"I have five dollars for each of you." -- Bernhard Goetz

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Hope for Canada

SubjectAuthor
* Hope for CanadaAMuzi
`* Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
 `* Re: Hope for CanadaJohn B.
  `* Re: Hope for CanadaAMuzi
   +* Re: Hope for CanadaJeff Liebermann
   |`* Re: Hope for CanadaAMuzi
   | +* Re: Hope for CanadaJohn B.
   | |`- Re: Hope for CanadaAMuzi
   | +* Re: Hope for CanadaJeff Liebermann
   | |+* Re: Hope for CanadaAMuzi
   | ||+* Re: Hope for CanadaFrank Krygowski
   | ||`* Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
   | || `- Re: Hope for CanadaJeff Liebermann
   | |+* Re: Hope for CanadaFrank Krygowski
   | ||`- Re: Hope for CanadaRadey Shouman
   | |`- Re: Hope for CanadaCatrike Ryder
   | `* Re: Hope for CanadaAndre Jute
   |  `- Re: Hope for CanadaCatrike Ryder
   +* Re: Hope for CanadaJohn B.
   |`- Re: Hope for CanadaAMuzi
   `* Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
    `* Re: Hope for CanadaJohn B.
     `* Re: Hope for CanadaRoger Merriman
      `* Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
       `* Re: Hope for CanadaRoger Merriman
        `* Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
         `* Re: Hope for CanadaRoger Merriman
          `* RE: Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
           +* Re: RE: Re: Hope for CanadaFrank Krygowski
           |`* RE: Re: RE: Re: Hope for CanadaTom Kunich
           | `* Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hope for CanadaFrank Krygowski
           |  `- Re: Hope for CanadaJeff Liebermann
           +- Re: Hope for CanadaRoger Merriman
           `- Re: Hope for CanadaJeff Liebermann

Pages:12
Re: Hope for Canada

<xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=100393&group=rec.bicycles.tech#100393

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Hope for Canada
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:09:01 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:09 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 3:17:18 AM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> John B. <sloc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> By Gorry! You are right! Assuming, of course, that your definition of
>>> dementia is not believing a single word that Tommy posts.
>> If he’s had concussion like he said enough to cause epilepsy ie he’s on
>> medication then his risk of dementia is raised, even more for myself
>> clearly.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
> Roger, epilepsy-like seizures and it adds no increased risk of dementia.
> They were similar only in the fact that I could not remember the seizure
> after it passed. The medication has absolutely NO side effects concerning dementia.

Traumatic brain injury even concussion increases ones risk of dementia.
Clearly ramps up with frequency see football be that American or English
plus Rugby for sporting examples.

And epilepsy though that does diminish with time. Ie the risk is mostly in
the first few years post.

Non epileptic seizures tend to have a cause ie low blood sugar and so on,
in general if one is on medication it’s Epilepsy, the doctor maybe being
nice as I’d assume you’d loose your license in uk need to be at least a
year since last seizure.

Roger Merriman

Re: Hope for Canada

<ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=100479&group=rec.bicycles.tech#100479

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:30:33 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclintom@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 18:30 UTC

On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 8:09:05 AM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> If he’s had concussion like he said enough to cause epilepsy ie he’s on
> >> medication then his risk of dementia is raised, even more for myself
> >> clearly.
> >>
> >> Roger Merriman
> >
> > Roger, epilepsy-like seizures and it adds no increased risk of dementia..
> > They were similar only in the fact that I could not remember the seizure
> > after it passed. The medication has absolutely NO side effects concerning dementia.
> >
> Traumatic brain injury even concussion increases ones risk of dementia.
> Clearly ramps up with frequency see football be that American or English
> plus Rugby for sporting examples.
>
> And epilepsy though that does diminish with time. Ie the risk is mostly in
> the first few years post.
>
> Non epileptic seizures tend to have a cause ie low blood sugar and so on,
> in general if one is on medication it’s Epilepsy, the doctor maybe being
> nice as I’d assume you’d loose your license in uk need to be at least a
> year since last seizure.
>
> Roger Merriman

The seizures are caused by damage to a particular area of the brain and this causes NO increased threat of dementia which is caused by formation of plaques in the veins and it has been 12 years now with no additional symptoms.. And I was not allowed to drive for a year and used my bike for everything.. This despite the fact that they hadn't discovered my having seizures yet and probably being as much a threat on the bike as in a car. I am under the care of a professor of neurology at Stanford and he is quite honest about any additional possibilities and as long as I continue to take the pills which run about $3,000 per year, I have no problems.

Re: Hope for Canada

<3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=100533&group=rec.bicycles.tech#100533

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:23:59 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 10:23 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 8:09:05 AM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Roger, epilepsy-like seizures and it adds no increased risk of dementia.
>>> They were similar only in the fact that I could not remember the seizure
>>> after it passed. The medication has absolutely NO side effects concerning dementia.
>>>
>> Traumatic brain injury even concussion increases ones risk of dementia.
>> Clearly ramps up with frequency see football be that American or English
>> plus Rugby for sporting examples.
>>
>> And epilepsy though that does diminish with time. Ie the risk is mostly in
>> the first few years post.
>>
>> Non epileptic seizures tend to have a cause ie low blood sugar and so on,
>> in general if one is on medication it’s Epilepsy, the doctor maybe being
>> nice as I’d assume you’d loose your license in uk need to be at least a
>> year since last seizure.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
> The seizures are caused by damage to a particular area of the brain and
> this causes NO increased threat of dementia which is caused by formation
> of plaques in the veins and it has been 12 years now with no additional
> symptoms. And I was not allowed to drive for a year and used my bike for
> everything. This despite the fact that they hadn't discovered my having
> seizures yet and probably being as much a threat on the bike as in a car.
> I am under the care of a professor of neurology at Stanford and he is
> quite honest about any additional possibilities and as long as I continue
> to take the pills which run about $3,000 per year, I have no problems.

Again it’s not the Epilepsy that increases the dementia risk but the brain
injury even if mild. Fairly well documented and more so as more research is
being done.

Roger Merriman

RE: Re: Hope for Canada

<Ey4BN.85484$U1cc.8484@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101718&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101718

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
References: <uop70s$1e3fh$2@dont-email.me> <d083f2ca-92ea-4d10-beb6-5e95c0bea32fn@googlegroups.com> <gpf0rip8mhr3gc0g8mc8pklbgk36upvlo0@4ax.com> <uophng$1fs39$1@dont-email.me> <430f4c5b-0e96-4494-8052-8b7d5a389588n@googlegroups.com> <6413rihkdisljirvmnpvp61s3ng9ho47k3@4ax.com> <_qrsN.449995$cRu4.204553@fx04.ams4> <7aea7e24-1d46-4a86-9c45-dc1af829cfb3n@googlegroups.com> <xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4> <ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com> <3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4>
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: RE: Re: Hope for Canada
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:36:52 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:36 UTC

On Fri Feb 2 10:23:59 2024 Roger Merriman wrote:
> Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Traumatic brain injury even concussion increases ones risk of dementia.
> >> Clearly ramps up with frequency see football be that American or English
> >> plus Rugby for sporting examples.
> >>
> >> And epilepsy though that does diminish with time. Ie the risk is mostly in
> >> the first few years post.
> >>
> >> Non epileptic seizures tend to have a cause ie low blood sugar and so on,
> >> in general if one is on medication it?s Epilepsy, the doctor maybe being
> >> nice as I?d assume you?d loose your license in uk need to be at least a
> >> year since last seizure.
> >>
> >> Roger Merriman
> >
> > The seizures are caused by damage to a particular area of the brain and
> > this causes NO increased threat of dementia which is caused by formation
> > of plaques in the veins and it has been 12 years now with no additional
> > symptoms. And I was not allowed to drive for a year and used my bike for
> > everything. This despite the fact that they hadn't discovered my having
> > seizures yet and probably being as much a threat on the bike as in a car.
> > I am under the care of a professor of neurology at Stanford and he is
> > quite honest about any additional possibilities and as long as I continue
> > to take the pills which run about $3,000 per year, I have no problems.
> >

> Again it?s not the Epilepsy that increases the dementia risk but the brain
> injury even if mild. Fairly well documented and more so as more research is
> being done.
>
> Roger Merriman

I'm sure that you have a far better education in dementia than a professor or neurology at Stamford University. I am equally sure that the small lapses of memory due to normal aging, you are willing to chalk up as the onset of dementia. Let's just say that you may have your "well documented" opinion since you don't know the cause of dementia

Re: RE: Re: Hope for Canada

<ur2rvj$2ksgj$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101736&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101736

From: frkrygow@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: Hope for Canada
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:45:07 -0500
<gpf0rip8mhr3gc0g8mc8pklbgk36upvlo0@4ax.com> <uophng$1fs39$1@dont-email.me>
<430f4c5b-0e96-4494-8052-8b7d5a389588n@googlegroups.com>
<6413rihkdisljirvmnpvp61s3ng9ho47k3@4ax.com>
<_qrsN.449995$cRu4.204553@fx04.ams4>
<7aea7e24-1d46-4a86-9c45-dc1af829cfb3n@googlegroups.com>
<xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4>
<ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com>
<3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4> <Ey4BN.85484$U1cc.8484@fx04.iad>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:45 UTC

On 2/20/2024 11:36 AM, Tom Kunich wrote, sarcastically:

> I'm sure that you have a far better education in dementia than a professor or neurology at Stamford [sic] University.

Golly! Tom Kunich seems to be showing respect for education and training!

Will wonders never cease? :-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

RE: Re: RE: Re: Hope for Canada

<9GuBN.146050$JLvf.50724@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101856&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101856

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
References: <uop70s$1e3fh$2@dont-email.me> <d083f2ca-92ea-4d10-beb6-5e95c0bea32fn@googlegroups.com> <gpf0rip8mhr3gc0g8mc8pklbgk36upvlo0@4ax.com> <uophng$1fs39$1@dont-email.me> <430f4c5b-0e96-4494-8052-8b7d5a389588n@googlegroups.com> <6413rihkdisljirvmnpvp61s3ng9ho47k3@4ax.com> <_qrsN.449995$cRu4.204553@fx04.ams4> <7aea7e24-1d46-4a86-9c45-dc1af829cfb3n@googlegroups.com> <xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4> <ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com> <3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4> <Ey4BN.85484$U1cc.8484@fx04.iad> <ur2rvj$2ksgj$3@dont-email.me>
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hope for Canada
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 22:19:49 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 22:19 UTC

On Tue Feb 20 13:45:07 2024 Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/20/2024 11:36 AM, Tom Kunich wrote, sarcastically:
> >
> > I'm sure that you have a far better education in dementia than a professor or neurology at Stamford [sic] University.
>
> Golly! Tom Kunich seems to be showing respect for education and training!
>
> Will wonders never cease? :-)
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Frank, can you tell me when I did NOT respect education and training? The problem is that you only have
ONE definition and that is sitting in a classroom listing to some horses ass like you drone on as if you had a clue what was going on. It is YOU that don't know what education is and every time you jump on a typographical error it shows yet more plainly. You taught because you could not do.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hope for Canada

<ur6cqd$3k5di$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101870&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101870

From: frkrygow@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hope for Canada
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:50:53 -0500
<gpf0rip8mhr3gc0g8mc8pklbgk36upvlo0@4ax.com> <uophng$1fs39$1@dont-email.me>
<430f4c5b-0e96-4494-8052-8b7d5a389588n@googlegroups.com>
<6413rihkdisljirvmnpvp61s3ng9ho47k3@4ax.com>
<_qrsN.449995$cRu4.204553@fx04.ams4>
<7aea7e24-1d46-4a86-9c45-dc1af829cfb3n@googlegroups.com>
<xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4>
<ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com>
<3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4> <Ey4BN.85484$U1cc.8484@fx04.iad>
<ur2rvj$2ksgj$3@dont-email.me> <9GuBN.146050$JLvf.50724@fx44.iad>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:50 UTC

On 2/21/2024 5:19 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tue Feb 20 13:45:07 2024 Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 2/20/2024 11:36 AM, Tom Kunich wrote, sarcastically:
>>>
>>> I'm sure that you have a far better education in dementia than a professor or neurology at Stamford [sic] University.
>>
>> Golly! Tom Kunich seems to be showing respect for education and training!
>>
>> Will wonders never cease? :-)
>
> Frank, can you tell me when I did NOT respect education and training?

Frequently. For just one example, you claimed you enrolled in some
college but quit almost immediately because you already knew more than
the professors.

Personally, I think it's more likely that you either never enrolled, or
quickly realized you'd flunk out and therefore dropped out.

You've also said you didn't need education because you "read out" three
libraries.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Hope for Canada

<slvdtid8tofke17hgeoj5b35pqiltovkg1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101884&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101884

From: jeffl@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 00:05:37 -0800
References: <430f4c5b-0e96-4494-8052-8b7d5a389588n@googlegroups.com> <6413rihkdisljirvmnpvp61s3ng9ho47k3@4ax.com> <_qrsN.449995$cRu4.204553@fx04.ams4> <7aea7e24-1d46-4a86-9c45-dc1af829cfb3n@googlegroups.com> <xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4> <ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com> <3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4> <Ey4BN.85484$U1cc.8484@fx04.iad> <ur2rvj$2ksgj$3@dont-email.me> <9GuBN.146050$JLvf.50724@fx44.iad> <ur6cqd$3k5di$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 08:05 UTC

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:50:53 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/21/2024 5:19 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> Golly! Tom Kunich seems to be showing respect for education and training!
>>>
>>> Will wonders never cease? :-)
>>
>> Frank, can you tell me when I did NOT respect education and training?
>
>Frequently. For just one example, you claimed you enrolled in some
>college but quit almost immediately because you already knew more than
>the professors.

I recall he did say something like that, but I couldn't find it. This
is close enough:

09/18/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/H5UQas_9HLA/m/p9rFmANKBgAJ>
"I dropped out of the city college because it was adding absolutely
nothing to my career goals and wasn't that more important? Having a
piece of paper saying that I could read and write would have allowed
me to assume a VP position in my company. But I was perfectly
satisfied being an engineer and project leader."

>Personally, I think it's more likely that you either never enrolled, or
>quickly realized you'd flunk out and therefore dropped out.

Tom dropped out of high school and apparently didn't obtain a GED or
HSE:
<https://www.acalanes.k12.ca.us/domain/799>

>You've also said you didn't need education because you "read out" three
>libraries.

06/07/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/QNPNSofg064/m/Xaamy15iBQAJ>
"I would warrant that I've read more than 20 times more books than you
have. I read out three public libraries, the military library and all
of the books I used to gain the knowledge to become an engineer."

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: Hope for Canada

<aFFBN.1765515$2zI9.1108098@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101893&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101893

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:49:42 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:49 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri Feb 2 10:23:59 2024 Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The seizures are caused by damage to a particular area of the brain and
>>> this causes NO increased threat of dementia which is caused by formation
>>> of plaques in the veins and it has been 12 years now with no additional
>>> symptoms. And I was not allowed to drive for a year and used my bike for
>>> everything. This despite the fact that they hadn't discovered my having
>>> seizures yet and probably being as much a threat on the bike as in a car.
>>> I am under the care of a professor of neurology at Stanford and he is
>>> quite honest about any additional possibilities and as long as I continue
>>> to take the pills which run about $3,000 per year, I have no problems.
>>>

>> Again it?s not the Epilepsy that increases the dementia risk but the brain
>> injury even if mild. Fairly well documented and more so as more research is
>> being done.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>>

> I'm sure that you have a far better education in dementia than a
> professor or neurology at Stamford University. I am equally sure that the
> small lapses of memory due to normal aging, you are willing to chalk up
> as the onset of dementia. Let's just say that you may have your "well
> documented" opinion since you don't know the cause of dementia

Ask one if you wish, or ask dementia organisations/charities.

dementia has many risks but one of them is a brain injury particularly
would seem trauma even mild ie concussion.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Hope for Canada

<nkvftilkhvflajciqofpnmf2a9qhis4i2l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101959&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101959

From: jeffl@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 18:26:30 -0800
References: <gpf0rip8mhr3gc0g8mc8pklbgk36upvlo0@4ax.com> <uophng$1fs39$1@dont-email.me> <430f4c5b-0e96-4494-8052-8b7d5a389588n@googlegroups.com> <6413rihkdisljirvmnpvp61s3ng9ho47k3@4ax.com> <_qrsN.449995$cRu4.204553@fx04.ams4> <7aea7e24-1d46-4a86-9c45-dc1af829cfb3n@googlegroups.com> <xguuN.447811$Bv8e.148069@fx12.ams4> <ab8740a2-517d-4ffa-80ea-06f6eb3fe1ffn@googlegroups.com> <3p3vN.1025439$2zI9.954771@fx15.ams4> <Ey4BN.85484$U1cc.8484@fx04.iad>
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 02:26 UTC

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:36:52 GMT, Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>I'm sure that you have a far better education in dementia
>than a professor or neurology at Stamford University.

I agree. That's because Stanford (not Stamford) does not have a
position for a "professor of neurology". The closest approximation of
the title might be the interim department head of the Department of
Neurology and Neurological Sciences at Stanford. His full title is:
"Interim Chair, Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences.
Professor, Neurology, Pediatrics, and by courtesy, Neurosurgery,
Epidemiology and Population Health, and Human Biology.
The Beirne Family Professor of Pediatric Neuro-Oncology.
The Dunlevie Family University Fellow in Undergraduate Education."
(I added four periods to make the full title somewhat easier to
decode).
<https://med.stanford.edu/neurology.html>
<https://med.stanford.edu/neurology/faculty/aboutus.html>
Tom, I don't think the department head worked on your problems. Just
note that I can't provide the correct title unless you either look up
the title, or provide the name of the "professor".