Computers don't actually think. You just think they think. (We think.)

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: HNY

SubjectAuthor
* HNYwessie
+* HNYchrisnd @ukrm
|`- HNYLone Wolf
+* HNYTurby
|`* HNYChamp
> [...]
+- HNYChamp
`- HNYgeoffC

Pages:1234
Re: HNY

<unff30$18jvd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20478&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20478

From: xsurf@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: HNY
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 16:19:45 -0800
 by: Turby - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 00:19 UTC

On 1/7/2024 11:44 AM, "Worst Case"@dizum.com wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:17:38 -0800, Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeezus. Why do you know so much about it?
>
> Age, high school history teacher, Wikipedia, and age.
>
> Also my Dad was one of the few Democrats in town and had to serve in
> one or another official capacity in the precinct at nearly every
> election where a balanced representation of Democrats and Republicans
> was called for. There was a state polling regulations handbook that
> he had to be familiar with on these occasions, and I suppose he
> studied it by trying to explain it to me and my brother. It was a
> thick book. There is much about paper balloting that does not meet
> the eye. There is much about the decorum of holding public elections
> that is not appreciated by the Media.

Makes sense. Thanks.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: HNY

<7f6edc2df899039f4ed5d276765e5ff6@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20492&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20492

From: "Worst Case"@dizum.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 23:40:19 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
 by: "Worst Case"@dizum.com - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 22:40 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 16:19:45 -0800, Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:

> Makes sense. Thanks.

Good! I thought I was going to have to explain why I wanted to spill
an American civics lesson into this foreign venue.

I wanted to emphasize the notion, as it no doubt exists among
uk.rec.moto readers, that American media really does convey a skewed
view of American politics.

Big Media wants you to believe both that the Framers of the
Constitution were gods and that they had feet of clay. It's
Triumphalism with a twist. Yes, not only is the U. S. Constitution
fundamental to American greatness and foundational to many of the
world's new democracies, but also we in the U.S. should feel free to
change it — because we can — to correct obvious misogynist,
xenophobic, ethnic, racial, religious, ageist, slave-holding, and
elitist biases.

I don't buy any of that for a minute.

The Framers of the Constitution met in Philadelphia in 1787 at the old
Pennsylvania State House where the Declaration of Independence was
signed 12 years before by the Continental Congress. For six years,
the states had operated under the Articles of Confederation (four
years since the end of the Revolution), but there were obvious defects
in the national organization involving raising revenue, regulating
interstate commerce, and projecting Federal power abroad, which needed
to be addressed. After butting heads for four months, they wound up
scrapping the Articles completely and proposing a totally new national
Constitution, which was then ratified by ten states in summer the next
year. The Bill of Rights Amendments, which were promised by exponents
in some states to secure ratification of the Constitution proper, were
themselves ratified by the close of 1791.

I've been struck by how cheap a good lawyer's advice is compared to
that of a good psychiatrist. Mine has certainly helped me see things
in perspective a couple of times.

Many of the the Framers were lawyers. They didn't consider themselves
gods. In fact most were not enthusiastic about their work on the
Constitution but were pragmatic enough to give odds on its being
adopted by the several states.

Their profession was to resolve disputes, not to delve into underlying
grievances. This is why the Constitution is mainly — apart from
anything else — a rule book for resolving competing interests. Theirs
was a daunting task. I imagine they knew only too well (and better
than most today) how big and how diverse the nation was to be and how
broadminded the law had to be to compass the aspiration to govern it.

The Byzantine procedure they laid down for electing the President (as
modified by the 12th Amendment ratified in 1804 and codified by
Federal statute) is an apt example. It mediates the mandate of
one-man-one-vote against the interest of the states. It mediates the
interests of the several states against the Federal government. It
tries to avoid indeterminate election results and yet provide
alternate procedures to break ties quickly without promoting slugfests
in every state.

That Americans all vote for President in one big plebiscite has never
been the case. The Constitutional procedure is taught and examined in
school, but policy makers and celebrity pundits seem to be able to get
away with acting like it's a lot simpler than it is.

--
Worst Case

Re: HNY

<l04tm0Fmmc9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20493&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20493

From: peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 12:49:06 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 12:49 UTC

On 08/01/2024 22:40, "Worst Case"@dizum.com wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 16:19:45 -0800, Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:

> The Byzantine procedure they laid down for electing the President (as
> modified by the 12th Amendment ratified in 1804 and codified by
> Federal statute) is an apt example. It mediates the mandate of
> one-man-one-vote against the interest of the states. It mediates the
> interests of the several states against the Federal government. It
> tries to avoid indeterminate election results and yet provide
> alternate procedures to break ties quickly without promoting slugfests
> in every state.

Quite. One does fear that if Trump got the helm again byzantine would
tend towards kafkaesque .

--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: HNY

<l05t61FsqsdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20497&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20497

From: pluscher@nowhere.nul (PipL)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:46:34 +0000
 by: PipL - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:46 UTC

On 04/01/2024 12:01, Champ wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:30:44 +0000, Pete Fisher
> <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 03/01/2024 11:53, Champ wrote:
>>> It looks like Trump is nailed on for the Republican nomination, which
>>> is the first of manuy things I find impossible to grok about current
>>> US politics.
>
>> "grock". You what now?
>
> grok. No 'c'
>
>> You are Elon Musk and I claim my five free tweets.
>
> The word is from Robert Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land.
> Written in 1961 i.e. 10 years before Musk was born. I'm confident I
> was using the word, as a pretentious teenager, before Musk had learnt
> to read

I thought at first it was from A Clockwork Orange, but Google dissuaded me.

--
Pip

CHUMP #1
(CHarge Up MuPpet)

Re: HNY

<0ppspidmkt6v1vau2pk32sog8vrkohvnhb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20501&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20501

From: look@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:45:21 +0000
 by: Colin Irvine - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:45 UTC

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:46:34 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:

>On 04/01/2024 12:01, Champ wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:30:44 +0000, Pete Fisher
>> <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> "grock". You what now?
>>
>> grok. No 'c'
>>
>>> You are Elon Musk and I claim my five free tweets.
>>
>> The word is from Robert Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land.
>> Written in 1961 i.e. 10 years before Musk was born. I'm confident I
>> was using the word, as a pretentious teenager, before Musk had learnt
>> to read
>
>I thought at first it was from A Clockwork Orange, but Google dissuaded me.

Wasn't that grockles?

--
Colin Irvine
R1250RS

Re: HNY

<l07fduF6t89U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20503&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20503

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 12:04:14 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 12:04 UTC

On 10/01/2024 09:45, Colin Irvine wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:46:34 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2024 12:01, Champ wrote:

>>> grok. No 'c'

>>> The word is from Robert Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land.
>>> Written in 1961 i.e. 10 years before Musk was born. I'm confident I
>>> was using the word, as a pretentious teenager, before Musk had learnt
>>> to read
>>
>> I thought at first it was from A Clockwork Orange, but Google dissuaded me.
>
> Wasn't that grockles?

I have always taken grockle like this:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grockle

Or as similar to gongoozler

HTH
Chris
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: HNY

<22a5ac43-db8b-48ad-87af-1a99130dae1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20510&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20510

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:02:53 -0800 (PST)
From: stephen.packer@gmail.com (Stephen Packer)
 by: Stephen Packer - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 18:02 UTC

On Wednesday 10 January 2024 at 12:04:18 UTC, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 10/01/2024 09:45, Colin Irvine wrote:

> >> I thought at first it was from A Clockwork Orange, but Google dissuaded me.
> >
> > Wasn't that grockles?
> >
> I have always taken grockle like this:
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grockle

As per wikipedia, as a child I remember the term being used in Somerset to describe
tourists. Also heard the term 'emmets' used for the same purpose. I think
another use of emmets is for ants.

Re: HNY

<l08ileFdegeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20513&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20513

From: pluscher@nowhere.nul (PipL)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:05:24 +0000
 by: PipL - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:05 UTC

On 10/01/2024 09:45, Colin Irvine wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 21:46:34 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2024 12:01, Champ wrote:
>>> The word is from Robert Heinlein's novel Stranger in a Strange Land.
>>> Written in 1961 i.e. 10 years before Musk was born. I'm confident I
>>> was using the word, as a pretentious teenager, before Musk had learnt
>>> to read
>>
>> I thought at first it was from A Clockwork Orange, but Google dissuaded me.
>
> Wasn't that grockles?

I think that's A Clockwork Devon.

--
Pip

CHUMP #1
(CHarge Up MuPpet)

Re: HNY

<0mcvpittg2d1pm7euo4jbk6m5dl2eorriq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20515&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20515

From: look@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 09:20:41 +0000
References: <XnsB0EBE4D4E90C3wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170> <umt0q4$1t13b$1@dont-email.me> <m3u5pitnmj540ucohtd15vn0asoi0p6psm@4ax.com> <umv5cp$2ak80$2@dont-email.me> <vbiapidk3833cdj773madt99phaojqdpnb@4ax.com> <kvl2blFnpc5U1@mid.individual.net> <fb7dpi5eekc0gdvtebto1d8skjvvk6tjlc@4ax.com> <l05t61FsqsdU1@mid.individual.net> <0ppspidmkt6v1vau2pk32sog8vrkohvnhb@4ax.com> <l08ileFdegeU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Colin Irvine - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 09:20 UTC

On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:05:24 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:

>On 10/01/2024 09:45, Colin Irvine wrote:

>>> I thought at first it was from A Clockwork Orange, but Google dissuaded me.
>>
>> Wasn't that grockles?
>
>I think that's A Clockwork Devon.

Just noticed your sig. Nice one!

--
Colin Irvine
R1250RS

Re: HNY

<XnsB0F66BA1A26C7wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20516&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20516

From: willnotwork@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 10:34:51 -0000 (UTC)
References: <XnsB0EBE4D4E90C3wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170> <umt0q4$1t13b$1@dont-email.me> <m3u5pitnmj540ucohtd15vn0asoi0p6psm@4ax.com> <umv5cp$2ak80$2@dont-email.me> <vbiapidk3833cdj773madt99phaojqdpnb@4ax.com> <kvl2blFnpc5U1@mid.individual.net> <fb7dpi5eekc0gdvtebto1d8skjvvk6tjlc@4ax.com> <l05t61FsqsdU1@mid.individual.net> <0ppspidmkt6v1vau2pk32sog8vrkohvnhb@4ax.com> <l08ileFdegeU1@mid.individual.net> <0mcvpittg2d1pm7euo4jbk6m5dl2eorriq@4ax.com>
 by: wessie - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 10:34 UTC

Colin Irvine <look@colinandpat.co.uk> wrote in

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:05:24 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:
>
>>On 10/01/2024 09:45, Colin Irvine wrote:

>>> Wasn't that grockles?
>>
>>I think that's A Clockwork Devon.
>
> Just noticed your sig. Nice one!

ooh, I must be KoTL as I suggested it in the other place :)

How retro.

Re: HNY

<r6rvpi5umr4n4g7vj9ofi2bnngso2lukcb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20518&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20518

From: neal@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:29:29 +0000
References: <XnsB0EBE4D4E90C3wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170> <umt0q4$1t13b$1@dont-email.me> <m3u5pitnmj540ucohtd15vn0asoi0p6psm@4ax.com> <umv5cp$2ak80$2@dont-email.me> <vbiapidk3833cdj773madt99phaojqdpnb@4ax.com> <kvl2blFnpc5U1@mid.individual.net> <fb7dpi5eekc0gdvtebto1d8skjvvk6tjlc@4ax.com> <l05t61FsqsdU1@mid.individual.net> <0ppspidmkt6v1vau2pk32sog8vrkohvnhb@4ax.com> <l07fduF6t89U1@mid.individual.net> <22a5ac43-db8b-48ad-87af-1a99130dae1dn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Champ - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:29 UTC

On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:02:53 -0800 (PST), Stephen Packer
<stephen.packer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have always taken grockle like this:
>> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grockle

>As per wikipedia, as a child I remember the term being used in Somerset to describe
>tourists. Also heard the term 'emmets' used for the same purpose. I think
>another use of emmets is for ants.

Emmet is Cornwall, and maybe the sourthern edge of Devon. Grockle is
further north in Devon, and Somerset and Dorset, I believe
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: HNY

<l0agubFotekU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20522&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20522

From: siwilson@nodamnspamn.hotmail.com (Simon Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:48:28 +0000
 by: Simon Wilson - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:48 UTC

On 10/01/2024 18:02, Stephen Packer wrote:

> As per wikipedia, as a child I remember the term being used in Somerset to describe
> tourists. Also heard the term 'emmets' used for the same purpose. I think
> another use of emmets is for ants.

People seem to use DFL now.

--
/Simon

Re: HNY

<l0akd1FpgqtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20523&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20523

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:47:29 +0000
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:47 UTC

On 11/01/2024 13:29, Champ wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:02:53 -0800 (PST), Stephen Packer
> <stephen.packer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I have always taken grockle like this:
>>> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grockle
>
>> As per wikipedia, as a child I remember the term being used in Somerset to describe
>> tourists. Also heard the term 'emmets' used for the same purpose. I think
>> another use of emmets is for ants.
>
> Emmet is Cornwall, and maybe the sourthern edge of Devon. Grockle is
> further north in Devon, and Somerset and Dorset, I believe

And south Derbyshire :-)

HTH etc

Chris
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: HNY

<c82590dc17af6ce5419da2c5bf3aba4c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20524&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20524

From: "Worst Case"@dizum.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 19:23:16 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
 by: "Worst Case"@dizum.com - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 18:23 UTC

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:48:28 +0000, Simon Wilson <siwilson@nodamnspamn.hotmail.com> wrote:

> People seem to use DFL now.

On the other side of the pond this could be taken as an acronym for a
similar phrase used in Wisconsin as a pejorative term referring to
Chicago tourists as D~~n FlatLanders.

--
Worst Case

Re: HNY

<l0b18hFro85U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20525&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20525

From: pluscher@nowhere.nul (PipL)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 20:26:57 +0000
 by: PipL - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 20:26 UTC

On 11/01/2024 09:20, Colin Irvine wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:05:24 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:

>>> Wasn't that grockles?
>>
>> I think that's A Clockwork Devon.
>
> Just noticed your sig. Nice one!

Yep, credit (I think) to Wessie.

--
Pip

CHUMP #1
(CHarge Up MuPpet)

Re: HNY

<unpp35$3594r$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20527&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20527

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 22:11:47 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 22:11 UTC

On 11/01/2024 18:23, "Worst Case"@dizum.com wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:48:28 +0000, Simon Wilson <siwilson@nodamnspamn.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> People seem to use DFL now.
>
> On the other side of the pond this could be taken as an acronym for a
> similar phrase used in Wisconsin as a pejorative term referring to
> Chicago tourists as D~~n FlatLanders.

Assuming Damn?
Why blank out?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: HNY

<e95e6dce-029e-4998-90a9-8895263b60d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20528&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20528

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 23:43:21 -0800 (PST)
From: stephen.packer@gmail.com (Stephen Packer)
 by: Stephen Packer - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 07:43 UTC

On Thursday 11 January 2024 at 22:11:52 UTC, YTC#1 wrote:
> On 11/01/2024 18:23, "Worst Case"@dizum.com wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:48:28 +0000, Simon Wilson <siwi...@nodamnspamn.hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> People seem to use DFL now.
> >
> > On the other side of the pond this could be taken as an acronym for a
> > similar phrase used in Wisconsin as a pejorative term referring to
> > Chicago tourists as D~~n FlatLanders.
> >

> Assuming Damn?
> Why blank out?

To avoid causing offence to sensitive flowers.

Re: HNY

<unr4r5$3e5du$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20529&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20529

From: ytc1@ytc1.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:38:29 +0000
 by: YTC#1 - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:38 UTC

On 12/01/2024 07:43, Stephen Packer wrote:
> On Thursday 11 January 2024 at 22:11:52 UTC, YTC#1 wrote:

>>> On the other side of the pond this could be taken as an acronym for a
>>> similar phrase used in Wisconsin as a pejorative term referring to
>>> Chicago tourists as D~~n FlatLanders.
>>>

>> Assuming Damn?
>> Why blank out?
>
> To avoid causing offence to sensitive flowers.

Fuck me, what has UKRM become?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: HNY

<dda2qihrqhhsls7tudg526hihedv4kgru4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20530&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20530

From: look@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:59:56 +0000
References: <XnsB0EBE4D4E90C3wtymmmsas@135.181.20.170> <umt0q4$1t13b$1@dont-email.me> <m3u5pitnmj540ucohtd15vn0asoi0p6psm@4ax.com> <umv5cp$2ak80$2@dont-email.me> <vbiapidk3833cdj773madt99phaojqdpnb@4ax.com> <kvl2blFnpc5U1@mid.individual.net> <fb7dpi5eekc0gdvtebto1d8skjvvk6tjlc@4ax.com> <l05t61FsqsdU1@mid.individual.net> <0ppspidmkt6v1vau2pk32sog8vrkohvnhb@4ax.com> <l08ileFdegeU1@mid.individual.net> <0mcvpittg2d1pm7euo4jbk6m5dl2eorriq@4ax.com> <l0b18hFro85U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Colin Irvine - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:59 UTC

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 20:26:57 +0000, PipL <pluscher@nowhere.nul> wrote:

>On 11/01/2024 09:20, Colin Irvine wrote:

>>> I think that's A Clockwork Devon.
>>
>> Just noticed your sig. Nice one!
>
>Yep, credit (I think) to Wessie.

He's already claimed it.

--
Colin Irvine
R1250RS

Re: HNY

<unrlbk$3gj18$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20531&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#20531

From: <olsonm@tiny.invalid>
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:20:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: <olsonm@tiny.invalid> - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:20 UTC

YTC#1 <ytc1@ytc1.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/01/2024 07:43, Stephen Packer wrote:

>>> Assuming Damn?
>>> Why blank out?
>>
>> To avoid causing offence to sensitive flowers.
>
> Fuck me, what has UKRM become?

A pee-pee soaked heck-hole?

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao