You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here today.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

SubjectAuthor
* Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onSimon Mason
> [...]
|`- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling chav loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
|+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
||`- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onSimon Mason
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
|`* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
| +- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi OutingSpike

Pages:12345
Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kg0pe4FplbhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30535&group=uk.rec.cycling#30535

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water
on Taxi Outing
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:51:48 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 18:51 UTC

> There's nothing more frustrating than running late. You might be racing to drop the kids off at school in the morning or to get to your doctor's appointment after a busy day at work.
>
> When in a rush, you might not notice a large puddle by the side of the road and end up getting water on someone walking past. But is this illegal? We take you through whether you could get a fine if you accidentally splash a pedestrian.
> Is it illegal to splash a pedestrian?
>
> Yes, it is illegal to splash a pedestrian with water from the road while you're driving. Splashing a pedestrian falls under Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and is punishable through a Fixed Penalty Notice.
>
> You can get a maximum fine of up to £5,000 and between three and nine penalty points on your licence if someone complains to police. One driver received a £500 fine after he splashed a mother and her children on the way to school. The court gave the new driver six points on his licence and ordered him to pay an extra £50 to the victim.
>
> The way you deal with the situation could determine whether or not the person you splash takes it any further. You could apologise and maybe even offer to pay their dry cleaning bill. If you're found to deliberately drive through puddles to target pedestrians you could get a Public Order Offence.

What drastic penalty is handed down to nine-year-old disabled children
who playfully splash a chav-on-a-bike with a toy water pistol?

By the way, thank you for responding under the corrected (and only
correct) thread title as above, including mention of the chav who
whinged about being splashed by a kid's water pistol when said disabled
child was on an annual charitable excursion.

One thing is becoming more and more clear: chavs on bikes such as
yourself and the complainant in the original story are humourless,
self-important prigs.

There you are. Even you should be able to understand it. Only one
four-syllable word.

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kg0pk7FpmbeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30536&group=uk.rec.cycling#30536

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on Taxi Outing
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:55:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 18:55 UTC

> Some people don't appreciate the "joke".

> Police were called after pranksters drove around Manchester’s Northern Quarter shooting Bank Holiday revellers with a water gun.
>
> The jokers were spotted in a blue people carrier late on Sunday night, hosing down passers-by, officers said.

A water pistol or a hose?

Which is it?

> They provoked mixed reactions when police aired the news on Twitter.
> GMP City Centre posted on Sunday night at 11.08pm: “Report of occupants of blue people carrier in NQ spraying pedestrians with large water gun. Is it me or is it just not that funny?”

Since you sound like a bit like a chav-cyclist, it's just you (and
others of that ilk).

> Follower @jehovah_himself replied: “It’s pathetic. Embarrassingly stupid” before Maria McCoy added: “I’m with you! I’d not be too pleased to have any liquid sited at me it’s bloody cold!”
> Duncan Drasdo, CEO of Manchester United Supporters Trust, joked: “Are you sure it’s water they’re spraying?”

:-)

Well... some people do have a wicked sense of humour, of course.

> Officers later posted that the water gun offenders could be arrested on suspicion of assault or public order offences, but it is not yet known if anyone was actually detained...

....or whether they were nine years old.

> https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/northern-quarter-water-pistol-police-9323715

PS: Thank you for once more replying to my part of the thread (which is
the one with the corrected, and only correct, thread title.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<7155d61a-975b-4edd-8340-0ea7c59d7c5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30537&group=uk.rec.cycling#30537

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 12:04:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:04 UTC

A THUG has been jailed after shooting two cops in the face with a giant water pistol filled with highly corrosive drain cleaner.

Mark Bedwell sprayed the noxious liquid at two police officers using a children’s 'super-soaker’ gun before then fleeing the scene.

Both officers sustained serious burning and blistering to their face, neck, head and hands, causing "detrimental" trauma.

Bedwell was arrested a short time later the same morning of the incident in 2019 at James Paget hospital, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, after another police officer recognised the same thug had come to the hospital for an ankle injury.

He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and charged with two counts of GBH.

One officer was discharged from hospital later the same day while the other officer required an overnight stay before being discharged, both required follow up treatment to their injuries.

They 50-year-old later pleaded guilty to two offences of unlawfully and maliciously throwing a corrosive fluid, with intent to burn, maim, disfigure or cause grievous bodily harm, now jailed for six years.

Detective Inspector Matt Adams of Lowestoft CID said: "This sentence handed out by the courts reflects the severity and seriousness of the incident.

"Both officers who were injured have outlined how it has had a significantly detrimental effect on them.

"The physical pain and discomfort both experienced afterwards has alleviated but the mental trauma remains for both.

"Any assault or attack on a police officer is deplorable.

"It is completely unacceptable to assault a person who is simply going out to do their job and do their best to serve the community and to work with and protect the public.

"This six-year sentence is a clear reminder to anyone who thinks they can attack officers without consequence is wrong.

"We will take action against those people to secure a prosecution and bring the perpetrators to justice.”

It was part of a pre-planned joint operation with Metropolitan police to arrest Bedwell in connection with other offences and to extradite him to America.

Bedwell was sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/15431034/thug-jailed-after-water-pistol-attack/