"Home, Sweet Home" must surely have been written by a bachelor. -- Samuel Butler

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

SubjectAuthor
* Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onSimon Mason
> [...]
|`- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling chav loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
|+* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with waterJNugent
||`- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onSimon Mason
|+- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
|`* Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water onswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed withSpike
| +- Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi OutingSpike

Pages:12345
Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfjaskFn2ogU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30290&group=uk.rec.cycling#30290

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 16:23:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:23 UTC

This seems far removed from a prank by a disadvantaged child being taken on
a charitable special day’s outing.

Is there any particular to reason to post it?

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<42e12d24-07e3-465d-8212-5021f986b1f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30295&group=uk.rec.cycling#30295

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:33:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:33 UTC

> QUOTE:
> He added: "A 48-year-old man from St Helens was arrested on suspicion of burglary and assault. ENDS

See - it's an assault, not a jolly jape.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfje1mFngl2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30298&group=uk.rec.cycling#30298

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 17:17:42 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:17 UTC

>> QUOTE:
>> He added: "A 48-year-old man from St Helens was arrested on suspicion of
>> burglary and assault. ENDS
>
> See - it's an assault, not a jolly jape.

Not by a child. See you’re original post.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfjeb5Fnj8eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30300&group=uk.rec.cycling#30300

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 17:22:45 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:22 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> He added: "A 48-year-old man from St Helens was arrested on suspicion of
>>> burglary and assault. ENDS
>>
>> See - it's an assault, not a jolly jape.
>
> Not by a child. See you’re original post.

“…your…”

Spell checkers, eh?

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<8186271a-8f30-40c7-995a-b978a9757bf3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30304&group=uk.rec.cycling#30304

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 10:37:34 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:37 UTC

A “NIGHTMARE neighbour” has dodged jail after she stormed into a grandmother’s house and savagely beat her after being accidentally sprayed with a water pistol.

Marina Bolton, 57, admitted assault and criminal damage after attacking nurse Jo Bates in front of her grandkids.

The fight erupted in April this year when Mrs Bates’ grandson Matthew, four, decided to water her roses and sprayed a water pistol over the fence in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.

Furious Bolton burst into her house and launched into savage 10 minute attack on Mrs Bates, who also runs Southend Homeless Hub, leaving her battered and bruised.

She said: “When I moved in 12 years ago there were no problems but she has turned into a nightmare neighbour.

“I had my grandchildren here so I went to the shops and bought the boys some water pistols. I put some music on and they were playing in the garden.

“Matthew decided to water the roses and some of the water went over the fence. He is only four years old. There was just the most horrendous shouting and screaming.

“The next thing I knew she was in my house. I was kicked and punched for ten minutes.

“I managed to get to the phone and dial 999. I couldn’t speak to the operator but they heard the tail end of the assault.”

Mrs Bolton added that Matthew and Bradley, seven, are still traumatised by the attack.

She said: “They are not used to seeing violence.

“Their parents don’t even shout at them, they will sit down and talk. So it was very distressing for them.

“Bradley still can’t be left on his own.”

She also alleged there was bad blood between the pair because Bolton had planted “huge” eucalyptus trees in her garden, allowed her Great Dane to damage the fence, and said her neighbour’s CCTV cameras point into her garden.

Bolton admitted assault by beating and causing £550 of damage to a wooden side gate, a speaker and an internal door.

She was handed a four-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, at Southend Magistrates’ Court and ordered to pay £1,220 compensation.

Magistrates said the incident was a “sustained assault” and the forced entry showed “pre-meditation”.

In mitigation, Bolton, a self-employed cleaner, argued that she had poor mental health and was provoked by the child’s use of the water pistol..

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfjtc9Fpql3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30325&group=uk.rec.cycling#30325

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 22 Jun 2023 21:39:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:39 UTC

Where was the Edinburgh cyclist in all this?

> A “NIGHTMARE neighbour” has dodged jail after she stormed into a
> grandmother’s house and savagely beat her after being accidentally
> sprayed with a water pistol.
>
> Marina Bolton, 57, admitted assault and criminal damage after attacking
> nurse Jo Bates in front of her grandkids.
>
> The fight erupted in April this year when Mrs Bates’ grandson Matthew,
> four, decided to water her roses and sprayed a water pistol over the
> fence in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
>
> Furious Bolton burst into her house and launched into savage 10 minute
> attack on Mrs Bates, who also runs Southend Homeless Hub, leaving her battered and bruised.
>
> She said: “When I moved in 12 years ago there were no problems but she
> has turned into a nightmare neighbour.
>
> “I had my grandchildren here so I went to the shops and bought the boys
> some water pistols. I put some music on and they were playing in the garden.
>
> “Matthew decided to water the roses and some of the water went over the
> fence. He is only four years old. There was just the most horrendous
> shouting and screaming.
>
> “The next thing I knew she was in my house. I was kicked and punched for ten minutes.
>
> “I managed to get to the phone and dial 999. I couldn’t speak to the
> operator but they heard the tail end of the assault.”
>
> Mrs Bolton added that Matthew and Bradley, seven, are still traumatised by the attack.
>
> She said: “They are not used to seeing violence.
>
> “Their parents don’t even shout at them, they will sit down and talk. So
> it was very distressing for them.
>
> “Bradley still can’t be left on his own.”
>
> She also alleged there was bad blood between the pair because Bolton had
> planted “huge” eucalyptus trees in her garden, allowed her Great Dane to
> damage the fence, and said her neighbour’s CCTV cameras point into her garden.
>
> Bolton admitted assault by beating and causing £550 of damage to a wooden
> side gate, a speaker and an internal door.
>
> She was handed a four-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, at
> Southend Magistrates’ Court and ordered to pay £1,220 compensation.
>
> Magistrates said the incident was a “sustained assault” and the forced
> entry showed “pre-meditation”.
>
> In mitigation, Bolton, a self-employed cleaner, argued that she had poor
> mental health and was provoked by the child’s use of the water pistol.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water by a young vulnerable child with a water pistol (on a charitable Taxi Outing)

<kfk3gmFqoojU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30330&group=uk.rec.cycling#30330

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water
by a young vulnerable child with a water pistol (on a charitable Taxi Outing)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 00:24:08 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:24 UTC

> A “NIGHTMARE neighbour” has dodged jail after she stormed into a grandmother’s house and savagely beat her after being accidentally sprayed with a water pistol.
> Marina Bolton, 57, admitted assault and criminal damage after attacking nurse Jo Bates in front of her grandkids.
> The fight erupted in April this year when Mrs Bates’ grandson Matthew, four, decided to water her roses and sprayed a water pistol over the fence in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
> Furious Bolton burst into her house and launched into savage 10 minute attack on Mrs Bates, who also runs Southend Homeless Hub, leaving her battered and bruised.
> She said: “When I moved in 12 years ago there were no problems but she has turned into a nightmare neighbour.
> “I had my grandchildren here so I went to the shops and bought the boys some water pistols. I put some music on and they were playing in the garden.
> “Matthew decided to water the roses and some of the water went over the fence. He is only four years old. There was just the most horrendous shouting and screaming.
> “The next thing I knew she was in my house. I was kicked and punched for ten minutes.
> “I managed to get to the phone and dial 999. I couldn’t speak to the operator but they heard the tail end of the assault.”
> Mrs Bolton added that Matthew and Bradley, seven, are still traumatised by the attack.
> She said: “They are not used to seeing violence.
> “Their parents don’t even shout at them, they will sit down and talk. So it was very distressing for them.
> “Bradley still can’t be left on his own.”
> She also alleged there was bad blood between the pair because Bolton had planted “huge” eucalyptus trees in her garden, allowed her Great Dane to damage the fence, and said her neighbour’s CCTV cameras point into her garden.
> Bolton admitted assault by beating and causing £550 of damage to a wooden side gate, a speaker and an internal door.
> She was handed a four-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, at Southend Magistrates’ Court and ordered to pay £1,220 compensation.
> Magistrates said the incident was a “sustained assault” and the forced entry showed “pre-meditation”.
> In mitigation, Bolton, a self-employed cleaner, argued that she had poor mental health and was provoked by the child’s use of the water pistol.

Whose side are you on?

[A] The violent "nightmare neighbour" aggressor who got the four-week
suspended?

[And with an attitude like that, she's GOT to be a cyclist as well.]

[B] The innocent victim, battered and bruised?

[C] The traumatised children, aged four and seven?

No need to answer... we all know whose side you're on.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfk3laFqoojU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30331&group=uk.rec.cycling#30331

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Taxi Outing
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 00:26:35 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:26 UTC

> A MAN who entered a flat sprayed three women using a water pistol after a verbal altercation.
> Emergency services were called to Lower Hall Street in St Helens town centre on Thursday night (June 2).
> Police say it was reported a man had entered a property and used a water pistol to spray an unknown substance at three women following a dispute.

You don't suppose it was... water... do you?

> A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and assualt in connection with the incident. A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "We arrested a man following an incident in St Helens last night (Thursday, June 2).
> "Just before 10.20pm, it was reported a man entered a flat on Lower Hall Street and sprayed three women inside with an unknown liquid using a water pistol, following a verbal altercation outside.
> "The women were checked over by North West Ambulance Service and did not require treatment. Tests to establish the substance have proved inconclusive at this stage."
> He added: "A 48-year-old man from St Helens was arrested on suspicion of burglary and assault.

Oh... burglary and assault...

> "He has been conditionally bailed while enquiries to establish the full circumstances continue.
> "Officers have conducted house to house inquiries and are exploring CCTV opportunities in the area."
> Meanwhile, a Merseyside Fire and Rescue Services spokeswoman said: "We had one fire engine at the scene.
> "We were called by police at 10.25pm and on scene at 10.29pm. We were on scene until 11.04pm. North West Ambulance Service also attended and assessed three people at the scene but they did not require hospital treatment."

They DIDN'T require hospital treatment? Not even after being squirted
with an unknown substance?

Gosh...

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<4ef013d7-bf86-4d8f-b269-150a80730d8en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30338&group=uk.rec.cycling#30338

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 05:42 UTC

A BUSINESSMAN hurled a barrage of foul-mouthed abuse at a female traffic warden before squirting her with a water pistol.

Cumbria County Council employee Amy Harrison wiped tears away from her face as she described to magistrates how she was left ‘humiliated and embarrassed’ by the incident.

She said that 53-year-old Timothy Coupe used foul and abusive language before he sprayed her in the face and chest with water from the six-inch toy pistol – causing her shirt to become see-through.

The two became embroiled in a row over a £35 parking ticket, a court heard.

Coupe, of Rivers View, Clappersgate, near Ambleside, denied using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

He said he was a ‘gentleman who went to public school’ and would ‘never use those words’.

He also rebuffed claims he squirted the water pistol and described Miss Harrison’s version of events as ‘absolutely fictitious’.

But the divorcee was found guilty by magistrates and told to pay more than £2,000 in fines, costs and compensation.

Cumbria County Council’s Cabinet member responsible for highways, Cllr Keith Little, described the incident as ‘unacceptable and outrageous’.

“Be they parking enforcement officers, social workers or someone working in a library, there is a boundary which must not be crossed,” he said.

Stephanie Thomas, UNISON North West Regional Manager said: “Traffic wardens work hard to help keep the roads safe and traffic moving. They have to brave the elements every day, but they shouldn’t have to brave abuse.”

The incident unfolded on the afternoon of June 18 on Compston Road in Ambleside when the on-duty warden approached Coupe’s Land Rover which was parked in a loading bay outside Boots pharmacy.

When she told him it was illegal to park there he put his finger to his mouth and gestured at her to ‘shush’, South Lakeland Magistrates Court heard.

Miss Harrison then walked towards the front of his car to note down the registration number.

When she told him to expect his ticket in the post he used foul and abusive language to describe her appearance.

She recalled how Coupe pulled out the water pistol, said to be in his car to help train his Newfoundland puppy which was sat in the boot and barked when approached by strangers.

“I felt humiliated and embarrassed,” she said. “I still do now. I can’t tell you how distressing it is to have a grown man shout those words at you. I was wearing a white shirt and it went see through in the middle of Ambleside.”

The court heard Miss Harrison had a body camera attached to her but recording of the incident failed because there was not enough memory on the device..

Coupe then took to the witness stand and told how he felt dizzy so decided to pull over for a moment.
As he did a call came through on his mobile phone. “I gestured in a polite manner I was only going to be a minute and she walked away from my car,” he said.

“After I finished my call I decided to pull off. I then heard Amy saying I’ll send you this in the post as she was waving her machine at me. I was taken aback and shocked because I thought she understood my gesture.”

When asked by John Appleby, prosecuting, why Miss Harrison would lie, Coupe replied: “I don’t know why she has felt the need to do this unless she felt undermined by me in a big posh Land Rover.”

He said the call lasted three minutes at the most but the court also heard from Josef Oxenhandler, who was on the other end of the phone call, who said it lasted around 10 minutes.

Returning a guilty verdict, chair of magistrates Anne Howson said: “Miss Harrison was a credible witness whose recollection of the incident, even today, caused distress.

“Her account is clear and detailed when she described how the water hit her - making her top see through - and how embarrassed she was by this..”

Coupe, who has no previous convictions, was fined £1,000, made to pay £620 costs and a £100 victim surcharge. He was also ordered to pay £400 compensation to Miss Harrison.

Suzie Kavanagh, defending Coupe, said: “He is recently divorced and is currently in a poor financial situation. He currently earns around £18,800 per year.”

Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling chav loses it when splashed with water (from a small child's water pistol) on a charitable Taxi (trade) Outing

<kfl61fF16j9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30347&group=uk.rec.cycling#30347

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cycling chav loses it when splashed with water
(from a small child's water pistol) on a charitable Taxi (trade) Outing
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:13:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:13 UTC

On 23/06/2023 06:42 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A BUSINESSMAN hurled a barrage of foul-mouthed abuse at a female traffic warden before squirting her with a water pistol.
> Cumbria County Council employee Amy Harrison wiped tears away from her face as she described to magistrates how she was left ‘humiliated and embarrassed’ by the incident.

That's a surprise. As opposed to chav-cyclists, I had never noticed that
traffic wardens appeared to be frightened of water. Or soap.

> She said that 53-year-old Timothy Coupe used foul and abusive language before he sprayed her in the face and chest with water from the six-inch toy pistol – causing her shirt to become see-through.
> The two became embroiled in a row over a £35 parking ticket, a court heard.
> Coupe, of Rivers View, Clappersgate, near Ambleside, denied using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
> He said he was a ‘gentleman who went to public school’ and would ‘never use those words’.
> He also rebuffed claims he squirted the water pistol and described Miss Harrison’s version of events as ‘absolutely fictitious’.
> But the divorcee

What does that have to do with the price of fish?

Why not quote his vital statistics as well?

> was found guilty by magistrates and told to pay more than £2,000 in fines, costs and compensation.
> Cumbria County Council’s Cabinet member responsible for highways, Cllr Keith Little, described the incident as ‘unacceptable and outrageous’.
> “Be they parking enforcement officers, social workers or someone working in a library, there is a boundary which must not be crossed,” he said.
> Stephanie Thomas, UNISON North West Regional Manager said: “Traffic wardens work hard to help keep the roads safe and traffic moving. They have to brave the elements every day, but they shouldn’t have to brave abuse.”
> The incident unfolded on the afternoon of June 18 on Compston Road in Ambleside when the on-duty warden approached Coupe’s Land Rover which was parked in a loading bay outside Boots pharmacy.
> When she told him it was illegal to park there he put his finger to his mouth and gestured at her to ‘shush’, South Lakeland Magistrates Court heard.
> Miss Harrison then walked towards the front of his car to note down the registration number.
> When she told him to expect his ticket in the post he used foul and abusive language to describe her appearance.
> She recalled how Coupe pulled out the water pistol, said to be in his car to help train his Newfoundland puppy which was sat in the boot and barked when approached by strangers.
> “I felt humiliated and embarrassed,” she said. “I still do now. I can’t tell you how distressing it is to have a grown man shout those words at you. I was wearing a white shirt and it went see through in the middle of Ambleside.”
> The court heard Miss Harrison had a body camera attached to her but recording of the incident failed because there was not enough memory on the device.

She isn't a cyclist in her spare time, is she?

> Coupe then took to the witness stand and told how he felt dizzy so decided to pull over for a moment.
> As he did a call came through on his mobile phone. “I gestured in a polite manner I was only going to be a minute and she walked away from my car,” he said.
> “After I finished my call I decided to pull off. I then heard Amy saying I’ll send you this in the post as she was waving her machine at me. I was taken aback and shocked because I thought she understood my gesture.”
> When asked by John Appleby, prosecuting, why Miss Harrison would lie, Coupe replied: “I don’t know why she has felt the need to do this unless she felt undermined by me in a big posh Land Rover.”
> He said the call lasted three minutes at the most but the court also heard from Josef Oxenhandler, who was on the other end of the phone call, who said it lasted around 10 minutes.
> Returning a guilty verdict, chair of magistrates Anne Howson said: “Miss Harrison was a credible witness whose recollection of the incident, even today, caused distress.
> “Her account is clear and detailed when she described how the water hit her - making her top see through - and how embarrassed she was by this.”
> Coupe, who has no previous convictions, was fined £1,000, made to pay £620 costs and a £100 victim surcharge. He was also ordered to pay £400 compensation to Miss Harrison.
> Suzie Kavanagh, defending Coupe, said: “He is recently divorced and is currently in a poor financial situation. He currently earns around £18,800 per year.”

Hmmm... We have a bit more income than that and don't have a "big posh
Land Rover".

He ought to run a home-economics course.

Now... where was the small child in all this?

Or, come to that, the chav on the bike?

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfl65iF17ckU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30348&group=uk.rec.cycling#30348

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 23 Jun 2023 09:15:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:15 UTC

And the relevance of this to a disadvantaged child’s charity-sponsored day
out is what?

<9e8bb3e6-2383-4eba-9fb1-b769e3f94974n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30356&group=uk.rec.cycling#30356

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:28 UTC

QUOTE: “Her account is clear and detailed when she described how the water hit her - making her top see through - and how embarrassed she was by this.” ENDS

So a pervert as well as a thug?

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water by a child's water pistol (on the Annual disadvantaged childrens' Taxi Outing)

<kfl7naF1f0sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30367&group=uk.rec.cycling#30367

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:42:02 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:42 UTC

On 23/06/2023 10:28 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: “Her account is clear and detailed when she described how the water hit her - making her top see through - and how embarrassed she was by this.” ENDS
>
> So a pervert as well as a thug?

That bit certainly seems to have excited you, M'Lud!

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<11957c1d-cde8-4f46-a060-e98458313edbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30368&group=uk.rec.cycling#30368

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:43 UTC

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 10:28:15 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: “Her account is clear and detailed when she described how the water hit her - making her top see through - and how embarrassed she was by this.” ENDS
>
> So a pervert as well as a thug?

Did he upskirt her as well?

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kflb2kF1vm2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30378&group=uk.rec.cycling#30378

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 23 Jun 2023 10:39:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:39 UTC

> A BUSINESSMAN hurled a barrage of foul-mouthed abuse at a female traffic
> warden before squirting her with a water pistol.

> The court heard Miss Harrison had a body camera attached to her but
> recording of the incident failed because there was not enough memory on the device.

The recording failed? SOP…

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<245bd760-db28-4629-8ed2-738591c84124n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30380&group=uk.rec.cycling#30380

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:11 UTC

Two water pistols were seized after an emergency response to a town centre.

Armed police were called to Week Street in Maidstone, opposite KFC, at around 2.45pm to reports a person was seen with a weapon

Pictures and videos from the scene showed multiple vehicles and officers with a police helicopter overhead.

The force swarmed the “lawless” part of the town centre after inital reports suggested someone was in possession of a handgun.

Two teenage girls were arrested and two water pistols seized by the force.

A police spokesman said: “The initial call made to us described a person as being in possession of what appeared to resemble a handgun.

“A similar description was received via town centre CCTV operators.

“Upon inspection by attending officers, two items seized were confirmed as water pistols. The two people arrested were released from custody later that evening.”

A video of large crowds appearing to show someone be arrested next to Payden’s pharmacy was shared online.

The area where the incident happened has been criticsed before by shop owners and councillors as being lawless.

It has gathered a notorious reputation over the past few years for anti-social behaviour and incidents.

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kfllueF3jj3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30383&group=uk.rec.cycling#30383

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
water on Taxi Outing
Date: 23 Jun 2023 13:44:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:44 UTC

> Two water pistols were seized after an emergency response to a town centre.
>
> Armed police were called to Week Street in Maidstone, opposite KFC, at
> around 2.45pm to reports a person was seen with a weapon
>
> Pictures and videos from the scene showed multiple vehicles and officers
> with a police helicopter overhead.
>
> The force swarmed the “lawless” part of the town centre after inital
> reports suggested someone was in possession of a handgun.
>
> Two teenage girls were arrested and two water pistols seized by the force.

No wonder the police bin reports of burglaries at the rate of a million a
year. They are too busy getting tooled up to chase shadows.

> A police spokesman said: “The initial call made to us described a person
> as being in possession of what appeared to resemble a handgun.
>
> “A similar description was received via town centre CCTV operators.
>
> “Upon inspection by attending officers, two items seized were confirmed
> as water pistols. The two people arrested were released from custody later that evening.”
>
> A video of large crowds appearing to show someone be arrested next to
> Payden’s pharmacy was shared online.
>
> The area where the incident happened has been criticsed before by shop
> owners and councillors as being lawless.

So there’s a larger problem here doubtless ignored by the police up to now.

> It has gathered a notorious reputation over the past few years for
> anti-social behaviour and incidents.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<r1db9ipke9r99o0ud8jvh1lqblnfufm2sf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30387&group=uk.rec.cycling#30387

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:07:13 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:07 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>Two water pistols were seized after an emergency response to a town centre.
>
>Armed police were called to Week Street in Maidstone, opposite KFC, at around 2.45pm to reports a person was seen with a weapon
>
>Pictures and videos from the scene showed multiple vehicles and officers with a police helicopter overhead.
>
>The force swarmed the “lawless” part of the town centre after inital reports suggested someone was in possession of a handgun.
>
>Two teenage girls were arrested and two water pistols seized by the force.

No wonder the police bin burglaries at the rate of 3000 a day. They
are too busy getting tooled up to chase shadows.

>A police spokesman said: “The initial call made to us described a person as being in possession of what appeared to resemble a handgun.
>
>“A similar description was received via town centre CCTV operators.
>
>“Upon inspection by attending officers, two items seized were confirmed as water pistols. The two people arrested were released from custody later that evening.”
>
>A video of large crowds appearing to show someone be arrested next to Payden’s pharmacy was shared online.
>
>The area where the incident happened has been criticsed before by shop owners and councillors as being lawless.

So there's a larger problem here doubtless ignored by the police until
now.

>It has gathered a notorious reputation over the past few years for anti-social behaviour and incidents.

--

Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<5eb1fb30-2168-49a6-a6be-5b8d5534d8adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30389&group=uk.rec.cycling#30389

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 08:26:09 -0700 (PDT)
Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:26 UTC

A brutal assault that took place in Northampton last week saw a gang throw a man to the ground and stamp on his head.

The assault took place on Wednesday, May 19 at 8pm when the victim was walking past the Far Cotton REC Centre in Towcester Road.

A grey people carrier pulled up nearby and three or four men got out before spraying the victim with water pistols. When the victim tried to grab one of the water pistols, the gang then threw him to the ground and stamped on him, causing cuts and grazes to his head and face.

The attackers then got back into the vehicle and drove away from the scene.

A spokesperson for Northamptonshire Police said: "The driver of the people carrier is described as a white man in his mid to late 20s, five foot and six inches to five foot and 10 inches tall and of muscular build. He wore a dark coloured sweatshirt with white or cream patches on the front, and a dark coloured baseball cap with a lighter colour on the front.

"The second suspect is described as an Asian man in his early 20s, around five foot and 11 inches, of medium build and a clear complexion. He wore a light blue hoodie with the hood up, and a light blue facemask. He carried a multi-coloured water pistol.

"The third and fourth men were in their early 20s, both wearing hoodies with the hoods up, with facemasks and carrying multi-coloured water pistols."

Witnesses or anyone with information or relevant dash cam footage is asked to call Northamptonshire Police on 101, quoting incident number: 21000276991

Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<u7etc5$1e0n2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30520&group=uk.rec.cycling#30520

From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Taxi Outing
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:57:09 +0100
 by: soup - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 14:57 UTC
Attachments: "P5230232.JPG" (image/jpeg)

On 16/06/2023 18:37, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: The cars were tooting their horns to signal their arrival as they made their way from Edinburgh Zoo to Direlton. ENDS
>
> Misuse of the horn as well - some will have been stationary - another no no.

I usually don't swear on the 'tubes, but.

Simon, get a fucking grip.

One day a year.
A lot of those kiddies won't see their next birthday .

Yet you think the taxis shouldn't blow their horns (by the way it is
legal to blow your horn to let others know of your presence), it could
be argued that all they were doing was alerting all and sundry to their
presence, and let joyless pricks like you get out of the way of the
kid's Supersoaker 9,000s.

It's not always kids that have these 'guns' one year the driver of my
son's taxi had a huge barrel of water in the front with him and a
collection of some of the biggest water pistols/guns I have ever seen.

One group I did feel for was a group of Japanese(?) businessmen who
seemed quite bemused by all these balloon covered taxis with kids
hanging out the windows squirting water at them, these apart I would
imagine everyone who lives or works or... within the Edinburgh area
knows of the taxi's and their water pistols.

One year we were in a stretch limo and my son was hanging out the sun
roof thing squirting all the (he called them chippies, A word he hed
learned from one of the carers of the other children) motor bike cops
they didn't care as they were covered head to foot in leather and had
helmets on . A quick flip of the visor and a quick blip on the throttle
took them out of range very quickly. There was even one who seemed to
be playing how close could he get to us without being squirted.

Attached :-
"Wish these adults would get out the way and let me have a shot"
Son and various carers, knew there names at the time but have long since
forgotten them.

Son is doing OK he has learned to drive (automatic only) and
volunteers at a plant nursery and at the local riding for the disabled .

https://www.kevockgarden.co.uk/plantlist/about_us.asp
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064311026842
(Sorry it's Facebook they used to have a website but I couldn't find it)

Attachments:
Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<u7ev7i$1e4vk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30521&group=uk.rec.cycling#30521

From: invalid@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on Taxi Outing
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 16:28:50 +0100
 by: soup - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:28 UTC

On 17/06/2023 20:43, JNugent wrote:

> Are you quite right in the head?

Maybe he landed on his head when he jumped of that bridge leaving him
humourless and very forgetful?

Humorless as he posts about how bad it is on the ONE DAY A YEAR that
disabled kiddies get to have a bit fun, and it's no secret when it is
on. Oh and BTW I have never witnessed [1] any one squirting anything
but water from their pistols/guns too many responsible adults about to
allow that.

Forgetful because he he ends up posting about the legal ramifications
of splashing someone by driving through a puddle (need to add a lack of
relevancy as well as no-one was 'talking' about splashing someone by
driving through a puddle) several times

[1] It may have happened that I don't know about it, but I severely
doubt it.

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kg0ehnFnvd9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30526&group=uk.rec.cycling#30526

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed
with water on Taxi Outing
Date: 27 Jun 2023 15:45:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:45 UTC

soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 17/06/2023 20:43, JNugent wrote:
>
>> Are you quite right in the head?
>
> Maybe he landed on his head when he jumped of that bridge leaving him
> humourless and very forgetful?
>
> Humorless as he posts about how bad it is on the ONE DAY A YEAR that
> disabled kiddies get to have a bit fun, and it's no secret when it is
> on. Oh and BTW I have never witnessed [1] any one squirting anything
> but water from their pistols/guns too many responsible adults about to
> allow that.
>
> Forgetful because he he ends up posting about the legal ramifications
> of splashing someone by driving through a puddle (need to add a lack of
> relevancy as well as no-one was 'talking' about splashing someone by
> driving through a puddle) several times
>
> [1] It may have happened that I don't know about it, but I severely
> doubt it.

Churlish as Mason is, at least it’s a change from fly-tipping and SUV
rollover accidents in the US.

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<05ef1148-260f-48f4-b3ff-6ab3292bb54bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30529&group=uk.rec.cycling#30529

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 09:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
on Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 16:34 UTC

There's nothing more frustrating than running late. You might be racing to drop the kids off at school in the morning or to get to your doctor's appointment after a busy day at work.

When in a rush, you might not notice a large puddle by the side of the road and end up getting water on someone walking past. But is this illegal? We take you through whether you could get a fine if you accidentally splash a pedestrian.
Is it illegal to splash a pedestrian?

Yes, it is illegal to splash a pedestrian with water from the road while you're driving. Splashing a pedestrian falls under Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and is punishable through a Fixed Penalty Notice.

You can get a maximum fine of up to £5,000 and between three and nine penalty points on your licence if someone complains to police. One driver received a £500 fine after he splashed a mother and her children on the way to school. The court gave the new driver six points on his licence and ordered him to pay an extra £50 to the victim.

The way you deal with the situation could determine whether or not the person you splash takes it any further. You could apologise and maybe even offer to pay their dry cleaning bill. If you're found to deliberately drive through puddles to target pedestrians you could get a Public Order Offence.

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<kg0kbhFoshhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30531&group=uk.rec.cycling#30531

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
with water on Taxi Outing
Date: 27 Jun 2023 17:25:05 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 17:25 UTC

Fine and points mentioned 10 times by Mason in this thread…

--
Spike

Re: Moment Edinburgh chav-cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing

<e2b7ac61-ff14-445b-a049-9f92b75d054an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30533&group=uk.rec.cycling#30533

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 10:34:17 -0700 (PDT)
on Taxi Outing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 17:34 UTC

Some people don't appreciate the "joke".

Police were called after pranksters drove around Manchester’s Northern Quarter shooting Bank Holiday revellers with a water gun.

The jokers were spotted in a blue people carrier late on Sunday night, hosing down passers-by, officers said.

They provoked mixed reactions when police aired the news on Twitter.

GMP City Centre posted on Sunday night at 11.08pm: “Report of occupants of blue people carrier in NQ spraying pedestrians with large water gun.. Is it me or is it just not that funny?”

Follower @jehovah_himself replied: “It’s pathetic. Embarrassingly stupid” before Maria McCoy added: “I’m with you! I’d not be too pleased to have any liquid sited at me it’s bloody cold!”

Duncan Drasdo, CEO of Manchester United Supporters Trust, joked: “Are you sure it’s water they’re spraying?”

Officers later posted that the water gun offenders could be arrested on suspicion of assault or public order offences, but it is not yet known if anyone was actually detained.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/northern-quarter-water-pistol-police-9323715

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Moment Edinburgh cyclist loses it when splashed with water on Taxi Outing