Someone is speaking well of you. How unusual!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

SubjectAuthor
* 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
|`* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aSimon Mason
| `- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aSimon Mason
|+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
|+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
||`- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
|`- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aSimon Mason
|`- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
|`- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
|`- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
|`* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
| +* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
| |`* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
| | `* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
| |  `- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
| `- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
+* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
| `* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
|  `- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed forSpike
`* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
 `* Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aSimon Mason
  +- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aJNugent
  `- Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing aswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<kfjetmFnjvfU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30303&group=uk.rec.cycling#30303

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:32:39 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:32 UTC

> Agreed. There's no reason why rehabilitation can't work for all but a tiny number, provided the resources are available.
>
> However, like millions of others, he can still contribute to society without ever having a driving licence again. Lifetime ban please.

Which provision, of which Act of Parliament?

A proper answer, please - or you are an idiot.

Oh... hang on...

> And I'd like to see him make a public information video about the life he ended and the consequences both for him and for the victim's family. It should be shown to every driver found to have been dicking about with a phone while driving (and their phone to be smashed to pieces).

See above.

And I'm sure you'll agree that it'd be a good idea to crush the
fairy-bikes of chavs who ride them on footways or through red traffic
lights. No if, buts or maybes...

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<75581d8d-b578-4457-bf9b-380de99753bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30306&group=uk.rec.cycling#30306

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 10:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:41 UTC

On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 5:36:12 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: every driver found to have been dicking about with a phone while driving (and their phone to be smashed to pieces). ENDS
>
> That's a driver's trick when they try and destroy evidence - usually in vain.

The last one who tried it - the phone was reconstructed and the driver convicted.

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<c430aa4b-49eb-4e03-9b2e-1d637b968506n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30309&group=uk.rec.cycling#30309

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 10:53:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:53 UTC

40 min ago

That car landed in my best mates garden, it could have easily crashed into his house or hit him as he sat outside as he often did - luckily a tree stopped him but not before that poor man lost his life! That stretch of road is straight, even if you tried you'd struggle to go over a side ditch, straighten up and then fly over a 5/6ft wide drain, so he must have being doing well over 100mph. He should never be allowed behind the wheel again!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/paramedic-who-downed-10-pints-8543769#comments-wrapper

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<ba049795-35f8-4e04-84d8-9f1e79281778n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30310&group=uk.rec.cycling#30310

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:36 UTC

On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 6:41:14 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 5:36:12 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: every driver found to have been dicking about with a phone while driving (and their phone to be smashed to pieces). ENDS
> >
> > That's a driver's trick when they try and destroy evidence - usually in vain.
> The last one who tried it - the phone was reconstructed and the driver convicted.

A lorry driver who ploughed into a broken-down car killing three people moments after watching a seven-minute Ladbible video and while typing on a sat-nav app on his mobile phone has been jailed for 12 years.

Michal Kopaniarz previously pleaded guilty to three charges of causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the four-vehicle crash on the A303 near Andover, Hampshire, on August 25, 2021.

The 39-year-old also admitted perverting the course of justice by breaking the Samsung mobile phone he had been using.

University graduate Alex Britton, 28, food delivery driver Tina Ince, 58, and recovery driver Tom Watson, 30, died of “catastrophic injuries”.

Simon Jones, prosecuting, told Winchester Crown Court that Ms Britton’s Vauxhall Astra had broken down and Ms Ince, from Southampton, had stopped in her Mercedes Sprinter food delivery van to help her.

Recovery driver Mr Watson also stopped when he saw the stationary vehicles still partly in the carriageway.

He was about to winch the Astra on to his recovery vehicle when the defendant’s HGV, travelling at 56mph, ploughed into the rear of the food van which had its hazard lights on.

This shunted the Mercedes into the Astra killing the three victims who were stood between the vehicles, Mr Jones said.

The prosecutor said that Kopaniarz had watched a seven minute-long Ladbible video from Facebook on his phone which he had gone on to share with a woman on Facebook Messenger 42 seconds prior to the collision.

And at the point of impact, the defendant had been typing the destination for his journey, a Co-op water bottle depot in Andover, into a mapping app.

The defendant continued driving at 56mph when the collision happened and he only applied emergency braking at about 0.2 to 0.5 seconds or nine to 12 metres before impact despite having a clear view of the vehicles for 170m.

The court was shown dash-cam footage from Kopaniarz’s lorry as it drove towards the halted traffic and failed to slow down before the collision.

Following the crash, Kopaniarz was captured on dash-cam footage snapping his Samsung phone into two pieces which police later rebuilt to obtain the data from it.

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<kfjiviFo92hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30312&group=uk.rec.cycling#30312

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for
Date: 22 Jun 2023 18:41:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:41 UTC

You’ve posted this story (or very close versions of it) some four times
now.

What are you trying to deflect attention from?

As if we couldn’t guess…

--
Spike

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<9f18e30b-add1-4085-936b-9ae4b1f98c5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30318&group=uk.rec.cycling#30318

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:09:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:09 UTC

Disgusting !! Wtf is this country coming to ?? Taking a life whilst Drink driving should be classed as MURDER.

23 min ago

Said that for a long time. You should be made to sign a declaration when passing your test that drink driving and dangerous driving you pay with a proper sentence.

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<kfjt7iFpps4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30322&group=uk.rec.cycling#30322

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Jun 2023 21:36:50 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:36 UTC

> Disgusting !! Wtf is this country coming to ?? Taking a life whilst
> Drink driving should be classed as MURDER.
>
> 23 min ago
>
> Said that for a long time. You should be made to sign a declaration when
> passing your test that drink driving and dangerous driving you pay with a proper sentence.

What’s your take on giving drunken killer cyclists proper sentences?

--
Spike

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<kfjtnrFps72U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30328&group=uk.rec.cycling#30328

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Jun 2023 21:45:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:45 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Disgusting !! Wtf is this country coming to ?? Taking a life whilst
>> Drink driving should be classed as MURDER.
>>
>> 23 min ago
>>
>> Said that for a long time. You should be made to sign a declaration when
>> passing your test that drink driving and dangerous driving you pay with
>> a proper sentence.
>
> What’s your take on giving drunken killer cyclists proper sentences?

Or, for that matter, sober killer cyclists and proper sentences?

--
Spike

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<a78fa080-8872-4f8a-b683-0c0ba07ba921n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30336&group=uk.rec.cycling#30336

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 05:38 UTC

Let's work this out 5 years 4 month for murder? MMM? Half that? 2 years 8 months Big MMM?. Deffo got tagging as in a cat D prison? That's means probably done about 20 months prison for murder?? But the guy 5 kids all got life sentence? Because got no dad now. And Mr murderer off bk work as if nothing happened . He drunk 10 pints because was stressed out? Don't no what this silly country coming too?

All because he wanted to go see his mistress, 2 families suffering here and he gets the option to go back to work as normal, but how can he do that with no driving licence and a criminal record that should be classed as murder

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<kfl750F1cr9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30358&group=uk.rec.cycling#30358

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:32:16 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:32 UTC

On 23/06/2023 06:38 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Let's work this out 5 years 4 month for murder?

Did the CPS authorise a charge of murder?

Did the paramedic plead guilty to it or was there a trial (ask an adult
what all that means)?

> MMM?

"3,000"?

What are you on about?

> Half that? 2 years 8 months Big MMM?.

Definitely not 3,000 years or months.

Not even for your imaginary charge of "murder".

> Deffo got tagging as in a cat D prison?

Beat The Clock game revived?

> That's means probably done about 20 months prison for murder??

See above re actions of CPS.

> But the guy 5 kids all got life sentence? Because got no dad now. And Mr murderer

You might "think" you're safe there, but even convicted drink-drivers
have rights under the law.

> off bk work as if nothing happened . He drunk 10 pints because was stressed out? Don't no what this silly country coming too?

A good question. It's sunk so far that a few people "think" that
chav-cycling is an acceptable "choice" to foist upon a very reluctant
general public.

> All because he wanted to go see his mistress, 2 families suffering here and he gets the option to go back to work as normal, but how can he do that with no driving licence and a criminal record that should be classed as murder

Have you asked the CPS and your brother trial judge about that, M'Lud?

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<b004cde1-c5ec-4f3e-98f9-05722ca71182n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30360&group=uk.rec.cycling#30360

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:36 UTC

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 06:38:50 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Let's work this out 5 years 4 month for murder? MMM? Half that? 2 years 8 months Big MMM?. Deffo got tagging as in a cat D prison? That's means probably done about 20 months prison for murder?? But the guy 5 kids all got life sentence? Because got no dad now. And Mr murderer off bk work as if nothing happened . He drunk 10 pints because was stressed out? Don't no what this silly country coming too?
>
> All because he wanted to go see his mistress, 2 families suffering here and he gets the option to go back to work as normal, but how can he do that with no driving licence and a criminal record that should be classed as murder

He was clocked at 100mph by the crash investigators - while pissed up.

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<kfl7vkF1f0sU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30372&group=uk.rec.cycling#30372

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:46:28 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:46 UTC

On 23/06/2023 10:36 am, Simon Mason...

.... pretending to be two people and to answer only his own posts (under
either name):

> On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 06:38:50 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Let's work this out 5 years 4 month for murder? MMM? Half that? 2 years 8 months Big MMM?. Deffo got tagging as in a cat D prison? That's means probably done about 20 months prison for murder?? But the guy 5 kids all got life sentence? Because got no dad now. And Mr murderer off bk work as if nothing happened . He drunk 10 pints because was stressed out? Don't no what this silly country coming too?
>> All because he wanted to go see his mistress, 2 families suffering here and he gets the option to go back to work as normal, but how can he do that with no driving licence and a criminal record that should be classed as murder

> He was clocked at 100mph by the crash investigators - while pissed up.

"Clocked" AFTER the event?

They have a time machine, then?

Re: 'Idiotic' drink-driving off-duty paramedic jailed for killing a cyclist after downing 10 pints of Guinness then veering on the wrong side of the road escapes being struck off

<70997d3c-c187-4b1b-b053-a067c73d2e5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30375&group=uk.rec.cycling#30375

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 03:25:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:25 UTC

On Friday, June 23, 2023 at 10:36:03 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 06:38:50 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Let's work this out 5 years 4 month for murder? MMM? Half that? 2 years 8 months Big MMM?. Deffo got tagging as in a cat D prison? That's means probably done about 20 months prison for murder?? But the guy 5 kids all got life sentence? Because got no dad now. And Mr murderer off bk work as if nothing happened . He drunk 10 pints because was stressed out? Don't no what this silly country coming too?
> >
> > All because he wanted to go see his mistress, 2 families suffering here and he gets the option to go back to work as normal, but how can he do that with no driving licence and a criminal record that should be classed as murder
> He was clocked at 100mph by the crash investigators - while pissed up.

paulittecc2, durham, United Kingdom, 11 months ago

He has a wife but was driving to see his girlfriend. Poor wife. I feel so much for the innocent family involved. My heart goes out to them.