hacker, n.: A master byter.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

SubjectAuthor
* This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanBrian
|`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromPeter Keller
|`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
|+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
||+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
|||`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
||`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
|`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
`* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
 +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
 +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
 `* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
  `* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
   +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
   +* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
   |+- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
   |`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
   `- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<b000d1f7-165a-45ad-b3c2-74de438d7906n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29383&group=uk.rec.cycling#29383

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 13:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:10 UTC

Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to stop climate change.

She has pedalled thousands of miles from Sweden to Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to deliver a simple message: Stop climate change.

The trip took 72-year-old activist Dorothee Hildebrandt and her pink e-bike — which she fondly calls Miss Piggy, after the temperamental character from The Muppet Show — more than four months.

She crisscrossed Europe and the Middle East until she arrived in Sharm el-Sheikh, at the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula.

Hildebrandt says her mission is to raise awareness and urge world leaders gathered at the annual UN climate conference known as COP27 to take concrete steps to stop climate change.

Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015.

Since her arrival a week ago, Hildebrandt and her e-bike have become a fixture at the summit. From a friend's place where she is staying, some 15 kilometres from the conference venue, she bikes to the city centre every day, meeting other activists and attending events.

“They really have to stop climate change,” Hildebrandt says of the world leaders.

“Even if it is uncomfortable," it has to be done — for the sake of the future.

“It was uncomfortable for me ... this long ride," she told The Associated Press. But she wanted to show that if there's a will, “you can do it," she said.

Past climate talks have traditionally seen very large protests at the end of the first week of the two-week summit, often drawing thousands. This year has been mostly muted, with sporadic and small demonstrations during the first week.

Activists have blamed the high cost of travel, accommodation and restrictions in the isolated Egyptian city for limiting numbers of demonstrators.

The largest demonstration so far was on Saturday, a day after US President Joe Biden made his stop at the summit. Hundreds of protesters chanted, sang, and danced in an area not far from where the negotiations were taking place amid tight security.

Born in the town of Kassel in central Germany, Hildebrandt says she got her first bicycle at the age of 10 and never stopped pedalling. In 1978 she moved with her husband to Sweden, where she worked cleaning houses and then trained in taking care of the elderly and people with disabilities.

She retired more than a decade ago. Her activism and biking, which she documents on social media, are for her two grandchildren, she says. A sign on her bike reads, “Biking for Future and Peace.”

In her hometown of Katrineholm, just north of Stockholm, the Swedish capital, she is part of “Grandmas for Future” group that focuses on raising climate change awareness.

Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most.

Unhappy with the results from the previous climate conference, COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland, she saw her chance in Sharm El Sheikh.

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/11/13/this-72-year-old-grandmother-cycled-more-than-8000km-from-sweden-to-egypt-for-cop27

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<u5k15r$9hil$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29386&group=uk.rec.cycling#29386

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:00:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qmRUhil5bVA0+kkpWHeBw0A+8CI=
 by: Brian - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:00 UTC

> Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and
> urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to
> stop climate change.
>
> She has pedalled thousands of miles from Sweden to Egypt's Red Sea resort
> of Sharm el-Sheikh to deliver a simple message: Stop climate change.
>
> The trip took 72-year-old activist Dorothee Hildebrandt and her pink
> e-bike — which she fondly calls Miss Piggy, after the temperamental
> character from The Muppet Show — more than four months.
>
> She crisscrossed Europe and the Middle East until she arrived in Sharm
> el-Sheikh, at the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula.
>
> Hildebrandt says her mission is to raise awareness and urge world leaders
> gathered at the annual UN climate conference known as COP27 to take
> concrete steps to stop climate change.
>
> Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount
> of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the
> temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015.
>
> Since her arrival a week ago, Hildebrandt and her e-bike have become a
> fixture at the summit. From a friend's place where she is staying, some
> 15 kilometres from the conference venue, she bikes to the city centre
> every day, meeting other activists and attending events.
>
> “They really have to stop climate change,” Hildebrandt says of the world leaders.
>
> “Even if it is uncomfortable," it has to be done — for the sake of the future.
>
> “It was uncomfortable for me ... this long ride," she told The Associated
> Press. But she wanted to show that if there's a will, “you can do it," she said.
>
> Past climate talks have traditionally seen very large protests at the end
> of the first week of the two-week summit, often drawing thousands. This
> year has been mostly muted, with sporadic and small demonstrations during the first week.
>
> Activists have blamed the high cost of travel, accommodation and
> restrictions in the isolated Egyptian city for limiting numbers of demonstrators.

They prefer to go to places with ski slopes, swimming pools, etc accessible
via airports - as has been shown in the past when the hypocrites are
exposed. Most of them have a ‘carbon footprint’ larger than most families
ever will.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke5l3dFl900U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29387&group=uk.rec.cycling#29387

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 5 Jun 2023 08:35:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 08:35 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and
>> urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to
>> stop climate change.
L >> Past climate talks have traditionally seen very large protests at the end
>> of the first week of the two-week summit, often drawing thousands. This
>> year has been mostly muted, with sporadic and small demonstrations during the first week.
>>
>> Activists have blamed the high cost of travel, accommodation and
>> restrictions in the isolated Egyptian city for limiting numbers of demonstrators.
>>

> They prefer to go to places with ski slopes, swimming pools, etc accessible
> via airports - as has been shown in the past when the hypocrites are
> exposed. Most of them have a ‘carbon footprint’ larger than most families
> ever will.

Just look at how many chartered jets flew the hypocrite delegates to COP26,
plus the $1m/week luxury yachts for the hypocrite uber-rich to stay in.

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<u5kdf7$ali4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29392&group=uk.rec.cycling#29392

From: muzhmuzh@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:29:59 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 10:29 UTC

On 5/06/23 08:10, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to stop climate change.

What steps?
The only step which has a chance of stopping climate change is to remove
80% of humans from this earth.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke5sufFmdl6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29393&group=uk.rec.cycling#29393

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 5 Jun 2023 10:49:51 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 10:49 UTC

Peter Keller <muzhmuzh@centrum.sk> wrote:
> On 5/06/23 08:10, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and
>> urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to
>> stop climate change.

> What steps?
> The only step which has a chance of stopping climate change is to remove
> 80% of humans from this earth.

I think the uber-rich want it nearer 95%, irrespective of whether or not
humans have a hand climate variability.

Note that a highly-disguised >20-year-long pause in rising temperatures is
or will be soon coming to an end, and the liars that support ACC will have
a field day with the resulting warming phase of the cycle.

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke5vbmFml9cU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29396&group=uk.rec.cycling#29396

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:31:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 11:31 UTC

> Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to stop climate change.
>
> She has pedalled thousands of miles from Sweden to Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to deliver a simple message: Stop climate change.
>
> The trip took 72-year-old activist Dorothee Hildebrandt and her pink e-bike — which she fondly calls Miss Piggy, after the temperamental character from The Muppet Show — more than four months.
>
> She crisscrossed Europe and the Middle East until she arrived in Sharm el-Sheikh, at the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula.
>
> Hildebrandt says her mission is to raise awareness and urge world leaders gathered at the annual UN climate conference known as COP27 to take concrete steps to stop climate change.
>
> Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015.
>
> Since her arrival a week ago, Hildebrandt and her e-bike have become a fixture at the summit. From a friend's place where she is staying, some 15 kilometres from the conference venue, she bikes to the city centre every day, meeting other activists and attending events.
>
> “They really have to stop climate change,” Hildebrandt says of the world leaders.
>
> “Even if it is uncomfortable," it has to be done — for the sake of the future.
>
> “It was uncomfortable for me ... this long ride," she told The Associated Press. But she wanted to show that if there's a will, “you can do it," she said.
>
> Past climate talks have traditionally seen very large protests at the end of the first week of the two-week summit, often drawing thousands. This year has been mostly muted, with sporadic and small demonstrations during the first week.
>
> Activists have blamed the high cost of travel, accommodation and restrictions in the isolated Egyptian city for limiting numbers of demonstrators.
>
> The largest demonstration so far was on Saturday, a day after US President Joe Biden made his stop at the summit. Hundreds of protesters chanted, sang, and danced in an area not far from where the negotiations were taking place amid tight security.
>
> Born in the town of Kassel in central Germany, Hildebrandt says she got her first bicycle at the age of 10 and never stopped pedalling. In 1978 she moved with her husband to Sweden, where she worked cleaning houses and then trained in taking care of the elderly and people with disabilities.

And with qualifications like that, she is eminently fit to be commenting
on matters of scientific gravity and importance.

We've seen other janitorial workers doing the same thing.

> She retired more than a decade ago. Her activism and biking, which she documents on social media, are for her two grandchildren, she says. A sign on her bike reads, “Biking for Future and Peace.”
>
> In her hometown of Katrineholm, just north of Stockholm, the Swedish capital, she is part of “Grandmas for Future” group that focuses on raising climate change awareness.
>
> Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most.
>
> Unhappy with the results from the previous climate conference, COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland, she saw her chance in Sharm El Sheikh.
>
> https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/11/13/this-72-year-old-grandmother-cycled-more-than-8000km-from-sweden-to-egypt-for-cop27

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<u5kt67$c5pp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29402&group=uk.rec.cycling#29402

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 14:58:16 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:X+gWYRLA+V/sR+Hvju0nRrM4Uuk=
 by: Brian - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 14:58 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 04/06/2023 09:10 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hildebrandt biked from Sweden to Sharm El Sheikh to raise awareness and
>> urge world leaders gathered at the conference to take concrete steps to
>> stop climate change.
>>
>> She has pedalled thousands of miles from Sweden to Egypt's Red Sea
>> resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to deliver a simple message: Stop climate change.
>>
>> The trip took 72-year-old activist Dorothee Hildebrandt and her pink
>> e-bike — which she fondly calls Miss Piggy, after the temperamental
>> character from The Muppet Show — more than four months.
>>
>> She crisscrossed Europe and the Middle East until she arrived in Sharm
>> el-Sheikh, at the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula.
>>
>> Hildebrandt says her mission is to raise awareness and urge world
>> leaders gathered at the annual UN climate conference known as COP27 to
>> take concrete steps to stop climate change.
>>
>> Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount
>> of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the
>> temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015.
>>
>> Since her arrival a week ago, Hildebrandt and her e-bike have become a
>> fixture at the summit. From a friend's place where she is staying, some
>> 15 kilometres from the conference venue, she bikes to the city centre
>> every day, meeting other activists and attending events.
>>
>> “They really have to stop climate change,” Hildebrandt says of the world leaders.
>>
>> “Even if it is uncomfortable," it has to be done — for the sake of the future.
>>
>> “It was uncomfortable for me ... this long ride," she told The
>> Associated Press. But she wanted to show that if there's a will, “you
>> can do it," she said.
>>
>> Past climate talks have traditionally seen very large protests at the
>> end of the first week of the two-week summit, often drawing thousands.
>> This year has been mostly muted, with sporadic and small demonstrations
>> during the first week.
>>
>> Activists have blamed the high cost of travel, accommodation and
>> restrictions in the isolated Egyptian city for limiting numbers of demonstrators.
>>
>> The largest demonstration so far was on Saturday, a day after US
>> President Joe Biden made his stop at the summit. Hundreds of protesters
>> chanted, sang, and danced in an area not far from where the negotiations
>> were taking place amid tight security.
>>
>> Born in the town of Kassel in central Germany, Hildebrandt says she got
>> her first bicycle at the age of 10 and never stopped pedalling. In 1978
>> she moved with her husband to Sweden, where she worked cleaning houses
>> and then trained in taking care of the elderly and people with disabilities.
>
> And with qualifications like that, she is eminently fit to be commenting
> on matters of scientific gravity and importance.
>
> We've seen other janitorial workers doing the same thing.

It is remarkable how often we see people who are poorly qualified speaking
as if they are experts.

Attenborough’s qualifications are, shall we say, hardly impressive.
Packham is the same.

Compare them to David Bellamy - who was far better qualified - but spoke
out against global warming and was cancelled by the BBC.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke6d2tFoq9dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29403&group=uk.rec.cycling#29403

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 5 Jun 2023 15:25:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 15:25 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 04/06/2023 09:10 pm, swldx...@gmail.com cut-and-pasted:

>>> Born in the town of Kassel in central Germany, Hildebrandt says she got
>>> her first bicycle at the age of 10 and never stopped pedalling. In 1978
>>> she moved with her husband to Sweden, where she worked cleaning houses
>>> and then trained in taking care of the elderly and people with disabilities.

>> And with qualifications like that, she is eminently fit to be commenting
>> on matters of scientific gravity and importance.

>> We've seen other janitorial workers doing the same thing.

> It is remarkable how often we see people who are poorly qualified speaking
> as if they are experts.

> Attenborough’s qualifications are, shall we say, hardly impressive.

> Packham is the same.
>
> Compare them to David Bellamy - who was far better qualified - but spoke
> out against global warming and was cancelled by the BBC.

WHS

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<19b298eb-d0dc-451c-992b-c65f98cb5cb3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29410&group=uk.rec.cycling#29410

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:51:56 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:51 UTC

QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS

So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke83qfF273nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29418&group=uk.rec.cycling#29418

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 06:59:27 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:59 UTC

> QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to
> pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss
> and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished
> countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS

> So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!

The Labour Party will do that for them.

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<3e18b0c2-7f30-43a8-b28e-e0812f22c97bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29420&group=uk.rec.cycling#29420

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 00:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 07:08 UTC

On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 8:51:57 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS
>
> So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!

Still well below the £6.22 I got just before the GoM disaster in 2010.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke88j0F2unnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29422&group=uk.rec.cycling#29422

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 08:20:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 08:20 UTC

> On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 8:51:57 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to
>> pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss
>> and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished
>> countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS
>>
>> So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!
>
> Still well below the £6.22 I got just before the GoM disaster in 2010.

When Labour start raiding your savings in order to fund their dreadful
accelerated net-zero ‘renewables’ programme, look forward to your shares
plunging to rock bottom.

Well, someone has to pay for it, and Labour governments’ major
characteristic is to run out of other people’s money in pursuing its
unrealistic goals.

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<572eddb7-e173-4eda-acb2-3c74f38f111fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29425&group=uk.rec.cycling#29425

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 04:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:10 UTC

On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 8:08:05 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 8:51:57 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS
> >
> > So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!
> Still well below the £6.22 I got just before the GoM disaster in 2010.

Took a £20000 lump sum around the Baltic states on a long holiday, which was ruined by CNN showing oil gushing into the sea for weeks on end.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke8k6uF4ku8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29431&group=uk.rec.cycling#29431

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:39:10 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:39 UTC

> QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS
>
> So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!

Care-home assistants with janitorial experience are world-renowned as
experts on the history and future of International Economics, aren't they?

Janitorial workers seem to suffer from all sorts of delusions.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke8kabF4ku8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29432&group=uk.rec.cycling#29432

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:40:59 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:40 UTC

On 06/06/2023 08:08 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 8:51:57 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS
>>
>> So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!
>
> Still well below the £6.22 I got just before the GoM disaster in 2010.

A week?

Or an hour?

Even per hour, that was low pay. But for some low-skilled jobs, of
course, low pay is endemic. And probably correct.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke8kc5F4ku8U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29433&group=uk.rec.cycling#29433

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:41:57 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:41 UTC

> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 8:08:05 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 8:51:57 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> QUOTE: Hildebrandt says she also wants Western industrialized nations to pay for the destruction they have caused so far — an issue called loss and damage, about reparations from big polluters to impoverished countries that have been hurt the most. ENDS
>>>
>>> So long as they don't come for my BP pension and shares!
>> Still well below the £6.22 I got just before the GoM disaster in 2010.
>
> Took a £20000 lump sum around the Baltic states on a long holiday, which was ruined by CNN showing oil gushing into the sea for weeks on end.

Word salad?

Or a Beat The Clock puzzle?

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<53fa1a5a-ef0b-471b-a19b-4ed2ddb7ad94n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29434&group=uk.rec.cycling#29434

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 05:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:35 UTC

QUOTE: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015. ENDS

The swivels now hail the ex-plant wibbler, David Bellamy, as a climate "expert" despite him being totally deluded and wrong on the subject.

https://www.desmog.com/2009/03/30/david-bellamy-wrong-climate-change-science/

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke8q5mF5hreU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29437&group=uk.rec.cycling#29437

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 13:20:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:20 UTC

> QUOTE: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the
> amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet
> the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015. ENDS
>
> The swivels now hail the ex-plant wibbler, David Bellamy, as a climate
> "expert" despite him being totally deluded and wrong on the subject.
>
> https://www.desmog.com/2009/03/30/david-bellamy-wrong-climate-change-science/

QUOTE

The so-called “hockey stick” graph has been recalculated several times
using updated data and always shows the same thing: that the climate we are
experiencing now is warmer that anything in recorded history.

ENDQUOTE

What they aren’t telling you is that you can feed whatever data you like
into the model, and it results in a hockey-stick graph!

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke8qnmF5kbhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29438&group=uk.rec.cycling#29438

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 13:30:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:30 UTC

> QUOTE: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the
> amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet
> the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015. ENDS
>
> The swivels now hail the ex-plant wibbler, David Bellamy, as a climate
> "expert" despite him being totally deluded and wrong on the subject.

> https://www.desmog.com/2009/03/30/david-bellamy-wrong-climate-change-science/

What they aren’t telling you is that at the start of the Holocene (the
current interglacial period) it was at least 2.5 degrees warmer than now.
The real questions are: why is the planet so cool, and why do we want to
stop it reaching its natural temperature?

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke8rbpF5mngU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29439&group=uk.rec.cycling#29439

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 14:41:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:41 UTC

> QUOTE: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015. ENDS
>
> The swivels now hail the ex-plant wibbler, David Bellamy, as a climate "expert" despite him being totally deluded and wrong on the subject.
>
> https://www.desmog.com/2009/03/30/david-bellamy-wrong-climate-change-science/

....and Mad Mason has definitely NOT mentioned David Bellamy because
Brian had mentioned him.

Oh no.

Heavens forfend.

After all, Mad Mason never *sees* any of Brian's posts.

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<88bae060-0a7c-4425-8adf-a37b75079567n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29444&group=uk.rec.cycling#29444

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:47:01 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:47 UTC

On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 1:35:07 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015. ENDS
>
> The swivels now hail the ex-plant wibbler, David Bellamy, as a climate "expert" despite him being totally deluded and wrong on the subject.
>
> https://www.desmog.com/2009/03/30/david-bellamy-wrong-climate-change-science/

Follow the money as always:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8aM5kaEAU1jE-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke91rhF6mfuU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29449&group=uk.rec.cycling#29449

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 15:32:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 15:32 UTC

> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 1:35:07 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise and scientists say the
>> amount of heat-trapping gases needs to be almost halved by 2030, to meet
>> the temperature-limiting goals of the Paris climate accord of 2015. ENDS
>>
>> The swivels now hail the ex-plant wibbler, David Bellamy, as a climate
>> "expert" despite him being totally deluded and wrong on the subject.
>>
>> https://www.desmog.com/2009/03/30/david-bellamy-wrong-climate-change-science/
>
> Follow the money as always:
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8aM5kaEAU1jE-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Moron. “90% of scientists” don’t work in the climate science area.

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<7159b243-e1ca-41e3-bafa-e9d0ec206f03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29456&group=uk.rec.cycling#29456

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 09:41:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 16:41 UTC

Of course the gammon think that NASA was lying about the Moon landings as well.
-----------------------
While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years.

According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), "Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact."1

Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores, rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate.

From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a warming planet abounds.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke9982F7q3nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29464&group=uk.rec.cycling#29464

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 17:38:10 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 17:38 UTC

> Of course the gammon think that NASA was lying about the Moon landings as well.
> -----------------------
> While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current
> warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years.
>
> According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC),
> "Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the
> influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has
> evolved from theory to established fact."

You are aware that the connection between the two paragraphs quoted above
is somewhat glossed over.

> Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores,
> rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and
> instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate.

The Vostok ice cores show signs of a changing climate for the last 500,000
years: 20,000 years of warmth followed by 80,000 years of an ice-age.

> From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a
> warming planet abounds.

It’s what happens when ice ages end…

> https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<48b69ee7-f4ff-4f64-b48a-24a9fe0f2921n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29470&group=uk.rec.cycling#29470

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:31:11 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 20:31 UTC

Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 800,000 years, there have been eight cycles of ice ages and warmer periods, with the end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

https://climate.nasa.gov/rails/active_storage/representations/redirect/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaHBBL21HQWc9PSIsImV4cCI6bnVsbCwicHVyIjoiYmxvYl9pZCJ9fQ==--4812b9bf091c9336103c69f02f5c5b36bf982de5/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaDdCam9MWm05eWJXRjBPZ2wzWldKdyIsImV4cCI6bnVsbCwicHVyIjoidmFyaWF0aW9uIn19--308d105b858fde2aa7c2bd953e87f719e2dd73bb/CO2_graph.jpeg?content_type=image%2Fwebp&disposition=inline