Cahn's Axiom: When all else fails, read the instructions.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova

SubjectAuthor
* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaKate B
+* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaSam Plusnet
|`* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaNick Odell
| +- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaSam Plusnet
| +* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaPenny
| |+* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaNick Odell
| ||`* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaMike McMillan
| || +* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaChris J Dixon
| || `- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJohn Ashby
| |`- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJ. P. Gilliver
| `* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaBrritSki
|  +- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaSerena Blanchflower
|  +- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaChris
|  +- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJ. P. Gilliver
|  `* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaNick Odell
|   `* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaBrritSki
|    +- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaSam Plusnet
|    `- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaNick Odell
+* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJenny M Benson
|`* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJane Vernon
| +* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJenny M Benson
| |`- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJ. P. Gilliver
| +* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJohn Ashby
| |`- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJoe Kerr
| `* Thunderbird 115 SupernovaSerena Blanchflower
|  `- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaJane Vernon
`- Thunderbird 115 SupernovaSerena Blanchflower

Pages:12
Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova

<kp2gh2F9jm0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18234&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18234

From: rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 16:58:27 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 15:58 UTC

On 15/10/2023 16:14, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:41:52 +0100, BrritSki
> <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/10/2023 23:34, Nick Odell wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not certain this will be of use to users of Thunderbird but I have
>>> a copy of Thunderbird Portable
>>
>> Yes please. Reply to address is good.
>>
> Mine is version 45 from about ten years ago but I'd happily stick it
> on a CD and post you a copy if you like. It's designed to be run from
> a memory stick rather than loaded onto the computer.
>
> Current version is 115-something and downloadable from Portable Apps
> <https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable?utm_content=cmp-true>
> if you'd prefer that. As I said, I believe it pre-dates the recent
> drastic changes

Thanks Nick, I'll go with that option.

>> Not sure we will be very portable for a while though - we were away [1]
>> last week and our car as parked in Lutin AIrport carpark 2, Level 3
>> where the fire broke out :(
>> No news yet on whether vehicle is a write off or OK and if so is it
>> recoverable after the collapse ? We suspect a write off.
>>:
> Sanglant Enfer! As they don't say in France.

Putain [du merde] would be the choice I think.

> Whilst it's likely that most car owners were well away from there at
> the time of the blaze (something about the nature of airport car
> parks) it's jolly reassuring to know that you weren't in harm's way.
>
> Hope the insurance business goes through smoothly.

Good so far. We have a hire car. Definitive news expected by Tuesday,
but yesterdays email said :

Regrettably, it is unlikely that any vehicles in the car park will be
recoverable, but this is still in the process of being assessed.

We have provided the Motor Insurer’s Bureau with the registration
details of 1405 vehicles (GDPR compliant), and they have confirmed the
vast majority have now been passed to individual insurers.

Discussions regarding the feasibility of the salvage of vehicles and any
personal belongings is ongoing and we are working with the Association
of British Insurers on behalf of the many insurance companies about
whether it is possible and if so how this activity could be
efficiently implemented.

Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova

<kOVWM.62204$pFl3.39881@fx05.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18235&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18235

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 19:01:52 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 18:01 UTC

On 15-Oct-23 16:58, BrritSki wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 16:14, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:41:52 +0100, BrritSki
>> <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes please. Reply to address is good.
>>>
>> Mine is version 45 from about ten years ago but I'd happily stick it
>> on a CD and post you a copy if you like. It's designed to be run from
>> a memory stick rather than loaded onto the computer.
>>
>> Current version is 115-something and downloadable from Portable Apps
>> <https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable?utm_content=cmp-true>
>> if you'd prefer that. As I said, I believe it pre-dates the recent
>> drastic changes
>
> Thanks Nick, I'll go with that option.
>>

>>> Not sure we will be very portable for a while though - we were away [1]
>>> last week and our car as parked in Lutin AIrport carpark 2, Level 3
>>> where the fire broke out :(
>>> No news yet on whether vehicle is a write off or OK and if so is it
>>> recoverable after the collapse ?  We suspect a write off.
>>> :
>> Sanglant Enfer! As they don't say in France.
>
> Putain [du merde] would be the choice I think.
>>
>> Whilst it's likely that most car owners were well away from there at
>> the time of the blaze (something about the nature of airport car
>> parks) it's jolly reassuring to know that you weren't in harm's way.
>>
>> Hope the insurance business goes through smoothly.
>
> Good so far. We have a hire car. Definitive news expected by Tuesday,
> but yesterdays email said :
>
> Regrettably, it is unlikely that any vehicles in the car park will be
> recoverable, but this is still in the process of being assessed.
>
> We have provided the Motor Insurer’s Bureau with the registration
> details of 1405 vehicles (GDPR compliant), and they have confirmed the
> vast majority have now been passed to individual insurers.
>
> Discussions regarding the feasibility of the salvage of vehicles and any
> personal belongings is ongoing and we are working with the Association
> of British Insurers on behalf of the many insurance companies about
> whether it is possible and if so how this activity could be
> efficiently implemented.

Even those parts of the structure which haven't collapsed will be
suspect, so letting anyone in there to attempt to retrieve belongings is
likely to be a slow business at best.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova

<8b5pii52tfsmgt2n61n3b8pj88g00rgis1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18237&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18237

From: nickodell49@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 02:50:08 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 01:50 UTC

On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 16:58:27 +0100, BrritSki
<rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 15/10/2023 16:14, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:41:52 +0100, BrritSki
>> <rtilburyTAKEOUT@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes please. Reply to address is good.
>>>
>> Mine is version 45 from about ten years ago but I'd happily stick it
>> on a CD and post you a copy if you like. It's designed to be run from
>> a memory stick rather than loaded onto the computer.
>>
>> Current version is 115-something and downloadable from Portable Apps
>> <https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable?utm_content=cmp-true>
>> if you'd prefer that. As I said, I believe it pre-dates the recent
>> drastic changes
>
>Thanks Nick, I'll go with that option.

Ooops! Hold the front page!

The version number for that portable download seems to be 115 like the
one that is causing so much trouble. Version 112 was the one that came
up in my earlier Google search and that's still available from other
sources and that seems to have been updated as recently as August this
year. Other non-115 versions of the portable Thunderbird seem also to
be available.

Nick