I hear what you're saying but I just don't care.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / French Run '25

SubjectAuthor
* French Run '25jeremy
+- Re: French Run '25wessie
+* Re: French Run '25wessie
|+- Re: French Run '25YTC#1
|+* Re: French Run '25Mark Olson
||+- Re: French Run '25wessie
||+- Re: French Run '25YTC#1
||`- Re: French Run '25wessie
|`- Re: French Run '25Eddie
+* Re: French Run '25Alan Lee
|`* Re: French Run '25Alan Lee
| +* Re: French Run '25wessie
| |`- Re: French Run '25Alan Lee
| `- Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael
+- Re: French Run '25YTC#1
+- Re: French Run '25Colin Irvine
+- Re: French Run '25wessie
+- Re: French Run '25TMack
+* Re: French Run '25CT
|`- Re: French Run '25wessie
+- Re: French Run '25Tim
+- Re: French Run '25Champ
+* Re: French Run '25Cab
|`- Re: French Run '25jeremy
+* Re: French Run '25Ben Blaney
|+* Re: French Run '25Colin Irvine
||`- Re: French Run '25wessie
|`* Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael
| `- Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael
`- Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael

Pages:12
French Run '25

<l7l8ipFico4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21045&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21045

From: jeremy0505@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: French Run '25
Date: 9 Apr 2024 16:27:05 GMT
 by: jeremy - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:27 UTC

Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it would
be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last 20 years
or so.

I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
(I know it's a bit early).

--
jeremy

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB14FB4A82DB99wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21046&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21046

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: French Run '25
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:45:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:45 UTC

jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
> the last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

potentially if there is a little more certainty about the destination

in 2023, some of use had arranged an extended trip based on travel from
Normandy as originally planned, so we missed out on Givet when the change
was decided. We would probably want to do the same in 2025.

We did find one of the best Logis hotels I have used with a great
restaurant as an alternative for the first 2 nights.
https://www.hostelleriesaintmartin.com/
Sadly only 12 rooms so not suitable for UKRM.

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB14FB8FE1FCABwtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21047&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21047

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:11:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:11 UTC

jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
> the last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will see this
here.

Re: French Run '25

<uv3v28$c4hi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21048&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21048

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:48:56 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:48 UTC

On 09/04/2024 18:11, wessie wrote:
> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
>> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
>> the last 20 years or so.
>>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>

> are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will see this
> here.

Maybe he wants to do it "old school"? :-)

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: French Run '25

<uv40ls$ch2u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21050&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21050

From: olsonm@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:16:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:16 UTC

wessie <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
>> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
>> the last 20 years or so.
>>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>

> are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will see this
> here.

Not everyone here participates in FB.

On the rare occasion when I 'need' to use FB, I generally log in as
my wife when pictures of 'the baby' are posted, but I can't see UKRM
as it's a closed group, and she isn't keen on joining, IYSWIM.

Re: French Run '25

<uv41tf$cntf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21051&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21051

From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:37:35 +0100
 by: Alan Lee - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:37 UTC

On 09/04/2024 17:27, jeremy wrote:
> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it would
> be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
> magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last 20 years
> or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
> (I know it's a bit early).

Yes, from us. Bouillon was our favourite, Dieppe 6/7 years ago was good,
I didnt think much of St. Omer (hotel was awful IMO). Something 2 to 3
hours from Calais would be ideal.
The last two times we've paid for it, but not made it, firstly to covid,
then last year, 6.30 in the morning, all set, the OH decides to jump on
the bike on the driveway, it fell over, trapping her, smashing the
mirror and screen, and putting 4 dents in my van. I was not happy.
Especially as the bike was being traded in 6 days later.
This year to the IOM wouldnt have worked for us as we're there 3 weeks
later for the TT practice (and some racing) week.

Re: French Run '25

<uv42dr$cntf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21052&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21052

From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:46:19 +0100
 by: Alan Lee - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:46 UTC

On 09/04/2024 19:37, Alan Lee wrote:
> On 09/04/2024 17:27, jeremy wrote:
>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>> it would
>> be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
>> magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last
>> 20 years.....
Oh, and to make it easier for the Organiser, let people sort out their
own travel arrangements. Just say, "we're looking to go on the xx.xxam
ferry if you want to join us on that".
Then all that's left to organise is the hotel for 10-15 rooms, and
possibly dinner, which can be done via email/phone.

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB14FD25847824wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21053&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21053

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:40:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:40 UTC

Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote in

> wessie <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was
>>> thinking it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last
>>> occurrence of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a
>>> participant for the last 20 years or so.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's
>>> resurrected for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>>

>> are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will
>> see this here.
>
> Not everyone here participates in FB.
>
> On the rare occasion when I 'need' to use FB, I generally log in as
> my wife when pictures of 'the baby' are posted, but I can't see UKRM
> as it's a closed group, and she isn't keen on joining, IYSWIM.

hence in the last few years by TOG & Cab, everything is duplicated across
the two platforms as the majority are over there, as they no longer do
usenet

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB14FD30E6BF09wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21054&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21054

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:44:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:44 UTC

Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com> wrote in news:uv42dr$cntf$2@dont-
email.me:

> On 09/04/2024 19:37, Alan Lee wrote:
>> On 09/04/2024 17:27, jeremy wrote:
>>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>>> it would
>>> be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
>>> magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last
>>> 20 years.....
> Oh, and to make it easier for the Organiser, let people sort out their
> own travel arrangements. Just say, "we're looking to go on the xx.xxam
> ferry if you want to join us on that".
> Then all that's left to organise is the hotel for 10-15 rooms, and
> possibly dinner, which can be done via email/phone.

I have mostly organised my own ferry as I prefer to use Portsmouth or the
tunnel, although DFDS to Dieppe[1] worked well, for Dieppe!

[1] 2022 but the timetable changed for 2023 making it less good. 1130am
(was 930am) departure does not let you get very far after arriving at 4pm
once you lose the hour.

Re: French Run '25

<uv4621$dnqt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21055&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21055

From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:48:17 +0100
 by: Alan Lee - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 19:48 UTC

On 09/04/2024 20:44, wessie wrote:
> I have mostly organised my own ferry as I prefer to use Portsmouth or the
> tunnel, although DFDS to Dieppe[1] worked well, for Dieppe!

Yes we were booked from Newhaven that year too, but covid got me the day
before, and I didnt get out of bed for 4 days. It woudl have worked out
well too, Rae has her family in Shoreham, so we'd have stayed there on
the Thursday night for a relaxed 40 mins or so to Newhaven in the morning.

Re: French Run '25

<uv46rv$e35d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21056&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21056

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:02:05 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:02 UTC

On 09/04/2024 19:16, Mark Olson wrote:
> wessie <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>>> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
>>> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
>>> the last 20 years or so.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>>

>> are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will see this
>> here.
>
> Not everyone here participates in FB.
Indeed. I am a minimalist user.

> On the rare occasion when I 'need' to use FB, I generally log in as
> my wife when pictures of 'the baby' are posted, but I can't see UKRM
> as it's a closed group, and she isn't keen on joining, IYSWIM.

I was a member once. But like ll FB groups, it just pissed me off.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: French Run '25

<uv46vk$e35d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21057&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21057

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:04:02 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 20:04 UTC

On 09/04/2024 17:27, jeremy wrote:
> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it would
> be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
> magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last 20 years
> or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
> (I know it's a bit early).

I will (as always) remain as an interested party.
I may or may not appear :-)

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB14FE7F14E3B1wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21058&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21058

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:48:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:48 UTC

Mark Olson <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote in

> wessie <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was
>>> thinking it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last
>>> occurrence of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a
>>> participant for the last 20 years or so.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's
>>> resurrected for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>>

>> are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will
>> see this here.
>
> Not everyone here participates in FB.
>
> On the rare occasion when I 'need' to use FB, I generally log in as
> my wife when pictures of 'the baby' are posted, but I can't see UKRM
> as it's a closed group, and she isn't keen on joining, IYSWIM.

for inclusivity of the fewer recalcitrant, I have added this link to the
Fb group https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20418&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20418

Re: French Run '25

<c9hc1j5388t5fifi5eg8g10mko7od4g1go@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21060&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21060

From: look@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:52:28 +0100
 by: Colin Irvine - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 07:52 UTC

On 9 Apr 2024 16:27:05 GMT, jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:

>Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it would
>be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
>magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last 20 years
>or so.
>
>I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
>(I know it's a bit early).

Pat & me.

--
Colin Irvine
R1250RS

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB1505FA1AC12Bwtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21061&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21061

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:24:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:24 UTC

jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
> the last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

quite a few expressions of interest in the Fb group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2473715307/permalink/10160387917085308/

Re: French Run '25

<uv5tfl$u4oq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21063&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21063

From: qwert@yuiop.com (TMack)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:34:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: TMack - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:34 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:27:05 +0000, jeremy wrote:

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it
> would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of
> this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the
> last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

Helen and I would definitely want to be there

--
Tony
FJR1300, BSA Bantams x3, BSA C11, Suzuki ST400

Re: French Run '25

<uv61l0$v8it$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21064&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21064

From: me@christrollen.co.uk (CT)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:45:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: CT - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:45 UTC

jeremy wrote:

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
> the last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

*waves*

TBH, I'd do one this year if one could be hastily arranged. I just
couldn't make the dates that this year's trip was pencilled in for.

--
Chris

Re: French Run '25

<uv6296$vcss$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21065&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21065

From: nobody@home.co.uk (Tim)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 13:56:05 +0100
 by: Tim - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:56 UTC

On 09/04/2024 17:27, jeremy wrote:
> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it would
> be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
> magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last 20 years
> or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
> (I know it's a bit early).

Yes please, allowing for unforeseen events.

Re: French Run '25

<l7nnttFsrb5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21066&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21066

From: eddie@deguello.org (Eddie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:01:17 +0100
 by: Eddie - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:01 UTC

On 09/04/2024 18:11, wessie wrote:
> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>
> are you going to put the same query in the FB group? Not many will see this
> here.

"And nothing of value was lost."

--
Eddie eddie@deguello.org

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB150A84CA70FBwtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21067&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21067

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:32:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:32 UTC

"CT" <me@christrollen.co.uk> wrote in news:uv61l0$v8it$1@dont-email.me:

> jeremy wrote:
>
>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
>> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
>> the last 20 years or so.
>>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>
> *waves*
>
> TBH, I'd do one this year if one could be hastily arranged. I just
> couldn't make the dates that this year's trip was pencilled in for.

Scraggy, SO & a tame bokker will be in Reims on Fri 31 May if you want to
join in. We are travelling on further south for several days afterwards.
You should really join the UKRM retirees travel club.

We might visit this bar https://www.delirium-cafe-reims.com/ or this one
https://www.pub-lescale.com/ probably both before and after dinner

Either stay a few days in Reims or come down to Obernai in Alsace for the 2
nights we are there before we head for the German Alps.

Ping me on Fb if you want to be invited to the group we use.

Re: French Run '25

<fj7f1j9ci0jv2ll56jn0p5cii7hpgc57tn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21070&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21070

From: neal@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:25:37 +0100
 by: Champ - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 08:25 UTC

On 9 Apr 2024 16:27:05 GMT, jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:

>Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it would
>be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of this
>magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the last 20 years
>or so.
>
>I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
>(I know it's a bit early).

Tentative yes from me
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: French Run '25

<xn0okhxwj87g2v000@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21084&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21084

From: me@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 21:09:29 +0000
 by: Cab - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 21:09 UTC

jeremy wrote:

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
> the last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

Yeah, I'll be up for it. Happy to organise it again too.

--

Cab

Re: French Run '25

<uvedvc$33q3i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21096&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21096

From: benblaney@gmail.invalid (Ben Blaney)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:04:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ben Blaney - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:04 UTC

On Apr 9, 2024 at 12:27:05 PM EDT, "jeremy" <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
> (I know it's a bit early).

Post some dates, and I would certainly consider it. It's at least a fun reason
to investigate buying a motorbike in England just for the fucking hell of it.

Re: French Run '25

<gmqn1j566nu79c3tsrgpg9ajr9f2229gjp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21110&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21110

From: look@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 15:41:06 +0100
 by: Colin Irvine - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 14:41 UTC

On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:04:44 -0000 (UTC), Ben Blaney
<benblaney@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>On Apr 9, 2024 at 12:27:05 PM EDT, "jeremy" <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected for 2025
>> (I know it's a bit early).
>
>Post some dates, and I would certainly consider it. It's at least a fun reason
>to investigate buying a motorbike in England just for the fucking hell of it.

I imagine we'll be spending the nights of Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd
May over there.

--
Colin Irvine
R1250RS

Re: French Run '25

<XnsB154AC6DA83A9wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21116&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21116

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 15:57:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 15:57 UTC

Colin Irvine <look@colinandpat.co.uk> wrote in

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:04:44 -0000 (UTC), Ben Blaney
> <benblaney@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Apr 9, 2024 at 12:27:05 PM EDT, "jeremy" <jeremy0505@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's
>>> resurrected for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>
>>Post some dates, and I would certainly consider it. It's at least a
>>fun reason to investigate buying a motorbike in England just for the
>>fucking hell of it.
>
> I imagine we'll be spending the nights of Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd
> May over there.

and some might extend the trip further into May if one has a pass for
additional days