Linux - Das System fuer schlaue Maedchen ;) -- banshee

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Remote access to PC

SubjectAuthor
* Remote access to PCBill
+* Remote access to PCBig Al
|`* Remote access to PCGraham J
| +- Remote access to PCBig Al
| +* Remote access to PCFrank Slootweg
| |`* Remote access to PCGraham J
| | `- Remote access to PCFrank Slootweg
| `* Remote access to PCChar Jackson
|  `* Remote access to PCGraham J
|   +* Remote access to PCAndy Burns
|   |`- Remote access to PCChar Jackson
|   `- Remote access to PCChar Jackson
+* Remote access to PCAndy Burns
|+* Remote access to PCCarlos E. R.
||+- Remote access to PCAndy Burns
||`* Remote access to PCGraham J
|| `* Remote access to PCCarlos E. R.
||  `- Remote access to PCGraham J
|`- Remote access to PC...winston
+- Remote access to PCJim Dell
+- Remote access to PCKen Blake
+- Remote access to PCFokke Nauta
+* Remote access to PCPaul
|`* Remote access to PCPaul
| `- Remote access to PCPaul
+* Remote access to PCBill
|`- Remote access to PCGraham J
`* Remote access to PCTPayne
 `* Remote access to PCGraham J
  +- Remote access to PCFrank Slootweg
  `- Remote access to PCTPayne

Pages:12
Re: Remote access to PC

<ZzeSM.335675$%uv8.262630@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74479&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74479

Subject: Re: Remote access to PC
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: nonegiven@att.net (Bill)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 09:34:48 -0400
 by: Bill - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 13:34 UTC

On 9/26/2023 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
> I have Windows Version 10, Pro., and a friend has Windows Version 10,
> Home.  My friend wishes for me to connect and control her PC remotely,
> through the GUI, for a short period of time.
> Thank you for your guidance!

Thank you to everyone who offered help with this. The answers are
informative and appear to provide what I need (and then some)!

Unfortunately, my friend became ill, so it will be a few more days
before we can try using "remote access". She doesn't know anything about
file extensions (in my not so humble opinion, Microsoft doesn't does a
poor job of "educating" along these lines--particularly by having "show
file extensions" off, by default, in the Windows File Manager).

Re: Remote access to PC

<ufbtvn$1j7hi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74480&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74480

From: Tpayne@nospam.net (TPayne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 09:59:19 -0400
 by: TPayne - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 13:59 UTC

On 9/26/2023 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
> I have Windows Version 10, Pro., and a friend has Windows Version 10,
> Home.  My friend wishes for me to connect and control her PC remotely,
> through the GUI, for a short period of time.
>
> From what I've read, "Windows Remote Desktop" would make it easy for my
> friends computer to control mine (based on our operating systems), but
> that's not what we need (wrong direction).
>
> Can anyone recommend some decent free software that will help me do what
> I described at the top (ease of use is a big plus)?
>
> Thank you for your guidance!

I have used a program called "Chatox" and its predecessor "Brosix" for 7
or 8 years almost daily without a single negative thing to say about it.
One of its features is "screen sharing" which may be just what you are
looking for. Works with:

>Desktop computer or Laptop with Windows, Mac OS or Linux
>Mobile device with Android or iOS
>Any other device with a Web browser

Take a look, www.chatox.com

Re: Remote access to PC

<ufca9e$24rfp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74482&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74482

From: nobody@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:29:17 +0100
 by: Graham J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:29 UTC

Bill wrote:
> On 9/26/2023 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
>> I have Windows Version 10, Pro., and a friend has Windows Version 10,
>> Home.  My friend wishes for me to connect and control her PC remotely,
>> through the GUI, for a short period of time.
>> Thank you for your guidance!
>
> Thank you to everyone who offered help with this. The answers are
> informative and appear to provide what I need (and then some)!
>
> Unfortunately, my friend became ill, so it will be a few more days
> before we can try using "remote access". She doesn't know anything about
> file extensions (in my not so humble opinion, Microsoft doesn't does a
> poor job of "educating" along these lines--particularly by having "show
> file extensions" off, by default, in the Windows File Manager).

The M$ philosophy seem to be to hide all useful information.

--
Graham J

Re: Remote access to PC

<ufcacf$24rfp$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74483&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74483

From: nobody@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:30:55 +0100
 by: Graham J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:30 UTC

TPayne wrote:
> On 9/26/2023 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
>> I have Windows Version 10, Pro., and a friend has Windows Version 10,
>> Home.  My friend wishes for me to connect and control her PC remotely,
>> through the GUI, for a short period of time.
>>
>>  From what I've read, "Windows Remote Desktop" would make it easy for my
>> friends computer to control mine (based on our operating systems), but
>> that's not what we need (wrong direction).
>>
>> Can anyone recommend some decent free software that will help me do
>> what I described at the top (ease of use is a big plus)?
>>
>> Thank you for your guidance!
>
> I have used a program called "Chatox" and its predecessor "Brosix" for 7
> or 8 years almost daily without a single negative thing to say about it.
>  One of its features is "screen sharing" which may be just what you are
> looking for. Works with:
>
> >Desktop computer or Laptop with Windows, Mac OS or Linux
> >Mobile device with Android or iOS
> >Any other device with a Web browser
>
> Take a look,     www.chatox.com

Does it achieve screen sharing of an iPad? This is an area where being
able to help a naive user would be really good.

--
Graham J

Re: Remote access to PC

<ufcir7.10gk.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74484&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74484

From: this@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: 1 Oct 2023 17:55:24 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:55 UTC

Graham J <nobody@nowhere.co.uk> wrote:
> TPayne wrote:
> > On 9/26/2023 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
> >> I have Windows Version 10, Pro., and a friend has Windows Version 10,
> >> Home.  My friend wishes for me to connect and control her PC remotely,
> >> through the GUI, for a short period of time.
> >>
> >>  From what I've read, "Windows Remote Desktop" would make it easy for my
> >> friends computer to control mine (based on our operating systems), but
> >> that's not what we need (wrong direction).
> >>
> >> Can anyone recommend some decent free software that will help me do
> >> what I described at the top (ease of use is a big plus)?
> >>
> >> Thank you for your guidance!
> >
> > I have used a program called "Chatox" and its predecessor "Brosix" for 7
> > or 8 years almost daily without a single negative thing to say about it.
> >  One of its features is "screen sharing" which may be just what you are
> > looking for. Works with:
> >
> > >Desktop computer or Laptop with Windows, Mac OS or Linux
> > >Mobile device with Android or iOS
> > >Any other device with a Web browser
> >
> > Take a look,     www.chatox.com
>
> Does it achieve screen sharing of an iPad? This is an area where being
> able to help a naive user would be really good.

Well, there's an iPhone/iPad version and the 'FEATURES' list doesn't
say that Screen-sharing is not available for iOS.

And you can of course use TeamViewer, which for some unknown reason
you seem to dislike:

On the iPad/'slave' side:

'TeamViewer QuickSupport'
<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/teamviewer-quicksupport/id661649585>

Re: Remote access to PC

<ufcc35$2e1ga$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74485&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74485

From: Tpayne@nospam.net (TPayne)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 14:00:05 -0400
 by: TPayne - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:00 UTC

On 10/1/2023 1:30 PM, Graham J wrote:
> TPayne wrote:
>> On 9/26/2023 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
>>> I have Windows Version 10, Pro., and a friend has Windows Version 10,
>>> Home.  My friend wishes for me to connect and control her PC
>>> remotely, through the GUI, for a short period of time.
>>>
>>>  From what I've read, "Windows Remote Desktop" would make it easy for my
>>> friends computer to control mine (based on our operating systems),
>>> but that's not what we need (wrong direction).
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend some decent free software that will help me do
>>> what I described at the top (ease of use is a big plus)?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your guidance!
>>
>> I have used a program called "Chatox" and its predecessor "Brosix" for
>> 7 or 8 years almost daily without a single negative thing to say about
>> it.   One of its features is "screen sharing" which may be just what
>> you are looking for. Works with:
>>
>>  >Desktop computer or Laptop with Windows, Mac OS or Linux
>>  >Mobile device with Android or iOS
>>  >Any other device with a Web browser
>>
>> Take a look,     www.chatox.com
>
> Does it achieve screen sharing of an iPad?  This is an area where being
> able to help a naive user would be really good.

The features list says:"Any other device with a Web browser". I'm not a
user of an iPad so I can't answer you for sure. Try it out!

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Remote access to PC