backups: always in season, never out of style.

tech / sci.electronics.design / OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

SubjectAuthor
* OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinCursitor Doom
+- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffinbitrex
+- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinBill Sloman
`* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffinjohn larkin
 +- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinCursitor Doom
 +* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinLiz Tuddenham
 |+* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinCursitor Doom
 ||+* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffinbitrex
 |||+* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinDon Y
 |||`* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffinjohn larkin
 ||| +* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffinbitrex
 ||| `* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinCursitor Doom
 |||  +- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinBill Sloman
 |||  `* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinJohn Larkin
 |||   `* Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinJeroen Belleman
 |||    +- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffinbitrex
 |||    `- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinJohn Larkin
 ||`- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinBill Sloman
 |`- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinDon Y
 `- Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's CoffinBill Sloman

Pages:12
OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<mh3svidvdm11rfcb87qm5l2bgssffpt7pq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135845&group=sci.electronics.design#135845

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.diy
Subject: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14:18 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14 UTC

Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
shown up for what they are.

https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<65fe24e7$0$6410$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135846&group=sci.electronics.design#135846

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 20:40:07 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.diy
From: user@example.net (bitrex)
 by: bitrex - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 00:40 UTC

On 3/22/2024 7:14 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
> ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
> notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
> shown up for what they are.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x

"[Martin Durkin] is a libertarian and was formerly connected to the now
defunct Revolutionary Communist Party"

Ah, the red to brown pipeline, I believe it's called.

Probably part of why the question as usually posed is "Are you, _or have
you ever been_, a member of the Communist party?"

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<utlcun$38t6u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135847&group=sci.electronics.design#135847

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.diy
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:57:30 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 01:57 UTC

On 23/03/2024 10:14 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
> ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
> notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
> shown up for what they are.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x

The actual climate change scam is the proposition that it isn't
happening, and the scammers are the fossil carbon extraction industry,
who want to keep on selling as much of the stuff as they can for as long
as possible.

Cursitor Doom may be being subsidised by the Heartlands Institute or one
of the other merchants of doubt who were set up to cast doubt on
inconvenient scientific facts, but it's more likely that he is just
letting his enthusiasm for grossly implausible conspiracy theories run
away with him.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<ln4uvihvhcftscn5gf7vmijnqhm3rt7rgs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135849&group=sci.electronics.design#135849

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!proxad.net!feeder1-1.proxad.net!193.141.40.65.MISMATCH!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.supernews.com!news.supernews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: jl@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.diy
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 10:45:43 -0700
 by: john larkin - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 17:45 UTC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14:18 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
>ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
>notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
>shown up for what they are.
>
>https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x

Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
electricity and for job losses.

Electric car sales seem to have peaked.

I see tons of Teslas in San Francisco. It reminds me of the Miata
infestation. Up here in the mountains, at a mere 7000 feet and 20
degees F, I have seen none so far this trip.

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<30fuvi195hido7npofu0n1bu3c90hn959m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135850&group=sci.electronics.design#135850

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.diy
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:33:31 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:33 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 10:45:43 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14:18 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
>>ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
>>notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
>>shown up for what they are.
>>
>>https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x
>
>Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
>message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
>electricity and for job losses.
>
>Electric car sales seem to have peaked.
>
>I see tons of Teslas in San Francisco. It reminds me of the Miata
>infestation. Up here in the mountains, at a mere 7000 feet and 20
>degees F, I have seen none so far this trip.

There does seem to be some return to sanity. BMW have said they're
dropping their plans to go all-electric and will continue to develop
new ICE cars. That is wonderful news and something we really *should*
be celebrating, rather than some old nonsense about women getting
better paid jobs.
Fred Bloggs - are you paying attention?

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<1qqw3sg.1xt0x6u1pf4tigN%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135851&group=sci.electronics.design#135851

From: liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Liz Tuddenham)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43:15 +0000
 by: Liz Tuddenham - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43 UTC

john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14:18 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
> >ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
> >notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
> >shown up for what they are.
> >
> >https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x
>
> Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
> message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
> electricity and for job losses.

Unfortunately for many politicians, they have pubilcly proclaimed their
support for the scams and mirages of the 'activists' and even laid out
timetables for *when* they are going to achieve them, though not*how*
they are going to achieve them.

> Electric car sales seem to have peaked.

In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
reached 12,000 last year. A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day. I assume they know the
difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
comparison.

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<7thuvidj3d6df9uurcg5k02hvdf3q8im7n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135852&group=sci.electronics.design#135852

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 21:23:24 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 21:23 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43:15 +0000, liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid
(Liz Tuddenham) wrote:

>john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14:18 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
>> >ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
>> >notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
>> >shown up for what they are.
>> >
>> >https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x
>>
>> Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
>> message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
>> electricity and for job losses.
>
>Unfortunately for many politicians, they have pubilcly proclaimed their
>support for the scams and mirages of the 'activists' and even laid out
>timetables for *when* they are going to achieve them, though not*how*
>they are going to achieve them.
>

>> Electric car sales seem to have peaked.
>
>In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
>ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
>reached 12,000 last year. A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
>factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day. I assume they know the
>difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
>it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
>comparison.

Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
end.

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<65ff5116$0$4189$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135853&group=sci.electronics.design#135853

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:00:53 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: user@example.net (bitrex)
 by: bitrex - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:00 UTC

On 3/23/2024 5:23 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43:15 +0000, liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid
> (Liz Tuddenham) wrote:
>
>> john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>> Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
>>> message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
>>> electricity and for job losses.
>>
>> Unfortunately for many politicians, they have pubilcly proclaimed their
>> support for the scams and mirages of the 'activists' and even laid out
>> timetables for *when* they are going to achieve them, though not*how*
>> they are going to achieve them.
>>

>>> Electric car sales seem to have peaked.
>>
>> In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
>> ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
>> reached 12,000 last year. A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
>> factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day. I assume they know the
>> difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
>> it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
>> comparison.
>
> Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
> were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
> all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
> take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
> end.

Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:

<https://www.instagram.com/krazykarens2020/reel/C4mb8m3LLO8/>

I expect they're going to take a heart-warming bath, alright. "Them
dirty poors are stealing our hard-earned money! Taxation is theft by the
state! Ack here comes the sea, come save us mommy state! Glub, glub,
glub..."

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<utnno6$3tpc8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135854&group=sci.electronics.design#135854

From: blockedofcourse@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:14:12 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 23:14 UTC

On 3/23/2024 3:00 PM, bitrex wrote:
> Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!" owners
> of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to pitch in to save
> their property from the rising sea:
>
> <https://www.instagram.com/krazykarens2020/reel/C4mb8m3LLO8/>
>
> I expect they're going to take a heart-warming bath, alright. "Them dirty poors
> are stealing our hard-earned money! Taxation is theft by the state! Ack here
> comes the sea, come save us mommy state! Glub, glub, glub..."

I suspect even the farmers in the flyover states are starting to realize
that their primary asset (acreage) can't be relocated if the local climate
makes it "unproductive" ("Hey! Let's put up a WINDFARM!!")

[Latest surveys continue to show increasing (US) belief in climate change...
the differences seem to be who/how to deal with it: "MY assets should be
protected but why should *I* have to bear that cost?"]

Disney will be the Florida property to watch. Far enough from the coast to
not be immediately threatened (and, able -- at some expense -- to move
their "attractions" elsewhere) yet likely keenly aware that the long
term play doesn't seem to be to remain in place...

Insurers (folks whose money is where their mouth is) have already made
that decision!

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<utnnrr$3tpc8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135855&group=sci.electronics.design#135855

From: blockedofcourse@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:16:09 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 23:16 UTC

On 3/23/2024 1:43 PM, Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
> ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
> reached 12,000 last year. A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
> factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day. I assume they know the
> difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
> it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
> comparison.

Considerably easier to machine a casting than to design and manufacture
hi-tech electronic components and software systems.

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<tpquvitd5noqetmcl8sris4i13jl5f3t6i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135856&group=sci.electronics.design#135856

From: jl@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:53:17 -0700
 by: john larkin - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 23:53 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:00:53 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 3/23/2024 5:23 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43:15 +0000, liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid
>> (Liz Tuddenham) wrote:

>>> Unfortunately for many politicians, they have pubilcly proclaimed their
>>> support for the scams and mirages of the 'activists' and even laid out
>>> timetables for *when* they are going to achieve them, though not*how*
>>> they are going to achieve them.

>>> In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
>>> ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
>>> reached 12,000 last year. A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
>>> factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day. I assume they know the
>>> difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
>>> it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
>>> comparison.
>>
>> Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
>> were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
>> all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
>> take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
>> end.
>
>Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
>owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
>pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:

2 mm per year! Panic!

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<g40vvidgbghvubgekljmqofs9ruou6l3c3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135857&group=sci.electronics.design#135857

From: jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:31:25 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 01:31 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:14:12 -0700, Don Y
<blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

>On 3/23/2024 3:00 PM, bitrex wrote:
>> Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!" owners
>> of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to pitch in to save
>> their property from the rising sea:
>>
>> <https://www.instagram.com/krazykarens2020/reel/C4mb8m3LLO8/>
>>
>> I expect they're going to take a heart-warming bath, alright. "Them dirty poors
>> are stealing our hard-earned money! Taxation is theft by the state! Ack here
>> comes the sea, come save us mommy state! Glub, glub, glub..."
>
>I suspect even the farmers in the flyover states are starting to realize
>that their primary asset (acreage) can't be relocated if the local climate
>makes it "unproductive" ("Hey! Let's put up a WINDFARM!!")

https://extension.entm.purdue.edu/newsletters/pestandcrop/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/04/fig1.jpeg

This pattern extends over many crops and many countries.

>[Latest surveys continue to show increasing (US) belief in climate change...
>the differences seem to be who/how to deal with it: "MY assets should be
>protected but why should *I* have to bear that cost?"]
>
>Disney will be the Florida property to watch. Far enough from the coast to
>not be immediately threatened (and, able -- at some expense -- to move
>their "attractions" elsewhere) yet likely keenly aware that the long
>term play doesn't seem to be to remain in place...

Disney World is about 160 feet above sea level. At the current sea
level rise, it will get wet in about 20,000 years. But of course,
we'll have another ice age well before that, and sea level will drop.

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<65ff8ae1$0$2077928$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135858&group=sci.electronics.design#135858

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:07:28 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: user@example.net (bitrex)
 by: bitrex - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 02:07 UTC

On 3/23/2024 7:53 PM, john larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:00:53 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On 3/23/2024 5:23 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>>> Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
>>> were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
>>> all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
>>> take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
>>> end.
>>
>> Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
>> owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
>> pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:
>
> 2 mm per year! Panic!

The sea seems to be coming in their front doors regardless, it seems
immune to right-wing talking points! Have they tried shouting at it?

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<uto3b9$35m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135859&group=sci.electronics.design#135859

From: blockedofcourse@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 19:32:07 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 02:32 UTC

On 3/23/2024 7:07 PM, bitrex wrote:
> The sea seems to be coming in their front doors regardless, it seems immune to
> right-wing talking points! Have they tried shouting at it?

Ah! So THAT's the obsession with firearms! All this
"self protection" is just a red herring to hide their
TRUE FEARS! :>

We're 100+ miles from the nearest "large body of water".
And, some 2500 ft above sea level.
And, live in a desert.

Yet, there's a fair bit of real estate that no longer
exists just a few blocks from where I sit (it's on a
long trek out to sea).

Insurers don't care about "long term" beyond the predictive
value for NEXT year's profits.

"Don't worry, stockholders. We expect to be losing money
due to excessive claims for the next N years as we are in a
'solar cycle'. But, rest assured that we will return to
profitability thereafter!"

I wonder how many california homeowners have had their
cliff-side homes washed away despite NOT having ocean-front
properties?

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<le6vvih1gvnm63gisusetleeonoa2j18ue@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135860&group=sci.electronics.design#135860

From: jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:21:39 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:21 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:07:28 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 3/23/2024 7:53 PM, john larkin wrote:

>>> Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
>>> owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
>>> pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:
>>
>> 2 mm per year! Panic!
>>

>The sea seems to be coming in their front doors regardless, it seems
>immune to right-wing talking points! Have they tried shouting at it?

When you build a house on a beach in hurricane territory, it helps to
have cheap federal flood insurance.

Some really bad floods were the great Galveston storm of 1900 and the
giant nor-easter in New England in 1938. Both in September.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/articles/deadliest-us-hurricanes

I remember being in the eye of Betsy, and drove through Gulfport soon
after Camille.

Storms are less deadly now because we have satellite warnings.

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<r37vvi1ndh1hlt4f55fbilkpl2ere11g2u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135861&group=sci.electronics.design#135861

From: jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:23:21 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:23 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 19:32:07 -0700, Don Y
<blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

>On 3/23/2024 7:07 PM, bitrex wrote:
>> The sea seems to be coming in their front doors regardless, it seems immune to
>> right-wing talking points! Have they tried shouting at it?
>
>Ah! So THAT's the obsession with firearms! All this
>"self protection" is just a red herring to hide their
>TRUE FEARS! :>
>
>We're 100+ miles from the nearest "large body of water".
>And, some 2500 ft above sea level.
>And, live in a desert.
>
>Yet, there's a fair bit of real estate that no longer
>exists just a few blocks from where I sit (it's on a
>long trek out to sea).
>
>Insurers don't care about "long term" beyond the predictive
>value for NEXT year's profits.
>
>"Don't worry, stockholders. We expect to be losing money
>due to excessive claims for the next N years as we are in a
>'solar cycle'. But, rest assured that we will return to
>profitability thereafter!"
>
>I wonder how many california homeowners have had their
>cliff-side homes washed away despite NOT having ocean-front
>properties?

Check Youtube for Pacifica Drone

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<uto6dn$4enb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135862&group=sci.electronics.design#135862

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,uk.diy
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:24:38 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:24 UTC

On 24/03/2024 4:45 am, john larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 23:14:18 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Awareness of the Climate Change scam continues to spread - at an
>> ever-increasing rate. As more and more people reject this preposterous
>> notion, only the most die-hard Marxists will stick with it - and be
>> shown up for what they are.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/e9wkbz8x
>
> Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
> message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
> electricity and for job losses.

When it manifests itself as extreme weather, people stop being bored.
Record floods have a way of capturing the attention.

> Electric car sales seem to have peaked.

The numbers sold may be rising less rapidly. but they still seem to be
going up,

https://www.ev-volumes.com/

> I see tons of Teslas in San Francisco. It reminds me of the Miata
> infestation. Up here in the mountains, at a mere 7000 feet and 20
> degees F, I have seen none so far this trip.

You've also seen a lot fewer cars.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<uto6uq$4enb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135863&group=sci.electronics.design#135863

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:33:45 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:33 UTC

On 24/03/2024 8:23 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43:15 +0000, liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid
> (Liz Tuddenham) wrote:
>
>> john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>> Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
>>> message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
>>> electricity and for job losses.
>>
>> Unfortunately for many politicians, they have pubilcly proclaimed their
>> support for the scams and mirages of the 'activists' and even laid out
>> timetables for *when* they are going to achieve them, though not*how*
>> they are going to achieve them.
>>

>>> Electric car sales seem to have peaked.
>>
>> In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
>> ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
>> reached 12,000 last year. A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
>> factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day. I assume they know the
>> difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
>> it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
>> comparison.
>
> Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
> were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
> all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
> take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
> end.

Cursitor Doom hasn't noticed that electricity is a cheaper fuel than
gasoline. Anybody who buys an electric car is going to keep on
benefiting from paying less for each mile travelled.

Of course the main cost of keeping a car is depreciation on the sum
invested in buying the car, and it's too soon to say how that is going
to pan out. Electric motors do last better than internal combustion
engines, but batteries age faster than fuel tanks.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<uto7nn$4pl1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135864&group=sci.electronics.design#135864

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:47:00 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:47 UTC

On 24/03/2024 12:31 pm, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:14:12 -0700, Don Y
> <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 3/23/2024 3:00 PM, bitrex wrote:
>>> Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!" owners
>>> of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to pitch in to save
>>> their property from the rising sea:
>>>
>>> <https://www.instagram.com/krazykarens2020/reel/C4mb8m3LLO8/>
>>>
>>> I expect they're going to take a heart-warming bath, alright. "Them dirty poors
>>> are stealing our hard-earned money! Taxation is theft by the state! Ack here
>>> comes the sea, come save us mommy state! Glub, glub, glub..."
>>
>> I suspect even the farmers in the flyover states are starting to realize
>> that their primary asset (acreage) can't be relocated if the local climate
>> makes it "unproductive" ("Hey! Let's put up a WINDFARM!!")
>
> https://extension.entm.purdue.edu/newsletters/pestandcrop/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/04/fig1.jpeg
>
> This pattern extends over many crops and many countries.

But it's unlikely to persist as global warming gets worse. Pest control
isn't much help if the crop isn't growing any more.

>> [Latest surveys continue to show increasing (US) belief in climate change...
>> the differences seem to be who/how to deal with it: "MY assets should be
>> protected but why should *I* have to bear that cost?"]
>>
>> Disney will be the Florida property to watch. Far enough from the coast to
>> not be immediately threatened (and, able -- at some expense -- to move
>> their "attractions" elsewhere) yet likely keenly aware that the long
>> term play doesn't seem to be to remain in place...
>
> Disney World is about 160 feet above sea level. At the current sea
> level rise, it will get wet in about 20,000 years. But of course,
> we'll have another ice age well before that, and sea level will drop.

There's about 10 metres - 30 feet - of sea level rise in the Greenland
and West Antarctic ice sheets.They aren't melting all that fast at the
moment, but when they start sliding off into the ocean thing will move
a lot faster, as James Hansen has pointed out.

We aren't going to have another ice age in 20,000 years - we've already
had enough global warming to make that impossible.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<utofol$6brc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135865&group=sci.electronics.design#135865

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 17:04:04 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 06:04 UTC

On 24/03/2024 2:21 pm, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:07:28 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Storms are less deadly now because we have satellite warnings.

But they put more people at risk because they are more energetic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<kfvvvipc00pjd5eoivrbcvk8557eklkkmt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135866&group=sci.electronics.design#135866

From: cd@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:19:24 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:19 UTC

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:53:17 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:00:53 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>>On 3/23/2024 5:23 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>>> Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
>>> were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
>>> all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
>>> take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
>>> end.
>>
>>Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
>>owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
>>pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:
>
>2 mm per year! Panic!

For god's sake, if we don't start paying much higher taxes right away,
we're all gonna die!

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<utpb91$d05m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135867&group=sci.electronics.design#135867

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 00:53:35 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 13:53 UTC

On 24/03/2024 9:19 pm, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:53:17 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>> Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
>>> owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
>>> pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:
>>
>> 2 mm per year! Panic!
>
> For god's sake, if we don't start paying much higher taxes right away,
> we're all gonna die!

Higher taxes don't come into it. Electricity from renewable sources -
solar cells and wind turbines - is cheaper than it is from any other
source, even after you pay for the pumped storage and grid-scale
batteries that you need to keep it flowing when the sun is down or the
wind isn't blowing.

Keeping the fossil fuel extraction industry as well paid as they like to
be is expensive, and the taxpayers don't actually need to keep on doing
it any more.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<mtg00jdmti1ga3scfhpkrs2ssh1cf84erq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135868&group=sci.electronics.design#135868

From: jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 08:19:57 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 15:19 UTC

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:19:24 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:53:17 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>>Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
>>>owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
>>>pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:
>>
>>2 mm per year! Panic!
>
>For god's sake, if we don't start paying much higher taxes right away,
>we're all gonna die!

We need an army of five-year olds to show up on summer weekends with
tiny plastic shovels and pails, to add sand to the beaches before the
millionaires summer homes are ruined.

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<utq11l$ieit$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135871&group=sci.electronics.design#135871

From: jeroen@nospam.please (Jeroen Belleman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:06:38 +0100
 by: Jeroen Belleman - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:06 UTC

On 3/24/24 16:19, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 10:19:24 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
> wrote:

>>> 2 mm per year! Panic!
>>
>> For god's sake, if we don't start paying much higher taxes right away,
>> we're all gonna die!
>
> We need an army of five-year olds to show up on summer weekends with
> tiny plastic shovels and pails, to add sand to the beaches before the
> millionaires summer homes are ruined.

As I said before, it doesn't work like that. Instead, nothing much
happens for many years, and then, helped by some freak storm, suddenly
the water comes and washes everything away. And much wailing ensues.
And *then* measures will be taken, not before.

I should know: I'm Dutch. We've been there, and we've done that.

Jeroen Belleman

Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

<66008dc7$0$2130801$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135873&group=sci.electronics.design#135873

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 16:32:07 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
References: <mh3svidvdm11rfcb87qm5l2bgssffpt7pq@4ax.com> <ln4uvihvhcftscn5gf7vmijnqhm3rt7rgs@4ax.com> <1qqw3sg.1xt0x6u1pf4tigN%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid> <7thuvidj3d6df9uurcg5k02hvdf3q8im7n@4ax.com> <65ff5116$0$4189$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <tpquvitd5noqetmcl8sris4i13jl5f3t6i@4ax.com> <kfvvvipc00pjd5eoivrbcvk8557eklkkmt@4ax.com> <mtg00jdmti1ga3scfhpkrs2ssh1cf84erq@4ax.com> <utq11l$ieit$1@dont-email.me>
From: user@example.net (bitrex)
 by: bitrex - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:32 UTC

On 3/24/2024 4:06 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:

>> We need an army of five-year olds to show up on summer weekends with
>> tiny plastic shovels and pails, to add sand to the beaches before the
>> millionaires summer homes are ruined.
>>

> As I said before, it doesn't work like that. Instead, nothing much
> happens for many years, and then, helped by some freak storm, suddenly
> the water comes and washes everything away. And much wailing ensues.
> And *then* measures will be taken, not before.
>
> I should know: I'm Dutch. We've been there, and we've done that.
>
> Jeroen Belleman

One of the homeowners in the video I posted seems adamant that climate
change isn't the reason for the sea regularly knocking at his front door
at this time, so speaking as a state taxpayer I'll gladly chip in for
some imaginary truckloads of sand to help with the effects of his
imaginary climate change.