The only perfect science is hind-sight.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quiz

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Identify vintage objects quizRecliner
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizEddie King
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizJohn Levine
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quiznib
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizTweed
+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
|+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizClank
||+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
||`* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizNobody
|| +* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
|| |`* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizCertes
|| | +- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRecliner
|| | `- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
|| `- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizClank
|`- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRecliner
+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizNobody
|`* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
| `* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizTweed
|  `- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizMarland
|+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRecliner
||`* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizAlan Jones
|| `- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizCertes
|+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizJMB99
||`- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizTheo
|`- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizColinR
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizCoffee
+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizClank
|`- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizCoffee
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizAnna Noyd-Dryver
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizGraeme Wall
+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRink
|+* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRecliner
||+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRink
||+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
||`- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizColinR
|`- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoland Perry
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizBevan Price
+- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizSam Wilson
`* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoger Lynn
 `* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRecliner
  `* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizCharles Ellson
   `* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizSam Wilson
    `* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizRoger Lynn
     +* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizSam Wilson
     |`* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizTweed
     | +- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizColinR
     | +- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizMarland
     | `- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizSam Wilson
     `* Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizMarland
      `- Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quizTweed

Pages:123
Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quiz

<undktg$10lqv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73886&group=uk.railway#73886

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: OT: Identify vintage objects quiz
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 07:46:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:dnIqZ1cxBq7oFv8ZRhOCoL3zf6s=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 07:46 UTC

Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
> Roger Lynn <usenet@rilynn.me.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Definitely a duplicator in casual speech. The masters were typed on a
>>> multilayer form where the top layer was a creamy colour, and possibly
>>> waxed. There were bits at the edge where the master was attached to the
>>> inky drum.
>>>
>>> There was a different technology whose name now escapes me which produced
>>> coloured (purple, red, blue, green(?)) copies, usually from handwritten
>>> originals. I think it may have been based on spirit dyes rather than
>>> printers inks.
>>
>> This appears to be a "spirit duplicator", which is probably what my primary
>> school had.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_duplicator
>>

> Remember the aroma well, its a wonder that one of those compensation
> seeking law firms haven’t tried to whip up hysteria amongst the baby
> boomer generation to claim for health damage caused by sniffing the
> documents when they were at school.
>
> GH

We always thought it was great if we got the worksheets fresh from the
machine.