computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

SubjectAuthor
* Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
+* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offAlan Browne
| `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|  `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|   `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|    `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|     +* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|     |`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|     | `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|     |  `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|     |   `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|     `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offChris
|      +* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|      |`- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offChris
|      `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|       `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|        `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|         `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|          `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|           `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
|            +* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|            |`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off*Hemidactylus*
|            | +- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|            | `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offJolly Roger
|            |  `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
|            `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offMummyChunk
+* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offMummyChunk
|`- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offWally J
+* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offAlan
|`* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
| `* Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offAlan
|  `- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offbadgolferman
`- Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going offZaidy036

Pages:12
Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um2q3v$19m6r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11465&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11465

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 01:51:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:+ztxh0kkJ8MEnMtEyIuKCBMdbbk=
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 01:51 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-21 10:44, badgolferman wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> Do you have an iPhone?
>>

>> I have two. A personal phone and work phone.
>
> OK... ...why?

I’ve had a work iPhone since 2008 when I started out with the iPhone 4. I
only had a work phone for many years until corporate forced MDM on them. At
that point I decided to get my own phone for personal stuff. Having been
used to iOS and getting too old to learn something else I stuck with that
for my own phone. Also having kids whom I needed to keep an eye on with
Find My iPhone, I really had no other choice.

I know what you’re trying to get at. The reality is I stay with iPhones
because I’m used to them, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have their
shortcomings. When things are changed just for the sake of change, or
updates break the phone, I will make my thoughts known on that. If I see
articles which warn us of potential problems I will share those with people
here for their knowledge too. It’s better to be informed and make your own
decisions than be ignorant and taken advantage of.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um2qba$19mvq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11467&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11467

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 01:55:54 -0000 (UTC)
<kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net>
<xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org>
<kujvkqFjoifU1@mid.individual.net>
sha1:WzCrZogdT6STk12k4+lQiCal/yQ=
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 01:55 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-21, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> And you're only here to troll. Try to keep up, kiddo.
>>
>> Of course you see it that way
>
> It is that way. I see reality. Good luck trying to find posts from you
> that don't attempt to shed Apple in a negative light - from problems
> that affect relatively few users to ridiculous freak outs about Apple
> daring to release a yellow iPhone, all you do is troll here.
>
>> you will defend Apple to the death.
>
> The old "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense. You're a child.
>
> Adults will note that I haven't defended Apple even once in this thread.
> 😉 All I've done is call out your weak troll. And you *hate* it. 🤣
>
>> The way I see it, it's important to let users know of potential
>> problems.
>
> "...but never, ever say anything good about Apple. Nobody wants that."

You’re wrong as usual. I have defended Apple on occasions and have even
disagreed with Arlen publicly. The difference is we can disagree amicably
without getting into a pissing contest.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um2qkd$t44p$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11468&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11468

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 22:00:45 -0400
References: <xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org> <Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad> <b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me> <K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org> <um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me> <kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net> <xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net> <xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujvkqFjoifU1@mid.individual.net> <um2qba$19mvq$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 02:00 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

> The difference is we can disagree amicably
> without getting into a pissing contest.

I agree with badgolferman, and, in fact, there's plenty of evidence backing
up his statement and mine.

I think it's very clear to the _adults_ on this newsgroup that I'll agree
with anyone who presents a logically sensible opinion based on facts.

You guys don't even realize it, but the way these articles come to me is in
VIM, where I don't even know whom I'm responding to unless I explicitly
look.

As badgolferman does, I'll agree with Steve when he's saying something
sensible; and I'll disagree with Steve when he says something illogical.

Same with nospam.
And Jolly Roger.
Same even with Hemidactylus, or Alan Browne.

Hell, I'd agree with Alan Baker if he ever said something that made sense.

If someone says something sensibly logical given their assessment of the
facts, I'll agree with them. Only a fool would disagree with facts.

That's why they're fools.
--
The iKooks have an agenda to defend Apple to the death, no matter what.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<GXKdnSQkzKDVaBn4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11472&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11472

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: ecphoric@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 02:32:40 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 02:32 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote
>
>> The difference is we can disagree amicably
>> without getting into a pissing contest.
>
> I agree with badgolferman, and, in fact, there's plenty of evidence backing
> up his statement and mine.
>
> I think it's very clear to the _adults_ on this newsgroup that I'll agree
> with anyone who presents a logically sensible opinion based on facts.
>
> You guys don't even realize it, but the way these articles come to me is in
> VIM, where I don't even know whom I'm responding to unless I explicitly
> look.
>
> As badgolferman does, I'll agree with Steve when he's saying something
> sensible; and I'll disagree with Steve when he says something illogical.
>
> Same with nospam.
> And Jolly Roger.
> Same even with Hemidactylus, or Alan Browne.
>
> Hell, I'd agree with Alan Baker if he ever said something that made sense.
>
> If someone says something sensibly logical given their assessment of the
> facts, I'll agree with them. Only a fool would disagree with facts.
>
> That's why they're fools.

You haven’t acknowledged that DKE has flaws as a statistical artifact
though you weaponized it. You are an intellectually dishonest thug. Full
stop. Most people, excepting badgolfingman, can smell that rotting rat
carcass of your reputation here.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um331g$thi7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11479&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11479

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 00:24:16 -0400
References: <xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org> <Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad> <b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me> <K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org> <um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me> <kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net> <xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net> <xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujvkqFjoifU1@mid.individual.net> <um2qba$19mvq$1@dont-email.me> <um2qkd$t44p$1@paganini.bofh.team> <GXKdnSQkzKDVaBn4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 04:24 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

> You haven't acknowledged that DKE has flaws as a statistical artifact
> though you weaponized it.

Hi Hemidactylus,

The response below assumes you're an adult...

I didn't respond directly to your DK assertions because it was clear to me
that you don't understand what DK is all about - and yet - you dislike it.

Who does that?
Nobody right?

Yet you did it.

You spent all your time furiously googling for rebuttals to D-K but you
spent utterly zero time reading the seminal papers to understand it.

If I thought that you understood what D-K is all about, then (and only
then) would I take anything you say about it seriously, Hemidactylus.

Think about it this way, Hemidactylus.
a. nospam constantly fabricates imaginary wi-fi debugging apps, right?
How do you expect me to take _anything_ nospam says seriously then?

b. Alan Browne insists he's never experienced the walled garden, right?
How do you expect me to take seriously _anything_ Alan says then?

c. Jolly Roger constantly claims Apple fully patches older releases, right?
How do you expect me to take seriously _anything_ JR says then?

> You are an intellectually dishonest thug. Full
> stop. Most people, excepting badgolfingman, can smell that rotting rat
> carcass of your reputation here.

You have no idea what the D-K papers actually said, Hemidactylus.
That's patently obvious to everyone. Even to you.

You couldn't summarize what the seminal papers said if you tried.
Yet you want me to take seriously you don't like what you don't understand?

See above examples of iKooks saying ridiculous things and then wanting to
be taken seriously Hemidactylus.

If you showed me that you actually _understood_ the D-K concepts, then (and
only then) would I take anything you say about it seriously, Hemidactylus.
--
Hell, if Alan Baker showed me he understood something as basic to racing
circuits as the catenary, I'd even take Alan Baker's words seriously.

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um33aq$thso$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11481&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11481

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 00:29:14 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 04:29 UTC

MummyChunk <mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote

> This is a response to the post seen at:

I get it that you're promoting the web site any way you can.
<http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=367>

Do you have a table of contents for other newsgroups?
Particularly for the Android & news server newsgroups?

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<kulvi1F1pa3U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11501&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11501

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 22 Dec 2023 17:32:49 GMT
<um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me> <kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net>
<xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org>
<kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net>
<xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org>
<kujvkqFjoifU1@mid.individual.net> <um2qba$19mvq$1@dont-email.me>
<um2qkd$t44p$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<GXKdnSQkzKDVaBn4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:32 UTC

On 2023-12-22, *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote
>>
>>> The difference is we can disagree amicably without getting into a
>>> pissing contest.
>>
>> I agree with badgolferman, and, in fact, there's plenty of evidence
>> backing up his statement and mine.
>>
>> I think it's very clear to the _adults_ on this newsgroup that I'll
>> agree with anyone who presents a logically sensible opinion based on
>> facts.
>>
>> You guys don't even realize it, but the way these articles come to me
>> is in VIM, where I don't even know whom I'm responding to unless I
>> explicitly look.
>>
>> As badgolferman does, I'll agree with Steve when he's saying
>> something sensible; and I'll disagree with Steve when he says
>> something illogical.
>>
>> Same with nospam. And Jolly Roger. Same even with Hemidactylus, or
>> Alan Browne.
>>
>> Hell, I'd agree with Alan Baker if he ever said something that made
>> sense.
>>
>> If someone says something sensibly logical given their assessment of
>> the facts, I'll agree with them. Only a fool would disagree with
>> facts.
>>
>> That's why they're fools.
>
> You haven’t acknowledged that DKE has flaws as a statistical artifact
> though you weaponized it. You are an intellectually dishonest thug.
> Full stop. Most people, excepting badgolfingman, can smell that
> rotting rat carcass of your reputation here.

Oh, he can smell it too. It's just he *likes* the smell. He gleefully
supports Arlen's lame trolls. His posting record shows that he rarely
disagrees with Arlen's trolls. He tries to be more subtle about it, but
he's not fooling anyone who pays attention.

JR

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<um4j0l$vlsi$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11504&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11504

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:03:00 -0400
References: <xn0oat7a090m8ei008@reader443.eternal-september.org> <Wh2cnZcn4uMB7R74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com> <QxKgN.71783$PuZ9.23687@fx11.iad> <b9GdnaUxK9m6kxn4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <um14k6$11ps8$1@dont-email.me> <K_ScnYjmAMG6hBn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <xn0oaua9oa0b4r800a@reader443.eternal-september.org> <um1g33$13g1g$1@dont-email.me> <kujc4fFg1s9U4@mid.individual.net> <xn0oauj7lacj2wf00d@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujemrFgnodU1@mid.individual.net> <xn0oaulz0ag8o9k00f@reader443.eternal-september.org> <kujvkqFjoifU1@mid.individual.net> <um2qba$19mvq$1@dont-email.me> <um2qkd$t44p$1@paganini.bofh.team> <GXKdnSQkzKDVaBn4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com> <kulvi1F1pa3U3@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 18:03 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Oh, he can smell it too. It's just he *likes* the smell. He gleefully
> supports his lame trolls. His posting record shows that he rarely
> disagrees with his trolls. He tries to be more subtle about it, but
> he's not fooling anyone who pays attention.

Please, think of that as a logical adult would think of that, Jolly Roger.

If Steve or nospam or badgolferman or Hank or Alan or Joerg or anyone says
something sensible... and then someone else *agrees* with their sentient
logic, why do you find that act of agreeing with logic so reprehensible?

Re: Multiple users complain iPhone alarms are not going off

<VYKcnbhUxo0kgxv4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=11508&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#11508

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 23:41:45 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 23:41 UTC

> > MummyChunk <mummycullen> wrote
> >
> > This is a response to the post seen at:
> >
> Wally J wrote:
>

> I get it that you're promoting the web site any way you can.
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=367
>
> Do you have a table of contents for other newsgroups?
> Particularly for the Android & news server newsgroups?

I'm not sure which forum id corresponds to which Usenet group at the
site. I believe some are linked and and some of them are not linked
to USENET. There are about 4000 or so forum sections (according to a
posting I saw) but doesn't seem as all of them are public. I
responded to another post that if any group is missing there, the
admin is responsive to adding it. I've asked for many groups over the
years to be added. On another thread I follow, mobile.android was
requested and was added but has yet been filled. Usually takes them a
day or two.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657615796#657615796