"Turn on, tune up, rock out." -- Billy Gibbons

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: French Run '25

SubjectAuthor
* French Run '25jeremy
+- Re: French Run '25wessie
+* Re: French Run '25wessie
|+- Re: French Run '25YTC#1
|+* Re: French Run '25Mark Olson
||+- Re: French Run '25wessie
||+- Re: French Run '25YTC#1
||`- Re: French Run '25wessie
|`- Re: French Run '25Eddie
+* Re: French Run '25Alan Lee
|`* Re: French Run '25Alan Lee
| +* Re: French Run '25wessie
| |`- Re: French Run '25Alan Lee
| `- Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael
+- Re: French Run '25YTC#1
+- Re: French Run '25Colin Irvine
+- Re: French Run '25wessie
+- Re: French Run '25TMack
+* Re: French Run '25CT
|`- Re: French Run '25wessie
+- Re: French Run '25Tim
+- Re: French Run '25Champ
+* Re: French Run '25Cab
|`- Re: French Run '25jeremy
+* Re: French Run '25Ben Blaney
|+* Re: French Run '25Colin Irvine
||`- Re: French Run '25wessie
|`* Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael
| `- Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael
`- Re: French Run '25Paul Carmichael

Pages:12
Re: French Run '25

<pan$ccc5d$2b602195$748d71c9$b89aaca9@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21164&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21164

From: wibbleypants@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: French Run '25
Date: 16 Apr 2024 13:09:53 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:09 UTC

El Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:27:05 +0000, jeremy escribió:

> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking it
> would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence of
> this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for the
> last 20 years or so.
>
> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).

This is almost enough of a reason for my buying a motorcycle. We went on
many French runs back in the day. The last one from down here, but that
wasn't much fun for the large part. The last time I saw any of ukrm was
when I went to France in the car. We went to thingy's caff. 46 or
somesuch.

Then there are the cats...

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es

Re: French Run '25

<l87ebrFc0dgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21165&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21165

From: jeremy0505@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 16 Apr 2024 13:56:11 GMT
 by: jeremy - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:56 UTC

On 12 Apr 2024 at 22:09:29 BST, ""Cab"" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> jeremy wrote:
>
>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
>> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
>> the last 20 years or so.
>>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>
> Yeah, I'll be up for it. Happy to organise it again too.

Just the responder & response I was hoping for :-)

--
jeremy

Re: French Run '25

<pan$25c8f$54bfdf9f$33faaf5b$fdb10f3@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21166&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21166

From: wibbleypants@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 16 Apr 2024 14:04:03 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:04 UTC

El Tue, 09 Apr 2024 19:46:19 +0100, Alan Lee escribió:

> On 09/04/2024 19:37, Alan Lee wrote:
>> On 09/04/2024 17:27, jeremy wrote:
>>> Obviously the French run this year isn't happening and I was thinking
>>> it would be a shame if last year turned out to be the last occurrence
>>> of this magnificent tradition in which I have been a participant for
>>> the last 20 years.....
> Oh, and to make it easier for the Organiser, let people sort out their
> own travel arrangements. Just say, "we're looking to go on the xx.xxam
> ferry if you want to join us on that".

But I do remember the ferry being very much part of the whole thing.
Fighting with French people over places to sit and eat etc.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es

Re: French Run '25

<pan$a444c$21776bab$bd783d03$8cb7f6f0@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21167&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21167

From: wibbleypants@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 16 Apr 2024 14:08:11 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:08 UTC

El Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:04:44 +0000, Ben Blaney escribió:

> On Apr 9, 2024 at 12:27:05 PM EDT, "jeremy" <jeremy0505@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>
> Post some dates, and I would certainly consider it. It's at least a fun
> reason to investigate buying a motorbike in England just for the fucking
> hell of it.

Sort of what I was thinking, but my financial situation may get in the
way. And I haven't been to England in more than 15 years, so wouldn't
feel very "at home". I suppose I could always get somebody to buy a bike
for me and finsh the run by coming south.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es

Re: French Run '25

<pan$7ebe1$1b694b43$61527a80$47d7d11@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21168&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#21168

From: wibbleypants@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 16 Apr 2024 14:51:28 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:51 UTC

El Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:08:11 +0000, Paul Carmichael escribió:

> El Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:04:44 +0000, Ben Blaney escribió:
>
>> On Apr 9, 2024 at 12:27:05 PM EDT, "jeremy" <jeremy0505@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to ask who'd be "in" (in principle) if it's resurrected
>>> for 2025 (I know it's a bit early).
>>
>> Post some dates, and I would certainly consider it. It's at least a fun
>> reason to investigate buying a motorbike in England just for the
>> fucking hell of it.
>

> Sort of what I was thinking, but my financial situation may get in the
> way. And I haven't been to England in more than 15 years, so wouldn't
> feel very "at home". I suppose I could always get somebody to buy a bike
> for me and finsh the run by coming south.

Scratch that. I remember the export/import business from the last time.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es