A plucked goose doesn't lay golden eggs.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

SubjectAuthor
* Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onSimon Mason
> [...]
|`- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling chav loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
|+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
||`- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onSimon Mason
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
|`* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
| +- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi OutingSpike

Pages:12345
Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<24522dec-7207-4abb-a4f5-0b7e80ac0d70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30152&group=uk.rec.cycling#30152

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 13:11:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:11 UTC

Three people were arrested over the weekend in connection with the death of Ethan Liming, a 17-year-old from Ohio who was beaten to death in early June in an apparent reaction to a water gun prank.

Deshawn Stafford, 20; Tyler Stafford, 19; and Donovan Jones, 21, were arrested on 11 June, according to Akron police.

Officials had been searching for answers after Liming was found unresponsive in a parking lot outside of Lebron James’s I Promise School in Akron on 2 June.

An unknown caller alerted police to a fight underway around 10:45pm that night, according to officials.

"Ethan Liming lost his life in a senseless act of violence. Ethan did not deserve to die Saturday night. He did not," Akron police chief Stephern Mylett said in a press conference after the death.

The fight occurred after Liming and a group of associates arrived at the school and began shooting a toy SPLATRBALL Water Bead Blaster at a group playing basketball nearby.

Liming’s injuries suggested a “prolonged, intentional intent to assault him,” police have said.

Liming was white, while the three individuals arrested are Black, according to police.

"There is nothing that we have in our possession right now, any indication at all, indicating that race played a role in this homicide. Nothing," Mr Mylett said during the press conference.

Liming’s parents lamented the loss of their son.

"We would do anything we could possibly do to turn the clock back and have him in my arms again. And to see his face again, but they robbed me of even that ability. And they destroyed my child’s face and his head," Bill Liming told News 5 Cleveland. “People keep saying, ‘Oh, you do these things and you get what you deserve.’ I don’t think anybody’s child would ever deserve what happened to him. Nobody’s child would deserve what they did to my child.”

Officials in Akron condemned the violence.

“Ethan Liming was a young man with a full life ahead of him, and that bright future was senselessly taken from him in the most brutal of ways.. This type of violence in our community has ripple effects that touch each person, including myself, in profound ways, and I know the city of Akron is in mourning because of this tremendous loss,” mayor Daniel Horrigan said in a statement last week.

Liming dreamed of being a lawyer, and a scholarship is being set up in his name through Akron Public Schools

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfels1F12naU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30165&group=uk.rec.cycling#30165

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 20 Jun 2023 22:00:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:00 UTC

> A maths teacher has been convicted of assault after squirting his
> ex-partner with a water pistol.

erm…

> The teacher, of Sturry, Kent, was given a 12-month conditional discharge
> and ordered to pay £400 cost

A conditional discharge is not a conviction.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfels1F12naU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30166&group=uk.rec.cycling#30166

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 20 Jun 2023 22:00:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:00 UTC

I’ve been to Ohio.

I think you’ll find it isn’t in the UK…

> Three people were arrested over the weekend in connection with the death
> of Ethan Liming, a 17-year-old from Ohio who was beaten to death in early
> June in an apparent reaction to a water gun prank.
>
> Deshawn Stafford, 20; Tyler Stafford, 19; and Donovan Jones, 21, were
> arrested on 11 June, according to Akron police.
>
> Officials had been searching for answers after Liming was found
> unresponsive in a parking lot outside of Lebron James’s I Promise School
> in Akron on 2 June.
>
> An unknown caller alerted police to a fight underway around 10:45pm that
> night, according to officials.
>
> "Ethan Liming lost his life in a senseless act of violence. Ethan did not
> deserve to die Saturday night. He did not," Akron police chief Stephern
> Mylett said in a press conference after the death.
>
> The fight occurred after Liming and a group of associates arrived at the
> school and began shooting a toy SPLATRBALL Water Bead Blaster at a group
> playing basketball nearby.
>
> Liming’s injuries suggested a “prolonged, intentional intent to assault
> him,” police have said.
>
> Liming was white, while the three individuals arrested are Black, according to police.
>
> "There is nothing that we have in our possession right now, any
> indication at all, indicating that race played a role in this homicide.
> Nothing," Mr Mylett said during the press conference.
>
> Liming’s parents lamented the loss of their son.
>
> "We would do anything we could possibly do to turn the clock back and
> have him in my arms again. And to see his face again, but they robbed me
> of even that ability. And they destroyed my child’s face and his head,"
> Bill Liming told News 5 Cleveland. “People keep saying, ‘Oh, you do these
> things and you get what you deserve.’ I don’t think anybody’s child would
> ever deserve what happened to him. Nobody’s child would deserve what they did to my child.”
>
> Officials in Akron condemned the violence.
>
> “Ethan Liming was a young man with a full life ahead of him, and that
> bright future was senselessly taken from him in the most brutal of ways.
> This type of violence in our community has ripple effects that touch each
> person, including myself, in profound ways, and I know the city of Akron
> is in mourning because of this tremendous loss,” mayor Daniel Horrigan
> said in a statement last week.
>
> Liming dreamed of being a lawyer, and a scholarship is being set up in
> his name through Akron Public Schools

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<ea5a867a-4926-4167-9a4e-f175aebb828en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30172&group=uk.rec.cycling#30172

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:11:13 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:11 UTC

A man who sprayed petrol over two people and then threatened to set them on fire has been jailed.

Kevin Costello, of Cranmer Street, Long Eaton in Derbyshire was sentenced after pleading guilty to filling a children's water gun with fuel before dousing two people in it.

The attack which happened on 30 September last year on George Street in Mansfield is reported to have started after Costello got into an argument with one of the victims.

Costello began to spray the first victim with the fuel-filled water pistol out of the window of his van before attacking the second person when she came to help.

After taking out a lighter and threatening to set them and their house alight, Costello fled the scene on foot. He was later arrested.

Costello admitted to the attack but said he only meant to scare his victims.

He pleaded guilty to two counts of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent.

Temporary Detective Inspector, Andrew Hall, from Nottinghamshire Police, said: "This was an incredibly frightening incident for the victims who were are real risk of very serious injury."

"I can only imagine the fear they felt as Costello waved that lighter towards them."

"Threatening people in this way is completely unacceptable and I am pleased Costello has now been brought to justice."

Costello has been sentenced to six years in jail.

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water from a toy water-pistol on a charitable Taxi Outing

<kfg0roF79s8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30191&group=uk.rec.cycling#30191

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water
from a toy water-pistol on a charitable Taxi Outing
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:14:18 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:14 UTC

On 21/06/2023 06:11 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A man who sprayed petrol over two people and then threatened to set them on fire has been jailed. [ ... ]

Q: What does that have to do with:

(a) disabled children,
(b) toy water pistols,
(c) self-important and pompous chav-cyclists or
(d) the charitable and selfless traditions of the licenced taxi-trade in
several cities, including London, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh?

A: Nothing whatsoever. It's just Mad Mason trying to divert attention
(again) from the self-important chav-cyclist whose pomposity was pricked
- quite cleverly - by a small child with a toy water piston, very
probably to the delight of passers-by.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<79303508-6c2d-4aca-b987-52ed919754d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30194&group=uk.rec.cycling#30194

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 03:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 10:42 UTC

QUOTE: Costello has been sentenced to six years in jail. ENDS

For squirting a water pistol? It was only meant to be a joke.
HAHAHAH - how we laughed.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfg3ttF7ps9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30199&group=uk.rec.cycling#30199

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 21 Jun 2023 11:06:37 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:06 UTC

> QUOTE: Costello has been sentenced to six years in jail. ENDS
>
> For squirting a water pistol? It was only meant to be a joke.
> HAHAHAH - how we laughed.

You’re either deranged or faking it too well.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<f88cdef3-2c93-4dc8-822f-df3d91ee34e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30203&group=uk.rec.cycling#30203

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 06:11:23 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:11 UTC

A man faces court action after shooting at people in a north coast town – with a water pistol.

The 22-year-old could be prosecuted after police failed to see the funny side of his prank in Portstewart, Co Londonderry.

He was in a car travelling along the town's busy Promenade on Sunday evening when police saw one of those inside shooting water over pedestrians and other road users.

Officers stopped the car and identified a man as the prime suspect for the water attacks.

A file on the incident has been sent by police to the Public Prosecution Service (PPS), who will consider whether or not to take court action.

A police spokeswoman said squirting water over other motorists could potentially cause a vehicle to crash.

But followers of the PSNI's North Coast Facebook page said the officers involved "should catch themselves on" and "concentrate on catching real criminals".

Others made tongue-in-cheek remarks about "police hypocrisy" given the use of high-powered water cannon over the Twelfth period.

One posted: "Got to be a joke. Squirting with intent? Grievous bodily wetting? Driving while damp?"

One of the victims of the water pistol shooters, Ulster Unionist MLA Sandra Overend (right), said while those responsible did not mean anybody any harm, their actions were potentially dangerous. Ms Overend, who represents Mid Ulster, was in Portstewart with her family when a car drove past hers and squirted through her driver's window.

She said: "I was sitting in a queue going into Portstewart, my car was stationary with the window open slightly. We were squirted and my children were in the back. One of them piped up 'I just got wet'.

"There is a serious element where if you're taken by surprise and squirted as a driver it could cause an accident.

"I think the police were right to stop them and warn them of the consequences of what could happen.

"I can also see from the other point of view that is was innocent fun but you need to understand the consequences if you are squirting drivers what can happen."

A police spokeswoman confirmed the report to the PPS.

She added: "Police don't want to be killjoys and stop people having craic, but it's our job to draw the line when things go too far.

"Some people might not take kindly to prankish behaviour and police were being proactive in this instance, preventing trouble from starting in the first place."

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with a few drops of water by a small disabled child's toy water pistol (during a charitable Taxi Outing)

<kfgde5F94mtU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30210&group=uk.rec.cycling#30210

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with a few
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:48:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 13:48 UTC

> A man faces court action after shooting at people in a north coast town – with a water pistol.
>
> The 22-year-old could be prosecuted after police failed to see the funny side of his prank in Portstewart, Co Londonderry.
>
> He was in a car travelling along the town's busy Promenade on Sunday evening when police saw one of those inside shooting water over pedestrians and other road users.
>
> Officers stopped the car and identified a man as the prime suspect for the water attacks.
>
> A file on the incident has been sent by police to the Public Prosecution Service (PPS), who will consider whether or not to take court action.
>
> A police spokeswoman said squirting water over other motorists could potentially cause a vehicle to crash.
>
> But followers of the PSNI's North Coast Facebook page said the officers involved "should catch themselves on" and "concentrate on catching real criminals".
>
> Others made tongue-in-cheek remarks about "police hypocrisy" given the use of high-powered water cannon over the Twelfth period.
>
> One posted: "Got to be a joke. Squirting with intent? Grievous bodily wetting? Driving while damp?"
>
> One of the victims of the water pistol shooters, Ulster Unionist MLA Sandra Overend (right), said while those responsible did not mean anybody any harm, their actions were potentially dangerous. Ms Overend, who represents Mid Ulster, was in Portstewart with her family when a car drove past hers and squirted through her driver's window.
>
> She said: "I was sitting in a queue going into Portstewart, my car was stationary with the window open slightly. We were squirted and my children were in the back. One of them piped up 'I just got wet'.
>
> "There is a serious element where if you're taken by surprise and squirted as a driver it could cause an accident.
>
> "I think the police were right to stop them and warn them of the consequences of what could happen.
>
> "I can also see from the other point of view that is was innocent fun but you need to understand the consequences if you are squirting drivers what can happen."
>
> A police spokeswoman confirmed the report to the PPS.
>
> She added: "Police don't want to be killjoys and stop people having craic, but it's our job to draw the line when things go too far.
>
> "Some people might not take kindly to prankish behaviour and police were being proactive in this instance, preventing trouble from starting in the first place."

TRANSLATION:

"Yes, we were too po-faced, reacted too quickly and went OTT. Sorry.
We'll try to be less silly in future".

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<5e1fcb80-93d2-4536-95d0-e47df07cce75n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30214&group=uk.rec.cycling#30214

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 08:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:28 UTC

QUOTE: A police spokeswoman said squirting water over other motorists could potentially cause a vehicle to crash.

But followers of the PSNI's North Coast Facebook page said the officers involved "should catch themselves on" and "concentrate on catching real criminals". ENDS

Ah yes - the usual bleating of the criminal driver:

"HAVEN'T YOU GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?"

You mean doing their jobs?

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfgmfgFak6oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30224&group=uk.rec.cycling#30224

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 21 Jun 2023 16:23:12 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:23 UTC

> QUOTE: A police spokeswoman said squirting water over other motorists
> could potentially cause a vehicle to crash.
>
> But followers of the PSNI's North Coast Facebook page said the officers
> involved "should catch themselves on" and "concentrate on catching real criminals". ENDS
>
> Ah yes - the usual bleating of the criminal driver:
>
> "HAVEN'T YOU GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?"
>
> You mean doing their jobs?

Which job? They have so many:

Police: 3000 burglaries a day NFA

Due to lack of resources the police in E&W are closing more than a million
cases of burglary and theft every year with NFA after the initial report.

This is the time to ask the question as to whether the police can afford to
follow up on ‘cases’ where a driver has not collided with a cyclist.

Freeing up these officers would mean they could be deployed on at least a
basic follow-up to a report of a burglary or theft, as it is known that
once burgled, the chances of a repeat of the crime is a staggering 25%, and
effective action can be taken to mitigate against this, especially when
police officer offers advice on countermeasures. At present, conviction
rates are very low.

It’s time the police stopped pussy-footing about with non-crimes like
‘close passes’ and tackled real issues.

Free up those officers! Bang up the burglars!

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<a5a638be-b241-4ea2-b190-ee32353d1dcdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30230&group=uk.rec.cycling#30230

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 09:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:41 UTC

On Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 4:28:04 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: A police spokeswoman said squirting water over other motorists could potentially cause a vehicle to crash.
>
> But followers of the PSNI's North Coast Facebook page said the officers involved "should catch themselves on" and "concentrate on catching real criminals". ENDS
>
> Ah yes - the usual bleating of the criminal driver:
>
> "HAVEN'T YOU GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?"
>
> You mean doing their jobs?

Yes. It would be an assault and battery, most likely. Also, if the person should, in an effort to get away from you, fall and get hurt, or should the water be cold and the person have a heart attack, or whatever, you could be charged with a greater offence. Let's say the person who had a heart attack dies.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<93b73d67-9f48-442c-9c4c-cfb91126baefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30232&group=uk.rec.cycling#30232

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 09:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:51 UTC

YOUNG pranksters are putting lives at risk by using toy water pistols to squirt or throw water at motorists during the current heatwave.

Police in Burnley say motorists are being targeted by gangs of yobs who find it amusing to attack people while driving.

Today officers urged youngsters to heed warnings in a bid to prevent a serious road accident from happening.

They fear shocked motorists could cause a serious accident after getting a sudden drenching.

And civic leaders today branded the yobs "mindless" and encouraged people with information about any of the offences to contact police.

In the latest incident, a woman was driving along Dane Street in Burnley on Wednesday at 4.30pm when pranksters threw a bucket of water through the driver's side window.

Police said the shock caused her to swerve and narrowly avoided causing an accident.

ergeant Vicki Haworth, of Burnley Police, said: "We have had a number of incidents where groups of youths are driving around in vehicles and squirting people with water pistols and powerful water soakers.

"That, in itself, although annoying, wouldn't necessarily cause anyone any harm.

"It's not only inconsiderate doing it to people who are driving cars with their windows down but it's also very dangerous because people have had to swerve and we are lucky that there hasn't been any serious collisions or anyone knocked over because of this foolish behaviour.

"People think it's amusing but the reality of it is that it is extremely dangerous and we want people to consider other road users' safety because this is happening all over Burnley."

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist-chav loses it when splashed with by a child with water from a toy water pistol (while she was on a childrens' Taxi Outing)

<kfhjn6Fes5bU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30246&group=uk.rec.cycling#30246

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist-chav loses it when splashed with by a
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 01:42:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 00:42 UTC

> On Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 4:28:04 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: A police spokeswoman said squirting water over other motorists could potentially cause a vehicle to crash.
>> But followers of the PSNI's North Coast Facebook page said the officers involved "should catch themselves on" and "concentrate on catching real criminals". ENDS
>> Ah yes - the usual bleating of the criminal driver:
>> "HAVEN'T YOU GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?"
>> You mean doing their jobs?

> Yes. It would be an assault and battery, most likely. Also, if the person should, in an effort to get away from you, fall and get hurt, or should the water be cold and the person have a heart attack, or whatever, you could be charged with a greater offence. Let's say the person who had a heart attack dies.

....all because a vulnerable child squirted a humourless cycling-chav
with a water pistol...

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<c4a55a92-7aad-435b-ba33-ae3168518a3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30249&group=uk.rec.cycling#30249

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:56:29 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 04:56 UTC

Pranksters were reported to police after driving around shooting city centre revellers with a water pistol.

The jokers were spotted hosing down passers-by on Deansgate in the early hours of this morning.

Officers told the culprits to ‘grow up’ after being alerted by a member of the public before posting the incident on Twitter.

GMP city centre’s division tweeted: “Call came in at 2am last night about adult male passengers in a vehicle squirting water pistols at passers by #growup.”

And sergeant Anna Keese, from the city centre policing team, said: “We received a call from a concerned member of the public who did not use the emergency 999 number.

“It’s one of those things that could be a nuisance and if the water did hit someone then it could be classed as a common assault.”

And it isn’t the first time this year that officers have been called after pranksters targeted the public with a water gun.

In May passengers in a blue people carrier drove around Manchester’s Northern Quarter shooting Bank Holiday revellers with water.

After that incident police posted that the offenders could have been arrested on suspicion of assault or public order offences.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfibc7FibsqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30256&group=uk.rec.cycling#30256

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 07:25:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 07:25 UTC

Mason seems to have taken to heart the prank by a disadvantaged child on a
special-day charity outing.

Yet when it came to a cyclist kicking a young girl to the ground because
she was tardy getting out of his way, Mason was very, very quiet.

<https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/cyclist-who-kicked-little-girl-23243631>

Shame on him.

> Pranksters were reported to police after driving around shooting city
> centre revellers with a water pistol.
>
> The jokers were spotted hosing down passers-by on Deansgate in the early
> hours of this morning.
>
> Officers told the culprits to ‘grow up’ after being alerted by a member
> of the public before posting the incident on Twitter.
>
> GMP city centre’s division tweeted: “Call came in at 2am last night about
> adult male passengers in a vehicle squirting water pistols at passers by #growup.”
>
> And sergeant Anna Keese, from the city centre policing team, said: “We
> received a call from a concerned member of the public who did not use the
> emergency 999 number.
>
> “It’s one of those things that could be a nuisance and if the water did
> hit someone then it could be classed as a common assault.”
>
> And it isn’t the first time this year that officers have been called
> after pranksters targeted the public with a water gun.
>
> In May passengers in a blue people carrier drove around Manchester’s
> Northern Quarter shooting Bank Holiday revellers with water.
>
> After that incident police posted that the offenders could have been
> arrested on suspicion of assault or public order offences.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<ee8d0645-46ac-452d-9fd7-e403a6772b27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30259&group=uk.rec.cycling#30259

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 02:01:59 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:01 UTC

POLICE have issued a warning to the public after reports of a person carrying a firearm in Poole town centre proved to be an individual with a water pistol.

Officers seized the imitation firearm which looked “realistic” on Saturday, April 1.

Following the incident, police posted on social media around the concerns such incidents can cause.

A Poole Police spokesperson said: “An imitation firearm was seized In Poole Town today following reports of an individual carrying a firearm.

"Thankfully it turned out to be a water pistol however the gun still looked realistic, especially from afar.

“Although it is not black, nowadays pistols can be made in a variety of different colours which includes pink and white.

“Water guns might provide some entertainment, however realistic ones of this nature could be perceived as a real firearm when carried in public spaces.”

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfijhdFjiagU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30261&group=uk.rec.cycling#30261

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 09:45:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:45 UTC

Police confuse a brightly-coloured plastic toy with a gun. Again.

It could have been worse…police once shot dead a man with a gun that turned
out to be a mobile phone. I’m not sure how many gun-shaped mobile phones
were on the market at the time, but I guess they proved unpopular.

Then there’s the case of a man shot dead for carrying a table-leg in a
plastic bag, based on an unverified anonymous tip from someone in a pub,
that proved to be wrong in every respect.

> POLICE have issued a warning to the public after reports of a person
> carrying a firearm in Poole town centre proved to be an individual with a water pistol.
>
> Officers seized the imitation firearm which looked “realistic” on Saturday, April 1.
>
> Following the incident, police posted on social media around the concerns
> such incidents can cause.
>
> A Poole Police spokesperson said: “An imitation firearm was seized In
> Poole Town today following reports of an individual carrying a firearm.
>
> "Thankfully it turned out to be a water pistol however the gun still
> looked realistic, especially from afar.
>
> “Although it is not black, nowadays pistols can be made in a variety of
> different colours which includes pink and white.
>
> “Water guns might provide some entertainment, however realistic ones of
> this nature could be perceived as a real firearm when carried in public spaces.”

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<564a53cf-0d37-4ddb-a547-1e0d2fb54773n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30262&group=uk.rec.cycling#30262

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 03:38:13 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 10:38 UTC

For most Londoners, the idea of a stranger stalking them at their home and work, maybe while carrying a gun, is the ultimate nightmare. But as of today, around 150 people in the city have volunteered to endure just that - all in the name of fun.

Police have warned players taking part in the first British version of 'Street Wars' - a role-playing game in which participants hunt down and "assassinate" targets while themselves being targeted by others - could spark panic in a city already jittery about possible terrorist attacks.

In a stern statement, British transport police (BTP) labelled participants "irresponsible", saying the sight of someone brandishing a water pistol - the weapon of choice in Street Wars - could cause "genuine fear".

Street Wars, described as a "three-week long, 24/7, watergun assassination tournament", began in the US in 2004, with the London event being the seventh in all, and the second in Europe.

Those who signed up received a manila envelope earlier this week containing a picture of their first "target", along with details such as their home and business addresses.

Working alone or as part of a team, players must "kill" a target by squirting them with a water pistol or soaking them with a water balloon. A successful hit means a player inherits their victim's target, with the eventual winner being whoever retrieves the envelope containing their own details.

"You can hunt your target down any way you see fit; you can pose as a delivery person and jack them when they open the door, disguise yourself and take them out on the street, etc," the Street Wars website says.

Certain areas are considered "safe zones", such as a player's workplace, buses and bars - but not tube stations.

The BTP warned players that London's public transport network was "not the place for this sort of activity".

"Those thinking of taking part should consider that they may be committing criminal offences and are putting themselves and others in danger," said Superintendent Bob Pacey.

"The sight of people carrying what appears to a be a firearm on the London Underground system, one year after the tragic events of July 2005 will cause passengers and staff genuine fear," the force warned.

"Calls to the police may lead to disruption to services and the deployment of armed officers. Any offences committed will be treated seriously."

Scotland Yard added its own caution, saying some water pistols can "look very real", potentially prompting a major alert.

Despite this hint of real danger, the rules of Street Wars make it plain that this is a far cry from the real world of crime.

For example, would-be assassins are informed when their target leaves London, and players are urged not to spend too long away from the capital.

"If you need to run some business trips out of town for a few days this is fine," the website notes.

"But if you need to be going for a whole week during the game, then you would be disqualified."

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfipchFkfjcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30266&group=uk.rec.cycling#30266

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 11:25:05 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:25 UTC

> For most Londoners, the idea of a stranger stalking them at their home
> and work, maybe while carrying a gun, is the ultimate nightmare. But as
> of today, around 150 people in the city have volunteered to endure just
> that - all in the name of fun.

> Police have warned players taking part in the first British version of
> 'Street Wars' - a role-playing game in which participants hunt down and
> "assassinate" targets while themselves being targeted by others - could
> spark panic in a city already jittery about possible terrorist attacks.

Proof if any were ever needed of London spiralling into an unreality all of
its own. Londoners are welcome to the city.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<056ecb0e-c862-4e57-aaba-a746a427cf18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30268&group=uk.rec.cycling#30268

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 06:00:18 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:00 UTC

Police today raised concerns over a new water gun 'craze' in which yobs target bystanders from passing cars.

The warning came a week after one 'shooting' sparked an axe attack in a Bradford supermarket car park.

Detectives renewed their appeal for information about the vicious assault at the Morrisons supermarket in Girlington, which left a father-of-two with more than 20 stitches in his arm.

Officers have received a string of complaints over recent weeks from people who had been left soaked by the high-powered water guns fired from vehicles.

Chief Inspector David Young, of Bradford South Police, said: "This is socially a great annoyance and can cause distress and injury.

"In some incidents it has the potential to be very dangerous. If water is fired at another driver it could cause them to be distracted and lead to an accident."

Chief Insp Young added: "These incidents can be really upsetting for those involved, particular for someone who is elderly.

"We would strongly dissuade people from taking part in this type of behaviour."

Those caught could be charged with public order or assault offences.

The Telegraph & Argus reported how in the aftermath of Dexter Coleman's murder - in which the 26-year-old student was shot in the back outside the Young Lion Caf, Manningham - youths had pulled up in cars and fired water guns at those gathered outside.

Detectives today renewed an appeal for help in tracing an axe attacker who injured a father-of-two in a supermarket car park following a water gun incident.

They said the attack occurred outside the Morrisons supermarket last Friday at 7pm.

As the 29-year-old drove into the car park, his vehicle was squirted with water from a high-powered water pistol, some of which hit his children.

He got out of the car and went to remonstrate with the driver, in a grey Honda Integra, who he believed to have been the culprit.

Detective Constable Steve Parkin, of Bradford North CID, said: "There was a confrontation in the car park and the man was struck on the arm with an axe, causing a serious wound."

He said the victim was taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary where he received more than 20 stitches to the gash on his arm. The victim, who is Asian, has since returned home to his family.

Det Con Parkin said it is thought that other bystanders are thought to have been squirted close to the supermarket before the attack and he appealed for these to come forward.

"We would also like to hear from anyone in the car park with any information at all about this incident. They might think it is something insignificant but it could be important to the inquiry."

The attacker is described as Asian, around 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build with short black hair and a beard. He is thought to be aged between 24 and 27 and wearing a blue and cream horizontally striped jumper and black jeans.

Anyone with information should contact Bradford North Police on (01274) 376059.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfivi7Flc0iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30271&group=uk.rec.cycling#30271

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 13:10:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:10 UTC

> Police today raised concerns over a new water gun 'craze' in which yobs
> target bystanders from passing cars.

People need to start employing BWCs and uploading the videos to the police
‘report a water pistol attack’ websites.

The police bin 3000 burglary report every day, but find the time to pursue
drivers who don’t crash into cyclists, so I’d expect them to get on top of
this latest craze pretty quickly.

> The warning came a week after one 'shooting' sparked an axe attack in a
> Bradford supermarket car park.
>
> Detectives renewed their appeal for information about the vicious assault
> at the Morrisons supermarket in Girlington, which left a father-of-two
> with more than 20 stitches in his arm.
>
> Officers have received a string of complaints over recent weeks from
> people who had been left soaked by the high-powered water guns fired from vehicles.
>
> Chief Inspector David Young, of Bradford South Police, said: "This is
> socially a great annoyance and can cause distress and injury.
>
> "In some incidents it has the potential to be very dangerous. If water is
> fired at another driver it could cause them to be distracted and lead to an accident."
>
> Chief Insp Young added: "These incidents can be really upsetting for
> those involved, particular for someone who is elderly.
>
> "We would strongly dissuade people from taking part in this type of behaviour."
>
> Those caught could be charged with public order or assault offences.
>
> The Telegraph & Argus reported how in the aftermath of Dexter Coleman's
> murder - in which the 26-year-old student was shot in the back outside
> the Young Lion Caf, Manningham - youths had pulled up in cars and fired
> water guns at those gathered outside.
>
> Detectives today renewed an appeal for help in tracing an axe attacker
> who injured a father-of-two in a supermarket car park following a water gun incident.
>
> They said the attack occurred outside the Morrisons supermarket last Friday at 7pm.
>
> As the 29-year-old drove into the car park, his vehicle was squirted with
> water from a high-powered water pistol, some of which hit his children.
>
> He got out of the car and went to remonstrate with the driver, in a grey
> Honda Integra, who he believed to have been the culprit.
>
> Detective Constable Steve Parkin, of Bradford North CID, said: "There was
> a confrontation in the car park and the man was struck on the arm with an
> axe, causing a serious wound."
>
> He said the victim was taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary where he
> received more than 20 stitches to the gash on his arm. The victim, who is
> Asian, has since returned home to his family.
>
> Det Con Parkin said it is thought that other bystanders are thought to
> have been squirted close to the supermarket before the attack and he
> appealed for these to come forward.
>
> "We would also like to hear from anyone in the car park with any
> information at all about this incident. They might think it is something
> insignificant but it could be important to the inquiry."
>
> The attacker is described as Asian, around 5ft 10ins tall, of medium
> build with short black hair and a beard. He is thought to be aged between
> 24 and 27 and wearing a blue and cream horizontally striped jumper and black jeans.
>
> Anyone with information should contact Bradford North Police on (01274) 376059.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling-chav loses it when splashed with water from a child's water pistol (on the annual disabled childrens' Taxi Outing)

<kfj1ccFlj7sU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30276&group=uk.rec.cycling#30276

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling-chav loses it when splashed with water
from a child's water pistol (on the annual disabled childrens' Taxi Outing)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:41:34 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:41 UTC

On 22/06/2023 05:56 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Pranksters were reported to police after driving around shooting city centre revellers with a water pistol.

"Shooting"?

Are you quite alright in the head (rhetorical - we all know that the
answer is "No").

> The jokers were spotted hosing down passers-by on Deansgate in the early hours of this morning.
> Officers told the culprits to ‘grow up’ after being alerted by a member of the public before posting the incident on Twitter.

A common-sense remedy for the "problem".

> GMP city centre’s division tweeted: “Call came in at 2am last night about adult male passengers in a vehicle squirting water pistols at passers by #growup.”
> And sergeant Anna Keese, from the city centre policing team, said: “We received a call from a concerned member of the public who did not use the emergency 999 number.
> “It’s one of those things that could be a nuisance and if the water did hit someone then it could be classed as a common assault.”
> And it isn’t the first time this year that officers have been called after pranksters targeted the public with a water gun.
> In May passengers in a blue people carrier drove around Manchester’s Northern Quarter shooting Bank Holiday revellers with water.
> After that incident police posted that the offenders could have been arrested on suspicion of assault or public order offences.

How many disabled nine-year-olds have they arrested?

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfj1e0Flj7sU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30277&group=uk.rec.cycling#30277

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Taxi Outing
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:42:25 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:42 UTC

On 22/06/2023 08:25 am, Spike wrote:

> Mason seems to have taken to heart the prank by a disadvantaged child on a
> special-day charity outing.
>
> Yet when it came to a cyclist kicking a young girl to the ground because
> she was tardy getting out of his way, Mason was very, very quiet.

He's a sociopath.

[That's four syllables. He'll have to look it up.]

> <https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/cyclist-who-kicked-little-girl-23243631>
>
> Shame on him.
>
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Pranksters were reported to police after driving around shooting city
>> centre revellers with a water pistol.
>>
>> The jokers were spotted hosing down passers-by on Deansgate in the early
>> hours of this morning.
>>
>> Officers told the culprits to ‘grow up’ after being alerted by a member
>> of the public before posting the incident on Twitter.
>>
>> GMP city centre’s division tweeted: “Call came in at 2am last night about
>> adult male passengers in a vehicle squirting water pistols at passers by #growup.”
>>
>> And sergeant Anna Keese, from the city centre policing team, said: “We
>> received a call from a concerned member of the public who did not use the
>> emergency 999 number.
>>
>> “It’s one of those things that could be a nuisance and if the water did
>> hit someone then it could be classed as a common assault.”
>>
>> And it isn’t the first time this year that officers have been called
>> after pranksters targeted the public with a water gun.
>>
>> In May passengers in a blue people carrier drove around Manchester’s
>> Northern Quarter shooting Bank Holiday revellers with water.
>>
>> After that incident police posted that the offenders could have been
>> arrested on suspicion of assault or public order offences.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<4b3f6878-2547-4b26-b5ec-cd826a176964n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30284&group=uk.rec.cycling#30284

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 15:37 UTC

A MAN who entered a flat sprayed three women using a water pistol after a verbal altercation.

Emergency services were called to Lower Hall Street in St Helens town centre on Thursday night (June 2).

Police say it was reported a man had entered a property and used a water pistol to spray an unknown substance at three women following a dispute.

A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and assualt in connection with the incident. A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "We arrested a man following an incident in St Helens last night (Thursday, June 2).

"Just before 10.20pm, it was reported a man entered a flat on Lower Hall Street and sprayed three women inside with an unknown liquid using a water pistol, following a verbal altercation outside.

"The women were checked over by North West Ambulance Service and did not require treatment. Tests to establish the substance have proved inconclusive at this stage."

He added: "A 48-year-old man from St Helens was arrested on suspicion of burglary and assault.

"He has been conditionally bailed while enquiries to establish the full circumstances continue.

"Officers have conducted house to house inquiries and are exploring CCTV opportunities in the area."

Meanwhile, a Merseyside Fire and Rescue Services spokeswoman said: "We had one fire engine at the scene.

"We were called by police at 10.25pm and on scene at 10.29pm. We were on scene until 11.04pm. North West Ambulance Service also attended and assessed three people at the scene but they did not require hospital treatment."

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing