Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -- Mike Romanoff

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Any new motorcycles?

SubjectAuthor
* Any new motorcycles?Turby
+- Any new motorcycles?Mark Olson
+* Any new motorcycles?wessie
|+* Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
||`* Any new motorcycles?wessie
|| +* Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
|| |`* Any new motorcycles?wessie
|| | `- Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
|| `* Any new motorcycles?Turby
||  `- Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
|+* Any new motorcycles?Mike Fleming
||+* Any new motorcycles?wessie
|||`* Any new motorcycles?Alan Lee
||| `- Any new motorcycles?wessie
||`* Any new motorcycles?Tim
|| `- Any new motorcycles?Ace
|`* Any new motorcycles?Turby
| `* Any new motorcycles?wessie
|  `- Any new motorcycles?Turby
+- Any new motorcycles?Paul Carmichael
`* Any new motorcycles?Simon Wilson
 +* Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
 |`* Any new motorcycles?Simon Wilson
 | +- Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
 | `* Re: Any new motorcycles?Eddie
 |  `* Re: Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
 |   `* Re: Any new motorcycles?Simon Wilson
 |    `* Re: Any new motorcycles?YTC#1
 |     `- Re: Any new motorcycles?Simon Wilson
 `* Any new motorcycles?Turby
  +* Any new motorcycles?wessie
  |`- Any new motorcycles?Mike Fleming
  +- Any new motorcycles?Andy Burns
  `- Any new motorcycles?geoffC

Pages:12
Any new motorcycles?

<um0ibd$v5a5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19757&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19757

From: xsurf@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Any new motorcycles?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 21:27:09 -0800
 by: Turby - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 05:27 UTC

My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has a
number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
so, why?

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um10gm$113j2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19758&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19758

From: olsonm@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Any new motorcycles?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 09:28:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 09:28 UTC

Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
> My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has a
> number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
> dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
> They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
> order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
> recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
> claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
> so, why?

I don't have any answers about the new bike availability situation,
but I'm slightly embarassed to admit that you've done more miles on a
2013 FJR than I've done on my 2007...

What bike(s) are you looking at to replace the FJR?

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0E1626BAE741wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19759&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19759

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 09:40:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 09:40 UTC

Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote in news:um0ibd$v5a5$1@dont-email.me:

> My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has
> a number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
> dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
> They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
> order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
> recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
> claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
> so, why?

largely driven by a shortage of electronics due to Covid affecting
production. Same with cars, phones, toasters. Lead times should not be
as long as 18 months now but yes, I have heard similar for vehicles
ordered in 2020/21.

I've been hearing in a few forums that US dealer stock is low for some
months. The consensus is that they are not committing to stock due to
anxiety about inflation worsening what seems to be a shrinking market.

Add in the trend that the European makers like to offer lots of options
so many buyers order a bike yet to be built. This suits the likes of BMW
& Ducati as they rarely sell a base spec bike and, with limited
inventory, they only build a bike after a deposit has been paid. In the
UK, order one of the new R1300GS to be built to your spec and you might
get it in April or May.

BMW in the UK has just launched a new bike locator. They had one for
used bikes for some time. It looks quite handy, assuming it is up to
date.

Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
Moto Guzzi! Go look to see if you have any of the new R1300GS locally.
BMW have shipped a decent batch into the UK after the recent launch and
they do not seem to be shifting. That stock tool shows 168 languishing
in dealers. It seems to be a bit of a Marmite bike, with many GS riders
thinking it has gone too far down the sport touring route, which you
might like.

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<pan$cf437$e2dab90d$d31a9e73$ea52b2c7@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19760&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19760

From: wibbleypants@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 21 Dec 2023 10:39:35 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:39 UTC

El Wed, 20 Dec 2023 21:27:09 -0800, Turby escribió:

> My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has a
> number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
> dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
> They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
> order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
> recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
> claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
> so, why?

Blimey. Glad I can't afford a new bike.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um1j43$13u0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19761&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19761

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:46:27 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:46 UTC

On 21/12/2023 09:40, wessie wrote:
> Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote in news:um0ibd$v5a5$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has
>> a number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
>> dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
>> They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
>> order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
>> recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
>> claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
>> so, why?
>>

> largely driven by a shortage of electronics due to Covid affecting
><snip>

some time. It looks quite handy, assuming it is up to
> date.
>
> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
> Moto Guzzi! Go look to see if you have any of the new R1300GS locally.

Maybe he wants another Yam?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0E1A15D5944wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19762&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19762

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 15:51:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 15:51 UTC

YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1j43$13u0d$1@dont-email.me:

> Maybe he wants another Yam?

the new Tracer GT+ would be up his street if a) he can tolerate the chain
drive and b) it is available over there

Seems the US still gets the FJR and Super Tenere. I guess they do not have
the same emissions rules that killed those bikes in Europe.

and, Yamaha has a stock locator on their US website...

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um1ott$14sj6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19763&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19763

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:25:33 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:25 UTC

On 21/12/2023 15:51, wessie wrote:
> YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1j43$13u0d$1@dont-email.me:
>

>> Maybe he wants another Yam?
>>>

> the new Tracer GT+ would be up his street if a) he can tolerate the chain
> drive and b) it is available over there
>
> Seems the US still gets the FJR and Super Tenere. I guess they do not have

It was the Super T I was thinking of.

> the same emissions rules that killed those bikes in Europe. >
> and, Yamaha has a stock locator on their US website...

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0E1B0021F9DEwtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19764&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19764

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:18:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:18 UTC

YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1ott$14sj6$1@dont-email.me:

> On 21/12/2023 15:51, wessie wrote:
>> YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1j43$13u0d$1@dont-email.me:
>>

>>> Maybe he wants another Yam?
>>>>

>> the new Tracer GT+ would be up his street if a) he can tolerate the
>> chain drive and b) it is available over there
>>
>> Seems the US still gets the FJR and Super Tenere. I guess they do not
>> have
>
> It was the Super T I was thinking of.

I had one, an early version made in 2010. Zot knows the bike as we rode
together in Wales when he stayed with me on one of his trips.

Looks like they have updated the bike with some tech from the FJR like
electronic suspension & cruise control, but the motor is still the same
unit making a weedy 108bhp

The new Tracer has more power and weighs a lot less.

>> the same emissions rules that killed those bikes in Europe. >
>> and, Yamaha has a stock locator on their US website...

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um285o$176v6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19765&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19765

From: xsurf@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:45:45 -0800
 by: Turby - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:45 UTC

On 12/21/2023 7:51 AM, wessie wrote:
> YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1j43$13u0d$1@dont-email.me:
>

>> Maybe he wants another Yam?
>>>

> the new Tracer GT+ would be up his street if a) he can tolerate the chain
> drive and b) it is available over there
>
> Seems the US still gets the FJR and Super Tenere. I guess they do not have
> the same emissions rules that killed those bikes in Europe.
>
> and, Yamaha has a stock locator on their US website...

I'm open, but...
I really like the FJR. It's comfy, powerful enough, handles well, and
has plenty of storage capacity. The one downside is the lack of
durability with so much plastic.

The Kawasaki sport-tourer was much wider and that impacted the ability
to filter, which I do every day on my way to the cafe.
The BMW GS I now own isn't nearly as comfy as the one I owned in Europe.
It's really a pain in the arse. (And it doesn't run.)

I'd really like to get an electric bike, but I don't think there are any
now with proper luggage or touring range. Some day, hopefully.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um3s3f$1i03c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19768&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19768

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:31:59 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:31 UTC

On 21/12/2023 17:18, wessie wrote:
> YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1ott$14sj6$1@dont-email.me:

>>> the new Tracer GT+ would be up his street if a) he can tolerate the
>>> chain drive and b) it is available over there
>>>
>>> Seems the US still gets the FJR and Super Tenere. I guess they do not
>>> have
>>
>> It was the Super T I was thinking of.
>>

> I had one, an early version made in 2010. Zot knows the bike as we rode
> together in Wales when he stayed with me on one of his trips.
>
> Looks like they have updated the bike with some tech from the FJR like
> electronic suspension & cruise control, but the motor is still the same
> unit making a weedy 108bhp

I am getting old, that is enough power for me :-)

> The new Tracer has more power and weighs a lot less.
Ah, less weight is good.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um3s6c$1i03c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19769&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19769

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:33:32 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:33 UTC

On 21/12/2023 20:45, Turby wrote:
> On 12/21/2023 7:51 AM, wessie wrote:
>> YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote in news:um1j43$13u0d$1@dont-email.me:
>>

>>> Maybe he wants another Yam?
>>>>

>> the new Tracer GT+ would be up his street if a) he can tolerate the chain
>> drive and b) it is available over there
>>
>> Seems the US still gets the FJR and Super Tenere. I guess they do not
>> have
>> the same emissions rules that killed those bikes in Europe.
>>
>> and, Yamaha has a stock locator on their US website...
>>
> I'm open, but...
> I really like the FJR. It's comfy, powerful enough, handles well, and
> has plenty of storage capacity. The one downside is the lack of
> durability with so much plastic.
>
> The Kawasaki sport-tourer was much wider and that impacted the ability
> to filter, which I do every day on my way to the cafe.

The Peg is good for that.
(Actually the XJR is better for filtering though)

> The BMW GS I now own isn't nearly as comfy as the one I owned in Europe.
> It's really a pain in the arse. (And it doesn't run.)
>
> I'd really like to get an electric bike, but I don't think there are any
> now with proper luggage or touring range. Some day, hopefully.

Sadly I doubt this market will be filled anytime soon.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<kuo6khFe1gdU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19781&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19781

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 13:45:52 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 13:45 UTC

On 21/12/2023 09:40, wessie wrote:
> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
> Moto Guzzi!

Or a Triumph Rocket III or Tiger 1200.

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0E39BFB2D990wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19782&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19782

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:20:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:20 UTC

Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote in news:kuo6khFe1gdU5
@mid.individual.net:

> On 21/12/2023 09:40, wessie wrote:
>> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
>> Moto Guzzi!
>
> Or a Triumph Rocket III

too heavy and basically a POS

> or Tiger 1200.

I had an Explorer. Not recommended even in newer Tiger trim.

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um7em9$26qhe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19786&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19786

From: xsurf@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 12:07:38 -0800
 by: Turby - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 20:07 UTC

On 12/21/2023 1:40 AM, wessie wrote:

> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
> Moto Guzzi! Go look to see if you have any of the new R1300GS locally.

I'm not fond of the local BMW dealer, but I just started looking. There
are a bunch of dealers around. Hopefully, there are dealers without the
supply problem. I'm open to different brands, but I want a bike that is
comfy over long distances, reliable, and has juice. (I could also add a
smaller commuter bike, but it would need room to carry groceries.)

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0E3D801F54E0wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19787&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#19787

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 21:14:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 21:14 UTC

Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote in news:um7em9$26qhe$1@dont-email.me:

> On 12/21/2023 1:40 AM, wessie wrote:
>>

>> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
>> Moto Guzzi! Go look to see if you have any of the new R1300GS locally.
>
> I'm not fond of the local BMW dealer, but I just started looking. There
> are a bunch of dealers around. Hopefully, there are dealers without the
> supply problem. I'm open to different brands, but I want a bike that is
> comfy over long distances, reliable, and has juice. (I could also add a
> smaller commuter bike, but it would need room to carry groceries.)

go try a Yamaha Tracer. You might find it is the UJM you are looking for
that will be okay for errands and longer trips.

I was riding a red one when we rode with Johan from Blois to La Bourboule.
That was 2016 IIRC. Johan had a blue one. I think that ride qualified as
having juice based on the smile you had when we arrived at Hotel
L'Aviation.

Our Tracers were early versions and it has been improved with better
suspension and electronics since then. The GT & GT+ versions come with
panniers as standard.

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um7pno$28ice$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20322&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20322

From: xsurf@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:16:09 -0800
 by: Turby - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 23:16 UTC

On 12/23/2023 1:14 PM, wessie wrote:
> Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote in news:um7em9$26qhe$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> On 12/21/2023 1:40 AM, wessie wrote:
>>>

>>> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
>>> Moto Guzzi! Go look to see if you have any of the new R1300GS locally.
>>
>> I'm not fond of the local BMW dealer, but I just started looking. There
>> are a bunch of dealers around. Hopefully, there are dealers without the
>> supply problem. I'm open to different brands, but I want a bike that is
>> comfy over long distances, reliable, and has juice. (I could also add a
>> smaller commuter bike, but it would need room to carry groceries.)
>>

> go try a Yamaha Tracer.

Will do.

You might find it is the UJM you are looking for
> that will be okay for errands and longer trips.
>
> I was riding a red one when we rode with Johan from Blois to La Bourboule.
> That was 2016 IIRC. Johan had a blue one. I think that ride qualified as
> having juice based on the smile you had when we arrived at Hotel
> L'Aviation.
>
> Our Tracers were early versions and it has been improved with better
> suspension and electronics since then. The GT & GT+ versions come with
> panniers as standard.

Ta.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um9mrt$2kpkk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20328&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20328

From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:39:25 +0000
 by: Alan Lee - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:39 UTC

On 23/12/2023 15:20, wessie wrote:
>> or Tiger 1200.
> I had an Explorer. Not recommended even in newer Tiger trim.

My mate has just upgraded from a 2016 Tiger 1200 to the 2023 1200
Explorer. He says its a big improvement, lighter, better acceleration etc.
--
Remove the '+' and replace with 'plus' to reply by email

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0E4B5955E429wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20333&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20333

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:51:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:51 UTC

Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com> wrote in

> On 23/12/2023 15:20, wessie wrote:
>>> or Tiger 1200.
>> I had an Explorer. Not recommended even in newer Tiger trim.
>

> My mate has just upgraded from a 2016 Tiger 1200 to the 2023 1200
> Explorer. He says its a big improvement, lighter, better acceleration
> etc.

it's odd, the MCN review says it is 25 kg lighter but their stats say the
old one was 248kg and the new one is 240kg (same figure on the maker's
website)

Looking st the pictures, the engine is still very high. It was the weight
distribution I found problematic, and the amount of hot air belched out
when I was in France in summer. When the fan came on, the hot air hit your
chest. Has this been addressed?

Then there is the matter that Zot is in the US where Triumph dealers are
quite scarce compared to Yamaha (170 compared to 875[1])

[1] https://www.scrapehero.com/location-reports/Yamaha%20Motorcycles-USA/
https://www.scrapehero.com/location-reports/Triumph%20Motorcycles-USA/

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<um9s6i$2lmg1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20334&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20334

From: nobody@home.co.uk (Tim)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:10:25 +0000
 by: Tim - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:10 UTC

On 23/12/2023 13:45, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 21/12/2023 09:40, wessie wrote:
>> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
>> Moto Guzzi!
>
> Or a Triumph Rocket III or Tiger 1200.

The new Rocket III is a hideous lump. Triumph's design team must be on
the wrong medication.

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<u5oioiptnfccd5nm75pdhcibt8gn1u576f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20337&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20337

From: Ace@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:02:48 +0100
 by: Ace - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 11:02 UTC

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 18:10:25 +0000, Tim <nobody@home.co.uk> wrote:

>On 23/12/2023 13:45, Mike Fleming wrote:
>> On 21/12/2023 09:40, wessie wrote:
>>> Anyway, you like shaft drive so you should just be looking at BMW or
>>> Moto Guzzi!
>>
>> Or a Triumph Rocket III or Tiger 1200.
>
>The new Rocket III is a hideous lump. Triumph's design team must be on
>the wrong medication.

This one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Rocket_3#/media/File:Black_Triumph_Rocket_3_R.jpg

As opposed to the previous:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Rocket_III#/media/File:Rocket_3b.JPG

Well I know which one I prefer, and it ain't the old one/
--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<l05m45Frm7tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20495&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20495

From: siwilson@nodamnspamn.hotmail.com (Simon Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 19:46:12 +0000
 by: Simon Wilson - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 19:46 UTC

On 21/12/2023 05:27, Turby wrote:
> My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has a
> number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
> dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
> They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
> order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
> recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
> claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
> so, why?

I finally got around to re-configuring Thundebird. It still keeps losing
my settings grrrr.

How about one of these:
https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk/product/langen-two-stroke

They are a little bit spendy.

--
/Simon

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<unka1g$24th6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20496&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20496

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 20:24:14 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 20:24 UTC

On 09/01/2024 19:46, Simon Wilson wrote:
> On 21/12/2023 05:27, Turby wrote:
>> My 2013 FJR is getting on, with almost 100k miles in 10 years. It has
>> a number of issues and I'm ready for a new bike. So I went to a local
>> dealer today, who who deals in Yamahas, Kawasakis, KTMs and Ducatis.
>> They have very few new models in stock, and they said that they can
>> order them, but delivery is by chance and a long way off. They said a
>> recent buyer had to wait 18 months to get his prepaid order. WTF? They
>> claimed the problem is industry wide. Seriously, can that be true? If
>> so, why?
>>

> I finally got around to re-configuring Thundebird. It still keeps losing
> my settings grrrr.

What are you doing differently to everyone else who don't lose them?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<unkoli$26ueb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20498&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20498

From: xsurf@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:33:54 -0800
 by: Turby - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:33 UTC

On 1/9/2024 11:46 AM, Simon Wilson wrote:

> How about one of these:
> https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk/product/langen-two-stroke

That web page just appears blank, no matter what I do.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<XnsB0F56F5933F3wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20499&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20499

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:41:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:41 UTC

Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote in news:unkoli$26ueb$1@dont-email.me:

> On 1/9/2024 11:46 AM, Simon Wilson wrote:
>>
>> How about one of these:
>> https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk/product/langen-two-stroke
>>
> That web page just appears blank, no matter what I do.

did the same for me

shorten it to https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk then click 2 stroke

even if you liked it and had �30,000 to spare, I guess your state has
banned such things!

Re: Any new motorcycles?

<l06908Fe1geU17@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20500&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20500

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 01:08:21 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 01:08 UTC

On 10/01/2024 00:41, wessie wrote:
> Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote in news:unkoli$26ueb$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> On 1/9/2024 11:46 AM, Simon Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> How about one of these:
>>> https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk/product/langen-two-stroke" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk/product/langen-two-stroke
>>>
>> That web page just appears blank, no matter what I do.
>>

> did the same for me
>
> shorten it to https://www.langenmotorcycles.co.uk then click 2 stroke

They could do with somebody who can create functioning websites. If you
go into the two stroke page and then try to select the other model from
the top menu, it doesn't work, and nor do any of the other links in the
top menu. If their bikes are as reliable as their website, there's not
much hope for them.