Let he who takes the plunge remember to return it by Tuesday.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

SubjectAuthor
* Has anyotherRat noticed…Mike McMillan
+* Re: Has anyotherRat noticed?Vicky
|+* Re: Has anyotherRat noticed…Jim Easterbrook
||`* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
|| `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJoe Kerr
||  +* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJohn Armstrong
||  |+* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJ. P. Gilliver
||  ||+* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJenny M Benson
||  |||`* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJ. P. Gilliver
||  ||| +- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedVicky
||  ||| `- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedSam Plusnet
||  ||+* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
||  |||+- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJoe Kerr
||  |||+- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJ. P. Gilliver
||  |||`* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJohn Armstrong
||  ||| `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
||  |||  `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJ. P. Gilliver
||  |||   `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
||  |||    `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
||  |||     +* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJ. P. Gilliver
||  |||     |`* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
||  |||     | `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJ. P. Gilliver
||  |||     |  `- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedMike McMillan
||  |||     `- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedSam Plusnet
||  ||`- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedRosie Mitchell
||  |+- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJoe Kerr
||  |`- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedRosie Mitchell
||  `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJoe Kerr
||   `- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedSam Plusnet
|`* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedBrritSki
| `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedSam Plusnet
|  `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJim Easterbrook
|   `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticedjohn ashby
|    `- Re: Has anyotherRat noticedJim Easterbrook
`* Re: Has anyotherRat noticed…Clive Arthur
 `* Re: Has anyotherRat noticed…Joe Kerr
  `- Re: Has anyotherRat noticed…Sam Plusnet

Pages:12
Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<uun0vn$rgh4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22787&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22787

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (john ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Has anyotherRat noticed
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:01:59 +0100
 by: john ashby - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:01 UTC

On 04/04/2024 20:49, Jim Easterbrook wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:42:44 +0100, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>
>> P.S. What is the purpose of fonts which seem to go to great lengths to
>> make text unreadable?
>
> Publishing government consultation documents. Or party manifestos. Or etc.
>
> I saw something today claiming that "respectable" scientific journals are
> using AI to peer review papers (or maybe the paid reviewers are
> outsourcing to AI). One counter measure I thought of would be sending the
> papers for review as hard copy, in a difficult to scan font or binding.

Point of order: I have never been paid for refereeing a scientific
paper, nor do I believe any of my colleagues have.

john

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<l78ispFdm1rU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22788&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22788

From: news@jim-easterbrook.me.uk (Jim Easterbrook)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 4 Apr 2024 21:03:21 GMT
 by: Jim Easterbrook - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:03 UTC

On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:01:59 +0100, john ashby wrote:

> On 04/04/2024 20:49, Jim Easterbrook wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:42:44 +0100, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>>
>>> P.S. What is the purpose of fonts which seem to go to great lengths to
>>> make text unreadable?
>>
>> Publishing government consultation documents. Or party manifestos. Or
>> etc.
>>
>> I saw something today claiming that "respectable" scientific journals
>> are using AI to peer review papers (or maybe the paid reviewers are
>> outsourcing to AI). One counter measure I thought of would be sending
>> the papers for review as hard copy, in a difficult to scan font or
>> binding.
>>
> Point of order: I have never been paid for refereeing a scientific
> paper, nor do I believe any of my colleagues have.

I stand corrected.

Which makes it even more mysterious, as the journal would probably have to
pay the AI.

--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<l79p35Fq9crU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22790&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22790

From: jja@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:55:17 +0100
 by: John Armstrong - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 07:55 UTC

On 04/04/2024 13:08, Mike McMillan wrote:
> J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>> In message <l774dtFe4ceU1@mid.individual.net> at Thu, 4 Apr 2024
>> 08:50:21, John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>>> On 03/04/2024 20:08, Joe Kerr wrote:
>> []
>>
>> (Did that solve it, Mike? I found the same thing.)
>> []
>>> Agreed. And I do like the word "thereupon". I must make a note to use
>>> it more often.
>>
>> Yes - there are a range of such useful words! (You could also use
>> "thereon" in this example, I think.) Such as therefor (not the same as
>> therefore), whither, whence, hither, hence, thither, thence, thereunder,
>>>
>>> I also discovered, on the LHS of the Amazon home page, under the Amazon
>>> name and logo, that there are three horizontal bars next to the word
>>> "All". Click on this, and scroll down to "Help & Settings", under which
>>> you will find "Currency Settings".
>>
>> Those three horizontal bars - which I've seen people refer to as a
>> hamburger, presumably meaning between the two halves of a bun - have
>> become the international symbol for a menu (in the software sense). I
>> don't like that fact, but of course there's nothing I can do about it.
>
> Nil, Nada, Zilch, Cube root of S’d all, not none of the suggestions seem to
> be there on my iPad screen.🤨

I was using the Amazon website on my desktop, via the Google Chrome
browser. I've just tried the Amazon website on my ipad, using Google
Chrome. Works perfectly for me. Were you perchance using the app?

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<uuocgp$19378$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22793&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22793

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:24:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gkFcE2mPg6TPSwBPIHjtYw7/7Os=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:24 UTC

John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 04/04/2024 13:08, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <l774dtFe4ceU1@mid.individual.net> at Thu, 4 Apr 2024
>>> 08:50:21, John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>>> []
>>>
>>> (Did that solve it, Mike? I found the same thing.)
>>> []
>>>
>>> Yes - there are a range of such useful words! (You could also use
>>> "thereon" in this example, I think.) Such as therefor (not the same as
>>> therefore), whither, whence, hither, hence, thither, thence, thereunder,

>>> Those three horizontal bars - which I've seen people refer to as a
>>> hamburger, presumably meaning between the two halves of a bun - have
>>> become the international symbol for a menu (in the software sense). I
>>> don't like that fact, but of course there's nothing I can do about it.
>>
>> Nil, Nada, Zilch, Cube root of S’d all, not none of the suggestions seem to
>> be there on my iPad screen.🤨
>>

> I was using the Amazon website on my desktop, via the Google Chrome
> browser. I've just tried the Amazon website on my ipad, using Google
> Chrome. Works perfectly for me. Were you perchance using the app?

I use an iPad that will use Safari, when I use Amazon app, it opens in
whatever app Amazon will use (default to without my intervening) I see no
indication that it is using Safari so I assume it is Amazon’s own app that
is used to view the pages. In the past, I have seen the option to change
currency and at one time, after browsing for summat or other, the page
changed to Merkin site complete with dollars. That was a long time back and
I have switched back to UK currency and been using that for a few years
-but now, USD rules and no apparent means of toggling the boodly thing back
again!!! HARR boodly RUMPH!!!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<WyHtv8WmP8DmFwb4@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22797&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22797

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 10:27:02 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 09:27 UTC

In message <uuocgp$19378$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:24:57,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
[]
>> I was using the Amazon website on my desktop, via the Google Chrome
>> browser. I've just tried the Amazon website on my ipad, using Google
>> Chrome. Works perfectly for me. Were you perchance using the app?
>>

>I use an iPad that will use Safari, when I use Amazon app, it opens in
>whatever app Amazon will use (default to without my intervening) I see no
>indication that it is using Safari so I assume it is Amazon’s own app that
>is used to view the pages. In the past, I have seen the option to change
>currency and at one time, after browsing for summat or other, the page
>changed to Merkin site complete with dollars. That was a long time back and
>I have switched back to UK currency and been using that for a few years
>-but now, USD rules and no apparent means of toggling the boodly thing back
>again!!! HARR boodly RUMPH!!!

(The more I hear about "apps", the more I am glad I don't use them!)

Can you - rather than "use Amazon app" - manually open a browser on the
device, then point that browser at amazon.co.uk? (Or does doing so cause
the "app" to open? If so, can you try with a different browser?) If that
doesn't work, can you use a different computer - even someone else's, as
long as you can log in as you - to change the currency?

"Scheisse," said Pooh, trying out his German.

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<uuolpr$1b7ma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22799&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22799

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:03:23 -0000 (UTC)
<WyHtv8WmP8DmFwb4@255soft.uk>
sha1:rK5AhgvvH0yW0XbU5ktd99NdLFA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:03 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <uuocgp$19378$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:24:57,
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>> John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> []
>>> I was using the Amazon website on my desktop, via the Google Chrome
>>> browser. I've just tried the Amazon website on my ipad, using Google
>>> Chrome. Works perfectly for me. Were you perchance using the app?
>>>

>> I use an iPad that will use Safari, when I use Amazon app, it opens in
>> whatever app Amazon will use (default to without my intervening) I see no
>> indication that it is using Safari so I assume it is Amazon’s own app that
>> is used to view the pages. In the past, I have seen the option to change
>> currency and at one time, after browsing for summat or other, the page
>> changed to Merkin site complete with dollars. That was a long time back and
>> I have switched back to UK currency and been using that for a few years
>> -but now, USD rules and no apparent means of toggling the boodly thing back
>> again!!! HARR boodly RUMPH!!!
>>
> (The more I hear about "apps", the more I am glad I don't use them!)
>
> Can you - rather than "use Amazon app" - manually open a browser on the
> device, then point that browser at amazon.co.uk? (Or does doing so cause
> the "app" to open? If so, can you try with a different browser?) If that
> doesn't work, can you use a different computer - even someone else's, as
> long as you can log in as you - to change the currency?

Problem solved (for now anyway!) I followed the Amazon instructions I found
on the web when I searched to solve the problem; I found my settings were
all as they should be and in GBP. I then decided to tap on the Bust icon at
the bottom of the main Amazon page and followed through to some more
settings and found that one of those was set for USD!!! Now changed to GBP
and it now displays good old Threadneedle Street coinage again. Why the
boodly hell there are two different sets of settings that can contradict
eachother - only Amazon would know!!!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22801&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22801

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:16:47 -0000 (UTC)
<WyHtv8WmP8DmFwb4@255soft.uk>
<uuolpr$1b7ma$1@dont-email.me>
sha1:lvI1Xvg0dWkDlztW7Bxaybo3Ars=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:16 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>> In message <uuocgp$19378$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:24:57,
>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>>> John Armstrong <jja@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> []
>>>>

>>> I use an iPad that will use Safari, when I use Amazon app, it opens in
>>> whatever app Amazon will use (default to without my intervening) I see no
>>> indication that it is using Safari so I assume it is Amazon’s own app that
>>> is used to view the pages. In the past, I have seen the option to change
>>> currency and at one time, after browsing for summat or other, the page
>>> changed to Merkin site complete with dollars. That was a long time back and
>>> I have switched back to UK currency and been using that for a few years
>>> -but now, USD rules and no apparent means of toggling the boodly thing back
>>> again!!! HARR boodly RUMPH!!!
>>>
>> (The more I hear about "apps", the more I am glad I don't use them!)
>>
>> Can you - rather than "use Amazon app" - manually open a browser on the
>> device, then point that browser at amazon.co.uk? (Or does doing so cause
>> the "app" to open? If so, can you try with a different browser?) If that
>> doesn't work, can you use a different computer - even someone else's, as
>> long as you can log in as you - to change the currency?
>
> Problem solved (for now anyway!) I followed the Amazon instructions I found
> on the web when I searched to solve the problem; I found my settings were
> all as they should be and in GBP. I then decided to tap on the Bust icon at
> the bottom of the main Amazon page and followed through to some more
> settings and found that one of those was set for USD!!! Now changed to GBP
> and it now displays good old Threadneedle Street coinage again. Why the
> boodly hell there are two different sets of settings that can contradict
> eachother - only Amazon would know!!!

If they can call the three lines indicating a drop down (or if at the
bottom of the screen, a rise up menu,) a ‘Hamburger’, then I can call the
head and shoulders icon a ‘Bust’!!!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<NtxbIxZgnAEmFwgX@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22806&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22806

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 15:25:36 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
References: <uuk1ch$1odr$1@dont-email.me> <g53r0j5vs43ugl21itcgihj471f7iudvm1@4ax.com> <l75hi4F1s89U1@mid.individual.net> <uuk558$2ld8$1@dont-email.me> <uuk9ga$3n95$1@dont-email.me> <l774dtFe4ceU1@mid.individual.net> <XJQdRVQ4kmDmFwYN@255soft.uk> <uum58k$ks15$1@dont-email.me> <l79p35Fq9crU1@mid.individual.net> <uuocgp$19378$1@dont-email.me> <WyHtv8WmP8DmFwb4@255soft.uk> <uuolpr$1b7ma$1@dont-email.me> <uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me>
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 14:25 UTC

In message <uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:16:47,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
[]
>> Problem solved (for now anyway!) I followed the Amazon instructions I found
>> on the web when I searched to solve the problem; I found my settings were
>> all as they should be and in GBP. I then decided to tap on the Bust icon at
>> the bottom of the main Amazon page and followed through to some more
>> settings and found that one of those was set for USD!!! Now changed to GBP
>> and it now displays good old Threadneedle Street coinage again. Why the
>> boodly hell there are two different sets of settings that can contradict
>> eachother - only Amazon would know!!!
>>

>If they can call the three lines indicating a drop down (or if at the
>bottom of the screen, a rise up menu,) a ‘Hamburger’, then I can call the
>head and shoulders icon a ‘Bust’!!!

I have no problem with currency, but I looked for curiosity: at the
bottom of the main Amazon page (I assume you mean what appears when you
go to amazon.co.uk), I see no bust icon - lots of links, but they're all
text; below "Your browsing history", which is the bottom graphical
section, the only non-text thing I see is footer_logo, their name with
the smile arrow under it.

No problem - I have the two ways of changing the currency, and I'm in
pounds anyway.

"I'm a self-made man, thereby demonstrating once again the perils of unskilled
labor..." - Harlan Ellison

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<uupar3$1gacr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22807&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22807

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:02:27 -0000 (UTC)
<WyHtv8WmP8DmFwb4@255soft.uk>
<uuolpr$1b7ma$1@dont-email.me>
<uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me>
<NtxbIxZgnAEmFwgX@255soft.uk>
sha1:4vUZwnPsHrGt0GXzjCd39DNMohg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:02 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:16:47,
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> []
>>> Problem solved (for now anyway!) I followed the Amazon instructions I found
>>> on the web when I searched to solve the problem; I found my settings were
>>> all as they should be and in GBP. I then decided to tap on the Bust icon at
>>> the bottom of the main Amazon page and followed through to some more
>>> settings and found that one of those was set for USD!!! Now changed to GBP
>>> and it now displays good old Threadneedle Street coinage again. Why the
>>> boodly hell there are two different sets of settings that can contradict
>>> eachother - only Amazon would know!!!
>>>

>> If they can call the three lines indicating a drop down (or if at the
>> bottom of the screen, a rise up menu,) a ‘Hamburger’, then I can call the
>> head and shoulders icon a ‘Bust’!!!
>>
> I have no problem with currency, but I looked for curiosity: at the
> bottom of the main Amazon page (I assume you mean what appears when you
> go to amazon.co.uk), I see no bust icon - lots of links, but they're all
> text; below "Your browsing history", which is the bottom graphical
> section, the only non-text thing I see is footer_logo, their name with
> the smile arrow under it.
>
> No problem - I have the two ways of changing the currency, and I'm in
> pounds anyway.

Are you using an iPad in its’ native viewer and the Amazon app as
downloaded from the App Store Jpeg?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<QLs8R6bWYGEmFwhP@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22811&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22811

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:59:02 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 20:59 UTC

In message <uupar3$1gacr$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:02:27,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>> In message <uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:16:47,
>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> []
>>>>

>>> If they can call the three lines indicating a drop down (or if at the
>>> bottom of the screen, a rise up menu,) a ‘Hamburger’, then I can
>>>call the
>>> head and shoulders icon a ‘Bust’!!!
>>>
>> I have no problem with currency, but I looked for curiosity: at the
>> bottom of the main Amazon page (I assume you mean what appears when you
>> go to amazon.co.uk), I see no bust icon - lots of links, but they're all
>> text; below "Your browsing history", which is the bottom graphical
>> section, the only non-text thing I see is footer_logo, their name with
>> the smile arrow under it.
>>
>> No problem - I have the two ways of changing the currency, and I'm in
>> pounds anyway.
>
>Are you using an iPad in its’ native viewer and the Amazon app as
>downloaded from the App Store Jpeg?

No, just an ordinary browser (Chrome) on a Windows (7-32) laptop. Maybe,
since I have the flag and the hamburger menu, I don't need the bust.

Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard
(Spike Milligan)

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<MKZPN.8779$jC2.3214@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22812&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22812

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:07:56 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:07 UTC

On 05-Apr-24 12:16, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <uuocgp$19378$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:24:57,
>>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>>> []

>>> (The more I hear about "apps", the more I am glad I don't use them!)
>>>
>>> Can you - rather than "use Amazon app" - manually open a browser on the
>>> device, then point that browser at amazon.co.uk? (Or does doing so cause
>>> the "app" to open? If so, can you try with a different browser?) If that
>>> doesn't work, can you use a different computer - even someone else's, as
>>> long as you can log in as you - to change the currency?
>>
>> Problem solved (for now anyway!) I followed the Amazon instructions I found
>> on the web when I searched to solve the problem; I found my settings were
>> all as they should be and in GBP. I then decided to tap on the Bust icon at
>> the bottom of the main Amazon page and followed through to some more
>> settings and found that one of those was set for USD!!! Now changed to GBP
>> and it now displays good old Threadneedle Street coinage again. Why the
>> boodly hell there are two different sets of settings that can contradict
>> eachother - only Amazon would know!!!
>>

> If they can call the three lines indicating a drop down (or if at the
> bottom of the screen, a rise up menu,) a ‘Hamburger’, then I can call the
> head and shoulders icon a ‘Bust’!!!

I see no 'Bust' icons, but they do try to sell me a sports bra from time
to time.

(The combined offering of a 'bra' and 'sports' to me suggests that their
customer profiling algorithm really needs some fundamental improvements.)

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Has anyotherRat noticed

<uuqv24$1vbrg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22822&group=uk.media.radio.archers#22822

From: toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 07:53:40 -0000 (UTC)
<WyHtv8WmP8DmFwb4@255soft.uk>
<uuolpr$1b7ma$1@dont-email.me>
<uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me>
<NtxbIxZgnAEmFwgX@255soft.uk>
<uupar3$1gacr$1@dont-email.me>
<QLs8R6bWYGEmFwhP@255soft.uk>
sha1:rEnrkIvkYC0hPdPM2L1jccKDqKc=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 07:53 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <uupar3$1gacr$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:02:27,
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>> J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <uuomiv$1bd3g$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:16:47,
>>> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>>> []

>>> I have no problem with currency, but I looked for curiosity: at the
>>> bottom of the main Amazon page (I assume you mean what appears when you
>>> go to amazon.co.uk), I see no bust icon - lots of links, but they're all
>>> text; below "Your browsing history", which is the bottom graphical
>>> section, the only non-text thing I see is footer_logo, their name with
>>> the smile arrow under it.
>>>
>>> No problem - I have the two ways of changing the currency, and I'm in
>>> pounds anyway.
>>
>> Are you using an iPad in its’ native viewer and the Amazon app as
>> downloaded from the App Store Jpeg?
>>
> No, just an ordinary browser (Chrome) on a Windows (7-32) laptop. Maybe,
> since I have the flag and the hamburger menu, I don't need the bust.

The results may well be different then Jpeg.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan