Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Cat scares

SubjectAuthor
* Cat scareswasbit
+* Re: Cat scaresColin Bignell
|`- Re: Cat scareswasbit
+* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
|+* Re: Cat scaresTheo
||`* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
|| +- Re: Cat scaresJeff Gaines
|| +* Re: Cat scaresTheo
|| |`* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
|| | +* Re: Cat scarescharles
|| | +* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|| | +* Re: Cat scaresTim Streater
|| | `* Re: Cat scaresJNugent
|| |  +* Re: Cat scaresJoe
|| |  |+- Re: Cat scaresJNugent
|| |  |`* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|| |  | +- Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!Peeler
|| |  | `- Re: Cat scaresJoe
|| |  +- Re: Cat scaresJeff Gaines
|| |  +- Re: Cat scaresTim Streater
|| |  +* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|| |  |`- Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!Peeler
|| |  `* Re: Cat scaresFredxx
|| |   `- Re: Cat scaresalan_m
|| +* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|| |+* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
|| |`- Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!Peeler
|| `- Re: Cat scaresSam Plusnet
|+- Re: Cat scaresSteveW
|`- Re: Cat scaresRoger Hayter
+* Re: Cat scaresClive Arthur
|+- Re: Cat scaresJeff Gaines
|`- Re: Cat scaresSoup
+* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|`- Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!Peeler
+- Re: Cat scaresCursitor Doom
+* Re: Cat scaresDavid Paste
|+* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
||+* Re: Cat scaresJNugent
|||+- Re: Cat scaresCursitor Doom
|||+* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|||+* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
|||`* Re: Cat scaresDavid Wade
||| `- Re: Cat scaresJNugent
||+* Re: Cat scaresRod Speed
|||`- Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!Peeler
||`* Re: Cat scaresDavid Paste
|| +* Re: Cat scaresThe Natural Philosopher
|| |`- Re: Cat scaresDavid Paste
|| `* Re: Cat scaresalan_m
||  +- Re: Cat scaresTim Streater
||  +* Re: Cat scaresDavid Paste
||  |`- Re: Cat scaresJNugent
||  `* Re: Cat scaresJNugent
||   `* Re: Cat scaresThe Natural Philosopher
||    `* Re: Cat scaresJNugent
|`* Re: Cat scaresClive Arthur
`* Re: Cat scareswasbit

Pages:12345
Re: Cat scares

<usd0n0$16e7l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126535&group=uk.d-i-y#126535

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Cat scares
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:23:28 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:23 UTC

On 07/03/2024 18:19, JNugent wrote:
> On 07/03/2024 05:50 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>> You say )to the PP):
>>>
>>> "...if I delivered to your property a weeks worth  of cat shit I find
>>> in my relatively small front garden flower beds".
>>>
>>> But why would you do that?
>>
>> I'd be happy to take it. First rate fertiliser
>
> It's his shovelling (or scooping it) up and bringing it round in a bag
> that sounds... amusing.

When I first laid out a section of front lawn, it was nothing but sandy
topsoil and grass seed. One of our cats crapped there and made a little
pile of earth over it. That had grass double the height of anywhere else
inside 6 weeks...

--
“it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus

Re: Cat scares

<3648717038.cc728a47@uninhabited.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126536&group=uk.d-i-y#126536

From: roger@hayter.org (Roger Hayter)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 7 Mar 2024 18:34:47 GMT
 by: Roger Hayter - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:34 UTC

On 6 Mar 2024 at 10:44:08 GMT, "alan_m" <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 06/03/2024 10:01, wasbit wrote:
>> A neighbour (non cat owner) has a problem with cats defecating in his
>> front garden which is covered with white chippings.
>> The perimeter is too long & has too many access points to prevent them
>> entering.
>> He is currently contemplating covering the chippings with wire mesh.
>> Can anyone suggest a better or more cost effective deterrent?
>>

> What doesn't work is those ultrasonic cat/dog/mouse sounders. It will
> scare the cat off a few times but after a couple of days they take no
> notice.
>
> Probably the only way is to apply for an ASBO for the irresponsible cat
> owners who let their pets roam and shit in other peoples gardens. :(

As you probably know, cat owners have no legal responsibility for the
behaviour of their animals. ASBOs are admittedly framed so widely that they
can forbid perfectly legal behaviour, but the suburban cat owner is not the
intended targe of said orders.

--
Roger Hayter

Re: Cat scares

<ushd2u$291j4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126647&group=uk.d-i-y#126647

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 10:19:10 +0000
 by: wasbit - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 10:19 UTC

On 06/03/2024 10:01, wasbit wrote:
> A neighbour (non cat owner) has a problem with cats defecating in his
> front garden which is covered with white chippings.
> The perimeter is too long & has too many access points to prevent them
> entering.
> He is currently contemplating covering the chippings with wire mesh.
> Can anyone suggest a better or more cost effective deterrent?

Update.
The neighbour has now covered the garden with wire mesh.
Ironically there was a pile of cat poo on top of the mesh the morning
after it was laid but none since.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Cat scares

<L5WCn1qNEE7lFw0T@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126651&group=uk.d-i-y#126651

From: tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 10:59:25 +0000
 by: Tim Lamb - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 10:59 UTC

In message <ushd2u$291j4$1@dont-email.me>, wasbit <wasbit@nowhere.com>
writes
>On 06/03/2024 10:01, wasbit wrote:
>> A neighbour (non cat owner) has a problem with cats defecating in his
>>front garden which is covered with white chippings.
>> The perimeter is too long & has too many access points to prevent
>>them entering.
>> He is currently contemplating covering the chippings with wire mesh.
>> Can anyone suggest a better or more cost effective deterrent?
>>

>Update.
>The neighbour has now covered the garden with wire mesh.
>Ironically there was a pile of cat poo on top of the mesh the morning
>after it was laid but none since.

Topping with a larger stone might have the same effect.

--
Tim Lamb

Re: Cat scares

<AKJHN.180292$Fr1.115171@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126759&group=uk.d-i-y#126759

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:22:56 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:22 UTC

On 07-Mar-24 8:30, charles wrote:
> In article <fv0iui97f7d0re10gf5kr4dbvbaqpsfrlj@4ax.com>, Cursitor Doom
> <cd@notformail.com> wrote:

>>> And the Bodgers, too, who shit all over our lawn and dig holes.
>
>> Badgers will totally trash a lawn. They're bad news for well-manicured
>> gardens.
>
> They also dig up tulips

In order to sell them by the roadside. Terrible lot, Badgers.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Cat scares

<usrt0l$ss2f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=126831&group=uk.d-i-y#126831

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:52:22 +0000
 by: wasbit - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:52 UTC

On 06/03/2024 10:37, Colin Bignell wrote:
> On 06/03/2024 10:01, wasbit wrote:
>> A neighbour (non cat owner) has a problem with cats defecating in his
>> front garden which is covered with white chippings.
>> The perimeter is too long & has too many access points to prevent them
>> entering.
>> He is currently contemplating covering the chippings with wire mesh.
>> Can anyone suggest a better or more cost effective deterrent?
>>

> Replace the chippings with large pebbles.
> Spray the area with lion urine
> Scatter lemon or orange peel around the area
> Grow lavender in the garden

Forgot to say thanks for the suggestions.

--
Regards
wasbit