124&group=uk.d-i-y#129124

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:04:53 +0100
From: cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
 by: Colin Bignell - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:04 UTC

> On 18/04/2024 11:34, Colin Bignell wrote:
>> On 18/04/2024 10:08, charles wrote:
>>> In article <-9qcnX3msaF6Tb37nZ2dnZeNn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>, Colin
>>> Bignell

>>> You shouldn't fit a water softener in the drinking water supply.
>>>

>> Only if you are on a low sodium diet or the water is exceptionally
>> hard. Otherwise, softened water is perfectly safe to drink.
>>

> It tastes a bit weird. All that sodium carbonate...

All soft water tastes a bit weird to me, but I grew up in London, where
lead pipes were safe because the water was hard enough to coat the
insides of them.

--
Colin Bignell

Re: Boiling water taps

<uvu32e$32lq2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129125&group=uk.d-i-y#129125

From: steve@walker-family.me.uk (SteveW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:36:44 +0100
<IuuyifLfd7HmFwIH@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> <uvog9s$1k0d6$1@dont-email.me>
<wqk8DBN3C+HmFw$9@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> <uvooie$1lpti$1@dont-email.me>
<1668299238.735072211.550222.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>
<l8b1d2Fs5f6U2@mid.individual.net> <5b53677aadcharles@candehope.me.uk>
<-9qcnX3msaF6Tb37nZ2dnZeNn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>
<5b537039a6charles@candehope.me.uk>
<ysmcnUadwMh2a737nZ2dnZeNn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<uvrun7$2eiot$3@dont-email.me>
<rsWdnWuQ5uRvGr_7nZ2dnZeNn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: SteveW - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:36 UTC

On 19/04/2024 16:04, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 18/04/2024 21:10, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>> Only if you are on a low sodium diet or the water is exceptionally
>>> hard. Otherwise, softened water is perfectly safe to drink.
>>>

>> It tastes a bit weird. All that sodium carbonate...
>

> All soft water tastes a bit weird to me, but I grew up in London, where
> lead pipes were safe because the water was hard enough to coat the
> insides of them.

In soft water areas, the supplier uses phosphate dosing to cause the
pipes to be lined and keep the water isolater from the lead. I designed
some of the control panels that measure the water flow and add the
matching continuous dosing, for United Utilities, back in 2002/2003.