A penny saved is ridiculous.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

SubjectAuthor
* This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanBrian
|`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromPeter Keller
|`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
|+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
||+* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
|||`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
||`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
|`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
`* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
 +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
 +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
 `* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
  `* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
   +- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
   +* Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com
   |+- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more thanSpike
   |`- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromJNugent
   `- Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km fromswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke9p0pFa4qiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29480&group=uk.rec.cycling#29480

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than
8,000km from Sweden to Egypt
Date: 6 Jun 2023 22:07:22 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 22:07 UTC

> Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 800,000
> years, there have been eight cycles of ice ages and warmer periods, with
> the end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning
> of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these
> climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit
> that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

So the effect of the Sun is far greater than the effect of human activity!

We don’t need to control CO2, we need to circularise the Earth’s orbit!

So why are we spending $trillions of farting about with CO2?

Apart from making some people a shedload of money…

--
Spike

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<ke9p1kFa3qfU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29481&group=uk.rec.cycling#29481

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from
Sweden to Egypt
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 23:07:46 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 22:07 UTC

> Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 800,000 years, there have been eight cycles of ice ages and warmer periods, with the end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

Well, either that or it was those pesky Neanderthals driving those
Range-Rovers of theirs.

> https://climate.nasa.gov/rails/active_storage/representations/redirect/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaHBBL21HQWc9PSIsImV4cCI6bnVsbCwicHVyIjoiYmxvYl9pZCJ9fQ==--4812b9bf091c9336103c69f02f5c5b36bf982de5/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaDdCam9MWm05eWJXRjBPZ2wzWldKdyIsImV4cCI6bnVsbCwicHVyIjoidmFyaWF0aW9uIn19--308d105b858fde2aa7c2bd953e87f719e2dd73bb/CO2_graph.jpeg?content_type=image%2Fwebp&disposition=inline

Re: This 72 year old climate activist cycled more than 8,000km from Sweden to Egypt

<8faf3369-c96d-4981-9e23-fcd2a4fbb3cdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29487&group=uk.rec.cycling#29487

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 21:15:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sweden to Egypt
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 04:15 UTC

Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 800,000 years, there have been eight cycles of ice ages and warmer periods, with the end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

The current warming trend is different because it is clearly the result of human activities since the mid-1800s, and is proceeding at a rate not seen over many recent millennia.1 It is undeniable that human activities have produced the atmospheric gases that have trapped more of the Sun’s energy in the Earth system. This extra energy has warmed the atmosphere, ocean, and land, and widespread and rapid changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere, and biosphere have occurred.

Earth-orbiting satellites and new technologies have helped scientists see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate all over the world. These data, collected over many years, reveal the signs and patterns of a changing climate.

Scientists demonstrated the heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases in the mid-19th century.2 Many of the science instruments NASA uses to study our climate focus on how these gases affect the movement of infrared radiation through the atmosphere. From the measured impacts of increases in these gases, there is no question that increased greenhouse gas levels warm Earth in response.

"Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal."

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/