From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:29:01 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:29 UTC

On 02/12/2023 05:06 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

First things first...

A: This item is getting to be fairly non-news, in that the reports date
from 3rd November. Why didn't you post it (if post it you had to) at the
time?

B: How, on this occasion, did you, as a notorious troll, get through
NIN's troll-busting filters?

You've apparently posted about thirty recent other posts, purportedly to
ukrc, none of which got through (the one I'm responding to was first)
and two or three of which presented only the thread title and the "bad
article" description?

> A Mercedes van driver who killed a 12-year-old girl as she got off a bus has been jailed for causing death by dangerous driving.
> David Pursglove was driving on Princess Drive in Huyton, Merseyside, when the accident happened. His van hit 12-year-old Lexi McDavid from Huyton, who was given CPR by passengers but died shortly after being admitted to Alder Hey Children's Hospital.

HOW?

Assuming the bus was at the kerb to let passengers alight (quite
normal), how did the van hit her? Was Pursglove travelling along the
FOOTway, like chavs on chav-bikes do? We'll probably never know.
Certainly not from this report at least.

But there's always the good ol' Liverpool Echo:

[Give a me a second...]

QUOTE:
Angela Conlan, prosecuting, told the court how Lexi, 12, had travelled
on a bus back from Broughton Hall Catholic High School in West Derby.
She said the bus pulled in and Lexi got off. Ms Conlan said that CCTV
footage showed Lexi run in front of the bus to cross the road., [sic]
and "as she entered the second lane [of traffic] she was hit by a van
being driven by the defendant".

Lexi suffered fatal injuries and was taken to Alder Hey Children's
Hospital where she died a short time later. Ms Conlan told the court
that when the defendant was interviewed by the police he believed he was
going around 28mph. However, CCTV footage showed Pursglove was
travelling between 46 and 49mph at the time.
ENDQUOTE

Well. that at least explains it. The child ran across the front of the
stationary bus to cross the road (all too common, in my experience).

Had that been all that went wrong, it's hard to see how the driver of
the van could have been guilty of anything. But Princess Drive is
limited to 30mph (even on the dual carriageway stretch inside the
Liverpool boundary, which is where the accident must have happened,
since that is the only part where there is a "second lane"). And he was
doing a speed measured at a minimum of 46mph.

As I remember it, that road used to be a frequent site for the pre-1974
Liverpool and Bootle Constabulary's white Minivan radar traps. I've seen
a few pulled over along that road (at the northern end, inside the city
boundary). It's a pity if they've been stopped in favour of a stationary
GATSO or something.

> The 35-year-old, of Moorhey Road, Maghull, has now been sentenced for the crash, which happened on June 7, 2022. It took place at 3.30pm, as Lexi made her way to a friend’s house.
> Pursglove pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing at Liverpool & Knowsley Magistrates Court on 3 November this year. On Friday he appeared at Liverpool Crown Court and was sentenced to eight months in prison. He was also disqualified from driving for two years and four months.
> Detective Sergeant Kurt Timpson from Merseyside Police's serious collision investigation unit said: “Our thoughts remain very much with Lexi’s parents and the rest of her family at this sad time. They have been supported by specially trained family liaison officers throughout the case. I thank those officers for their professionalism and dedication.
> “This has been a very traumatic time for Lexi’s family and I know that the incident has affected so many people in the community. I would like to thank members of the public who rushed to help Lexi that day and who did everything they could to help.
> “I would ask that as drivers, we all reflect on how we use our vehicles on the road. Excess speed kills and causes unimaginable harm to people who become involved in road crashes. Not one of us would want to be involved in such incidents and we must change driving behaviour to reduce that harm.
> “Merseyside Police are committed to the prevention of road death, to work towards Vision Zero - our strategy focused on driving down the amount of road traffic collisions in our regions and to lower the number of people killed and seriously injured on our streets. However, this is something that we must all do in partnership. Communities can also take a stand and help us to make the roads safer. We know how much you want to help us, so that we can ensure roads and shared spaces are used responsibly and that people abide by the laws we enforce.”
> https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mercedes-van-driver-jailed-for-killing-schoolgirl-lexi-mcdavid-who-was-getting-off-a-bus-in-huyton-merseyside/ar-AA1kT8fS

But... but... *who* was on the chav-bike?

Someone MUST have been, otherwise your only recent post to penetrate the
NIN defences is OFF topic!

Out of interest, did you manage to evade the NIN troll-busting features
by writing a troll-enabling app to be used in conjunction with your
famous Google Groups killfile?

Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside

<ukftno$2fa9p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36101&group=uk.rec.cycling#36101

From: sm@invalid.invalid (S Mason)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 18:40:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: S Mason - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 18:40 UTC

On Sat, 02 Dec 2023 17:29:01 +0000, JNugent wrote:

> [...]
>> number of people killed and seriously injured on our streets. However,
>> this is something that we must all do in partnership. Communities can
>> also take a stand and help us to make the roads safer. We know how much
>> you want to help us, so that we can ensure roads and shared spaces are
>> used responsibly and that people abide by the laws we enforce.”
>> https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mercedes-van-driver-jailed-for-
killing-schoolgirl-lexi-mcdavid-who-was-getting-off-a-bus-in-huyton-
merseyside/ar-AA1kT8fS

> But... but... *who* was on the chav-bike?
>
> Someone MUST have been, otherwise your only recent post to penetrate the
> NIN defences is OFF topic!
>
> Out of interest, did you manage to evade the NIN troll-busting features
> by writing a troll-enabling app to be used in conjunction with your

Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to elderly
right-wing loons everywhere.

Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside

<kt22ncF77t2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36102&group=uk.rec.cycling#36102

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:07:56 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:07 UTC

On 02/12/2023 06:40 pm, S Mason wrote:
> [...]
>>> this is something that we must all do in partnership. Communities can
>>> also take a stand and help us to make the roads safer. We know how much
>>> you want to help us, so that we can ensure roads and shared spaces are
>>> used responsibly and that people abide by the laws we enforce.”
>>> https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mercedes-van-driver-jailed-for-
> killing-schoolgirl-lexi-mcdavid-who-was-getting-off-a-bus-in-huyton-
> merseyside/ar-AA1kT8fS
>>
>> But... but... *who* was on the chav-bike?
>>
>> Someone MUST have been, otherwise your only recent post to penetrate the
>> NIN defences is OFF topic!
>>
>> Out of interest, did you manage to evade the NIN troll-busting features
>> by writing a troll-enabling app to be used in conjunction with your
>> famous Google Groups killfile?
>
> Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to elderly

Ah... so you have dropped that unconvincing pretence to have developed a
killfile for Google Groups, then?

Very wise.

Absolutely no-one believed you. You just made yourself look silly. Very
silly.

Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside

<ukhbbd$2fa9p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36103&group=uk.rec.cycling#36103

From: sm@invalid.invalid (S Mason)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 07:39:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: S Mason - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 07:39 UTC

On Sun, 03 Dec 2023 01:07:56 +0000, JNugent wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Someone MUST have been, otherwise your only recent post to penetrate
>>> the NIN defences is OFF topic!
>>>
>>> Out of interest, did you manage to evade the NIN troll-busting
>>> features by writing a troll-enabling app to be used in conjunction
>>> with your famous Google Groups killfile?
>>
>> Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to
>> elderly right-wing loons everywhere.
>
> Ah... so you have dropped that unconvincing pretence to have developed a
> killfile for Google Groups, then?
>
> Very wise.
>
> Absolutely no-one believed you. You just made yourself look silly. Very
> silly.

Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to elderly
right-wing loons everywhere.

Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside

<kt388vFhbkmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36106&group=uk.rec.cycling#36106

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 11:48:46 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 11:48 UTC

On 03/12/2023 07:39 am, S Mason wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Dec 2023 01:07:56 +0000, JNugent wrote:

>>> killing-schoolgirl-lexi-mcdavid-who-was-getting-off-a-bus-in-huyton-
>>> merseyside/ar-AA1kT8fS

>>> Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to
>>> elderly right-wing loons everywhere.
>>
>> Ah... so you have dropped that unconvincing pretence to have developed a
>> killfile for Google Groups, then?
>>
>> Very wise.
>>
>> Absolutely no-one believed you. You just made yourself look silly. Very
>> silly.
>
> Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to elderly
> right-wing loons everywhere.

What a change has overcome May Sun!

A couple of weeks ago, and under the very same soubriquet (look it up,
May Sun), he posted to uk.d-i-y and when challenged, denied being May
Sun, utilising a string of childish fourth form-invective just as he
does above.

May Sun is, of course, a constantly off-topic *troll* in uk.r.c.

It is highly appropriate that News Individual Net's anti-troll defences
had shut him out of its server. After all, what business does he even
have in having his posts circulated by a university (sorry for the five
syllable word)?

Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside

<ukhsdm$2rmh0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36107&group=uk.rec.cycling#36107

From: sm@invalid.invalid (S Mason)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:30:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: S Mason - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:30 UTC

On Sun, 03 Dec 2023 11:48:46 +0000, JNugent wrote:

> On 03/12/2023 07:39 am, S Mason wrote:

>>> Ah... so you have dropped that unconvincing pretence to have developed
>>> a killfile for Google Groups, then?
>>>
>>> Very wise.
>>>
>>> Absolutely no-one believed you. You just made yourself look silly.
>>> Very silly.
>>
>> Nugent is a fucktard child who has grown old. He is a disgrace to
>> elderly right-wing loons everywhere.
>
> What a change has overcome May Sun!
>
> A couple of weeks ago, and under the very same soubriquet (look it up,
> May Sun), he posted to uk.d-i-y and when challenged, denied being May
> Sun, utilising a string of childish fourth form-invective just as he
> does above.
>
> May Sun is, of course, a constantly off-topic *troll* in uk.r.c.
>
> It is highly appropriate that News Individual Net's anti-troll defences
> had shut him out of its server. After all, what business does he even
> have in having his posts circulated by a university (sorry for the five
> syllable word)?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Mercedes van driver jailed for killing schoolgirl Lexi McDavid who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside

<kt3feiFjeekU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36108&group=uk.rec.cycling#36108

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
who was getting off a bus in Huyton, Merseyside
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 13:51:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 13:51 UTC