WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

SubjectAuthor
* When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions in the USSpike
+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsJNugent
|`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsJNugent
+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|`* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
| `* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|  +- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  +* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|  |+- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  |+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|  ||+* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  |||`* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsJNugent
|  ||| `- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  ||`* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|  || `- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  |`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsJNugent
|  +* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|  |`* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  | `- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|  `* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
|   +- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
|   `- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
 +* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
 |`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike
 +* Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsswldx...@gmail.com
 |`- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsJNugent
 `- Re: When covering car-cyclist collisionsSpike

Pages:12
Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km5mjfFk6reU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32888&group=uk.rec.cycling#32888

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions
Date: 10 Sep 2023 11:11:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 11:11 UTC

Dated 12:52, 12 JUN 2023, three months ago.

Are you looking for ‘evidence’ to support whatever agenda it is that you
are trying to project?

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<c0da72f6-a554-4a6a-b1ff-4a0b0abb0117n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32896&group=uk.rec.cycling#32896

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 05:14:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 12:14 UTC

A car involved in a fatal crash which claimed the lives of four young people was travelling at speeds up to 96 mph before the driver lost control and hit a tree, an inquest has heard.

The yellow Skoda Fabia, driven by 21-year-old Joshua Parkes had caught the interest of a police patrol a few minutes before the deadly collision just before 9pm on October 13 2020.

Earlier, police had spotted the Skoda and found Parkes did not appear to be insured, however officers lost sight of the vehicle almost immediately.

A later investigation by the police watchdog concluded there was no evidence the police “caused or contributed” to the fatal crash.

Mr Parkes, who Black Country Coroner’s Court heard on Thursday sped along Bromley Lane, Kingswinford, Dudley, at more than three times the 30mph limit, lost control, ploughing through a lamppost and hitting a mature tree.

The speed of the collision, after “heavy braking”, was later calculated at 43mph.

Construction shed builder Mr Parkes, a provisional licence holder who only seconds before the events leading up to crash had answered his phone to a friend, suffered fatal injuries.

His passengers; Nathan Cartwright, aged 18, Lucy Tibbetts and Isabelle Floyd, both 16, all either died at the scene or later in hospital.

A fifth passenger, a girl, was left with serious injuries but survived.

In tributes read to court, powder-coating worker Mr Cartwright was described as “sensitive and kind-hearted” with a “cheeky smile and an infectious laugh” whose life was “cruelly snatched away”.

Ms Tibbetts, one of five siblings and originally from Kidderminster, Worcestershire, had overcome “relentless bullying” to take up an apprenticeship, and “had found a happy place to be in life” before the crash.

Ms Floyd, known as Izzie, had “the most infectious personality” and as a keen dancer had left behind “some amazing TikTok videos to cherish forever” before she was “so cruelly taken”.

An inquest, held by area coroner Joanne Lees into the deaths, heard Mr Cartwright had been the only person wearing a seatbelt in the car, which was heading to Kinver, Staffordshire.

However, the coroner heard expert opinion from a crash investigator that seatbelts would “not necessarily ensure survivability”.

Giving evidence, West Midlands Police senior collision investigator Andrew Salt concluded: “The primary cause of the collision was the speed at which (Joshua) Parkes deliberately chose to drive along Bromley Lane.”

Mr Salt, with 24 years’ experience, told how examination of roadside CCTV and dashcam showed that at times the Skoda was being “entirely voluntarily” driven on the wrong side of the road.

At one point Mr Parkes narrowly avoided a crash with an on-coming vehicle, while trying to take “the racing line” of the bend, on the wrong side of the road.

Mr Salt said the fact of the oncoming car meant Parkes had to steer back onto the correct side of the road “and it was that, that precipitated the loss of control (of the car)”.

Clarifying the point, Mr Salt added: “The Skoda could not have got around the bend at the speed it was travelling at, using the correct side of the carriageway.”

He added that as Mr Parkes negotiated the bends after that near-miss, his “interpretation is the driver felt he was going to strike the near-side kerb, approaching very quickly indeed and basically steered very abruptly to the right”.

At least two of the car’s tyres were later found to be under-inflated, including the front near-side which was up to only 17PSI – possibly from an undetected slow puncture – as well as the rear off-side.

It was his opinion low tyre pressures were “a contributory factor” to the crash.

The Skoda hit a kerb, clipping a bus stop post which ripped off the rear bumper, “felling” a reinforced concrete lamppost before a “substantial” impact with the tree.

The coroner concluded Mr Parkes’ died of misadventure – “a deliberate act which goes wrong” – while his the passengers’ died as a result of a road traffic collision.

Ms Lees said: “I am quite satisfied the actions of the Skoda driver were entirely of his own choice and one can only imagine how terrifying it must have been for occupants at the point the Skoda reached speeds of 96mph and travelling on the wrong side of the road.

“I am entirely satisfied the cause of the collision were the actions of Mr Parkes, as the driver of the Skoda, and that the speed and manner in which he drove the Skoda were significant factors in the collision.”

The inquest heard the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) carried out an investigation, because of the police’s presence prior to the collision.

In its report, the IOPC concluded it was “not in receipt of any evidence the police may have caused or contributed to the deaths” of those in the car.

The coroner said: “Whatever precipitated the actions of the driver of the Skoda, the Skoda was not being actively pursued or followed directly by the marked police car.”

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/death-crash-car-driven-at-speeds-up-to-96mph-before-hitting-tree-inquest-told-3362440

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km60vdFlq8bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32899&group=uk.rec.cycling#32899

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 14:08:45 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:08 UTC

Dated 27th Aug 2021, 13:26 BST
Updated 27th Aug 2021, 13:29 BST

So this ‘news’ is two years old and has no connection to cycling.

One must wonder at the morbid psyche that needs to post such material.

<0f77c8f3-4993-4f47-b77e-a9d33d3b4b8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32904&group=uk.rec.cycling#32904

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:15 UTC

A 12-year-old girl and a man have died after the car in which they were travelling hit a tree and overturned on a main road through Telford.

The crash happened in the Trench area of the A442 at 02:10 BST. The 36-year-old driver and his passenger were confirmed dead at the scene.

Two boys, aged 13 and 16, who were also passengers, were taken to hospital with substantial injuries.

Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact West Mercia Police.

The black Renault Clio was travelling northbound near to Wombridge interchange when it left the road, the force said.

The road was closed for a number of hours between the Trench Lock Interchange, heading south, and the northbound exit slip road just before the Wombridge Interchange.

PC Craig Byle said: ''Our thoughts are with the family and friends at this sad time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-66715058

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km66kkFmmgtU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32912&group=uk.rec.cycling#32912

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 15:45:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:45 UTC

Can’t quite see where the cyclist was involved in this incident.

What was the point of posting this?

> A 12-year-old girl and a man have died after the car in which they were
> travelling hit a tree and overturned on a main road through Telford.
>
> The crash happened in the Trench area of the A442 at 02:10 BST. The
> 36-year-old driver and his passenger were confirmed dead at the scene.
>
> Two boys, aged 13 and 16, who were also passengers, were taken to
> hospital with substantial injuries.
>
> Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact West Mercia Police.
>
> The black Renault Clio was travelling northbound near to Wombridge
> interchange when it left the road, the force said.
>
> The road was closed for a number of hours between the Trench Lock
> Interchange, heading south, and the northbound exit slip road just before
> the Wombridge Interchange.
>
> PC Craig Byle said: ''Our thoughts are with the family and friends at this sad time."
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-66715058

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<3b850833-650c-422b-8289-2815ecb284e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32916&group=uk.rec.cycling#32916

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 09:06:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:06 UTC

Two men have died after their car left an Oxfordshire road and hit a tree. The red BMW has been travelling on the A4130 between Bix and Nettlebed, near Henley, when it came off the road.

Both men, aged 22 and 19 and from Reading and Henley, were pronounced dead at the scene. Thames Valley Police is now appealing for witnesses to the incident, which took place at around 10.45pm on Friday (February 3).

PC Matthew Stansfield of the Joint Operations Roads Policing Unit, said: “Sadly two men have died following this collision. Our thoughts are with their families who have been informed and are being supported by officers. We are appealing for further information in connection with this incident, and would ask anyone with further information to get in touch.

“We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the red BMW travelling prior to the incident or has seen the collision. Additionally if anyone has dash-cam footage we would ask them to please check it to see if it shows anything that could assist. Please upload any footage to our online portal page. Or if you have information please call 101 quoting reference 43230052260.”

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km6qqrFppmhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32932&group=uk.rec.cycling#32932

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Sep 2023 21:30:03 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 21:30 UTC

> Two men have died after their car left an Oxfordshire road and hit a
> tree. The red BMW has been travelling on the A4130 between Bix and
> Nettlebed, near Henley, when it came off the road.
>
> Both men, aged 22 and 19 and from Reading and Henley, were pronounced
> dead at the scene. Thames Valley Police is now appealing for witnesses to
> the incident, which took place at around 10.45pm on Friday (February 3).

Did any witnesses come forward? It’s been over seven months…if it happened
this year…

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<b82e0ab2-6123-4991-b0b1-b8151f7abaa6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32942&group=uk.rec.cycling#32942

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 23:38:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 06:38 UTC

A SECOND person has died after a car crashed into a tree on a busy road.

A 23-year-old woman from Carshalton, London, who was a front seat passenger, died at the scene when a grey smart car hit a tree on the A264 Snow Hill, near the Duke’s Head at 8.50pm on Wednesday.

The driver, a 29-year-old man from Battersea, London, died on Friday after being taken to St George’s Hospital in London with life-threatening injuries

A man, 28, who was a passenger in the back seat, suffered multiple fractures and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. Their families and next of kin have been informed.

Road closures were in place in the area while the scene was investigated.

Officers are appealing for anyone who saw the vehicle or who may have CCTV or dashcam footage from the area to get in contact by emailing: collision.appeal@sussex.pnn.police.uk and quote Operation Thorndon.

> Now investigating officers want to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time, around 4.20pm. "Officers are keen to speak with anyone who saw the collision, the vehicle and the manner in which it was being driven prior to the collision, or who has dashcam footage of the incident," a Warwickshire Police spokesman said.

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8190F12rmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32952&group=uk.rec.cycling#32952

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 08:26:08 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:26 UTC

> A SECOND person has died after a car crashed into a tree on a busy road.

So what was the tree doing on a busy road? Was it on a time trial?

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km81c8F136dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32953&group=uk.rec.cycling#32953

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 08:27:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:27 UTC

Spike <aero.spike@btinternet.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A SECOND person has died after a car crashed into a tree on a busy road.
>
> So what was the tree doing on a busy road? Was it on a time trial?

Good job the tree wasn’t in the peloton, eh?

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km89ceF2au9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32961&group=uk.rec.cycling#32961

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 10:44:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:44 UTC

> An 87-year-old woman has been killed in a one-vehicle collision in Northumberland.

And what developments have there been in the seven weeks since this sad
event?

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<f03cf270-5a02-46c8-b74a-57b4ece50260n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32964&group=uk.rec.cycling#32964

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 04:51:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 11:51 UTC

The A451 Minster Road was closed for several hours following the crash, which happened near the Wyre Forest Crematorium and Cemetery around 7.56am and saw a Blue Jeep Cherokee leave the road while travelling towards Stourport-on-Severn and hit a tree.

West Mercia Police, West Midlands Ambulance Service and Midlands Air Ambulance attended the scene, which was closed off to allow ambulance staff to administer advance life-support to the man, who was found in a critical condition.

However, despite the best efforts of ambulance staff, it became clear that the man could not be saved and was pronounced dead at the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “On arrival, crews discovered one car had been involved in a collision and the driver, a man, was in a critical condition.

“Ambulance staff immediately began administering advanced life-support but unfortunately, despite everyone’s best efforts, it soon became apparent that he could not be saved and was confirmed dead at the scene..”

West Mercia Police have now launched an appeal for witnesses and have asked for anyone with information to get in touch through calling 101, emailing PC Chris Woolman or by getting in touch with Crimestoppers.

A West Mercia Police spokesman said: "Officers are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the A451 in Stourport-on-Severn this morning..

"The collision happened at just before 8am this morning (Tuesday 23 May) on Minster Road in Stourport-on-Severn and involved a Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee.

"The vehicle was travelling towards Stourport-on-Severn when it left the road.

"Sadly, the driver of the car, a man aged 61-years-old, was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8dtbF315bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32965&group=uk.rec.cycling#32965

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:01:46 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:01 UTC

On 11/09/2023 11:25 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> An 87-year-old woman has been killed in a one-vehicle collision in Northumberland.
>
> Northumbria Police received reports of the crash on the A68 north of Bullocks Sawmill, Hexham, at around 5pm on Tuesday 25 July.
>
> It is understood that a silver Ford Fiesta Zetec was travelling northbound when it crossed onto the southbound carriageway and collided with a tree.
>
> Officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward, to establish the full circumstances of the collision.
>
> The 88-year-old male driver of the vehicle was taken to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
>
> The woman’s next of kin has been informed and are currently being supported by officers.
>
> The road was closed in both directions for a number of hours but has since fully reopened.
>
> A number of witnesses have already spoken to police, but officers are now asking anyone else who is yet to come forward to get in touch.
>
> They are especially interested in hearing from anyone who was travelling in the area at the time and may have dashcam footage.
>
> Sergeant Steven Chappell, of Northumbria Police, said: “This is a tragic incident which has sadly led to the death of a woman.
>
> “Our thoughts go out to her family and loved ones at this devastating time, and we will continue to support them in every way we can.
>
> “An investigation has been launched, and we are committed to establish the full circumstances leading up to the collision, and speak to anyone who may have information that could assist.
>
> “We are especially keen to hear from any passing motorists or witnesses who might have saw what happened, or have any CCTV or dashcam footage.
>
> “Any information, however small, could prove key as part of our investigation.”
>
> Anyone with information is asked to contact police using the ‘Tell Us Something’ page of the Northumbria Police website, or call 101, quoting log number NP-20230725-0885.

You had an orgasm whilst copying and pasting that, didn't you?

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8e46F32djU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32966&group=uk.rec.cycling#32966

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:05:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:05 UTC

> A car involved in a fatal crash which claimed the lives of four young people was travelling at speeds up to 96 mph before the driver lost control and hit a tree, an inquest has heard.
> The yellow Skoda Fabia, driven by 21-year-old Joshua Parkes had caught the interest of a police patrol a few minutes before the deadly collision just before 9pm on October 13 2020.

Oohh... That's a long time ago.

And a Skoda Fabia doing 96mph?

Was the radar calibration checked?

> Earlier, police had spotted the Skoda and found Parkes did not appear to be insured, however officers lost sight of the vehicle almost immediately.
> A later investigation by the police watchdog concluded there was no evidence the police “caused or contributed” to the fatal crash.

If no police officer was driving the Skoda, that's hardly a surprise.

> Mr Parkes, who Black Country Coroner’s Court heard on Thursday sped along Bromley Lane, Kingswinford, Dudley, at more than three times the 30mph limit, lost control, ploughing through a lamppost and hitting a mature tree.
> The speed of the collision, after “heavy braking”, was later calculated at 43mph.
> Construction shed builder Mr Parkes, a provisional licence holder who only seconds before the events leading up to crash had answered his phone to a friend, suffered fatal injuries.

Ah... so he was really just a qualified chav-cyclist. But fully
qualified for that.

> [...]
> “I am entirely satisfied the cause of the collision were the actions of Mr Parkes, as the driver of the Skoda, and that the speed and manner in which he drove the Skoda were significant factors in the collision.”
> The inquest heard the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) carried out an investigation, because of the police’s presence prior to the collision.
> In its report, the IOPC concluded it was “not in receipt of any evidence the police may have caused or contributed to the deaths” of those in the car.
> The coroner said: “Whatever precipitated the actions of the driver of the Skoda, the Skoda was not being actively pursued or followed directly by the marked police car.”

> https://www.nationalworld.com/news/death-crash-car-driven-at-speeds-up-to-96mph-before-hitting-tree-inquest-told-3362440

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8e5nF32djU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32967&group=uk.rec.cycling#32967

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:06:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:06 UTC

On 10/09/2023 04:45 pm, Spike wrote:

> Can’t quite see where the cyclist was involved in this incident.
>
> What was the point of posting this?

He found it orgasmic.

Possibly several times.

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A 12-year-old girl and a man have died after the car in which they were
>> travelling hit a tree and overturned on a main road through Telford.
>>
>> The crash happened in the Trench area of the A442 at 02:10 BST. The
>> 36-year-old driver and his passenger were confirmed dead at the scene.
>>
>> Two boys, aged 13 and 16, who were also passengers, were taken to
>> hospital with substantial injuries.
>>
>> Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact West Mercia Police.
>>
>> The black Renault Clio was travelling northbound near to Wombridge
>> interchange when it left the road, the force said.
>>
>> The road was closed for a number of hours between the Trench Lock
>> Interchange, heading south, and the northbound exit slip road just before
>> the Wombridge Interchange.
>>
>> PC Craig Byle said: ''Our thoughts are with the family and friends at this sad time."
>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-66715058

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<053815de-7933-44f2-be24-688161cd9615n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32968&group=uk.rec.cycling#32968

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 05:34:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:34 UTC

Hampshire Police say a woman has died after being hit by a car when she left her vehicle to inspect a fallen tree which was blocking the road.

The woman, in her 40s, had stepped out of her own car at around 11.50pm on Wednesday night in New Odiham Road, near Alton.

She and another motorist had left their vehicles to examine the tree, when they were both struck by a white Vauxhall Corsa.
Child seriously injured after car involved in chase crashes into wall

The woman was killed and the second woman, who was in her 50s, suffered minor injuries.

Hampshire Constabulary is investigating the incident and appealing for any witnesses.

A spokesperson for the force confirmed the woman's family have been informed of her death and are being supported by specialist officers.

PC Jonathan Wood said: "This incident occurred on a quiet country road late at night.

"We would like to speak with anyone who saw this incident or the vehicles involved and would particularly like to speak with anyone who has relevant dash cam footage that could assist us."

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8k2tF40bmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32969&group=uk.rec.cycling#32969

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 13:47:09 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:47 UTC

Any developments in the last three-and-a-half months?

> The A451 Minster Road was closed for several hours following the crash,
> which happened near the Wyre Forest Crematorium and Cemetery around
> 7.56am and saw a Blue Jeep Cherokee leave the road while travelling towards
> Stourport-on-Severn and hit a tree.

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8kacF41daU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32970&group=uk.rec.cycling#32970

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 13:51:08 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:51 UTC

Any developments in the last 10 months?

> Hampshire Police say a woman has died after being hit by a car when she
> left her vehicle to inspect a fallen tree which was blocking the road.

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<km8keoF41unU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32971&group=uk.rec.cycling#32971

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Sep 2023 13:53:28 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:53 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/2023 04:45 pm, Spike wrote:

>> Can’t quite see where the cyclist was involved in this incident.

>> What was the point of posting this?

> He found it orgasmic.

> Possibly several times.

Pass the mind bleach, please.

>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-66715058>

--
Spike

Re: When covering car-cyclist collisions

<21ab8ba8-1a05-4333-8a8f-80132c248458n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32975&group=uk.rec.cycling#32975

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:29:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 15:29 UTC

A young man has tragically died following a serious road traffic collision.

Police and paramedics were called in the early hours and found that a Renault Megane had crashed into a tree. A man in his 20s was found at the scene and died a short time later.

The incident happened at around 2am today (August 11) on Scafell Road in St Helens. Police investigations are continuing and the road remains shut between Moss Bank Road and Washway Lane.

Officers are asking motorists to avoid the area while the enquiries continue and are also appealing for information. The man's next of kin have been informed.

Detective Sergeant Kurt Timpson from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit told the ECHO: "Our thoughts and condolences go out to the family of the man who sadly lost his life this morning. They are being supported by our specially trained liaison officers while the investigation commences.

"I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident or properties in the area that may have CCTV or doorbell footage to please contact us. Anyone who witnessed the collision or captured anything on CCTV or dashcam is asked to contact SCIU on (0151) 777 5747, or email SCIU@merseyside.police.uk.

https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/tragedy-young-man-dies-after-24727344