It's always sad when the fleas leave, because that means your dog is dead. -- Wesley T. Williams

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

SubjectAuthor
* Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
+* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offAlan Browne
| `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|  `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|   `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|    `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|     +* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|     |`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|     | `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|     |  `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|     |   `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|     `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offChris
|      +* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|      |`- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offChris
|      `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|       `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|        `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|         `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|          `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|           `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|            +* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|            |`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|            | +- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|            | `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|            |  `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|            `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offMummyChunk
+* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offMummyChunk
|`- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
+* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offAlan
|`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
| `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offAlan
|  `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
`- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offZaidy036

Pages:12
Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11390&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11390

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 19:32:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 19:32 UTC

One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple users
took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms aren't going
off. As per the reports, users found themselves oversleeping because
the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or there was no sound when
the screen lit up.

The unknown issue seems to be affecting new and old iPhones alike,
including iPhone 15, iPhone 11, and iPhone XR. Several users pointed
out that the issue stemmed after they installed the iOS 17 update,
while for others, it started happening after installing iOS 17.2.

On the flip side, some users said they faced the iPhone alarm issue,
but the problem got fixed on its own over subsequent software updates.
Some even claimed that the issue has existed for years on iPhones
running older versions of iOS, although it can't be verified.

As a workaround, people suggested disabling the Attention Aware
functionality on iPhone, which sees if you're paying attention to your
device and takes action accordingly. For instance, the feature can
lower the volume sound of your alerts when you're looking at your
iPhone.

Other suggested workarounds include disabling StandBy mode, deleting
and re-installing the clock app, and deleting some alarms if there are
too many in a short duration. Apple has yet to officially address the
problem and possibly explain whether it's actually a bug or there is
something the affected users are doing wrong while setting their alarms.

iPhone and the iOS 17 update have had quite a run this year when it
comes to unwanted bugs. It was reported earlier this month that a weird
bug triggered the app switcher while typing on the keyboard. iPhone 15
Pro suffered overheating problems while charging, and it was fixed in
the iOS 17.0.2 update.

The NFC chips on the iPhone 15 series were reportedly breaking down
after being charged wirelessly through certain BMW and Toyota Supra
models. Apple acknowledged it in an internal memo and released the iOS
17.1.1 update last month to address the issue. The update also fixed
the Weather lock screen widget, which was showing incorrect weather
conditions.

https://www.neowin.net/news/multiple-users-complain-iphone-alarms-are-not-going-off/

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11392&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11392

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:54:20 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:54 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple users
> took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms aren't going
> off. As per the reports, users found themselves oversleeping because
> the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or there was no sound when
> the screen lit up.
>
> The unknown issue seems to be affecting new and old iPhones alike,
> including iPhone 15, iPhone 11, and iPhone XR. Several users pointed
> out that the issue stemmed after they installed the iOS 17 update,
> while for others, it started happening after installing iOS 17.2.
>
> On the flip side, some users said they faced the iPhone alarm issue,
> but the problem got fixed on its own over subsequent software updates.
> Some even claimed that the issue has existed for years on iPhones
> running older versions of iOS, although it can't be verified.
>
> As a workaround, people suggested disabling the Attention Aware
> functionality on iPhone, which sees if you're paying attention to your
> device and takes action accordingly. For instance, the feature can
> lower the volume sound of your alerts when you're looking at your
> iPhone.
>
> Other suggested workarounds include disabling StandBy mode, deleting
> and re-installing the clock app, and deleting some alarms if there are
> too many in a short duration. Apple has yet to officially address the
> problem and possibly explain whether it's actually a bug or there is
> something the affected users are doing wrong while setting their alarms.

Sounds like some alarmist bullshit as I’ve been using the alarm app without
any problems for years. I’m well to the left of the statistically
artifactual D-K graph that keeps being used as a kid’s toy cap gun here and
I can still get the alarm on my iPhone to work every day.

> iPhone and the iOS 17 update have had quite a run this year when it
> comes to unwanted bugs. It was reported earlier this month that a weird
> bug triggered the app switcher while typing on the keyboard. iPhone 15
> Pro suffered overheating problems while charging, and it was fixed in
> the iOS 17.0.2 update.
>
> The NFC chips on the iPhone 15 series were reportedly breaking down
> after being charged wirelessly through certain BMW and Toyota Supra
> models. Apple acknowledged it in an internal memo and released the iOS
> 17.1.1 update last month to address the issue. The update also fixed
> the Weather lock screen widget, which was showing incorrect weather
> conditions.
>
> https://www.neowin.net/news/multiple-users-complain-iphone-alarms-are-not-going-off/

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11395&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11395

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 18:12:48 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 23:12 UTC

On 2023-12-20 17:54, *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>> something the affected users are doing wrong while setting their alarms.
>>
> Sounds like some alarmist bullshit as I’ve been using the alarm app without

Ta-dum-bump.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<vY6dnTzTNIkYCh74nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11399&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11399

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:40:21 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:40 UTC

> badgolferman wrote:
> One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple
users
> took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms aren't
going
> off. As per the reports, users found themselves oversleeping
because
> the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or there was no sound
when
> the screen lit up.
>
> The unknown issue seems to be affecting new and old iPhones alike,
> including iPhone 15, iPhone 11, and iPhone XR. Several users
pointed
> out that the issue stemmed after they installed the iOS 17 update,
> while for others, it started happening after installing iOS 17.2.
>
> On the flip side, some users said they faced the iPhone alarm
issue,
> but the problem got fixed on its own over subsequent software
updates.
> Some even claimed that the issue has existed for years on iPhones
> running older versions of iOS, although it can't be verified.
>
> As a workaround, people suggested disabling the Attention Aware
> functionality on iPhone, which sees if you're paying attention to
your
> device and takes action accordingly. For instance, the feature can
> lower the volume sound of your alerts when you're looking at your
> iPhone.
>
> Other suggested workarounds include disabling StandBy mode,
deleting
> and re-installing the clock app, and deleting some alarms if there
are
> too many in a short duration. Apple has yet to officially address
the
> problem and possibly explain whether it's actually a bug or there
is
> something the affected users are doing wrong while setting their
alarms.

> iPhone and the iOS 17 update have had quite a run this year when it
> comes to unwanted bugs. It was reported earlier this month that a
weird
> bug triggered the app switcher while typing on the keyboard. iPhone
15
> Pro suffered overheating problems while charging, and it was fixed
in
> the iOS 17.0.2 update.
>
> The NFC chips on the iPhone 15 series were reportedly breaking down
> after being charged wirelessly through certain BMW and Toyota Supra
> models. Apple acknowledged it in an internal memo and released the
iOS
> 17.1.1 update last month to address the issue. The update also
fixed
> the Weather lock screen widget, which was showing incorrect weather
> conditions.

https://www.neowin.net/news/multiple-users-complain-iphone-alarms-are-not-going-off/

Sounds
like a great new excuse for the school kids

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657615796#657615796

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11415&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11415

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:06:31 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:06 UTC

Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-20 17:54, *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>
>>> something the affected users are doing wrong while setting their alarms.
>>>
>> Sounds like some alarmist bullshit as I’ve been using the alarm app without
>
> Ta-dum-bump.

Guess what…my alarm worked fine this morning.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11416&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11416

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:39:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:olDT56YIFuwzjwVkA8FqcU/ZtGs=
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:39 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>>> Sounds like some alarmist bullshit as I’ve been using the alarm app without
>>
>> Ta-dum-bump.
>>
> Guess what…my alarm worked fine this morning.

Yep, if it didn’t happen to me then it must not exist!

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11417&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11417

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:53:27 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:53 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>>> Ta-dum-bump.
>>>
>> Guess what…my alarm worked fine this morning.
>>

> Yep, if it didn’t happen to me then it must not exist!

Molehills exist. They are not mountains.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11419&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11419

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:11:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:11 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:

>badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hemidactylus <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:

>>> Guess what…my alarm worked fine this morning.
>>>

>> Yep, if it didn’t happen to me then it must not exist!
>>
>Molehills exist. They are not mountains.

Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
overslept in the hotel room.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<z-6dnTZv7Ztwrxn4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11420&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11420

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:43:25 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:43 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yep, if it didn’t happen to me then it must not exist!
>>>
>> Molehills exist. They are not mountains.
>

> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
> overslept in the hotel room.

The sky was falling anyway.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um1ch0$12ui1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11421&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11421

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:53:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gAFSQm6AxNCIr5/sw0vpQFTV9+U=
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:53 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>>> Molehills exist. They are not mountains.
>>

>> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
>> overslept in the hotel room.
>>
> The sky was falling anyway.

If you think a non-functioning alarm on a device that people depend upon is
no big deal then what Arlen says about you is true.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<cY6dnYOB5OahpRn4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11422&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11422

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
References: <xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org> <Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad> <b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me> <K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org> <z-6dnTZv7Ztwrxn4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> <um1ch0$12ui1$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:06:04 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:06 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
>>> overslept in the hotel room.
>>>
>> The sky was falling anyway.
>>

> If you think a non-functioning alarm on a device that people depend upon is
> no big deal then what Arlen says about you is true.

Yet another way for you to accentuate the negative.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11425&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11425

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:54:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:0zafC6jdMXf2+mWASjuVT2BPDYM=
 by: Chris - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:54 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* wrote:
>
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yep, if it didn’t happen to me then it must not exist!
>>>
>> Molehills exist. They are not mountains.
>

> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
> overslept in the hotel room.

Like that never happened before the invention of iphones.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<xn0oauedda5yfel00c@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11428&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11428

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:50:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:50 UTC

Chris wrote:

>> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
>> overslept in the hotel room.
>
>Like that never happened before the invention of iphones.

Of course it did! That's when we used to depend on the undependable
hotel room alarm clock and front desk call.

--
"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones
you want to concentrate on." ~ George W. Bush

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um1q3v$1533b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11431&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11431

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:45:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:lXBoIFLucbcAnO4rd7nN5thLqF4=
 by: Chris - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:45 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
>>> overslept in the hotel room.
>>
>> Like that never happened before the invention of iphones.
>
> Of course it did! That's when we used to depend on the undependable
> hotel room alarm clock and front desk call.

Right. So out of the 100s of millions of people who use their phone as an
alarm why focus on the tiny few for whom, for unknown reasons, it didn't
work?

I suspect user error.

I have had a couple of instances where the alarm didn't go off as expected
but that was down to me not saving the change.

I do like the recentish change where you can alter an upcoming alarm
directly from the lock screen. Very handy.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<kujbvpFg1s9U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11434&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11434

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 21 Dec 2023 17:46:33 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:46 UTC

On 2023-12-21, *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:

>>> The sky was falling anyway.
>>>
>> If you think a non-functioning alarm on a device that people depend
>> upon is no big deal then what Arlen says about you is true.
>>
> Yet another way for you to accentuate the negative.

Yup. Like his best bud Arlen, that's his purpose for being here. He just
tries to be more subtle about it. Good luck finding a post from him that
*doesn't* cast Apple in a negative light. 😉

JR

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11435&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11435

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 21 Dec 2023 17:49:03 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:49 UTC

On 2023-12-21, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *Hemidactylus* wrote:

>>> Molehills exist. They are not mountains.
>>
>> Tell that to the guy who missed his 6:00am flight home while he
>> overslept in the hotel room.
>
> Like that never happened before the invention of iphones.

And it definitely never happens on Android, right? RIGHT? 😉

JR

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11436&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11436

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:54:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:54 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>And it definitely never happens on Android, right? RIGHT?

This is an iPhone group, right?

--
"When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut." ~ Will Rogers

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um1u9c$15or0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11437&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11437

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 09:56:59 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:56 UTC

On 2023-12-20 11:32, badgolferman wrote:
> One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple users
> took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms aren't going
> off. As per the reports, users found themselves oversleeping because
> the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or there was no sound when
> the screen lit up.

Do you have an iPhone?

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11438&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11438

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 21 Dec 2023 18:33:00 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 18:33 UTC

On 2023-12-21, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> And it definitely never happens on Android, right? RIGHT?
>
> This is an iPhone group, right?

And you're only here to troll. Try to keep up, kiddo.

JR

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um20lq$163g7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11439&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11439

From: Zaidy036@air.isp.spam (Zaidy036)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:37:46 -0500
 by: Zaidy036 - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 18:37 UTC

On 12/20/2023 2:32 PM, badgolferman wrote:
> One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple users
> took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms aren't going
> off. As per the reports, users found themselves oversleeping because
> the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or there was no sound when
> the screen lit up.
>
> The unknown issue seems to be affecting new and old iPhones alike,
> including iPhone 15, iPhone 11, and iPhone XR. Several users pointed
> out that the issue stemmed after they installed the iOS 17 update,
> while for others, it started happening after installing iOS 17.2.
>
> On the flip side, some users said they faced the iPhone alarm issue,
> but the problem got fixed on its own over subsequent software updates.
> Some even claimed that the issue has existed for years on iPhones
> running older versions of iOS, although it can't be verified.
>
> As a workaround, people suggested disabling the Attention Aware
> functionality on iPhone, which sees if you're paying attention to your
> device and takes action accordingly. For instance, the feature can
> lower the volume sound of your alerts when you're looking at your
> iPhone.
>
> Other suggested workarounds include disabling StandBy mode, deleting
> and re-installing the clock app, and deleting some alarms if there are
> too many in a short duration. Apple has yet to officially address the
> problem and possibly explain whether it's actually a bug or there is
> something the affected users are doing wrong while setting their alarms.
>
> iPhone and the iOS 17 update have had quite a run this year when it
> comes to unwanted bugs. It was reported earlier this month that a weird
> bug triggered the app switcher while typing on the keyboard. iPhone 15
> Pro suffered overheating problems while charging, and it was fixed in
> the iOS 17.0.2 update.
>
> The NFC chips on the iPhone 15 series were reportedly breaking down
> after being charged wirelessly through certain BMW and Toyota Supra
> models. Apple acknowledged it in an internal memo and released the iOS
> 17.1.1 update last month to address the issue. The update also fixed
> the Weather lock screen widget, which was showing incorrect weather
> conditions.
>
> https://www.neowin.net/news/multiple-users-complain-iphone-alarms-are-not-going-off/
Make sure Focus, AKA do not disturb, is allowing the clock's notifications.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<xn0oaukkcaecjgs00e@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11440&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11440

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 18:44:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 18:44 UTC

Alan wrote:

>On 2023-12-20 11:32, badgolferman wrote:
>>One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple
>>users took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms
>>aren't going off. As per the reports, users found themselves
>>oversleeping because the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or
>>there was no sound when the screen lit up.
>
>Do you have an iPhone?

I have two. A personal phone and work phone.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11442&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11442

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 19:37:58 -0000 (UTC)
References: <xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org> <Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad> <b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me> <K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org> <um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me> <kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net> <xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 19:37 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>On 2023-12-21, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:
>>
>>> And it definitely never happens on Android, right? RIGHT?
>>
>> This is an iPhone group, right?
>
>And you're only here to troll. Try to keep up, kiddo.

Of course you see it that way because you will defend Apple to the
death.

The way I see it, it's important to let users know of potential
problems.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um2662$s7re$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11445&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11445

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:11:46 -0400
References: <xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org> <Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad> <b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me> <K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org> <z-6dnTZv7Ztwrxn4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> <um1ch0$12ui1$1@dont-email.me> <cY6dnYOB5OahpRn4nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kujbvpFg1s9U3@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:11 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Good luck finding a post from him that
> *doesn't* cast Apple in a negative light.

Since you iKooks are all in the 1st Dunning-Kruger quartile, I read
everything that you write with intense scholarly interest, Jolly Roger.

*Notice your only purpose is to cast Apple in a _good_ light.*

That's quite different from nospam, whose only purpose was to defend Apple
to the death, no matter what. Yours is to make Apple always look good.
--
And you'll lie like crazy in that endeavor (e.g., you claimed for years
that Apple fully supported older releases when that was never the case).

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<kujvkqFjoifU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11459&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11459

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 21 Dec 2023 23:22:02 GMT
<um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me> <kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net>
<xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org>
<kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net>
<xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 23:22 UTC

On 2023-12-21, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> This is an iPhone group, right?
>>
>>And you're only here to troll. Try to keep up, kiddo.
>
> Of course you see it that way

It is that way. I see reality. Good luck trying to find posts from you
that don't attempt to shed Apple in a negative light - from problems
that affect relatively few users to ridiculous freak outs about Apple
daring to release a yellow iPhone, all you do is troll here.

> you will defend Apple to the death.

The old "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense. You're a child.

Adults will note that I haven't defended Apple even once in this thread.
😉 All I've done is call out your weak troll. And you *hate* it. 🤣

> The way I see it, it's important to let users know of potential
> problems.

"...but never, ever say anything good about Apple. Nobody wants that."

JR

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um2lfb$193t3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11461&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11461

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:32:42 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 00:32 UTC

On 2023-12-21 10:44, badgolferman wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>
>> On 2023-12-20 11:32, badgolferman wrote:
>>> One of the basic iPhone apps is running into problems as multiple
>>> users took to the iPhone subreddit to complain that their alarms
>>> aren't going off. As per the reports, users found themselves
>>> oversleeping because the iPhone alarm they had set didn't go off or
>>> there was no sound when the screen lit up.
>>
>> Do you have an iPhone?
>

> I have two. A personal phone and work phone.

OK... ...why?