Take me drunk, I'm home again!

aus+uk / uk.rec.gardening / Re: Allotment locks

SubjectAuthor
* Allotment locksJohn Ashby
+* Allotment locksThe Natural Philosopher
|+* Allotment locksBrian Gaff
||+* Allotment locksRustyHinge
|||+* Allotment locksalan_m
|||`* Allotment locksAndrew
||| +- Allotment locksThe Natural Philosopher
||| `* Allotment locksNick Maclaren
|||  `- Allotment locksThe Natural Philosopher
||`* Allotment locksAndrew
|| +* Allotment locksRustyHinge
|| |`* Allotment locksThe Natural Philosopher
|| | +* Allotment locksRustyHinge
|| | `* Allotment locksVir Campestris
|| |  `- Allotment locksThe Natural Philosopher
|| `- Allotment locksThe Natural Philosopher
|`- Allotment locksTricky Dicky
+- Allotment locksNick Maclaren
+* Allotment locksVir Campestris
|`* Allotment locksalan_m
| `- Allotment locksalan_m
`- Allotment locksJohn Ashby

Pages:12
Re: Allotment locks

<ugb1s6$33b0p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3428&group=uk.rec.gardening#3428

From: johnashby20@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Allotment locks
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:15:49 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:15 UTC

On 06/10/2023 12:58, John Ashby wrote:
> First up my apologies for jumping straight into a newsgroup without
> following Emily Postnews's recommendation to lurk for six weeks, then
> start gently.(And if you think six weeks is too long, lurk for twelve
> weeks.)
>
> A few years ago my allotment association switched from a keyed padlock
> on the main gate to a combination one. These seem to last approximately
> 9 monthsbefore failing. Usually the bottom button release falls out and
> is lost in the long grass but the latest one decided that its shackle
> didn't need to be attached to the lock at either side.
>
> We are a small site, about 30 plots, 50 plot holders so while a lock
> gets a significant amount of use I wouldn't think it's excessive.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a robust make of lock for this
> environment? Many Thanks
>
> john

Thanks for all your suggestions which I shall pass on to The Committee
(who will, in all probability, ignore them but you know what committees
are like).

john