Parkinson's Law: Work expands to fill the time alloted it.

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: 3 body problem

SubjectAuthor
* 3 body problembertitaylor
+* Re: 3 body problemPeter Moylan
|+- Re: 3 body problemjerryfriedman
|+- Re: 3 body problemPhil Carmody
|+- Re: 3 body problemlar3ryca
|`- Re: 3 body problemJ. J. Lodder
+* Re: 3 body problemjerryfriedman
|+* Re: 3 body problemHibou
||+- Re: 3 body problemHibou
||`* Re: 3 body problemjerryfriedman
|| +* Re: 3 body problemBertel Lund Hansen
|| |`- Re: 3 body problemjerryfriedman
|| +- Re: 3 body problemSam Plusnet
|| `* Re: 3 body problemPhil Carmody
||  `- Re: 3 body problemjerryfriedman
|`* Re: 3 body problemoccam
| `* Re: 3 body problemJoerg Walther
|  `* Re: 3 body problemoccam
|   +* Re: 3 body problemAdam Funk
|   |`* Re: 3 body problemSam Plusnet
|   | +* Re: 3 body problemBertel Lund Hansen
|   | |`- Re: 3 body problemAthel Cornish-Bowden
|   | +- Re: 3 body problemAdam Funk
|   | `* Re: 3 body problemAnders D. Nygaard
|   |  `- Re: 3 body problemBertel Lund Hansen
|   `* Re: 3 body problemPeter Moylan
|    `- Re: 3 body problemoccam
`* Re: 3 body problembertietaylor
 `* Re: 3 body problemJ. J. Lodder
  `* Re: 3 body problemSam Plusnet
   `- Re: 3 body problemJ. J. Lodder

Pages:12
Re: 3 body problem

<uu0fhf$2miku$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=204094&group=alt.usage.english#204094

From: larry@invalid.ca (lar3ryca)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: 3 body problem
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 00:49:19 -0600
 by: lar3ryca - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 06:49 UTC

On 2024-03-24 18:09, Peter Moylan wrote:
> On 25/03/24 10:56, bertitaylor wrote:
>
>> 3 body problem is a Netflix serial.
>> It is about the possible extinction of our species by aliens.
>> Apparently we deserve to be extinct as we cannot be trusted, as we lie.
>> Are such aliens autistic?
>
> Is this from the novel by Liu Cixin? After reading the first few
> chapters, I decided not to read anything else by that author.

One of my nephews mentioned this series on the weekend. After reading a
synopsis of them, my first though was to wonder if the author used any
ideas from a Fredric Brown short story called /Placet is a Crazy Place/.

I've always enjoyed Fredric Browns stuff.

--
I know man both ept and ert.
Not intro or extro.

Re: 3 body problem

<1qr3qb4.162dvtm1xvx6lzN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=204121&group=alt.usage.english#204121

From: nospam@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 23:25:32 +0100
 by: J. J. Lodder - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 22:25 UTC

Peter Moylan <peter@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

> On 25/03/24 10:56, bertitaylor wrote:
>
> > 3 body problem is a Netflix serial.
> > It is about the possible extinction of our species by aliens.
> > Apparently we deserve to be extinct as we cannot be trusted, as we lie.
> > Are such aliens autistic?
>
> Is this from the novel by Liu Cixin? After reading the first few
> chapters, I decided not to read anything else by that author.

Yes, and Me2,

Jan

Re: 3 body problem

<1b8b8c01bf7ca2d8ca5d03f4d52f577e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=204739&group=alt.usage.english#204739

From: bertietaylor@myyahoo.com (bertietaylor)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:36:06 +0000
 by: bertietaylor - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:36 UTC

bertitaylor wrote:

> 3 body problem is a Netflix serial.
> It is about the possible extinction of our species by aliens.
> Apparently we deserve to be extinct as we cannot be trusted, as we lie.
> Are such aliens autistic?

> bt

Autistic or not, they seem nasty.
The days when aliens with superior technology had superior moral values are gone! No more Vulcans to be found!
Communication happens with quantum entanglement, with four photons.
Two there and two here, the two here acting as supercomputers that disrupt electronics.
As there is quantum entanglement the information from Earth goes there to the aliens instantaneously.
However their physical presence here will take 400 years for they can come only at a small percentage of the speed of light. Einstein rules for them as well.
They think we are bugs.
Well at this stage we bugs know a thing or two and may learn some more within 400 years.
Like how to slice up a ship like a boiled egg with graphene wires.

bt

Re: 3 body problem

<1qrl554.okqgu7xatx8mN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=204794&group=alt.usage.english#204794

From: nospam@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 12:44:32 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 10:44 UTC

bertietaylor <bertietaylor@myyahoo.com> wrote:

> bertitaylor wrote:
>
> > 3 body problem is a Netflix serial.
> > It is about the possible extinction of our species by aliens.
> > Apparently we deserve to be extinct as we cannot be trusted, as we lie.
> > Are such aliens autistic?
>
> > bt
>
> Autistic or not, they seem nasty.
> The days when aliens with superior technology had superior moral values
> are gone! No more Vulcans to be found! Communication happens with quantum
> entanglement, with four photons. Two there and two here, the two here
> acting as supercomputers that disrupt electronics. As there is quantum
> entanglement the information from Earth goes there to the aliens
> instantaneously. However their physical presence here will take 400 years
> for they can come only at a small percentage of the speed of light.
> Einstein rules for them as well. They think we are bugs. Well at this
> stage we bugs know a thing or two and may learn some more within 400
> years. Like how to slice up a ship like a boiled egg with graphene wires.

How could we possibly have thought that they must be BEMs,
out to grab our blond long-legged scientist's daughters?

Jan

Re: 3 body problem

<utgQN.16710$KQ2.3433@fx02.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=204826&group=alt.usage.english#204826

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:26:34 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:26 UTC

On 06-Apr-24 11:44, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> bertietaylor <bertietaylor@myyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> bertitaylor wrote:
>>
>>> 3 body problem is a Netflix serial.
>>> It is about the possible extinction of our species by aliens.
>>> Apparently we deserve to be extinct as we cannot be trusted, as we lie.
>>> Are such aliens autistic?
>>
>>> bt
>>
>> Autistic or not, they seem nasty.
>> The days when aliens with superior technology had superior moral values
>> are gone! No more Vulcans to be found! Communication happens with quantum
>> entanglement, with four photons. Two there and two here, the two here
>> acting as supercomputers that disrupt electronics. As there is quantum
>> entanglement the information from Earth goes there to the aliens
>> instantaneously. However their physical presence here will take 400 years
>> for they can come only at a small percentage of the speed of light.
>> Einstein rules for them as well. They think we are bugs. Well at this
>> stage we bugs know a thing or two and may learn some more within 400
>> years. Like how to slice up a ship like a boiled egg with graphene wires.
>
> How could we possibly have thought that they must be BEMs,
> out to grab our blond long-legged scientist's daughters?

Is it important that the scientists should have long legs?
A vital plot point perhaps?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: 3 body problem

<1qrm21i.1nsew3cn0ucnN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=204831&group=alt.usage.english#204831

From: nospam@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 20:58:10 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:58 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> On 06-Apr-24 11:44, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> > bertietaylor <bertietaylor@myyahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Autistic or not, they seem nasty.
> >> The days when aliens with superior technology had superior moral values
> >> are gone! No more Vulcans to be found! Communication happens with quantum
> >> entanglement, with four photons. Two there and two here, the two here
> >> acting as supercomputers that disrupt electronics. As there is quantum
> >> entanglement the information from Earth goes there to the aliens
> >> instantaneously. However their physical presence here will take 400 years
> >> for they can come only at a small percentage of the speed of light.
> >> Einstein rules for them as well. They think we are bugs. Well at this
> >> stage we bugs know a thing or two and may learn some more within 400
> >> years. Like how to slice up a ship like a boiled egg with graphene wires.
> >
> > How could we possibly have thought that they must be BEMs,
> > out to grab our blond long-legged scientist's daughters?
>
> Is it important that the scientists should have long legs?
> A vital plot point perhaps?

No plot point. The long legs appear on the magazine cover only,
making it immediately obvious who has them,

Jan