It is easier to run down a hill than up one.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

SubjectAuthor
* Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecutterAmandaa Ripanykhazov
+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecujmcquown
> [...]
||  `- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecumy foolish hammer-drill
|+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuS Viemeister
||+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuMike Duffy
|||+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|||`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuEd P
||`- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecucshenk
+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuAmandaa Ripanykhazov
`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecudsi1

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<c5a19be0cb648bd8d673fcd13827a979@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307180&group=rec.food.cooking#307180

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:05:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Toda
y's article in Wirecutter)
From: dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: dsi1 - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:05 UTC

The invention of the automatic rice cooker was a Godsend to the Asian world. It's as important as an electric toaster or electric clothes dryer in the Western home. Unless you cook rice at least once a day, you might miss the significance of this kitchen tool. There's not much point in getting one of these high dollar machines unless you're fanatical about rice. Don't bother unless you're a rice connoisseur of the highest level.
I've been cooking rice since my mom taught me when I was a small kid. The way every Asian kid is taught to cook rice is to wash it until the water runs clear. The truth is that the water never gets clear so we just wash the rice 5 or 6 times. As far as how much water to add, you touch the tip of your index finger up to the top of the rice and add water until the level reaches the first crease on your finger. That water level stays the same no matter how much rice you're cooking. Obviously, this strange phenomenon greatly simplifies the question of how much water you should be using.
These days, I'll add water to a somewhat lower level - a 3/4" water level seems to be the sweet spot. I guess the length of my index finger has grown somewhat.

My suggestion is that you start with a water level at the standard Asian level I.e., the first crease on your index finger and make adjustments as you cook a few batches. It should only take you 3 or less tries to get the water level right.

Yesterday, we had kim chee fried rice for breakfast. Gosh, it's a local favorite!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3BPRuVSGsScXh7TDA

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvslaq$2muih$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307184&group=rec.food.cooking#307184

From: Hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:36:04 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 02:36 UTC

dsi1 wrote:
> The invention of the automatic rice cooker was a Godsend to the Asian
> world.

Long time no see, Uncle Tojo! How are you doing without google these days?

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<l8e567FccoeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307185&group=rec.food.cooking#307185

From: leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: 19 Apr 2024 03:02:31 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 03:02 UTC

On 2024-04-19, dsi1 <dsi100@yahoo.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Yesterday, we had kim chee fried rice for breakfast. Gosh, it's a local favorite!
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/3BPRuVSGsScXh7TDA

Sounds like you. Photo like you. I'm pretty sure it's you. Welcome back.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvspta$2nnfg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307188&group=rec.food.cooking#307188

From: Bruce@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:54:17 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 03:54 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:13:01 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

> But then again, I don't need a rice cooker.

We know. You're stuck in a groove.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvsqtn$2ntlt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307190&group=rec.food.cooking#307190

From: Bruce@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:11:28 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:11 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:05:56 +0000, dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

>The invention of the automatic rice cooker was a Godsend to the Asian world. It's as important as an electric toaster or electric clothes dryer in the Western home. Unless you cook rice at least once a day, you might miss the significance of this kitchen tool. There's not much point in getting one of these high dollar machines unless you're fanatical about rice. Don't bother unless you're a rice connoisseur of the highest level.

My mother cooked rice 4 days a week or so. Always on the hub.
>I've been cooking rice since my mom taught me when I was a small kid. The way every Asian kid is taught to cook rice is to wash it until the water runs clear. The truth is that the water never gets clear so we just wash the rice 5 or 6 times. As far as how much water to add, you touch the tip of your index finger up to the top of the rice and add water until the level reaches the first crease on your finger. That water level stays the same no matter how much rice you're cooking. Obviously, this strange phenomenon greatly simplifies the question of how much water you should be using.
>These days, I'll add water to a somewhat lower level - a 3/4" water level seems to be the sweet spot. I guess the length of my index finger has grown somewhat.
>
>My suggestion is that you start with a water level at the standard Asian level I.e., the first crease on your index finger and make adjustments as you cook a few batches. It should only take you 3 or less tries to get the water level right.
>
>Yesterday, we had kim chee fried rice for breakfast. Gosh, it's a local favorite!
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/3BPRuVSGsScXh7TDA

I think I'd like that a lot.

Welcome back if it's you, but the line length suggests it is.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<f25216f1b010a8cbaac45bf5dc3eee47@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307191&group=rec.food.cooking#307191

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:22:13 +0000
y's article in Wirecutter)
From: gregorymorrow@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: GM - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:22 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
>> The invention of the automatic rice cooker was a Godsend to the Asian
>> world.

> Long time no see, Uncle Tojo! How are you doing without google these days?

Oh, my pwayers worked - UNCA TOJO IS BACK...!!!

🙏

O:-)

--
GM

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Toda y's article in Wirecutter)

<6621f34d$0$7072$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307193&group=rec.food.cooking#307193

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
y's article in Wirecutter)
From: invalid@nospam.com (Hank Rogers)
Date: 19 Apr 2024 04:30:06 GMT
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:30 UTC

GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com> wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>> The invention of the automatic rice cooker was a Godsend to the Asian
>>> world.
>
>> Long time no see, Uncle Tojo! How are you doing without google these days?
>
> Oh, my pwayers worked - UNCA TOJO IS BACK...!!!
>
> 🙏
>
> O:-)

Now we’ll get reliable news about all the shit on da mainland.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Toda y's article in Wirecutter)

<uvssbv$2o4j5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307195&group=rec.food.cooking#307195

From: Bruce@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:36:14 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:36 UTC

On 19 Apr 2024 04:30:06 GMT, Hank Rogers <invalid@nospam.com> wrote:

>GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com> wrote:
>> Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> Long time no see, Uncle Tojo! How are you doing without google these days?
>>
>> Oh, my pwayers worked - UNCA TOJO IS BACK...!!!
>>
>> 🙏
>>
>> O:-)
>>

> Now we’ll get reliable news about all the shit on da mainland.

It's a nice change from all the white boomer food talk.

--
Bruce (white boomer)

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Toda y's article in Wirecutter)

<5931edc07aedbdd7224dbb76ef2d30c2@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307196&group=rec.food.cooking#307196

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:58:22 +0000
y's article in Wirecutter)
From: gregorymorrow@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: GM - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:58 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote:

> GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com> wrote:
>> Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> Long time no see, Uncle Tojo! How are you doing without google these days?
>>
>> Oh, my pwayers worked - UNCA TOJO IS BACK...!!!
>>
>> 🙏
>>
>> O:-)
>>

> Now we’ll get reliable news about all the shit on da mainland.

I am as THRILLED about this as I was when I became a Born Again Christian...!!!

Numbers 6:24-25:

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace..."

O:-)

--
GM

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<4db4f8186ee2f93125c590d8136b4966@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307199&group=rec.food.cooking#307199

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:23:25 +0000
y's article in Wirecutter)
From: dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: dsi1 - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:23 UTC

I'm back with a more reserved and restrained voice.

The state of our little town is that food prices are through the roof but the food is pretty nice. I got a pork shoulder for 22 bucks today and stuffed that piece of meat into my slow cooker. I'll let it go for a day or so before shredding it to make kalua pork. I've been eating some wonderful food so you might say that life is beautiful.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SYogpo1gNkgcCKVW9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5XBMoT5C492ZbG9U7

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<426824b7093dca422d8975112ae661ce@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307200&group=rec.food.cooking#307200

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:42:29 +0000
y's article in Wirecutter)
From: dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: dsi1 - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:42 UTC

Your mom didn't teach you how to cook rice? Interesting. If your dad had gotten her an automatic rice cooker, she would have cooked more rice. My guess is that you meant to say your mom always cooked rice on the "hob" - but I could be wrong.

The wonderful news is that I posted the very last two rfc message on Google Groups - just another accomplishment to embellish my resume.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.food.cooking/c/I1Fvk7Ovm7M/m/8_a0_cpKAAAJ

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.food.cooking/c/bPXDYu_MCUY/m/pEna3CBJAAAJ

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvt91k$2qloj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307202&group=rec.food.cooking#307202

From: Bruce@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:12:35 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:12 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:42:31 +0000, dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

>Your mom didn't teach you how to cook rice?

She did.

> Interesting. If your dad had gotten her an automatic rice cooker, she would have
> cooked more rice.

Why? We didn't eat rice every day.

> My guess is that you meant to say your mom always cooked rice on the "hob" - but I could be wrong.

Yes, I said "hub" didn't I? She didn't cook rice on my dad.

By the way, can't you quote what you're replying to?

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<MPG.408c3fd4c8eb5b89989c47@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307204&group=rec.food.cooking#307204

From: nobody@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:46:53 +0100
 by: Janet - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:46 UTC

In article <uvs9e6$2ehm0$11@dont-email.me>,
j_mcquown@comcast.net says...

> On 4/18/2024 11:37 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
> >
> >> Leaving the krazies aside for a moment, does anyone know if what
> >> Wirecutter describes as the Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy foolproof method is
> >> any different from any other company's fuzzy logic?  Or, indeed, any
> >> different model from Zojirushi or earlier Fuzzy Logic rice cookers?
> >
> > I had a suspicion that someone would respond "I have been doing rice for
> > years in a saucepan on a log campfire and I always get it right. It is
> > so easy that how could anyone get it wrong and need this super-expensive
> > Zojirushi model?"
> >
> I'm not sure anyone here can answer your question.

I'm not sure why anyone here would engage with a man
who boasts he'd rip your knickers off.

Ida Kykimindakrotch

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<f60d5455-d892-3b0e-0218-a4c5bcb054fe@example.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307205&group=rec.food.cooking#307205

From: nospam@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:49:39 +0200
 by: D - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:49 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024, jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/18/2024 12:14 PM, Ed P wrote:

>>> Agree. I always use the MV for rice. Heating goes directly
>>> to water molecules only, thus making browning possible
>>> only when all water within the cavity has been released.
>>>
>>> Yhis is opposed to conduction, where burning is possible at
>>> the bottom while still overlaid with wet rice. If you do
>>> start browning with a MV, it occurs dispersed throughout
>>> as a function of time-averaged standing wave loci.
>>>

>> Rarely eat rice so for three times a year I take a shortcut.  Uncle Ben's
>> in the pouch.  MW for 90 seconds.  Enough for two meals.
>
> Shhhh! You're not allowed to call it "Uncle Ben's" anymore... ;)
>
> Jill

Really?? But what do they call it? Uncle who? Ben, the brother of the
father? ;)

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvtc7d$2to40$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307212&group=rec.food.cooking#307212

From: Bruce@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:06:52 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:06 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:46:53 +0100, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:

>In article <uvs9e6$2ehm0$11@dont-email.me>,
>j_mcquown@comcast.net says...

>> > I had a suspicion that someone would respond "I have been doing rice for
>> > years in a saucepan on a log campfire and I always get it right. It is
>> > so easy that how could anyone get it wrong and need this super-expensive
>> > Zojirushi model?"
>> >
>> I'm not sure anyone here can answer your question.
>
> I'm not sure why anyone here would engage with a man
>who boasts he'd rip your knickers off.

You're talking to a woman from a country that may well elect a man who
recommends grabbing women by the pussy, so ripping their knickers off
is nothing.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<7c46b02f-6111-da5b-869d-735eca952597@example.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307213&group=rec.food.cooking#307213

From: nospam@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:09:32 +0200
 by: D - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:09 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024, dsi1 wrote:

> I'm back with a more reserved and restrained voice.
>
> The state of our little town is that food prices are through the roof but the
> food is pretty nice. I got a pork shoulder for 22 bucks today and stuffed
> that piece of meat into my slow cooker. I'll let it go for a day or so before
> shredding it to make kalua pork. I've been eating some wonderful food so you
> might say that life is beautiful.
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/SYogpo1gNkgcCKVW9
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/5XBMoT5C492ZbG9U7

That is one beautiful pig!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<6622695b$0$6547$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307221&group=rec.food.cooking#307221

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:53:47 -0400
article in Wirecutter)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:53 UTC

On 4/19/2024 4:49 AM, D wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Rarely eat rice so for three times a year I take a shortcut.  Uncle
>>> Ben's in the pouch.  MW for 90 seconds.  Enough for two meals.
>>
>> Shhhh!  You're not allowed to call it "Uncle Ben's" anymore... ;)
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Really?? But what do they call it? Uncle who? Ben, the brother of the
> father? ;)

He was buried with Aunt Jemima.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<IcuUN.18976$KQ2.5798@fx02.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307224&group=rec.food.cooking#307224

article in Wirecutter)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: crsp.p.bacon1@none.none (Chris_P_Bacon)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:20:40 -0400
 by: Chris_P_Bacon - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:20 UTC

Ed P wrote:
> On 4/19/2024 4:49 AM, D wrote:
>> Really?? But what do they call it? Uncle who? Ben, the brother of the
>> father? ;)
>
> He was buried with Aunt Jemima.

I hear they are changing the name Aunt Jemima.

Not so sure "Uncle Toms" is the best replacement.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419084645.30a117ef@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307226&group=rec.food.cooking#307226

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:46:45 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:46 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:26:43 -0500
Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:14:54 +0000, "cshenk"
> > <cshenk@virginia-beach.net> wrote:

> >> They only make sense to those who make a lot of rice. In your
> >> case, sell or donate it to charity.
> >
> > Why is it good for frequent use, but not for occasional use?
> >

> You tell us, Master? How do you feel about rice cooker usage?

Off with their steam pots!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419084905.18569c80@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307228&group=rec.food.cooking#307228

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:49:05 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:49 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:31:59 -0500
Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:

> >> We've had one since Don and I lived in Hawaii. 1986-1989.  Don had
> >> been living in Asia or Hawaii for 10 years and was used to it with
> >> most meals.  It fit me fine as I made a lot of rice when in
> >> college.
> >>
> >> Not sure if it's worth counterspace for him.
> >
> > Apparently the OP wants to know if this particular brand will live
> > up to the claims of never screwing up rice even if you add the
> > wrong amount of water.  Does anyone here know?
> >
> > Jill
>

> You'd need a wise asian for that, your majesty. We lost old Tojo when
> google groups shit, so cshank may be the closest you can get to a
> genuine dink.

Some manga to go with her mange.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419085414.19064501@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307233&group=rec.food.cooking#307233

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:54:14 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:54 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:13:01 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't need a rice cooker.

But then again, not even your troll friends here give a flying fuck.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419090604.458a8566@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307244&group=rec.food.cooking#307244

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:06:04 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:06 UTC

dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

> I've been cooking rice since my mom taught me when I was a small kid.
> The way every Asian kid is taught to cook rice is to wash it until
> the water runs clear. The truth is that the water never gets clear so
> we just wash the rice 5 or 6 times. As far as how much water to add,
> you touch the tip of your index finger up to the top of the rice and
> add water until the level reaches the first crease on your finger.
> That water level stays the same no matter how much rice you're
> cooking.

But would have to vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity,
of course.

Iow, don't expect the same results in Barstow as the Bay area.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419090740.1db05e5a@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307246&group=rec.food.cooking#307246

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:07:40 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:07 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:36:04 -0500
Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
> > The invention of the automatic rice cooker was a Godsend to the
> > Asian world.
>
> Long time no see, Uncle Tojo! How are you doing without google these
> days?

Looks like he anon server'd up easily enuff.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419090929.5268a683@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307248&group=rec.food.cooking#307248

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:09:29 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:09 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:54:17 +1000
Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:13:01 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > But then again, I don't need a rice cooker.
>
> We know. You're stuck in a groove.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/XBVLRxZ6sqEAAAAC/donna-record.gif

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Toda y's article in Wirecutter)

<20240419091117.0f3690cb@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=307251&group=rec.food.cooking#307251

From: not@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:11:17 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:11 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:36:14 +1000
Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On 19 Apr 2024 04:30:06 GMT, Hank Rogers <invalid@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com> wrote:

> >> Oh, my pwayers worked - UNCA TOJO IS BACK...!!!
> >>
> >> 🙏
> >>
> >> O:-)
> >>

> > Now we’ll get reliable news about all the shit on da mainland.
>
> It's a nice change from all the white boomer food talk.

Predictable leftarded racism - noice!