What is research but a blind date with knowledge? -- Will Harvey

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

SubjectAuthor
* Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAndre Jute
+* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|+* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAndre Jute
||`* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|| +* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
|| |`* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|| | `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
|| |  +- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|| |  `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAndre Jute
|| |   +- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|| |   `- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponTom Kunich
|| `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponTom Kunich
||  `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
||   `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
||    +- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
||    `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponFrank Krygowski
||     `- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|`* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
| `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|  `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponTom Kunich
|   `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
|    `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|     +* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
|     |`* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAMuzi
|     | `- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
|     `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponTom Kunich
|      `- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponJohn B.
+* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponTom Kunich
|`* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAndre Jute
| `* Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponZen Cycle
|  `- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponFrank Krygowski
`- Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weaponAndre Jute

Pages:12
Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<uoect5$386gq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99686&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99686

From: am@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 11:52:38 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:52 UTC

On 1/19/2024 11:29 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 1/19/2024 9:44 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>
>> Back to the original issue, I strongly doubt that several
>> millions dead of his own people and/or foreigners would
>> give Mr Xi pause in deploying a more lethal bioweapon
>> shortly.
>
> It's weird to call COVID a Chinese "bioweapon." What would
> be the logic of releasing a "bioweapon" that had such
> terrible effects on the Chinese economy? See
> https://www.chinacenter.net/2023/china-currents/22-1/the-covid-19-pandemics-impact-on-the-chinese-economy/

Explain Holmodor and you'll understand better.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org

Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<j0qlqi9fehtcujr7tksfvd5qrgua4blod4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99715&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99715

From: slocombjb@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 04:52:37 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 21:52 UTC

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:35:48 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, January 19, 2024 at 6:41:29?AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 1/18/2024 11:36 PM, John B. wrote:

>> > Oh, I guess I didn't understand. After all the Crusaders killed the
>> > entire population of Jerusalem, as many as 40,000 people, and blood
>> > was said to be ankle deep in the streets, after conquering the city in
>> > 1099.
>> >
>> > And this was to protect the pilgrims?
>> Yes that happened[1].
>> One battle in a few hundred years with extreme examples on
>> both sides as strength, resources and strategy rose and
>> fell. Culminating in Vienna and Lepanto after which a sort
>> of detente (except for the Armenians).
>>
>> https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/armenian-genocide
>>

>> [1] One might make the same argument about Japanese children
>> who burned to death in Curtis LeMay's firebombings which
>> were much more lethal than the two atom bombings combined. I
>> wouldn't make that argument but you might.
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi
>> a...@yellowjersey.org
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
>"At the Council of Piacenza in 1095, Pope Urban II received envoys from Byzantine Emperor Alexios I asking Western Christians for assistance in liberating large parts of the Eastern Roman Empire from the Seljuk Turks who had conquered large parts of the region since 1070."
>
>This means that both the Crusaders and the Eastern Roman Empire attacked Jerusalem together to rid themselves of the Turks. Unlike Slocomb's statements that the entire population of Jerusalem was exterminated. Medieval warfare was not a controlled warfare like WW II which itself had rather extreme crimes committed by both sides. Slocomb simply cannot keep himself from saying stupid things. The Battle of Jerusalem only lasted a month and a half in a time when sieges commonly lasted years. I wonder that Slocomb isn't developing Alzheimer's.

As usual Tommy gets it wrong again.

First foolishness:
The Council of Piacenza was a mixed synod of ecclesiastics and laymen
of the Roman Catholic Church, which took place from March 1 to March
7, 1095, at Piacenza. The Council was held at the end of Pope Urban
II's tour of Italy and France, which he made to reassert his authority
after the investiture controversy with Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor.

Ambassadors sent by Byzantine emperor Alexius I Komnenos. Alexius had
been excommunicated by Gregory VII, and been through a series of
reinstatements in the Church, but Urban had ultimately lifted the
excommunication when he became pope in 1088. The Byzantine Empire had
lost much of its territory in Asia Minor to the Seljuk Turks in the
aftermath of the Battle of Manzikert in 1071, and Alexius hoped
Western knights could help him restore it.

Nope, no reference to any help in the Holy Land, quite the opposite,
the Byzantine's wanted help in their territory.

Second Foolishness:
Led by Raymond of Toulouse, Godfrey of Bouillon, Robert of Flanders,
and Bohemond of Otranto, the army of Christian knights crossed into
Asia Minor in 1097.

Christian knights from Europe capture Jerusalem after seven weeks of
siege. On July 14, Godfrey’s men were the first to penetrate the
defenses, and the Gate of Saint Stephen was opened. The rest of the
knights and soldiers then poured in, the city was captured, and tens
of thousands of its occupants were slaughtered.

You know Tommy you don't have to be a dumb ass. You could do a little
research instead of simply opening you mouth and proving to the world
how stupid you really are.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<05slqi57br07imm48fvd42feq9sih1cg7m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99718&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99718

From: slocombjb@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 05:02:57 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 22:02 UTC

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:32:58 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 1/19/2024 9:26 AM, John B. wrote:

How strange as https://www.britannica.com/topic/Spanish-Inquisition
has it a bit different:
"Spanish Inquisition, (1478–1834), judicial institution ostensibly
established to combat heresy in Spain. In practice, the Spanish
Inquisition served to consolidate power in the monarchy of the newly
unified Spanish kingdom, but it achieved that end through infamously
brutal methods."

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<1e9b8f01-5222-4ab7-950f-b4cf9c75ddd0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99722&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99722

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 14:53:08 -0800 (PST)
From: fiultra1@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 22:53 UTC

On Friday, January 19, 2024 at 3:18:14 AM UTC, John B. wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:22:16 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
> >
> >How did Le Terrore work out? No different from any other
> >communist regime.
> Actually not very well and the end result was Neapolitan
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John B.

All right, Slow Johnny, prove that the "end result" of the French Revolution was ice cream.

Andre Jute
Zero tolerance for smug stupidity.

Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<uoeuub$3ba21$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99723&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99723

From: am@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:00:29 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:00 UTC

On 1/19/2024 4:53 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Friday, January 19, 2024 at 3:18:14 AM UTC, John B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:22:16 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> How did Le Terrore work out? No different from any other
>>> communist regime.
>> Actually not very well and the end result was Neapolitan
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John B.
>>
> All right, Slow Johnny, prove that the "end result" of the French Revolution was ice cream.
>>
> Andre Jute
> Zero tolerance for smug stupidity.

apologies for the lapsis digitis.
La Terreur
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<f18ad66a-fb7e-4d00-8eda-9ad1650e44ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99781&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99781

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 15:49:34 -0800 (PST)
From: fiultra1@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 23:49 UTC

On Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 1:43:25 AM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
> This could have no justification except as a bio-weapon.
> https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2024/01/17/the-chinese-have-cooked-up-another-covid-strain-thats-beyond-irresponsible-n2633738
> >
> Makes me wonder if the Chinese can really be so stupid that they don't understand that their current economic problems, just like those in the rest of the world, stem from the Chinese COVID Pandemic. To make such a gross mistake twice...
> >
> Andre Jute
> Horrified

BUMP --

Re: Chinese developing new COVID bio-weapon

<343453cf-5d7b-4024-9fed-68e1b1bb4ecfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=99869&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99869

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:20:25 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclintom@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 21:20 UTC

On Friday, January 19, 2024 at 2:53:10 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Friday, January 19, 2024 at 3:18:14 AM UTC, John B. wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:22:16 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
> > >
> > >How did Le Terrore work out? No different from any other
> > >communist regime.
> > Actually not very well and the end result was Neapolitan
> > --
> > Cheers,
> >
> > John B.
> >
> All right, Slow Johnny, prove that the "end result" of the French Revolution was ice cream.
> >
> Andre Jute
> Zero tolerance for smug stupidity.

Slocomb is indeed leaving an impression but it isn't what he thinks.