Keep grandma off the streets -- legalize bingo.

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

SubjectAuthor
* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?JGibson
+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
|+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
||`* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?xyzzy
|| +- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?irishranger317@gmail.com
|| `* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
||  `* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?xyzzy
||   `* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
||    `* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?xyzzy
||     `* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
||      +- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?MummyChunk
||      `- Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?MummyChunk
|+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?JGibson
||+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
|||`- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?JGibson
||`- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?RoddyMcCorley
|+- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
|+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Happy Holidaze
||`- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
|`* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?xyzzy
| `- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
+- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Corky
+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Some dued
+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?jimbr...@yahoo.com
|`- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
+- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?DustyMcDanerson
+* Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?joe
|`- Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
`* Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?JE Corbett
 `- Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?xyzzy

Pages:12
Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<ulqaql$3lq9l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69511&group=rec.sport.football.college#69511

From: xyzzy.dude@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 20:41:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jSsF0GtcCrHjsd5bduQ587tHSlE=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 20:41 UTC

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-18, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:

>>> Darn! Missed my window. :)
>>>
>>> I'll keep looking for opportunities. I was thinking I might try learning
>>> now that I am only a few miles from the EAA location, but considering my
>>> medical situation I decided discretion was the better part of valor.
>>>

>> Flying gliders doesn’t require an FAA medical, if that interests you.
>
> I remember that from when I was a kid...how hard is it to get a tow?

It’s generally a service offered by all glider clubs. Looks like there’s
one near you at Seminole Lake https://www.soarfl.com/

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<slrnuo1cd6.1e3r3.constance@karen.heins.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69512&group=rec.sport.football.college#69512

From: constance@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 20:55:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 20:55 UTC

On 2023-12-18, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:

>>> Flying gliders doesn’t require an FAA medical, if that interests you.
>>
>> I remember that from when I was a kid...how hard is it to get a tow?
>

> It’s generally a service offered by all glider clubs. Looks like there’s
> one near you at Seminole Lake https://www.soarfl.com/

I was thinking of doing it in the summer up by our house in Fond du Lac.
Looks like there is a place less than an hour from my place...

I think we are planning to ride a boat over to watch the EAA show this
summer. I don't know what the protocol is for that other than just
shooting on over...but I am sure our neighbors will give us all the
info.

--
An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown

Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<A-6cne1eCMovtR74nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69527&group=rec.sport.football.college#69527

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:47:30 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:47 UTC

> JGibson wrote:
> Just saw this note that the top of rsfc:
>
> *BEGIN QUOTE*
> Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support
new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and
new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching
of historical data will still be supported as it is done
today

Just use another site that provides web based access to
the group. They are a few out there for those who do not want to use
a NNTP server for access.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657370456#657370456

Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<3ffb0b41-fa97-424f-a5ca-09a665034372n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69847&group=rec.sport.football.college#69847

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:23:19 -0800 (PST)
From: watsona64@gmail.com (unclejr)
 by: unclejr - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 00:23 UTC

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 9:45:15 AM UTC-6, unclejr wrote:
> On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 7:11:09 AM UTC-6, Some dued wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 4:03:32 PM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> > > Just saw this note that the top of rsfc:
> > >
> > > *BEGIN QUOTE*
> > > Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today
> > It's a mercy killing.
> > AFO&U I guess after 25 years of mostly lurking.
> AFO&U after 19 years here.

The only post to rsfc today was my Wordle post. Sad. Pathetic too.

Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<4ba8fdf4-83f4-49e5-8fc2-872dee7270c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69848&group=rec.sport.football.college#69848

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:45:48 -0800 (PST)
From: jecorbett4@gmail.com (JE Corbett)
 by: JE Corbett - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 00:45 UTC

On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 5:03:32 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
> Just saw this note that the top of rsfc:
>
> *BEGIN QUOTE*
> Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today

I'm giving up all my google groups. I waste too much time on them as it is. I'm not going to pay for an alternative.

Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<E1-dnXVtF4zudjb4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69850&group=rec.sport.football.college#69850

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 15:49:07 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 15:49 UTC

> > On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 5:03:32PM UTC-5, JGibson
wrote:
> > Just saw this note that the top of rsfc:
> >
> > *BEGIN QUOTE*
> > Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support
new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and
new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching
of historical data will still be supported as it is done today

> JE Corbett wrote:
>

> I'm giving up all my google groups. I waste too much time on them
as it is. I'm not going to pay for an alternative.

Why pay when there are plenty of options where you do not need to pay
and they work the same as Google Groups (or better)

Here for example.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657370456#657370456

Re: Do I get a newsreader or do I just give up on rsfc?

<uokk3s$esvs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=69855&group=rec.sport.football.college#69855

From: xyzzy.dude@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 02:32:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hzcwdtOn+H9Kq2UFChz/QEP+kdk=
 by: xyzzy - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 02:32 UTC

JE Corbett <jecorbett4@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 5:03:32 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
>> Just saw this note that the top of rsfc:
>>
>> *BEGIN QUOTE*
>> Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new
>> Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new
>> content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
>> historical data will still be supported as it is done today
>
> I'm giving up all my google groups. I waste too much time on them as it
> is. I'm not going to pay for an alternative.

I’ve been using NewsTap Lite and free Eternal September account for years
now